Music

2Baba is Getting Honoured with a Doctorate Degree from Igbinedion University

BellaNaija.com

2Baba

One of Nigeria’s foremost singers, Innocent Idibia – 2 Baba will be conferred with a honorary degree by the Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo state.

He announced this on his Instagram page and invited all to join in the celebrations:

Ladies and gentlemen! I’m pleased to let you know that I’m going 2 be Conferred with an honorary degree @ Igbinedion University on the 10th of May in okada. You are all invited. #GRATEFUL #igbinedionuniversity Thank you for the honour.

offcial 2 baba

Photo Credit: Instagram/Official2Baba

1. Just

May 5, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Congratulations!!!

2. keke driver

May 5, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I’ll pretend like I didn’t read this….but congrats tho #IAin’tNoHater

3. Prince

May 5, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Nice one. Doctor of what please???

4. Chinedu

May 5, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Is Nigeria trying to tell me that there is a shortage of reputable men in Nigeria. Why do we dignify this man with accolades and degrees. No wonder Wizkid, Davido and Flavour are following in his footsteps. I don’t want anyone of you to ever open your mouth about Anna Banner, Sophie Momodu or Tiwa Savage (even if she did what TBillz claimed). African society used to shun men like this. What has happened to our values. I don talk my own.

• Nene

May 5, 2016 at 2:27 pm

I agree. However igbinedion is a nonsense school

• TOSIN

May 6, 2016 at 3:46 pm

how is Igbinedion a nonsense school o?. Am sure you are just hating because your parent couldn’t afford to send you there,lol…

• Strit Kredibility

May 5, 2016 at 7:42 pm

You are so small minded. You sound like someone with the personality of a fig tree. You and all others spewing rubbish are incapable of greatness. Your limitations are your problem. There is no formula for greatness, repeat after me, there is no formula for greatness. A small mind will always remain small and attract other small minds no matter the academic degrees accumulated. Sometimes this blog tire me walahi.

5. Call Me Gorgeous...

May 5, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Congratulations Sir!

Doctorate degree for a Man who cannot conveniently communicate in English Language without infusing some pidgin here and there? This is for starters.. Dont get me wrong, i have nothing but love and respect for his craft…but some things just need to be scrutinized properly oh jare…

How do these Universities even determine who to confer these degrees to honestly? This is baffling and mind boggling… Only in Nigeria…

Have a nice day everyone and continue to pray for our dear Country!

6. SISI WURA

May 5, 2016 at 1:50 pm

I’m done stressing myself with book ooo after all they will dash politicians and artist doctorate , abegi who will sponsor my musical career and for you information the sharing formula is 95% to 5% and the 5% is for my sponsor slash manager and if you are a man , kindly be informed that I can’t and won’t marry.

7. ACE

May 5, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Odiegwu oooooh! Nigeria which way? And of coz it’s Igbinedion university.

8. Mondela

May 5, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Its Igbinedion university…no one should be surprised!

9. Fortune Da Function Guy

May 5, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Sum pple shld slow down with their hatred, Haba! Congratulation to d living legend.

• bypasser

May 5, 2016 at 3:42 pm

This is not about hatred guy. It is about the fact! How will the niggah even deliver his ‘thank you’ speech after the whole thing? Is it going to be ‘E no easy my people?” #truthbetold #nobadvibes

10. jays girl

May 5, 2016 at 4:05 pm

This is very very funny well not suprised thats Igbinedion university for you. and of course Nigeria where rubbish is allowed lols .

11. humble

May 5, 2016 at 4:19 pm

The man wey quote me na you I wan talk about
    Before you dress up start to type about
    About me you want to talk about
    Cos me sef I be human being
    #mightyfools stop hating and focus on yourself.

12. mary

May 5, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Doctorate degree kwa to 2face,,, ok. i am just wondering what his acceptance speech will look like. eehh my people, nothing dey happen. congrats Dr. innocent idibia. Nigeria i hail thee

13. Marian

May 6, 2016 at 7:21 am

Chei! Abeggi, I’m tired of school bowen fit dash me degree? Momc asked me when I’m starting a PhD program yesterday and I was just like it’s only been a yr since d last degree. A sistah needs a break mehn.

14. tmb

May 8, 2016 at 5:33 pm

abeg enough of all this bad belle. who bad belle Don epp?lol. 2baba is an African legend and amazing philanthropist to name a few and totally deserves any honorary accolades I don’t care what your stand points are! Congrats legendary 2baba Africa’s numero une. haters gonna hate! finito

15. tmb

May 8, 2016 at 5:46 pm

abeg enough of all this bad belle. who bad belle Don epp?lol. 2baba is an African legend and amazing philanthropist to name a few and totally deserves any honorary accolades I don’t care what your stand points are! Congrats legendary 2baba Africa’s numero une. where you ppl when they gave kanye west and diddy similar honours in the usa last uear? abeg go and rest. haters gonna hate! finito