Are you the next big thing in fashion?! Then listen up, you are going to love this.
MultiChoice Nigeria presents The Fashion Protégé, Nigeria’s biggest fashion design competition.
The show which is in search of Nigeria’s next big fashion star, was created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of MultiChoice Nigeria. The Fashion Protégé is a 5-episode Nigerian reality television series that will air later this year on DSTV’s AfricaMagic.
Contestants guided by mentors, will compete to be recognized as Nigeria’s next big fashion star.
On deciding to create the show, a representative from MultiChoice Nigeria says “As MultiChoice turns 20, it is important that we invest in our communities that have kept African stories alive and foster the next generation of creative talents. This will create an opportunity for them to tell their own stories through their designs.”
Designers, Fashionistas, Fashionistos, Stylists and every fashion savvy individual, this is an opportunity you cannot miss. Get your creative and resilient spirits energized as you will be tested on how to succeed in the cutthroat fashion industry.
If you know you’ve got all it takes to make it big in fashion, then be ready to prove it.
It’s a few hoops to the finish line, but if you’ve got the talent, then you can be on your way to becoming Africa’s most celebrated budding designer. Simply enter the competition by following these few steps;
How to Enter
• Read all there is to know about MultiChoice Nigeria
• Design a piece inspired by MultiChoice Nigeria
• Create your masterpiece (you can enlist a tailor if you don’t have sewing skills)
• Take a photo of your piece, write a short note on the MultiChoice inspiration and submit via any of the 3 entry methods.
• Spread the word! (Twitter, Facebook, BBM, Instagram)
There are 3 ways to enter. You can choose ANY of the methods. You do not need to apply via multiple ways.
1. Via email – email@example.com | Photo must be accompanied by a short explanation of how design is inspired by MultiChoice Nigeria.
2. Via DSTV website – http://www.dstv.com/News/Are-you-Nigeria-s-next-big-fashion-star-/34565
3. Via DStv Nigeria’s Facebook page (Voters’ Choice) – fashionprotege.pgtb.me/SwZFSb
Submitted Entries will be judged by a panel of Fashion Experts & a representative of MultiChoice Nigeria for
- Connection to MultiChoice Nigeria theme
- Quality of Garment
- 30 finalists will be shortlisted for the audition
- 10 contestants will be chosen for the 5 episode reality series
- 1 winner will emerge!
- Contestants must be between ages 18-35
- Designer, Stylist, Fashion Enthusiast. Ability to sew not compulsory for participation. However, Creative Direction must be executed by contestant.
- If already in business; business must have been established for a period less than 2 years
- Contestants must be based in Nigeria.
Up For Grabs is N 1,000,000 (1 Million), Mentorship by a renowned Nigerian designer, an International Fashion Trip, a Special Feature Interview on BellaNaija, a Feature in a Top Fashion Magazine & a Lookbook by a Top Photographer.
Deadline: Entries close Monday 18 November 2013 at 23:59 GMT
Contact: For more information about The Fashion Protégé, visit http://www.dstv.com/News/Are-you-Nigeria-s-next-big-fashion-star-/34565 | www.facebook.com/dstvng
Strategic Partners: BellaNaija.com, Touch of Glamour, MUD Cosmetics Nigeria, Spice TV
Online Media Partners: 360Nobs, ThirdWorldProfashional, OneNigerianBoy, OloriSuperGal, ForStyleSake