After months of teasers via the trailer and posters, writer/producer Vivian Ejike‘s latest movie premiered in Lagos. “A Private Storm” is a romantic thriller which features a number of Nollywood and Ghollywood stars including Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Ramsey Nouah, John Dumelo, Ngozi Ezeonu and Ufuoma Ejenobor. The movie was directed by Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen and Kechukwu Onyeka.

The premiere took place on Saturday, 18th December 2010 at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel in Oniru Estate, Lagos. Star of Vivian Ejike’s 2009 hit “Silent Scandals” Genevieve Nnaji graced the event dressed in a draped Tiffany Amber mini dress. Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde looked pretty in a black asymmetrical dress by Karen Millen. Vivian also stood out in her multi-coloured floor-length dress.
Check out the photos and movie trailer below.

“A Private Storm” – Premiere Photos

Vivian Ejike

John Dumelo

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde with guests

Geneveive Nnaji (in Tiffany Amber)

Ify Jones

Ufuoma Ejenobor

Uti Nwachukwu & Kenneth Okolie

Omoni Oboli

Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen and guest

Omotola with guest

Genevieve with Vivian Ejike

Behind the Scenes Photos – “A Private Storm”

Premiere Photo Credit: Tyna Ezenma

Watch the trailer for “A Private Storm”

76 Comments on John Dumelo, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Ufuoma Ejenobor and Genevieve Nnaji grace the Lagos premiere of Vivian Ejike’s “A Private Storm”
  • Chei December 21, 2010 at 5:27 pm

one of the best Movies touches a lot on Domestic Violence -watched this past weekend. Its released here in USA – contact your african store and PURCHASE

• chiamaka December 21, 2010 at 5:42 pm

At last,Gene aint wearing black!she looks nice,more colour nxt year gal

• lowlah December 21, 2010 at 5:45 pm

its a beautiful movie…it interacted me better than bursting out…
    amazing.

• lizzy December 21, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Guess i can now watch the movie….the premiere looked nice.

• MiaJadore December 21, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Looking forward to this one. Where was Ramsey?! Omotola and Genevieve looking Fabulous as always, Love those two!

• Glossy December 21, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Private Storm much better than Bursting something

• NNENNE December 21, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Everyone looks absolutely fab.Whose label is Vivian Ejike wearing? Nice color, nice fitting.Love,love,love….

• Shadders December 21, 2010 at 6:49 pm

they all look cute

• partyrider December 21, 2010 at 6:56 pm

genny looked stunning..omotola looked good too.
    is it that ramsy did not come for d premier or something

• xoxo December 21, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Genny is a beautiful woman..her grace,charm,charisma and confidence is breathtaking..she is a taurus to the bone….

• Glossy December 22, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Genny is beautiful girl but there is no gracious bone in her body. Don’t bother

• Summer December 21, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Just looking at the poster of this movie makes very proud to be a Nigerian. I feel lost in America….I just want to go home.

• dave December 21, 2010 at 7:14 pm

bursting out was betr o

• Dave December 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm

me enjoyd burtin out o

• mariaah December 21, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I love this movie, stimulating, (I swear I have vexed loads of times whilst watching) funny, touches a very sensitive topic women around the world face and its quality too..Let me finish watching it jare..
    They all look good, was beginning to wonder why I had not seen any news about it here..Kudos to Vivian and the rest of the crew..

• abby December 21, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Gene looks fantabulous! Omotola stunning! Where is Ramsey? JD looks…..sloppy?

• sweetie December 21, 2010 at 8:21 pm

omoT abeg you too fine, chei

• halle December 21, 2010 at 8:33 pm

What’s the basis of the comparison, if you liked private storm, good for you, if you liked bursting out, good for you.Was it the same cast? no? was it a similar story? I dont think so? so wetin concern agbero with overload? As for me, the two are not even in the same class, go figure. Vivian shld stop competing with emem and just do her thing. Being an ibo lady, she shld know that ibo ppl always like to be pacesetters not trying to fill someone else’s shoes. Do your own, if you reach the heights that others have reached and even surpass them, all the better. If not, at least you will join whitney to sing that you tried and didnt walk in any one’s shadow.

• THE AMAKA December 21, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I was just going to say the same exact thing! thank you!
      lol

• Chi December 21, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I wonder why people never resist the urge to compare Vivian Ejike to Emem Isong. Everywhere I hear Vivian Ejike one ‘firestarter’ will always mention Emem Isong. I’m even tempted to think some of these comments are from Vivian’s – kissers.
    Abeg leave Vivian to do her thing and leave Emem to do hers. Stop trying to knock two people’s heads together troublemakers!!!

• THE AMAKA December 21, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Genevieve finally broke away from the black! she looks fabulous (as always)
    best dressed, in my opinion.
    Omotola looks okay, bad lace front. I think if people can’t get it right, then do away with the whole lace front thing, na by force?
    Vivian Ejike looks good, the dress suits her color well.
    Uti and Kenneth…best friends maybe….they appear everywhere together.
    John Dumelo….what are you wearing? SMH…
    Omoni Oboli looks okay.
    Ife Jones….love it! she always looks “model-fabulous” to me.

• THE AMAKA December 21, 2010 at 10:34 pm

sorry i meant Ify

• Younotry December 21, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Genny looks good but played too safe with colour. Nice fit on ify Jones.

Younotry.blogspot.com

• Area Mama December 21, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Why of all the films to compare Private Storm to, they have to mention Bursting Out? Come, are Emem Isong and Vivian even in the same class? They are not! Vivian has a loooong way to go so people should stop using Emem’s name to stir up controversy because both films are very different.

• Primrose December 21, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Domestic violence and romantic comedy? How are they the same? There is no basis for comparison so why the comparison between Private Storm and Bursting Out! People sha! In their bid to hype film!… Anyway, water and ogogoro look the same, its only when you taste them you know how far! Go figure! *wink!

• vivi December 21, 2010 at 10:15 pm

private storm should be compared to jungle ride.

• Primrose December 21, 2010 at 11:35 pm

@Vivi hahaha! Nice one

• Brittle Paper December 22, 2010 at 12:22 am

Seriously? In this day and age? Bad sound? Bad video quality? Bad acting? When everybody and their mother has access to state of the art cameras and editing software? I sorry for nollywood.

• Miss Face December 22, 2010 at 1:07 am

Word! And that’s a fact.

• Ndee December 22, 2010 at 1:32 am

Uti and this his “pose”…and Mr. Nigeria,I think I have seen you wear that shirt to another red carpet…

• Miss Face January 23, 2011 at 10:54 pm

No no no i was gonna comment before you on that uti’s open legged pose he does all the time, so irritating. urghh!

• Temiloluwa Adebayo December 22, 2010 at 2:05 am

In Uti’s mind now, he’s Mr World lol… Ify Jones looks great and I love John Dumelo!!!

• Alero January 5, 2011 at 12:45 pm

lol.u speak my mind.lol.

• mary007 December 22, 2010 at 3:34 am

Nice pictures Bella, Genny is a star any day, she just gets better, Vivian looks really nice as for Ufuoma AKA Urhobo girl there is just something that makes the outfit not right, the others hmmmm D for effort

• mary007 December 22, 2010 at 3:35 am

That aside I would love to see this

• Diva4life December 22, 2010 at 3:47 am

I saw d movie and i must say wast anything to write home about….Bloody waste of my time.

• THE AMAKA December 22, 2010 at 5:01 am

yeah….i started watching parts of it on youtube. got really bored…so i never got around to part two. lol

• Stunning December 22, 2010 at 3:56 am

Personally I don’t like what Vivian wore….too much going on!
    Ufuoma’s feet looks hella huge from dat angle n her dress looks borderline tight!
    Genevieve looked stunning in dat dress but she played it too safe with her choice of shoe color
    This Uti guy is starting to annoy me!lol….does he have to dress like this to every daggone event (boring)
    What was uncle lance thinking?????Azin…….

Oh btw….did anyone else notice Rukayat Sanda’s absence?!!!! Lol…I kid! I kid! But her fowl legz are noticeably absent from a nollywood red-carpet affair?Shocker!She’s usually at these things with her signature pout in tow! Lol

• THE AMAKA December 22, 2010 at 5:02 am

lol! Rukky don suffer oooooo!

• Area Mama December 22, 2010 at 10:06 am

Its so obvious you are jealous of Rukky! You cant even hide it! So what if she is on every red carpet? Isnt she an actress? Upcoming or otherwise! Abeg, go get a life! She obviously has hers.

• ruby December 22, 2010 at 7:22 am

hahhahaaa una go kill person with una comment…i like the both movies oh.Emen isong you dont disappoint….vivian is also trying…..love them both

• ruby December 22, 2010 at 7:23 am

and i forgot to add….DUmelo what are you wearing??nigerian police uniform??

• THE AMAKA December 22, 2010 at 8:02 am

now that it comes to my attention…
    the dress Omotola is wearing looks similar to the one Yvonne Ekwere and Stephanie Okereke wore.
    i guess thats whats def “IN!”

• ochella December 22, 2010 at 9:22 am

Yeah my first thought when i saw the dress.
      They all looked good sha except John Dumelo.
      and yes the Vivian’s makeup was horrible

• Mammi December 22, 2010 at 9:02 am

This Ify chick is hot!

• Kiss of Life December 22, 2010 at 10:01 am

Mammi
    @stunning… Genevieve is holding a red purse. How much more dangerous do you want her to get? Perhaps purple shoes for class??Genny looked stunning. Really effortless and relaxed. Very appropriate considering she’s not in the movie.Omotola looks…well..let’s just say that lace wig ain’t working for me and this karen millen dress needs a wake keep. Time to put it to rest actresses!!!!Omoni looks like anything but a movie star. Almost like a village champ. Wassup wiv dat?I like Vivian’s dress on her. She always seem to look better than Emen though..( we can at least compare looks)This Ify chick is hot!

What do you mean she looks better than Emem? You must be very stupid for saying that! Imagine! Dont let me descend on you because when Emem was busy making movies you were still trying to figure out whether to wear akpoche outfit and flaming shoes in your village! Nonsense! Such lack of respect!

• ruby December 22, 2010 at 1:14 pm

hahahaahahaa @akpoche outfit

• THE AMAKA December 22, 2010 at 4:42 pm

LOL, i started crying when i read the “akpoche outfit and flaming shoes” comment.
      hilarious!
      BN is filled with comedians sha! lol

• nina December 22, 2010 at 10:05 am

Genny,love or hate her d lady is jst sooooooooo beautiful,confident and always looking gud anytime,her carriage is something else.go Genny,luv u loads

• ufedo December 22, 2010 at 12:10 pm

we are such a country of beef lords! gaddamit. all i can do is smh at the buffoonery going on here.
    compare-dont compare
    genny classy- too safe
    rukky sanda absent/razz- hater.. shut up.
    omotola on point– lace wig toh bad(i agree tho)/karen millen dress burial.

lol! gosh! this actresses dem dey try sef. after all the yabs they get, they still attend this shindigs and take pics…

• tracey December 22, 2010 at 2:44 pm

OMOTOLA COME ON WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!! GENEVIEVE IS STARTING TO LOOK WAY BETTER THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WATCH YOUR WEIGHT, AND START DRESSING A BIT BETTER THAT DRESS IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ochella December 22, 2010 at 4:18 pm

are they supposed to be competing or something?
      These are two beautiful & strong black women.
      This whole comparisom thing is getting old abeg!

• Gbagaun! December 22, 2010 at 4:39 pm

I think that’s a very mean thing to say. No one should be comparing. They are both classy in their ways.
      Even if you’re comparing, OmoT has 4 children, so please stop.

• ochella December 22, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Even the isuue of OMOTOLA having 4 kids is over flogged to! haba! There are people with no kids and are fatter than her and there are people with four/five kids that are slimmer.
        They are both hot and DIFFERENT!
        I definately agree that she wasnt looking her best here sha, with no make up on and that hair but even at that she is pretty.

• Gbagaun! December 22, 2010 at 4:45 pm

This movie looks nice. Definitely watching it when I get back to Nigeria, which will happen hopefully!!!
    Genevieve looks so good, OmoT looks quite nice but I think she should work on her red carpet decorum, but I love them both <3!

• Chi December 22, 2010 at 8:06 pm

John Dumelo. God pls let me stop admiring this man as I am married o. He is so cute.

• Gbagaun! December 23, 2010 at 5:11 am

I know what you mean, I’m not married but still this lusting is crazy, :)

• adams hassan December 23, 2010 at 2:38 pm

i love african movies so much but my interest for it has diminish simply because the nudity in our movies is becoming too much.what are we teaching for those who are coming up.

• Fashion Police December 23, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Pumps would have been better for all the ladies involved. :) Their outfits looks good; some of them. Next time, Omotala could use a fitting room before purchasing a clinging outfit. Yes, I said it, and not maliciously. :) Our bodies as women changes with seasons and we have to keep up with the changes in terms of finding dresses, gowns, skirts et all that fits. Now, I am not talking about Omotola only but in general. It looks like a well put together event. :)

John dumelo, please try a better looking shirt next time. TM Lewin could help. :)

• moi December 25, 2010 at 2:29 am

watched the movie and it didnt make one iota of sense

• connie December 27, 2010 at 7:55 pm

open ur eyes and watch it again. or have someone interpret it to you.

• ijubreel January 1, 2011 at 1:13 pm

guys! guys!there’s really no need to tear vivian apart or pull her down. if you don’t think the movie is ok-say it in subtle manner,don’t be this brutal.she’s obviously doing her best and if its not good enough for you, then too bad.and wats with the comparison with emmem isong?
    john dumelo- i love you but please get a wardrobe stylist, dat outfit is not acceptable.

• ashbaby January 2, 2011 at 9:08 am

This John does not have personality sef,fine dry boi,he’s too dull jare,no action.mtchew,i prefer majid to him……he had better re-package himself. That vivian chic looks too igbotic to me sha,or is it my eyes? Bad make-up,mtchew……

• g5 January 5, 2011 at 11:41 am

gene n omotola look cool as usual
    ufuoma should have done smtin to her hair
    omoni oboli, too simple
    uti, good lukin as usual
    nice all d same

• oma January 8, 2011 at 8:25 pm

plss.. can someone look at omotola’s picture again-No 5 where she is sitting down with her legs crossed in red. i beg- are those stretch marks or cellulite under her big lap? she should learn to cover them next time

• Mbome Harrington January 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm

ALL I ADMIRE IS DUMELO AND HIS PRETTY SELF AND BOLDNESS

• anon January 10, 2011 at 3:25 am

I spent the holiday with my aunt on my mother’s side, she cooked some of the best dishes I have ever tasted and she said my holiday will not be complete if I don’t watch a Nigerian movie. She has so many Nigerian movie collection that I actually lost count of them.

I was excited to watch them because I feel like I have missed a lot, especially hearing Nigerians rave about them. I am not even trying to sound funny, but I was so embarrased, perplexed, disturbed by everything. The acting skills of the actors/actresses, the camera angle, the volume, the failure of a storyline, inconsistency, repetition, poor editing, etc. was just simply mind blowing.

I kept thinking to myself is this real or it’s a joke, I mean lets not even talk about the uneven bleaching, the wigs/weaves, bad acting skills, the flashy design of the houses, and the obnoxious previews of other movies before the actual movie plays.

I know Nigerians can do better than that because they are some of the smartest people I know. So, what happened? I guess, smart doesn’t always equal creativity. I immediately contacted a friend of mine who has worked behind the scenes to produce couple of talk shows, films and some movies to talk about what can be done to improve the movie production in Africa.

First, a film/theatre school where these actors will be trained, there has to be people who truly have passion for what they do, more room for creativity, and learning to produce quality not quantity. This is not about competing with hollywood, or emulating westerners but finding a way to incorporate African culture with such creativity and class. Fortunately, this topic is something that he’s been working on and recently traveled to Nigeria, will stay there for some few months to look more into it. I wish him all the best.

• Emma January 17, 2011 at 11:53 pm

@oma…..Just checked Omosexy’s pic (pic 5) as you stated and I see beautiful smooth and sexy legs. Hmmmmmm you probably need a pair of glasses…..stop the hating…..rude -!

• OgeN January 24, 2011 at 12:00 am

This movie was AMAZING…. find the review for this and other movies at nollywoodreinvented.blogspot.com

• banks February 2, 2011 at 11:20 am

omosexy luks sexy,gene luks d same also,d two woman r d best in nollywood.nice movie.private storm.kip it up omosexy

• ATC March 9, 2011 at 11:43 am

John Dumelo is handsome

• Afronubia March 14, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Genevieve looks lovely. lovely dress, lovely hair, perfect in fact!

• libra April 29, 2011 at 2:09 pm

pls why must they always repeat dresses on red carpets,yvonne and stephanies has worn that same dress omotola is wearing the only diffrence is the colour,be creative.

• fedup May 11, 2011 at 6:44 pm

i think boyh omo end gene look gud with ou the too much make up and wigs eeh sorry wivs ..imean weaves this is nolly wood represent africa not hollywood.

• for real May 11, 2011 at 6:50 pm

and as for beauty omo is so fresh faced always gene looks too plastic and is trying too too hard,.. no look at them both for sure compare both faces,i wish omo could b natural but gene is also gud looking tho therez something about omo that makes her irresistable watch this spac