Scoop

“Nothing one won’t see from this delusional hypocritical nation” – Bisi Alimi reacts to Nollywood’s Portrayal of a Gay Relationship

Gay rights activist Bisi Alimi took to Instagram to share his thoughts about Nollywood’s portrayal of a gay relationship in a recent Yoruba movie.

Using Instagram to express his frustration with Nigeria as a “delusional and homophobic nation”, he also tried to explain that the stereotypes of Lesbian-Gay relationships are incorrect.

He wrote:

“This is STUPID and honestly l am just being very nice because stupid will be offended that I compare this piece of dustbin bullshit to stupid. I mean who wrote this script? Who directed it? What the actual f*** is wrong with #Nollywood? Is it a must to do gay stories? And which part of story research and character research this bunch of idiots can do?

1- not all gay people are camp! That next ‘manly man’ next to you now might actually be gay and that pretty sexy feminine lady next to you might actually be lesbian. Stupid being blatantly stupid
2- I have said it before and will say it again, LG relationship are not straight relationships. We don’t do husband and wife, we do wife and wife, husband and husband. This bullshit is just trying to hard. I mean what the f***, I am not even sure whether I should laugh or cry!!! I can’t believe someone took time and spent money on making this piece of shit. Jesus f***ing christ?!? Nothing one won’t see from this bunch of delusional homophobic nation. I can’t even deal at the moment. Lol”

See the clip from the movie that got him upset below!

View this post on Instagram

@bisialimi is not happy with Nollywood for this portrayal of a gay relationship. ****** @bisialimi: "This is STUPID and honestly l am just being very nice because stupid will be offended that I compare this piece of dustbin bullshit to stupid. I mean who wrote this script? Who directed it? What the actual f*** is wrong with #Nollywood? Is it a must to do gay stories? And which part of story research and character research this bunch of idiots can do? I am sure there are many LGBT people that will educate you on the best way to tell this story, even if you are bent on being homophobic atseholes. 1- not all gay people are camp! That next 'manly man' next to you now might actually be gay and that pretty sexy feminine lady next to you might actually be lesbian. Stupid being blatantly stupid 2- I have said it before and will say it again, LG relationship are not straight relationships. We don't do husband and wife, we do wife and wife, husband and husband. This bullshit is just trying to hard. I mean what the f***, I am not even sure whether I should laugh or cry!!! I can't believe someone took time and spent money on making this piece of shit. Jesus – christ?!? Nothing one won't see from this bunch of delusional homophobic nation. I can't even deal at the moment. Lol"

A post shared by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

1. Rrrrrrr

January 27, 2017 at 7:54 am

If you want to curse out, please do not use the Lord’s name in vain. Use your name instead. That being said Oga it have do. We know you are gay.

• fleur

January 28, 2017 at 3:40 am

TOo much ado about nothing. #whathappenswhenpeepsarejobless

2. Aanu

January 27, 2017 at 8:11 am

A group of people’s actions does not make a nation delusional and keep the name of my Savior out of your smelling mouth. Can you curse using the prophet’s name? What nonsense

3. lalagold

January 27, 2017 at 8:14 am

Mtcheew! killed yourself (in Jenifa’s voice)

4. BigJoy

January 27, 2017 at 8:23 am

Abeg! this guy should go and seat in one corner, you say you are gay, fine! please leave us in peace to breathe fresh air! must you always put things out?

5. Yahoo

January 27, 2017 at 8:24 am

this 5 mins madness fever on internet these days sha. Oloshi banter session things. Somebody can not be bored again and tune into blogs without coming across faggedy spouting from that alimi faggot. Unwarranted rantings, who even likes gay movies or scenes. Smart idiat!

6. Pamela

January 27, 2017 at 8:31 am

I just tire for Naija movie

7. Oga o

January 27, 2017 at 8:50 am

Looooooooooool

8. Spunky

January 27, 2017 at 9:44 am

The Alimi guy just dey follow una play na…abi?!

9. funmilola

January 27, 2017 at 9:59 am

husband and husband, wife and wife….??????

10. Deedee

January 27, 2017 at 10:41 am

That’s how they want to do theirs now, abi must they do it like yours? Please go get a life lmao

11. Mondela

January 27, 2017 at 10:58 am

Yawns…his rants are becoming annoying and unbearable.An attention seeker if u ask me.

12. I guess he is bitter, angry and misses home but we rejected him, now he is trying to build new family but there is nothing like home, my advice to Bisi is to stop and just move on, you are an open gay activist and Nigeria has too much worry to bother about that now or tomorrow..
    Insults on your country won’t it easy for you either..

• Agu

January 27, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Your homophobia will not get u and your country any where have you asked your self why is it that those country where Christianity was founded from like Israel and Rome accept gay people to live like us and marry whom ever the choose but Nigeria is still clinging on what God told them in the Bible a white man in London wrote 50 years ago and how is things turning out of Nigeria despite the fact the are Jesus freaks and religious freaks.

• Mondela

January 27, 2017 at 12:39 pm

The Bible wasnt written 50yrs ago…duhhhhhhh!!!!

13. Agu

January 27, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Nigeria have a long way to go before the openly catch up with the rest of the developed world in understanding and accepting Homosexuality. The only case the have is what is the Bible and what Jesus told Homosexual is biological BD being in existence thousand of years before Jesus and any other religious figures until Nigeria accept this nigeria will never develop.

• Mz_Danielz

January 27, 2017 at 12:57 pm

So if we don’t accept gays, we’ll never develop? Thanks for your excellent analysis of Nigeria’s problem. To what account do we pay the consultancy fee?

• bk

January 28, 2017 at 12:49 am

can you just listen to yourself or better still read your grammar again? So stupid

14. Cmbp

January 27, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Is this guy a house husband or whatever? too much time on his hands.

15. I_I

January 27, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Baba, thats your business. Keep your homosexual nonsense to yourself.

16. Idomagirl

January 27, 2017 at 2:51 pm

When people like this fellow curse with the name of Christ…
    Sha it’s not his fault…but if he thinks rants like this will help his cause…well….

17. happywifey

January 27, 2017 at 3:49 pm

please please and do not mention my God’s name in vain. Don’t even put it in your negative write up. Please show some respect!!!!!. can you use your daddy’s name like that ehn. and please stop forcing us to accept abnormal things and sin biko all in the name of being open minded or whatever….

• Zanele Zungu

January 27, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Don’t use the Bible to defend your hate and ignorance. You are no different from the white people who used it to defend slavery.

18. Zanele Zungu

January 27, 2017 at 11:40 pm

He’s not seeking attention, he’s speaking out about a social injustice that affects him and millions of others in Nigeria and on the continent . Just admit that you don’t care much about gay rights and that’s why you’re offended by his rants.
    People here are so busy talking about “don’t say the Lord’s name in vain .” what makes you think God wants to be defended by such judgmental people? If being gay is a sin, then what difference is your judgment?
    And yes “rants like this” will help his cause because if people didn’t rant and protest, slavery would still exist and black people would still be viewed as sub human.
    The year is young, don’t allow ignorance to take over you. This goes to everyone who felt some type of way about his rant.