The Miss Kanekalon grand finale which took place on July 14th, 2018 at Landmark Event Centre was definitely an exciting experience as Stephanie Iloabachie from Port Harcourt, a true African damsel adorned with beauty and brains, emerged Miss Kanekalon 2018.
Stephanie is a graduate of sociology. She aspires to be a fashion designer of international standard. She recently applied to attend a fashion school so she can fulfill her dream to become a successful fashion designer in a few years
The pageant was a life changing moment for Miss Stephanie as she whisked home a huge sum of three million naira and an educational financial sponsorship deal worth 1.5 million naira that will help her achieve her dreams to be an outstanding fashion designer. She is also set to take centre stage as Kanekalon’s leading ambassador. Her stylist, Bridget Chukwudozie, was also gifted a sum of seven hundred thousand naira and other delightful gifts for her exceptional hair styling skills.
The first-runner up, Treasure Obasi and the Second-runner up, Laura Mills from Ghana, were not left out as they took home 1.5 million and 1 million naira respectively. Danielle Marinze also made her mark as Miss Congeniality.
The unforgettable spectacular pageant kicked off at 6pm with a lot of distinguished guests in attendance including the ever glowing and elegant Ronke Oshodi Oke, Nigerian fashion, beauty and entertainment heavy weights like Modella, Frank Oshodi, Bryan Okwara and Kaylah Oniwo, amongst others.
This super entertaining pageant of the year was superbly hosted by the funny and energetic Helen Paul and Koffi.
The pageant of the year left the guests in awe as they saw firsthand the fabulous styles displayed by Darling and X-pression as well as the exceptional hair display arranged by the Hair Associations. It was clear everyone had an amazing time especially when they danced and sang heartily to the rhythms of Afro pop star, Kizz Daniel, who graced the occasion.
The contestants paraded and gave an exciting performance as they proudly showcased their Kanekalon Fiber made braids and style, first in jeans and t-shirts followed by traditional attires and then in evening dresses as they excellently displayed their exceptional endowments. All 20 Finalists and their stylists demonstrated the creative, industrious and intelligent nature of a true African beauty.
It’s good to know that Miss Kanekalon hair and beauty pageant is a yearly event. So, if you missed it this year, there will be another one in 2019.
For more information about Kanekalon, please visit and like the Kanekalon Africa Facebook page
Miss Kanekalon 2018 20 Finalists
- OKAFOR IFEOMA (Lagos Auditions)
- LAURA MILLS (Ghana Auditions)
- SMOOTH MERCY (Delta Auditions)
- ILOABACHIE STEPHANIE ANULIKA (PH Auditions)
- ANGELA MAABENA TWUM (Ghana Auditions)
- AMAECHI PRECIOUS CHIKAIMA (Lagos Auditions)
- OFUANI EMMANUELLA (Lagos Auditions)
- PERPETUAL ACQUAH (Ghana Auditions)
- ETERIKOKO PRISCILLIA (Delta Auditions)
- OKAFOR KOSISOCHUKWU CHIDERA (Lagos Auditions)
- OFOMA GRATEFUL (PH Auditions)
- OPARAH LUCY (Lagos Auditions)
- JUSTINA AMEGATSE (Ghana Auditions)
- OLAONIPEKUN FADEDEMI IFEOLUWA (Lagos Auditions)
- NANA AMA YAMOAH (Ghana Auditions)
- MARINZE DANIELLE (Lagos Auditions)
- OBASI TREASURE (Lagos Auditions)
- SADEEQ ELIZABETH ADETOKE (Lagos Auditions)
- AKINWANDE TOYIN MERCY (Lagos Auditions)
- EDEH JOY UGOCHI (Lagos Auditions)