It seems as though every week, there is a new search within the Nigerian social media sphere for a missing person. Pretty girls, handsome men – people like you and me, the new Nigerian generation – young, educated, cosmopolitan and connected by the thread of social media – from BBM to Twitter and the almighty Facebook.

Last week, Cynthia Udoka Osokogu‘s photograph was all over the internet. She had been missing since late July 2012, however, the news became viral just a few days ago.
We saw Cynthia’s photo and prayed that like many others we would hear news that she had been found – alive and well. It was not to be. She is dead.
There is a lot of speculation about what happened to Cynthia and lack of information leads to rumours and falsities.
No one will know ever know the full story except Cynthia but here is what we can tell you.

What Happened to Cynthia?
24 Year Old Cynthia Osokogu left Abuja in late July 2012 (According to reports, on the 22nd of July 2012). Like many enterprising young people, the post-graduate student of Nasarawa State University was a clothing retailer and had travelled to Lagos to purchase new stock.

Cynthia had been chatting with some new “friends” on Facebook for a few months. In the course of their conversations, they developed a friendship and a level of trust. These young men were also university students, they seemed normal and promised to host Cynthia when she came to Lagos.

There is speculation that they paid for her plane ticket and promised to pay for her hotel as well. Only Cynthia knows if this is true. Whatever the truth is, Cynthia trusted her new friends and had no idea that they had sinister plans.
What we know is that, these 2 young men picked Cynthia up from the airport in Lagos and drove her to a hotel in Festac. At the hotel, they tied her up, robbed her of all the money she brought to shop for her business and strangled her to death.

They then left the hotel and quickly deleted her from their facebook friend list to remove any trace of their connection.
The hotel found her body and since her ID cards and mobile phone had been stolen, they could not identify her or call friends and family.
Her body was deposited in a morgue in Lagos.
All this time, her family and friends were praying for her safe return.

How the Killers Were Caught
At some point, one of the culprits accidentally answered Cynthia’s phone and the call was traced to Festac. Therefore, her missing person’s police report was submitted to the Area E Command in Festac. This enabled her family to find her body in the morgue and also led them to the hotel.

Using CCTV from the hotel, the killers were identified. According to reports, these two young men are university students who have now confessed that they killed Cynthia and she is their sixth victim – the gang reportedly specializes in luring unsuspecting young women, robbing them of their possessions before killing them. Though there is speculation that their motive was ritualistic, it appears that it was greed and their main goal was to rob and kill. The pharmacist who supplied the drugs used on Cynthia and hotel staff have also been arrested. According to Police spokesperson Ngozi Braide, “Six people were arrested on Sunday over the incident and investigations are ongoing”.

What we can learn from this
We have seen so many online comments judging Cynthia. This could have happened to anyone. With social media, this false sense of comfort and trust can be very misleading. We know couples who met on Facebook or BBM groups and are still together. If you ask them if they took security measures to protect themselves when they first met, many will confess that they did not. We hear of friendships built on twitter and BBM, where the first meeting was in the home of one of the friends. The truth is anything can happen. You have to be savvy and wise.

Cynthia was the only daughter and the last born of her parents – Ret. Major General Frank & Mrs Joy Osokogu. She was dotted on by her three elder brothers and parents. She was vibrant and enterprising. Everyone misses her so much! May Cynthia’s gentle soul rest in peace.

Tribute to Cynthia by her best friend, Aishatu Ene Ella
In the last few days I have seen had my heart torn, stripped and broken in pieces first by the disappearance and death of my Dearest friend and secondly by the wickedness exhibited by Nigerians, passing judgment on someone they never knew or met.

When she was officially declared meeting we put up a number online so people with information can call and help out, of over 500 calls we received in 3 days, only 2 of those calls were from people who actually helped with information. One was my dear friend Nuhu Kwajafa, the other was the Area Commander who called to inform us of the arrest of the people. The others were heartbreaking to say this least, I wondered how her mother would have coped if she had to deal with silliness, pettiness and undeserved hate from strangers, who just took one look at a lady and decided to judge her based on her looks.

When the sad news of her death broke, I made a comment and said I hope “all those who have insisted she was with a man would have their answer now and let her rest in peace” how wrong I was, They wouldn’t rest, they would only go back and manufacture a more hurtful and painful story, formulate more rumors and pass it around as facts, hmmm it is well. I have no comments for hateful people, I just want to share with you the real Cynthia, the Cynthia we knew not the one who hateful people have created in the last few days.

Cynthia was born on 10th of November 1987 to Gen Frank and Joy – Rita Nkem Osokogu, Udoka as her Mother named her, even as a baby was a uniting factor in her family. Her Mother had 3 boys before her, she was the last baby and only girl.
Her Parents had settled in Jos where we were and still neighbors, We became friends because in those days there were only few houses in the area. I was the last child and so didn’t have a lot of playmates my age, her brothers were my mates and Cynthia as the only girl didn’t have much friends around the neighborhood either so she tagged along when we had our “adventures” and “yawo”.

Cynthia the Model and Business Woman
2004 was one of the hardest years for the Family I was raised with in Jos, Cynthia and her Mom was with me all the way. They were there to comfort, assist, cook etc.

She was a tall beautiful and slender girl, we always teased her because even at 13 she was taller than me and the same height with her brothers, she was a tomboy all the way. Determined, stubborn and focused. As she grew into her height Her Mum and I playful suggest she try modeling because of her structure, Cynthia took it seriously, even though her major focus was education she gave modeling a trial and did quiet well as a model.

In 2007, she got her first major run way job and I will never forget the day she called me from Lagos after she had been paid, she said she wouldn’t want to waste the money and would buy clothes and bring to school to sell. The first badge of clothes never made it to keffi as industrious Cynthia who staying with her brother during her visit at Airforce Quarters sold the clothes to her brother, his colleagues and their friends, she told me she made 3 times her capital and immediately re-invested, bought more stock, came to Keffi and rented a shop, that was the birth of her Baby: “Dresscode”.

I remember I bought her the forms to one of the national competitions some years ago, she passed the screening passed 2 stages and called me one day to say she was asked to compromise to get through the next round, I told her to withdraw and she left. That was in 2011. She never entered any major pageant after that.

When it came to business Cynthia was midas, she knew when to make a great sale, she was never at a loss, her business grew from strength to strength all this while she was not even 21, @ 21 a lot of the people who now make it a point to formulate such hateful rumors were still struggling to buy Jamb Results.

Cynthia the Sister and Daughter
Cynthia was like the baby sister I didnt have, She was my confidant, stylist and a great comfort. We shared a lot, tears, smiles, laughs, joys ,sorrows and was always at my service. She was greatly involved in charity, anytime I sent a text or posted a picture of someone needing medical support, I could count on Cynthia as one of the first respondents. When she was in Abuja, she would always come and volunteer, run errands, always with a smile. When I get to Jos, she will be at the motor park waiting, Thats if she doesnt pick me up from Abuja. Not to forget my person Stylist, she either bought or chose most of my clothes, most times my friend say “you look nice” i tell them “ask Cynthia oh, I have no idea what I am wearing”. Style has never been a strong point of mine, but if Cynthia bought it or asked me to buy it I knew it was good and stylish

To her Mother, Cynthia was her heart. Several times I will ask Cynthia please dont go to Jos it is volatile and she will reply me ” Mumsy is alone at home”, or when she is in Jos and there was a fight I would call and ask her to leave Jos and come and stay a few days with me, she will say “I cant leave Mumsy alone here now” . That was our Cynthia, Others first.
When it was time to serve, while others would work their service to areas full of opportunity like Abuja, Lagos and Porthacort, Cynthia worked her service to crisis ridden Jos to be close to her Mother, Is that what a “runsgirl” does?

At age 24, Cynthia had a successful business, and was running a Post Graduate Program in Public Administration, sadly people will ignore all that and choose to believe that because she is pretty and Young she must be a “Runsgirl”, how sad, we Judge people by our own low and shabby standards.

She earned every kobo she had by good old hard work, Lets even forget her Father supported her financially but that didn’t turn her to a spoilt brat she was as determined as ever to make her own mark and earn her own keep.

The world and people who have no standards can stand afar and Judge all they want but we know who you are and we love you, we don’t need to defend You My baby, just setting the records straight.

The security Situation in our country now is horrible at best, people are kidnapped, robbed and killed everyday, why is it so hard to believe that a young girl was killed while going to pursue her legitimate business? If It was a man who was killed would we have come up with all these stories? If it was an older woman or someone not so attractive would we still? Her crime is being, young, pretty and a business woman. Hmmm, People, Have the decency to let us mourn in peace. Please.

Aishatu Ene Ella

251 Comments on RIP Cynthia…Young Nigerian Woman Cynthia Udoka Osokogu Murdered by Facebook Friends in Lagos
  • someone August 21, 2012 at 8:57 am

This is disheartening. Hope more people we learn from this story not to trust friends they meet online.

• Nikki August 21, 2012 at 9:04 am

Sad”Sad”Sad” May her soul rest in PEACE!

• chinweoge chibuzor August 29, 2012 at 11:28 am

No one deserves to die like this,Cynthia,may your soul rest in perfect peace and for the family please take heart.

• Omo25 August 21, 2012 at 9:04 am

Thanks Bella 4 finally giving a true dipiction of what happened! All sorts of sites writing all sorts of things without trying to find out what really happened. We pray Cynthia’s soul RIPP. This could happen to anyone, and we just need to be more careful. Nigerians need to learn to be less judgemental. There’s a lesson to be learnt here, its just so painful that she had to lose her life for us to learn it. May the Lord comfort her family, friends and all those that knew her. She will be missed greatly!

• theodora August 21, 2012 at 9:09 am

hmmm, so sad, truly sad…men whats up with festac now, every killing seems to be happening there….SMH

• Charles Moore August 24, 2012 at 8:23 am

Which other killing have happened there please?

• cutephunkie August 21, 2012 at 9:15 am

SO sad

• tunji August 21, 2012 at 9:22 am

sad

• Gold August 21, 2012 at 9:24 am

This is really Sad!! May her soul RIP. That’s one of the reasons i’m so AGAINST SOCIAL NETWORKS. People tend to give out TOO MUCH INFO and trust Pls if you can do without, deactivate your account. Those who trully mean alot to you, you have their numbers and can call eachother at will, text, chat on yahoo mssgr or msn. Anyother contact is a distraction if you ask me. I’ve not been on fbk this yr and i’m enjoying my life. Not poke nosing into anyone’s affairs and noone’s poke nosing into mine.

• Oma August 21, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I’m not against social media cos whether we like it or not, its here to stay. I just want to advise young people that it’s also become an outlet for all sorts of ills.
      Do we know how many young girls have been raped by so called boyfriends they meet online? DO NOT TRUST ANYONE you meet online. Don’t go to their houses or tell them intimate things about you or your family. You could be risking not just ou life but the lives of those you love.
      God rest her soul and comfort her loved ones.
      May the Judgement of God be upon the perpetrators.

• Teefah August 21, 2012 at 9:28 am

So sad, I have seen her called a runs girl on other bogs, people judging her based on her looks, which is so wrong.
    we need to be very careful in this age of social media and skype. Like you pointed out friendships are being formed via these mediums, and we are being lured into a false sense of safety. But we need to be careful, same as you would when meeting someone for the 1st time, tell people where you are going, even more important meet in a public place and trust no one!
    May her soul rest in peace
    So seeing as they have already killed 6 people I guess that would make them serial killers?

• Tracey August 21, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Yes dear, indeed thats what they should be called, serial……

• Nikki August 21, 2012 at 9:34 am

So sad

• re August 21, 2012 at 9:35 am

i met a seemingly professional brother with progressive pages on facebook and a few thousand folk on his pages all working for the betterment of Ghana. He used the webcam to take pictures of me that i was unaware of in my room. he swindled me out of 500 dollars ( though this is not much, he had plans for more i am sure). after asking him for the money over and over and getting conflicting messages that he sent it to the bank and reports from the bank and many blank humiliating trips to the bank, a year later when i posted what he had done on facebook after being advised by a sister friend of his to do so, stating that she thinks he had done this to several women including herself. This is when i found out that he took photos of me. He contacted me in my fb messages and stated that if i did not take the post down that he would spread nude photos of me (that i never knew he had taken) all over the internet and he sent me a photo of myself, i was shocked.. this is a year after we were no longer communicating except him lying to me saying go to the bank he sent the money to ghana where i was at that time, only to find that no money was sent. I was told by the other women that the webcam is his m.o. i suppose that is what keeps women quiet. so yes be careful..

• Gimmer August 21, 2012 at 10:07 am

you gan sef…let me keep quiet and stay focused on Cynthia.

• my beat August 22, 2012 at 10:53 am

@Gimmer, things of the heart are not usually cut & dried! True, she went in to the relationship for business but the guy must have wooed her along the line to get the pics that he’ll ultimately use to blackmail her.
        All in all, the internet is legitimately taking care of a lot of us (check out my website) but we all need to be more careful & security conscious.
        R.I.P Cynthia, such a beautiful and enterprising lady cut down by the evil ones.

• Gimmer August 22, 2012 at 3:06 am

ok. i thougt it was just me. i mean, i read her story a few times and was like huh? does she expect sympathy or what?

• Rachael Kelly-Taylor August 22, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Gimmer that’s kind of mean to say.

• lyndah August 21, 2012 at 9:37 am

It hurts me so badly that she had to die just like that if she had known it was the last day of her life she wouldn’t have travelled down to Lagos, but God knows best, cause it might happen to anybody we all have to be very careful. RIP Cynthia.

• Nyke August 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Its not anybody this can happen to. So many requests have gone out for mere phone nos and so many girls have declined, eventhough there nos are on their info. Besides, so many questions still need answers to as to how many busines encounters they had had before she now decided to embark on lodging with the criminals. Am one of the few people who still believe that these criminals use charms to capture their victims. Even roving robbers, when they pass a moving vehicle whose one of the occupants is fully loaded with cash, they are alerted. Its only true believers in Christ that they are not alerted. Think of it, the famous Bakassi Boys of 2000 in anambra nigeria, they identified those who shed human blood by their knives blinking ‘RED’. Immediately they will stop the vehicle search for the criminal, bring him down & ask the vehicle to leave. We see how the charm works. It will not surprise anyone if its what they used on Cynthia. Lets turn to Christ to shield us from these endtym criminals.

• Chattyzee August 21, 2012 at 9:45 am

May her soul RIP. She’s very beautiful. And she looked like Tonto Dike in this picture. Very pretty, But anyway, May the good Lord console her family.

• oSinakachi August 21, 2012 at 9:46 am

Chai so so sad

• Chattyzee August 21, 2012 at 9:50 am

I feel especially for her [parents. No parents should ever have to bury their child. Every time I read stories such as these, I pray that God will let such evil pass over me. I pray such for you also in Jesus name. We can all learn from this.

• teebee August 21, 2012 at 9:51 am

YOUNG LADIES!!! BEWARE…Let your family know where you are and who youre with at every time..in fact everyone should let his or her folks know her itinery. No need to act big girl or “I am capable of taking care of myself”…we all need to be safety conscious.

• stephanie August 21, 2012 at 9:53 am

So sad,may heR soul RIp

• Yaw August 21, 2012 at 10:01 am

where is the death sentence for these scums!

• Sisiekomi August 21, 2012 at 10:01 am

Sad

• Eugenia August 21, 2012 at 10:04 am

SAD.

• Gimmer August 21, 2012 at 10:05 am

I give a resounding applause to the team at Bella Naija for eloquently summarizing this circus-like story (no disrepect to the dead intended). BN staff has professionally separate speculations from facts in a way some of these desperate psuedo -bloggers wanna be journalists can only aspire to. thanks for the crisp report.

• Lolan August 21, 2012 at 12:20 pm

• Tincan August 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm

A subtle dig at LI and co again. TM, get a life.

• triangle August 21, 2012 at 10:07 am

I finally get the full story of what happened! I never knew her personally, though she was in Faculty of Arts NSU with my roommates and gist of her always came. She was pretty and contested for the Face of Nasarawa state Uni.

Up until her death, facebook was always suggesting her as a “people you may know” cos of the number of mutual friends we have.

Upon my graduation, I wanted to get myself a gift and her boutique in Keffi Town was where I bought the Jeans & Blouse and wat a nice store it was.

She lived so much of her life in so short a time. RIPP Cynthia, I pray for your family in this time of grief.

• Kiki August 21, 2012 at 10:11 am

RIP Cynthia

• lizzy August 21, 2012 at 10:21 am

Sad

• adesoye August 21, 2012 at 10:27 am

Hmmm since I was not there and can’t conclude on behalf of anybody the best I can say is RIP cynthia.Nobody knew wat transpired between you people including bella naija so I can only say that may the lord be with your family and strengthen them.

• eyerenezz August 21, 2012 at 10:38 am

This is really sad. It could have happened to anyone. This story has made a lot of people to open up on situations, similar to this, that they had experienced through social media. I am glad I always ignore chats from strangers on facebook. Please, please and please, secure yourselves. Don’t trust anyone you don’t know. It’s not wise. It’s the grace of God that has kept so many people who might have had similar ordeals alive to tell the story. She was such a pretty and hard working lady from the stories I read of her.

• Ree August 21, 2012 at 10:55 am

So sad. may her soul rest in peace. it’s a shame… there is a need to also watch out children who are also so vulnerable on the net

• Grace` August 21, 2012 at 10:58 am

This is a very sad story. How wicked can this world be.#smh
    May Cynthia soul continue to find peace. Amen.

• ogorryp August 21, 2012 at 11:14 am

U’ll forever b remembered dear Cynthia.May ur gentle soul rest with the Lord.Amen.

• Cynthia August 21, 2012 at 11:24 am

Too sad………… RIP

• John August 21, 2012 at 11:27 am

1st question: how did d ppl of BellaNaija know dt she met these frnds on facebook when she indeed never told her family or frnds where she went to? 2. How did they even know they deleted themselves after d crime, who monitored her friend list? 3. If she had been running a legit business in Lag why didn’t she inform any family membe/frndr of her where-about nd why did she suddenly need a place to stay, who doesn’t hav atleast 1frnd in lagos, dt u go nd stay with frnds of d opposite sex u met on facebook, in ds so called modern journalism/blogging world let’s try to open our minds nd not take sides, hiding d truth would not help any1, d tone of ds write-up just appears biased if u ask me. What has happened has happened and should serve as lessons to d living. #shikena

• Anonymous August 21, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Questions 1 and 2 were answered in this line of the story: “According to reports, these two young men are university students who have now confessed “….I’m presuming the men would have been made to explain their motive and strategy

• Melz August 21, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Its very closed-minded to make such biased statements clearly because we see the girl is pretty. As a woman, who knows her beauty and worth in Christ, its so annoying to come across brothers who think because many guys chase you, you have had dealings with many guys. For one, we know they confessed. And two, if they picked her up from the airport, of course they can take her wherever they please. That doesnt mean she had intended to stay with them. If these people could plan something so wicked and involve a hotel staff, they certainly could have drugged the poor girl during the ride there, giving her no time to contact anyone. At the end of the day, only she knows what happened and bellanaija has given us facts. If you want to be a skeptic, feel free to argue with discrepancies but I beg, be objective.

• As myself August 22, 2012 at 9:02 am

So y did nt ny1 know of her whereabouts,fine she mayb innocent of runs accusation,but in this evil society we live in y take such a risk.what kind of business where the boys offering that was such a secret common .if she has been coming to Lagos y didnt she stay we’re she had been staying and then the boys meet her there.

• evergreenlady August 21, 2012 at 3:53 pm

true talk my,though its wrong to speak bad of the dead but its also good to say the truth so others can learn from it.RIP cynthia

• partyrider August 21, 2012 at 7:45 pm

well mr John,this exact same story the father told a friend of mine who is a family friend of cynthia;and i was there when he told him.i am happy BN gave a correct account of what happened. don’t come here and try to come up with conspiracy theories. give BN the credit for a great report.
      BN team well done.i always trust you guys not to carry random gossips and speculations

• Ady!!!! August 21, 2012 at 8:38 pm

You got blind to the part that says they caught the culprits and that they confessed?

• Mary August 21, 2012 at 8:54 pm

John, thank you for saying exactly what’s on her mind…something fishy in her movements oh…sorry she died like that, but some things pertaining to safety usually involve simple common sense. No kind of ‘friendship’ should make you travel a grand distance and stay with people you don’t even know!!

• Femi August 23, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Well for every one that has contributted , hope we have learnt something from what happend: so many Girls have been RAPED, they may not be able to say it out because from their heart of heart, they know that they where just INTERNET PROSTITUTES, Cynthia Case so different cos, she is just a bussiness person. So guys it means it doesnt exclude us too.

• gben August 26, 2012 at 5:49 am

Shut up and stop talking as if you are a saint

• my beat August 22, 2012 at 11:06 am

@John, I think you should calmly go through the report again, especially how the guys were caught.
      We all need to be more careful & security conscious, no doubt. Many people have been killed by people they know, not even outsiders.
      As per why Cynthia came down to meet those guys without telling her folks, I choose to learn from the slip rather than judging her. Entrepreneurs are always on the look-out for more leads & bargains, but too bad that those guys are evil personified.

• Tobechi Daniel August 21, 2012 at 11:27 am

Truly very sad. My heart weeps for her and her family. This is not an “incident” as quoted above;this is murder and from the looks of it serial killing!

• Adson Lim August 21, 2012 at 11:28 am

This is very sad. My deepest sympathy to her family. May they find justice for her death. Someone should create a memorial page for her on Evertalk within Facebook.

• Jeremy Hilton August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I really feel sorry for her family. My heart and prayers go out to them. May they find comfort in this very difficult time. Thanks for the heads up on the Evertalk page Jeremy. She indeed deserves to be given justice for her death.

• http://dakkylove.blogspot.com/ August 21, 2012 at 11:30 am

This is dis heartening i always say it be careful who you meet on this social media web sites the heart of man is wicked may her soul rest in peace

• Ajibola August 21, 2012 at 11:37 am

It so bad 4 u lay down ur life just 4 us 2 leant a lesson as a woman like u all i can is Ripp and may ur seen by forgiven .

• D Fairy GodSister August 21, 2012 at 11:39 am

It’s really sad… No parent should have to bury their child…. It is wrong to judge her though, only you and God know what foolishness he has delivered you from yourself.

That said, ladies and gentlemen please be careful. If we see social media and platforms for what they truly are ( a conversation facilitated by technology), our interactions will be richer, and maybe a little more safe.

• Lucy August 21, 2012 at 11:39 am

With all the horror stories you hear about social networking abroad. Finally it has gotten to 9ja, and not a moment too soon. Unfortunately, a poor young girl had to die before our eyes will open. People, especially women, please let us be safe. What do you need 1000 friends on Facebook for, of what impact are they in your life. Personally, I do Facebook laundry every few months. if i have not spoken to you, or chatted, or commented on something you wrote, it means you and I are not friends really, and delete, delete, delete. I set a target to have not more than 70 friends on Facebook, and I am happy I have stuck to that. Number 1, people put all sorts of rubbish on their walls, I don’t want to open Facebook and see nonsense. Unfriend sharply. Some people also have strange friends, or gazillion friends, and they are connected to you, because they are friends of friends. Some people also have lax security settings on Facebook, so of course, strangers can look at their friend’s list and find you. Facebook isn’t the devil, you just have to use your brain and use the security settings. Mine is at the strictest of level, and I mean strict. You can’t even find me sef, because I don’t use my first name and last name. I use a nickname that only close friends and family call me, so if you type in my name, you go search tire. I did this because of the friends of friends connection, that Facebook forces on you. A lot of the strangers people meet on Facebook is because of friends of friends. They see you under people you may know, and you accept, and conversation starts. I even have old school mates, send me requests, and I ignore. We haven’t spoken in over a decade, we have nothing in common. If not for Facebook, where would you have found me, what do we have to talk about. If i unfriend you, and you send me a request again, i won’t accept, because you were deleted for a reason. No looking back. Sure you may meet great people via Facebook, but I’m sorry, i still like the old fashioned way, of seeing you face to face, or at least speaking to you n the phone, through someone I know, and the person must know you very well sef, not some wake pass friend abeg. There is something called a Block list on Facebook, use it people. Use it. Block some people off and they will never be able to find you and harass you again. BBM nko, 600 contacts, say wetin na. Before you know it your friends start giving out your PIN, and you sef, will just be accepting contacts you don’t know. there are a lot of evil people out there, waiting to prey on unsuspecting females. By nature, we women are too trusting. Lets be safe people. Any monster can have a Facebook page, or a blackberry, it is up to you, to bring them into your life. Lets be safe girls, please. A family is going through pain right now. Please

• ACDC August 21, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Excellent Words Lucy!.

Aishatu ,

I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend, wonderful daughter and sister. I hope many will learn from your piece and we pray she rests in peace.

• lilly August 21, 2012 at 9:33 pm

My condolences to her family and friends.
      @Lucy…Nwanne m na true talk! When i used to have facebook i had around989 friends on facebook and it came to a time that i had to take a step back and ask myself why all these “so called friends”. many of them are those i went to high school with and don’t even speak with them (majority of them just want to see how far you have gone with your life, education e.t.c), some are people that i have seen once and never talked to them after our first “hello” or people that we know each other e.g school (college)but never spoken to each other face to face, while others (which were “very few” and i can count them with my fingers) are my “true friends”. AT THAT MOMENT i started doing “facebook friend’s cleanup”. Infact i got tired and deactivated my account for over a year now and honestly is on of the best thing that i have done.

Please let’s be very careful especially with these social networks. It’s good to have social networking sites and all that but have it with maximum security. let your facebook or twitter accounts/websites always have “https”.
      May her soul RIP.

• Nelly Jay-Hova August 22, 2012 at 12:23 am

thanks you Lucy, I must say that you have jst spoken my mind, i do delete pple most often especially pple i have never met b4,those who always add u through friends of friends…thank u so much for this piece…let mourn with the family of Cynthia…may she rest in d Lord…amen

• anna August 22, 2012 at 9:51 pm

lucy i really love ur comment, thats exactly what i do.i live abroad and i dont even have a single friend,all because of the way things are going on these days yet i am peaceful with my self and my husband who is not interested on joining facebook.he says facebook is a thing for kids.if only my fellow women will learn to keep 2 themselves the better 4 them not me.i’ve learnt one new thing in my life,which is not 2 judge anybody of their actions,therefore i wont judge this girl,but sympathize with her family and the situation.women should not let themselves open 2 anybody they dont know man or woman.i’ve had my very close friend confess 2 me of wanting 2 poison me,for no reason.what am i saying ,am saying dont even trust those ur facebook friends that you know not to talk of someone you dont know.i guess everyone has heard this a lot of times,but some people just dont get it.its sad indeed that she had to die.

• Tobechi Daniel August 21, 2012 at 11:46 am
  • Solomon c Okoro August 21, 2012 at 11:50 am

what terrible incident pple can plan to kill in oda to obtain. where hs d fear of God in men’s life gone? may God comfort those she left behind .

• Fb August 21, 2012 at 11:56 am

RIP Cynthia…. Two things I learnt from this – as always never trust people you meet via social media… I personally stopped accepting FB request even from people I may know for more Dan a year now.
    Secondly, different level and style of reporting. Thank you BN.

• Laura August 21, 2012 at 12:00 pm

OMG! Dis is painful…doz bastrads shd be given a capital punishment (death) for their offence..dis is why I ignore people on social sites but dey will all refer to me as a snob but gosh! I dnt give a heck

• Jaiyeola Segunfunmi A. August 21, 2012 at 12:00 pm

This is a very touching story, may her gentle soul continue to rest in perfect peace,amen. And may the Almighty console d entire friends nd family she left behind,amen. *tears*

• Olumind August 21, 2012 at 1:11 pm

So much Tears is rolling down my cheecks also, may we and ours nevers become a victim of evil people, we should be careful but whatever will happen will always happen. May God Almighty console all her family and friends. All that is hidden to us is known to Allah.

• Amber August 21, 2012 at 12:03 pm

This is a story for ll people trying to break the world record on who has the highest number of friends on fb by accepting every Tom dick and Harry.if I dnt knw u or haven’t seen u in years,I don’t accept…thatz my policy cos people change.and for people doing online dating,look before u leap..may her soul RIP

• luke August 21, 2012 at 12:04 pm

so pity!

• jagz August 21, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Runs girl or not nobody deserves to die like dat. May she rest in peace. Thank God dey wer caught

• Beulah August 21, 2012 at 12:14 pm

RIP Cynthia. And may God strengthen your family, and especially your mum, during this terrible time. I hope the men involved are brought to justice, and to everyone else, we may not and may never know all the facts, but DO NOT JUDGE. Whatever the facts may be, the most important point is that a young woman has lost her life in the prime of her youth,- no one deserves to die in such a terrible and unprovoked way. Her family and friends deserve sympathy and respect, not all these sordid allegations.

• @ajiriavae August 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I’m sure other women here too have had lots of guys ask for their phone number on facebook. I have always wondered why but now I finally understand that it’s because there are women who actually give out their numbers. It’s such a pity that she was so naive. Because that it what it was. She trusted people whom she did not know from anywhere. It’s sad that she’s gone but we that are left must learn from her. We must realise that the only people we should trust on social networks are the people we know in real life. Every other person is just entertainment. They are not our friends. And if we must come in physical contact with people we meet on the internet, we should do so in a very public place far from where we live and show up with a few friends and family. Such a waste.
    As for the guys, the death sentence and nothing else.

• chukwunyere mbonu August 21, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I can’t help tears falling from my eyes after reading this article, my prayer for the family and friends is to take heart and put their trust in God, He gives and He takes we cannot question Him. My deepest condolence. As for hateful people that go about soiling peoples names even the dead, pray to God for forgivness or you may fall victim to such thing and good for nothing people like you will give stories of you!

• Godswill Idornata August 21, 2012 at 12:19 pm

its v.sad…MAY HER GENTLE SOUL- RIP

• Spotless August 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Really sad and it could have happened to anybody but may her gentle soul rest in peace,nobody can be trusted…God knows best my simpathy goes to the family and to the women out their be extremely careful in lettin people in easily

• joyce ita August 21, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Pathetic!My happiness is dat, those bunch of Fools,thieves,killers didn’t go free. 2 her mum, take heart mma,its not easy 2 loss an only daughter.2 Cynthia’s friend,tanx 4 letting de world & Aproko hateful idiots 2 know de truth,u’re a true friend pls accept mny condolence. May she Rest in Peace.Amen

• s.joe August 21, 2012 at 12:39 pm

too bad, too dazed 2 talk.

• ayo omoniyi August 21, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Soo true ene,its sad how pple judge others.I remember when they moved to ecwa staff n you guys became friends n sister. Its soo sad to know she is gone. May her soul rest in peace. We shuldnt be too fast in judging. God knows it all! Rest on good night dear cynthia

• Anonymous August 21, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I am curious about this line “the pharmacist who supplied the drugs used on Cynthia and hotel staff have also been arrested”…..as these drugs were not mentioned in any other part of the story? where do the drugs come in?

• Chikaka August 21, 2012 at 12:52 pm

It may have been a nerve gas or sleeping tablets to knock her off. Extremely sad. May she rest in peace and may God console her loved ones. Amen.

• solange August 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm

RIP my dear. The truth is only the deceased can say wat actually happened. Runs or no Runs lyk her frnd Ene said,wat was she doing wit guys she didn’t knw in a hoteel?

• Anonymous August 21, 2012 at 12:48 pm

So out of >500 calls, only about 2 were helpful? Meaning the other 400 plus were spiteful? Gosh..Nigerians!!!! How insensitive, hateful and judgmental can people be!

• MeeT August 21, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Jeremiah says it all; “the hear of man is desperately wicked. Who can understand it. I don’t understand how people found it comfortable to call in such desperate times only for you to pass judgement on a girl you know nothing about. Some would wonder why their prayers never seem answered. Why mercy and favour seem to be strangers to them. They forget how merciless they were when they poured salt on someone’s open wound with the words of their mouth.

• MeeT August 21, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Jeremiah says it all; “the heart of man is desperately wicked. Who can understand it. I don’t understand how people found it comfortable to call in such desperate times only for you to pass judgement on a girl you know nothing about. Some would wonder why their prayers never seem answered. Why mercy and favour seem to be strangers to them. They forget how merciless they were when they poured salt on someone’s open wound with the words of their mouth.

• Williams August 21, 2012 at 12:49 pm

So SAD………..however, to die in flesh sldn’t b what matter most, d question is; WHERE IS OUR SOUL gonna be?…..so pls let’s start 2 work in way ppl wld give positive comment after ur EXIT NOW……….{May our soul rest in peace}. IJN.

• Sweets August 21, 2012 at 12:49 pm

A friend of mine has this habit of taking pictures of places she is, as soon as she arrives there. Especially when it is a place she has never been before, or it is out of her usual route or routine or if she is meeting anyone there. Both male and female. She take pictures, sends it via bb, text and emails to friends and family. Even when she gets lost, driving or taking a walk, she takes a geo tagged picture of herself and environment and sends it. If she is meeting a guy on a date, she nicely makes an excuse of taking a picture of the two of them together. She goes all sweet and mushy, saying she wants to preserve the memory of their meeting. If you hear enough excuses she has come up with, with guys ehn, honestly she should collate them and write a book. I have lost count of the photographs she has sent me, and I don’t mind at all. She is just trying to be safe. I am also trying to adopt that strategy, as I travel for work a lot, and I meet up with so many people, both professionally and personally. No matter the situation, if you can’t let your family know, let your girlfriends know. Think of the horror they will go through if something happens to you. Technology, has allowed some people to be found very quickly before harm comes to them, and there is a sense of security, if whomever has evil designs on you knows that people know where you are, and who you are with. May not work 100%, but you never know, it just may and make the person re think.

• joan peter August 21, 2012 at 12:50 pm

this is really a sad story, may God help her family and may her gentle soul rest in peace. i have been a victim too early this month but i thank God i was not kill.

• Opeifa Adegoke August 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm

May her soul rest in peace,and who ever that remains on earth that still have this kind of motives on social networks,may they receive the wrath of God,it shall never be well with them,they all shall be cut IJN.

• naija Born August 21, 2012 at 1:15 pm

A sad story indeed. But what is evidently missing in this whole piece is the authentic report. The write up is too conclusive and there is very little evidence to prove that the event played exactly the way it is been described here. How did they get to know the facebook deletion part of the story and so on? Sounds more like guessing. Indeed investigations should be carried out thoroughly, this will keep people armed with information and prevent them from falling into future traps.
    May her soul rest in Peace.

• toyin August 21, 2012 at 3:15 pm

THE KILLERS WERE CAUGHT AND TOLD THE POLICE

• Iks Paradize August 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm

May her soul rest in Peace.
    People should learn how to sympathize when it comes to issue about the death.
    Social network is never a bad idea but its left for ones judgement on what use it is to him or her.

• DON SLIM August 21, 2012 at 1:23 pm

WHAT A TERRIBLE THING TO DO

• Ofunwa August 21, 2012 at 1:26 pm

So sorry RIP

• tomeloma August 21, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Sorry about your loss Aishatu, it seems like she had a great personality. may her gentle soul rest in peace

• Cosmoris peterson August 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm

tears runs down my cheek has my heart breaks in2 silence ova d awful departure of Cynthia in d hands of hr so called frends.
    She z so innocent, so blamish, hw cud pple b so wicked.
    May hr soul findz rest…,
    I cry 4u o, Oh BEauty!

• Freeekie August 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Its could make even a cat laugh when ppl go on about how they have just 70 friends on face book or how any 1 can conceive the idea that Cynthia a 24 year old was wrong to have developed a salubrious level of trust 4 any 1 she has been in contact with 4 a month. However in the corner of my mind, it brings a lot of questions on the motive of these criminals when they successfully rob people through carefully planned techniques and a robust ntework (flight tickets, hotels, pharmacist etc) and then kill them. I mean what manner of dementia could this be? I pray that true families and friends of cynthia find consolation soon enough…and to our ladies and guys, because this could happen to any1 1st meetings or the 1st 2 are advisable in open places so u can properly develop an opinion of partners and friends through both instincts and perception. RIP Cynthia..Never met u but I sure would have loved to

• Seun August 21, 2012 at 1:48 pm

A young girl has dies, you are talking salubrious. Honestly, Nigerians and tact, it must be missing in our DNA. Yes it is wrong for anyone irrespective of age, to trust someone you met online. Such people are not real friends, like someone else mentioned. They are entertainment, pure and simple. You don’t just easily bring people from the online world into your life like that. I wish she was found alive, so someone could scold her seriously. If someone had given her the kind of advice Lucy put up, she may be alive today, and I hope someone else reads that, and passes the message across. I see a lot of young girls foolishly meet up with people they met online. You warn them about it, they call you old school. They tell you this is the Facebook generation, get with the program. There’s nothing wrong with having 70 friends on Facebook. I don’t even have that many, and it makes me happy to read there other women are also being sensible about what they expose themselves to online. So please if you have 3000 friends on Facebook, check yourself, and wonder who you are exposing yourself to, and your friends to. There is no award from mark Zuckerberg for the highest number of friends, so please lets be sensible about it. before Facebook came,w e were meeting friends abeg.

• Fine nd Great August 21, 2012 at 1:28 pm

SPEACHLESS

• maegan August 21, 2012 at 1:32 pm

That’s very sad. I met my bf on fb and I wouldn’t have thought twice about going to meet him. I pray that her soul rests in peace and that God forgives the culprits. Only God knows why all these things are happening…

• lucky faith August 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm

hmmmmmmm so sympathatic this is a lesson for every one of us on any social network most especially we ladies we just have to be careful it might happen to anybody, it so painful that she has to loose her for others to lean a lesson. may her soul rest in peace Amen

• nd August 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm

MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE. ITS BEEN SOOO HARD TO COMPREHEND WHY PPLE ARE SIMPLY KILLING ONE ANOTHER EVEN A STRANGE PERSON..NO ONE IS GOOD TO BE KILLED AT ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BUT I WONDER HOW KILLINGS HAVE BECOME NIGERIANS TRADE,KIDNAPPING…ITS HARD TO TELL. I HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS TYPE OF VISITATION….In 2010 wen Dec wen i visted home,a girl who met here visited me all the way from Abuja & while she was leaving to her parents,i called her back & said to her,,,dont try this further so that you dont run into dubious /devilish beings bcos our pple r maliciously desperate & wicked…but each i remember that gilr,i will always feel bad over her & that made me not to like her…pls,girls-no matter how some one glitters-pls dont go except u know the person & his background. Tell me girls,,how do u feel comfortably going to someone u never met for the first time–no matter what the incentives,dont go. it happens here in western world but if Nigeria learns it,there’s would be worst…Advice yourself please. this is painful indeed!

• Helen’s Event Blog August 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm

May your soul rest in perfect peace.

• joy HNAUB August 21, 2012 at 1:36 pm

This is really a great lesson for all, I fink the harm dat ds social network has is greater dan its uses, brethren, let’s use this media wisely, may God comfort her parents. But… How dd d bella got to knw she had a new friend and later she had dem not. Let’s fink.

• Angel August 21, 2012 at 1:39 pm

So Sad..RIP Cynthia

• Sue August 21, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Mehn, Lucy, u r sooooo on point, this fb and bb friends craze is disguting, i’m in my 20s live in d UK and just a few days ago a friend gave one guy my details he added me, after chatting he wants me to come to another state in the UK, i said hell NO, another friend put up my pic on bbm, one guy saw it and said he likes me, she gave him my pin, told me to accept that they were neighbours in naija, he’s now in d UK, he kept disturbn me to come to his city that he wld pay for my hotel & flight, i refused, he got angry and deleted me…i’m just tryn to say i get ds all d time. i have to constantly block so many ppl on fb and bb, wen i was in uni in naija, a friend met ds guy thru chat, came to visit him in my town, he switched off, she remembered i lived there, called me and came over, it turned out i knew the guy and all he told her abt himself were lies….the list is endless….young ppl, i beg u on my knees, pls take a cue and stop all ds adventure, so that cynthia’s death is not in vain…..i cant recount how many times my friends tease me for missing an opportunity to travel to “catch my fun” as for fb, even my neighbours, schoolmates, Church members, ppl i have nothing to talk about with, i dont accept, shikena! even relatives. these media sites r worse than we can imagine. God help us

• vallydate August 21, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Social sites are not bad as you say they are. People use them to do different things and it is up to you as a person to make a decision on where to draw the line. Even if you have one friend, that one friend whom you may have known for many years can kill you in your living room. The truth is that we should all be sensible and responsible cos no one will do that for us but ourselves

• Mrs.. August 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Well Spoken. But you never can be too careful even with the ones you meet one on one. I met my husband through facebook but this was after a month of chatting and phone calls. Even though we were both in Lagos, I made sure we got to know ourselves very well before meeting up in a “VERY” public place.

• Mr. Happylife August 21, 2012 at 1:54 pm

My mother always remind me it’s very good to be a born again christain because, it helps you to be a good person and by doing so you avoid certain things, just like going to a private hotel room with a woman or a man! Ephesians 5:15-16. Be very careful, then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise…

• Seun August 21, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Women, lets stop the habit of giving people each other’s BB PIN too. It is so irritating, to suddenly see a request on your phone, and wonder, who the hell this is. You decline over and over again, only to have your friend tell you, ah its me, I gave so so and so your PIN. Half the time, it is someone you have never met before. I have warned a few of my friends, never to try it again. if they do, I will delete them from my blackberry. If you can’t respect my privacy, and at least do your part to keep me safe too. What kind of friend are you. Half the time, they don’t even really know the person they r giving your PIN too o. Someone saw your picture as their dp, and automatically, they ask for your PIN, and it is handed out that easily. We just do these things foolishly without thinking. At least ask the person first, if they say no, and it puts you in a difficult position with the person who asked for the PIN. Oh well. I will never give out phone numbers, or blackberry PIN’s to another person. My one rule is, send me an email. If you insist on the PIN, oh boy, or oh girl, you are on your own o. I don’t want to be disturbed incessantly, with pings from someone I barely know. It is very easy to get distracted, and lose all sense of reason when it gets to communicating online. Things you would not do or say to a person face to face or over the phone, you say it online. You can hide behind a computer screen and be Brad Pitt if you want. Teenage girls are being raped and murdered all over the UK, because of pile they met online. We are adults abeg, use your head

• Rukky Jabin Olori August 21, 2012 at 2:08 pm

This world is full of Evil, cruelty, hatred, Oh! What an innocent soul. May her gentle soul rest in peace IJN & may GOD grant the family, friends the fortitude to bear the lost & to everybody reading this, please learn & amend your evil ways cos GOD, who is seated up above, is washing you.

• Shalom August 21, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Before facebook there were serial killers and after facebook there would still be serial killers. Your next door neighbour could kill you, your best friend could kill you,your husband or wife could kill you. Something or somebody will kill you when your time comes. We are all on a journey to our heavenly home. Have a relationship with your God, accept the provision of God so that you will be counted worthy when you come face to face with your God.

• Dammie August 21, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Its really sad and my heart goes out to all her family members and friends and I pray the good Lord in his infinite mercies give them the grace to bear her loss.

• Nkechi August 21, 2012 at 2:20 pm

May her soul RIP. this is crazy tho…. the people who started the social media networks had good intentions, but these days, a whole lot has gone wrong!!! I remember my sister’s BB was once stolen by her date at an eatery. (dude borrowed her phone to make an urgent call outside, claiming it was too noisy inside, but never returned till today). RIP CYNTHIA…… your killers will never know peace

• Lovesugar August 21, 2012 at 2:22 pm

May ur soul rest in peace

• BABA T aka The ORIGINATOR!!! August 21, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Very Sad.
    May her soul rest in perfect peace.

• Frank August 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm

This is why the people are suffering in this nation. Once their is a mishap or tragedy, Nigerian’s start talking even the people that know u. It’s the foolishness going on in this country , sadly this same people chant change and good governance . I have always said change is for us as individuals , not only for people in positions of authority. So sorry Mrs and Gen. osokugo .

• feelitx August 21, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I do not do Facebook, Twittere or whatever and I am not missing anything. I hope this will serve as a lesson to people who divulge sensitive information to people they barely know. RIP Cynthia.

• bankky06 August 21, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Bankky: Sad, my heart felt for her parent and siblings but those guys who perpetrated this evil should given sad life to live or death sentense too.

• joy August 21, 2012 at 2:49 pm

This is so sad…but then even after taking all the safety precautions we need to be prayerful because even some family members and close friends are still capable of doing evil things….before you judge her think of the risk you’ve taken in your life in times past do u think you are still alive because you are smart??? That said Cynthia, may your sins be forgiven and may the tears and prayers of your loved once intercede for u..RIP we are so sorry you went thru this

• R August 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Extremely sad. May her soul rest in peace and may God comfort her family

• brandigest August 21, 2012 at 2:55 pm

What have turned man against his fellow man? The lust for frivolities. May her soul rest in peace.

• dee August 21, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Ds is so so sad..Lucy u r so on point..ds xactly wot i do..i dnt no u,i wnt add or accept ur request..am nt cut out for any drama @all..it realy baffles me aw a persn cn actually accept requests of ppl dey no nothin about..&d nxt tin iz dey ask for ur fone nos,den nude pix of u&it generates to blackmail(like dey did to a frnd)..me i cnt shout..i so love my quiet life &am livin it like its golden..RIP cynthia

• Mariaah August 21, 2012 at 3:11 pm

RIP Cynthia!! She was so beautiful!! I dont know her but reading her friend’s acct brought tears to my eyes.. To think that despite her family’s background she was enterprising and trying to make her own money.. Those crying RUNS RUNS!! You pple should be ashamed of yourselves for judging someone you have never met..
    With all the accounts, it seems she met this guys online became friends with them, they gained a level of trust with her and boom!! They knew she had a good business and she hinted she needed stock in her store.. Mayb to go to “gidi/lag” sharp, hangout with her “riends” buy stock and go back home this good for nothing SOBs kill d innocent girl!! I pray they never find PEACE after they are servered capital punishment!!

• wag August 21, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Oh dear…this is really very sad… Whatever the reason may have been, no one deserves to die like that ….. How would her parents be feeling right now?!? O ma se oh!

• colinza August 21, 2012 at 3:22 pm

ha what a painful lost to the family.Thanks for giving us a true information about who cynthia really was.Friends be wise

• pratt August 21, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Nice 1

• Btrice August 21, 2012 at 3:26 pm

R.I.P cynthia

• Yushau labaran kaf August 21, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Very disgusting

• angela August 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Lucy thanks 4d info on security mearsures on fb,my dear u can die any where anytime&anyhow,take note,only God can protect ur life,if u have only 3persons on ur friends list on fb&bb,&u die in a car crash nko,what about d husband dat used his wife 4rituals,what about d polititian dat was short dead by his security aid,d boyfriend who stabbed his lover to death nko,did all of these happen on social media?pls answer me,d Bible says d heart of man is decietful&desperately wicked who can know it?d wife dat poisoned her husband of 25yrs nko? Cynthia asokugo is dead not because she was careless but because she trusted 2wicked souls,do u no how many wicked people u&i have trusted but because of God’s love &mercy they just could not harm or kill us.
    No one is available to really tell what cynthia asokugo really experienced,I weep 4d poor child&pray 4her soul to rest in peace,God is d safest place to hide-ps91v1-16.

• my beat August 22, 2012 at 11:29 am

@ Angela, you’re so on point. The world will be a better place when we learn to be charitable & graceful. Being overly judgemental is a no no for people hurting.
      R.I.P Cynthia. You obviously died in the process of trying to make a better life for yourself & others

• Joshua Ibis August 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Sorry for this, may God console her family, learn from this, social networking is where you say hi and go off it, dont develop real physical friendship here, especially in this dubious nation

• Dabby August 21, 2012 at 3:43 pm

What will be, will be!….the question now is, where has Cynthia’s soul gone to, Heaven or Hell…..u may run away from facebook, or facebook friends, but one thng is sure, WE MUST ALL DIE ONEDAY! The sagas is a lesson for us all, and let us be ready for eternity, is Cynthia’s soul actualy resting in peace, or is her soul going thru eternal torments? Lets think on this, Repent and believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. SHALOM!

• Miss Petite Nigeria Blog August 21, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I can’t get my mind off those days she’ll fry irish potatoes for me in her house.She was so beautiful.The apple of her mum’s heart.her mum gave her everything.She would tell me her dreams of being a supermodel..oohh
    That said,death penalty for those monsters please

• fravian August 21, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I remembad Ð 1st tym I went 2 spend a 9yt I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a guyz ouse. A guy I met I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Ð bus n he swept ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ off ma feet……so many thought came 2ma mind especialy after hearin n reading stories like dis. Our protection n help comes 4rm God. I can remeba tellin 2of ma fwends ma plans shud incase anitin funny happens. Nt everyone can be lucky. We can stop meeting new fwends….bt we nid 2b careful and also inform our fwends įf we’re abt going τ̅☺ a place 4d 1st tym. So sad 4 Cynthia….God ωιℓℓ judge ωιℓℓ defitely judge Ð wicked. τ̅☺ the bereaved family take heart, may God console U̶̲̥̅̊. RIP Cynthia….

• skillz August 21, 2012 at 4:03 pm

may her soul rest in peacez

• skillz August 21, 2012 at 4:04 pm

but y are pple dis wicked………..GOD wud surely purnish u pple

• This life! August 21, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Am practically choke and lack wat to say,what I do knw is that I have met couple of friends like that,what I don’t compromise,is I usually don’t trust.we can only meet in an open place,were there is entry and exit.I have had pretty bad experience myself,was almost rape,not from a stranger bt friend I knew way back when.This is a wicked world!RIP cynthia

• Maryrose August 21, 2012 at 4:19 pm

This is so painful and sad to hear the level wickedness exited by some Nigerians. Oh! My dear cynthia May your gentle soul rest in peace.

• Mickyjaga1 August 21, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Cynthia, I was shot of words, when i had this sad news, Anyway Cynthia osokogu,R.I.P
    May ur killer no no peace in Jesus name Amen,

• Kems August 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm

It is so sad, my heart still bleeds for this lovely girl’s passing. may God console her family and friends in Jesus name. Ladies, lets be careful about meeting new people and giving out information to people who we dont know too well.

• Covenant August 21, 2012 at 5:19 pm

R.I.P cynthia.

• Zii August 21, 2012 at 6:55 pm

So so sad…. May her soul RIP.

• tt August 21, 2012 at 7:09 pm

May her soul rest in peace. I met my ex on fb as well we dated for more than a year before I finally met him, we spent days in d hotel. Lemmie say whn you r close to someone you jus dnt think abt any security. She ws jus so unlucky. Cld av happened to anyone so plz dnt judge her. Nobody knws hw long she kept her friendship wit dose guys fr her to av trusted them so much to allw them lodged her. Learn frm ds if you wish but please dnt judge her.

• Scothinks August 21, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I keep thinking, what could she have done differently? Not use the social media? Not make new friends, not become ambitious, not travel for business, not lodge in a hotel, not trust people? None of these things are wrong to do. She didn’t die because of something she did, she died because of something those monster refused to do; value her life. That’s why they are responsible for her death. I guess the real question is; why did they refuse to do it? Is it because of us, some thing we’ve done or something we’ve refused to do? Are we somehow responsible for the actions of those young men who murdered that girl? Can you without a doubt beat your chest and say through my thoughts and actions I am innocent of her fate? Truth is, she was killed by the society we created through the values we enabled and disabled, through the values advocated, fought against, or wouldn’t spare a second thought.RIP Cynthia, we failed you as a community. I pray your next community is kind to you.

• vallydate August 21, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I extend my condolences to the family and friends of the bereaved. I believe that social media has been a revolution to the world just as mobile phones have. Social media is simply another way of communicating with people. People should not really misunderstand the purpose for these websites and think they are bad. I work in the research community in the UK and have come to understand that technology is what you make of it. It can be evil if you use it to do evil or good if you use it to do good. It cannot inherit any attribute by itself except that which the user gives to it. All the negative criticisms are unfairly passed on these websites. We live in a world filled with misguided consciences and thoughts. People are chasing their own causes and not afraid to rid others in their path. My only advice to young people is to be sensible and know your left from your right. There are good and bad people online just as there are in the real world. Even on this page, we can see the difference of opinions. Let us young ones just try to be the best judge of people’s intentions when we communicate with those we don’t know. Once again, I extend sincere condolences to the family and friends of the bereaved.

• Naijagal August 21, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Truly sad what a loss may she RIP

• Naijagal August 21, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Sad what a pretty girl may she RIP

• jenny August 21, 2012 at 7:56 pm

cant believe you are gone, i just saw missing person photo and said to myself what a beauty, only to read futher and see its the same cynthia i know, words cant express how i feel now, you were always so calm and lovely. i only have good things to say
    about you and i could go on and on, RIP my dear and my sincere condolence to your family.

• Anthony Uzoma August 21, 2012 at 8:03 pm

May her gentle soul RIP

• Sexyluver August 21, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Sad! sad!! News, this is a lesson to young girls that always visit guys they just mate online but remember that our country Nigeria is full of evil, my dear what shelly profit you to gain the whole world and loose your soul? So be warning.
      Cynthia may your gentle perfect soul rest in peace Amen.

• rexon August 21, 2012 at 8:18 pm

God judges everyone on two things and two things alone
    On you ur faith and the content of ur heart.
    Cynthia, you friend Ene has told us how you love life and with
    your wonderful heart,you know to live it.
    We and friends you left behind will miss that heart.
    Cynthy, i met the woman am in love with today same way u met
    this people that end you up,and since 2010 we are still keeping on
    you done no wrong babe.
    REST IN PEACE…

• linc August 21, 2012 at 8:35 pm

dats sad and
    at d same time a lesson to all

• baby August 21, 2012 at 9:20 pm

If this is wat actaully transpire,then, it’s a great lesson 2 all facebk, twitter BBm user. May her sol rest in peace. May God strenghten her family & give them d heart 2 bear d loss.

• ady August 21, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I grew up with Cynthia in thesame hood and I can say she was a lovely young woman full of life and very hardworking,just like every young person she made mistakes that anyone of us could have made or have made at apoint in our lives,may her soul find rest in d lord and may God comfort her family n give Dem peace.

• west.nwosu August 21, 2012 at 9:35 pm

hmmmm i feel for the poor girl how cant help her self from this killer’s,wen will nigeria be a free place for pple to be.very sorry to her family and her killers must not go free from this.too sad

• Lulu August 21, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Oh so sad…I hope others will learn from this..Dont make friends wiht s’one u dont really know, and dont be trusting, its difficult in our day n age!!

• Dapsy August 21, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Hmm, this is just so sad. The evil that people do. May those guys die a miserable death. Hope this serves as a lesson to us all not to be too trusting. There is nothing wrong with making new friends online but let’s apply some judgement, if you are meeting up with someone you met online be it someone of the same sex, endeavour to meet in a public place on at least a few occasions. It may not be full-proof but at least its some level of precaution, especially if the person has ‘wicked intents’ that way you may have thrown him/her of his/her game.

• Adanna August 21, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Only God knows what happened and why it happened that way, all I can say is “Eternal rest grant unto her O lord & may ur pepertual light continue to shine upon her… Father, forgive her her sins and accept her pure into ur kingdom” Amen!

• okorie juliet August 21, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Is left for God to conclude, cos dis has happen befor nw is dis young girl with bright future, hmmm oh God were r u. All in d name of friend nw result to death. Dt hv much to say bt may God save her soul nd see us through cos dis earth is nt friendly at all. We will miss her. May she rest in peace.

• Enger abiodun August 21, 2012 at 11:33 pm

But why d 80 per of Nigeria guys r so bad ?am sure others will learn from dis. Tears falling on my keyboard tonight…
    Not tears of longing or sorrow..
    But tears of the deepest night..
    Looking for a way to explain..
    A way to cope with the end..
    A friendship lost .GOOD BYE PRETTY

• MEE August 21, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Hmmmm, what can one say! I’v learnt a lot tho, I pray God grant den d grace to bear d loss, regardless ,I tink they should desist from Telling dis story all over d place, it just dosent add up, people meet new people every day, she just got unlucky, we can only hope on Gods protection in our daily lives.

• mujer casada August 22, 2012 at 1:01 am

Very unfortunate. This is why meeting people on social network sites and giving them access to your thoughts, pictures and travel itinerary is not a good thing. Many young people feel free and liberated in the internet age. It is not so. These people simply have a new medium of entrapment – befriending people on facebook et al. Because I have my family member’s pictures on facebook, I never accept friend requests from folks I dont know. Please all, learn from this sad death and beware.

• ex commando August 22, 2012 at 1:08 am

.R.I .P Cynthia osokogu,I can believe u are gone,though I av nt seen u for 11yrs but you will be greatly missed .may ur soul rest in peace

• NNENNE August 22, 2012 at 1:23 am

Why Nigerians only learn bad things still baffles me.
    This the kind of stories that used to happen in the western world.
    If we must copy the west ,we must copy the good things they do too…accountability for instance.
    RIP Cynthia!!!!

• Ishola August 22, 2012 at 1:52 am

may her gentle soul rest in peace, and shameto all the bad and wicked people in our country perpetrating all dis evil acts……God is not sleeping!!!

• joy August 22, 2012 at 1:58 am

feel so much for the loved ones she left behind,may the good lord comfort them all,and her mum, no one can feel her pains but God ,may he comfort her,may he help her and all that were close to her bear the loss.

• pinket omono August 22, 2012 at 2:04 am

oooo my GOD this is really very sad… Whatever the reason may have been, no one deserves to die like that what we she be thinking on the last day,,,, WE ARE ALL ONE IN THE EYE OF GOD ….. How would her parents be feeling right now This world is full of Evil, cruelty, hatred, Oh! What an innocent soul. May her gentle soul rest in peace IJN & may GOD grant the family, friends the fortitude to bear the lost & to everybody reading this, please learn & amend your evil ways becos GOD, who is seated up above, is washing you,,,,,,,i feel for her family

• shanday August 22, 2012 at 2:11 am

This is sad and disheartening. Y are people so evil. My heart goes out to her family.

• chukwudi August 22, 2012 at 2:35 am

Great friendship have been forged through social media,alliances and new relationship have been cemented on social networks,the same social network that some of us here r demonising and r even sounding holier than thou. Unfortunate that beautiful cynthian was unlucky to meet callous souls but that does not make social media frightening the way some of us r painting it here or obliterate the fact that it has helped in forging new friendships ,I have met awesome friends on facebook and I’m proud to say it here• Nigeria roads r death traps but we still travel on the same road,some of our airlines r flying coffins but we still queue up to board the same airlines. It is not about how careful we r but just the mercy of God that is keeping us,that person u trusted so much can plot u death tomorrow and that is a fact• Nevertheless,we need to apply caution and wisdom when it comes to divulging sensitive matters to strangers on social platforms but to demonise social media is uncalled for because I’m old enough to know that what makes the difference after everything is that grace of God. May the beautiful soul of cynthian rest in peace

• revivedafrikana August 22, 2012 at 3:04 am

So sad n unfortunate

• anon August 22, 2012 at 4:24 am

I have refrained fm making comments online on this issue cos I knew her personnally n cos I was hurting so badly.for starters,I’m a guy n I have found many of the comments made by some pple here n on some blog pages damn right disrespectful. So for the skeptics, this gal was her father’s sweetest heart n trust me she was very privileged, hw u r able to conjure ‘runs’ beats me. I want to share so many personal info bt is it worth it? U ve made up ur minds already. Lemme jst share my thoughts on the story, I personally find the way she died really very amusing,I CANNOT rule out voodoo, it jst does nt add up. This def isn’t her 1st in Lag, with the legion of pple that could pick her up fm the airport n she nt telling anyone also is strange,very strange. Anyways, I think aishatu tried to capture her personality as best as english words could serve her. Cynthia was so strongwilled, very likable and homely, she is also very independent, one of the few women that will insist she’ll pick the bills if u were ever out together. I don’t want sound. Boring bt u peeps out dere with silly views,pls be guarded……if u have nothing to say,u need nt comment. Please allow her family mourn her in peace, they have been through a lot already. For someone so privileged,she was so down to earth…hw much can runs give her??? Enough said, may her gentle soul rest in peace n may all of those that have written nasty things without even knowing her,I pray someone lies on u n may u never be able to explain urself,amen!

• Karen Oguntuyi August 22, 2012 at 4:48 am

I am glad bella naija took time to share this story. i read some comments most nigerians made concerning her death and i was sooo shocked at how myopic some people can be. My friend fell victim three weeks back but in her case an accident was involved and these culprits took off. She wandered round the bush until finally 3 policemen found her. Am sure majority of the so called nigerians who called her runs girl are christians, who pray and also attend church service. if i am right then am sure we would have come accross Matthew 7:1-5. nobody has any right to judge. Someone also made a comment and said..’ehen brazillian hair…i must have everything, i must belong’…what has brazillian hair got to do with her death? What business does Fish have with Towel? If you can not afford brazillian hair, you can weave shuku or patewo and allow those who can afford this weaves use them. Please lets us be reminded that we live in a wicked world. It repented God that He made man when

• Karen Oguntuyi August 22, 2012 at 4:53 am

He looked into the heart of Man.Genesis 6:5-6. this can happen to anybody we only pray for God’s protection and guidiance as the psalmist said in Psalm 91.
    May her Gentle soul rest in peace. Dear God, please help her family because i know they are hurting right now,Guide them and place Your Arms around them, to comfort and to give them strength to bear the loss. Amen.

• vee August 22, 2012 at 4:58 am

It’s a pity that people still trust so easily. I believe it’s best to post little or nothing about one’s private life on social media also I don’t subscribe to the idea of accepting friendship requests from people I barely know. I’ll rather lose great opportunities by so doing than having my privacy compromised. I understand that someone like udoka who lived a sheltered life especially in a setting like Jos, trusted these fellows because she probably was never exposed to some harsh realities of life. This should serve as a lesson to those who hide nothing about themselves when visiting a social media or internet sites.

• chjarles August 22, 2012 at 5:41 am

So sad.

• FABZ August 22, 2012 at 7:10 am

Y IS D HEART OF MEN FULL WITH GREAT EVIL? GOD , LET HER SOUL REST IN PERF8T PEACE(AMEN). KILLING D BEAUTIFUL ONCE! GOSH.

• Mischa August 22, 2012 at 7:47 am

Well, excuse me o. I want to say something. Yes people have been slagging off Facebook, and someone else mentioned that it isn’t the devil, as long as you know how to use your brain and protect yourself. Correct, I agree, but I would also like to point out that the people who are not clear in their support or defence of social sites, let me put this to you. Yes your neighbour can kill you, yes your very close friend or even spouse can kill you, you can step off the street and get hit by a bus. One flaw in your statements are, THOSE THINGS ARE NOT IN YOUR CONTROL. When you naively trust someone on a social site. THAT IS IN YOUR CONTROL. It was your choice, to bring that person into your life. That is where the error is, please this thing is black and white, don’t grey it up. Such stories are not common in Nigeria, that is why a lot of us, are not seeing the evil social sites sometimes can bring. If you live abroad, you hear stories and stories tire, from children as young as 9, all the way to women in their 40′s and 50′s. We as Nigerians that are not yet that used to technology, we have to take a stand NOW, not just for us but for our children, cousins, nieces and nephews. Do you know what your kids are doing online? Are you educating them about proper conduct online, is it until a teenager or a child dies due to people she met online before we wake up. Cynthia was an adult, she should have known better, but what about kids and teenagers. Who is warning them about the dangers of social media. Let us as a nation take a strong stance, and don’t go the lackadaisical nigerian way of saying, ehn, your neighbour can kill you too, you can’t be too careful. Don’t sit on the fence people. Only the Lord can truly protect us, but we as human beings too, should protect ourselves, and not put yourself in unnecessary dangers. if she had met these people in a public place when she landed, and said bye bye to them, and went to sleep in a friend or family’s place, she will still be alive today. This is really sad news, but let us not remove culpability, so others can learn. The other 5 women they met, how do we know if it wasn’t through Facebook too.

• May August 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

May God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss, this is just too painful. First let me say we shouldn’t be quick to judge, God sees all hidden things. As much as possible let us minimise our linkage with strangers on BBm and social networks. Recently I downsized my fb friends list from 900 to 500 and I realised most people I had on my friend’s list I dint even know them personally, just yesterday I deleted 10 bbm contacts not because I don’t know them but because I haven’t really seen some for a very long time and I really cannot say what they can and can not do, one in particular is my childhood friend and now in the UK but the pics of him he puts on his dp differs from the character I use to know. Bottomline is let us be security conscious. When I got married and I wanted to put up my wedding pics on fb, my husband declined cos he feels that is our personal life not meant for public glare. Another aspect I thin should also not ignore is the jobsites we have online these days. They ask for phone numbers, email addresses, contact of next of kin, passport, house address, infact your CV, we don’t know who accesses the database afterwads and for what purpose is used for. Let us be constantly prayerful, listen to the voice of the holy spirit and play our own part by being security conscious. Condolence to the family again.

• ACCA August 22, 2012 at 9:25 am

Na wa!!!!!! she sounds like she was an awesome perosn.. wat a losss…. am so confused at the rate of murder done by youth in this country, where are they learning how to be so heartless from?

• Abubakar sadiq August 22, 2012 at 9:26 am

Hmm 9ja na wahala o

• nairamania August 22, 2012 at 9:43 am

Why this beautiful lady, may her soul rest in perfect peace

• Ojinnaka Chinasa August 22, 2012 at 9:48 am

Oh my God! this is very bad, why is pple so wicked in this country. Cynthia, may ur soul rest in peace. Pls this pple shld go unpunished. My heart goes out to her family especially the mum. God knows the best

• akinwuntan yemisi August 22, 2012 at 10:15 am

its quite sad.may her soul rest in peace,and we young ladies i hope we will learn from dis oh!

• Slimgirl August 22, 2012 at 10:21 am

May her Soul rest in peace. From her friend’s write up, it sounds like she was a great girl and in her own little way, she left behind a good impression. I pray that God would comfort her family and loved ones through this difficult time. We all need to be extra careful because these are dangerous times we live in.
    We also need to be careful with the comments we make. Alot of us had run her down, calling her names, without having any facts on the kind of life she led. We didnt care that her loved ones were reading these comments and they were mostly hurtful. We need to realize that words are indeed like daggers and they hurt badly. Alot of us could relate to the post on the effects of words which was posted on BN a few days ago. We need to always remember it when we are compelled to write/say negative things about people.

once more, I pray that the God comforts her loved ones through this terrible time in their lives.

• Lliciousness August 22, 2012 at 10:43 am

Sad indeed, this is just so wrong and heart breaking, thinking that I nearly fell for the same trap……….

• ayisha August 22, 2012 at 10:44 am

o God its really a great loss on her family n friends. May her soul rest in perfect peace

• Yegra August 22, 2012 at 10:59 am

Sad one doe. but that was really heartless of them to rob her and still get her killed. may there never go unpunish, innocent girl with potentials killed for nothing. may her soul rest in the bosom of thy Lord.

• pegomay August 22, 2012 at 11:05 am

This is SAD!truth is I have taken such risks but never again! May your soul rest in peace Cynthia. Girls please. Let’s watch. Crime stories and read more on issues like this,NA GOD DE SAVE PERSON. But. Make we de try de think ahead, tell people around yo where youplan to go and who u r goin to see!

• HELEN ESSIEN August 22, 2012 at 11:13 am

may her soul rest in peace

• isaac ashuma August 22, 2012 at 11:48 am

Sorry for the family of Cynthia. Rest in peace.

• Fairy August 22, 2012 at 11:51 am

Am short of words!!! May God gives d family d courage to bear d loss.

• sara August 22, 2012 at 12:06 pm

is by his Grace that we are not been consumed.instead of been judgemental lets learn to mourn with those who are passing through such a trying time.Adieu Cynthain

• smtx August 22, 2012 at 12:06 pm

@Scothinks, thanx for your point….U hav gat 70 friends or 7000 friends, u still cant trust anyone! Jesus had 12 and? … Remember the banker who hacked down his wife …was it Facebook? The case of the brother who killed the younger, in the same FESTAC did they exchange bb pins? or we blame the younger for having a brother? The value system in our society is gone!…hate, crime, get-rich-quick syndrome is on the rise…facebook, bbm, twitter and all other social networking platforms will continue to be FUN it depends on how you choose to use them. We should face the issues and stop casting stones everywhere. Cynthia was a victim of THE SOCIETY!

• Oluranti Farodoye August 22, 2012 at 12:20 pm

May her soul rest in peace and may God Almighty console her family especially her parents.
    I hope this will serve as a lesson to those who are treading on the same part or about to.

• Kpokpor glory August 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Rip, Jesus is coming soon.where will he find u !!!

• ocheakiti inalegwu August 22, 2012 at 12:35 pm

what an urgly sinero, I pray God that our youth is been flooded with His light and guide us right to always c and comment in is own very nature as He has created us all. 4 d diseased loved one,s may God almighty grant them the fortitude to absorb and forge ahead in life, may it b blessing to them rather than what it seemingly looked like now in JESUS NAME AMEN

• @michemmy August 22, 2012 at 12:36 pm

This is really sad . Iv read it over and over again..lotta stuffs happen online..but the deceased should not be blamed. And now we should call on HACKERS, or any close friend who is capable of getting through into her inbox cuz her recent chats and messages should be there. The police might find something that could help in their investigations. May her soul RIP (•̩̩̩̩͡_•̩̩̩̩͡)

• CFKO August 22, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Though Cynthia is dis victim, dis serves all a seasoned lesson through life. May we be more careful.

• Timon Moses August 22, 2012 at 1:52 pm

May her soul rest in peace.It’s actually a lesson to learn.When you have love for material stuff,you most times end up on the wrong side.May God deliver us from such in Jesus name Amen

• Ify August 22, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Cynthia my dear is so sad to hear dat u r dead. It hurts my soul but all d same God knows why He allow dis evil to happen. May ur soul rest in peace. As for ur killers they will surely paid for dis evil act. May God console us all for ur painful death. We will miss u so much. adieu cy baby till we meet again.

• Kemisola August 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

What a sad story may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

• kuchi August 22, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Ȋ̝̊̅§ really touching †ђД† this happen,but may her rest in peace.May τ̣̣ђё almight God judge τ̣̣ђё people invovled in this case,Amen.

• peter ogiribo August 22, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I cant imagine d shock d parents ar going 2ru.d social network is suppose 2 open doors of friendship and promote social peace and mutual co-existence and not turn d world in animal kingdom.May her gentle soul and souls of others who may have fall victims rest in perfect peace.Pls accept my deep sympathy and take heart Gen. & Mrs Osokogu,D Lord Almighty shall be ur comforter.

• Cynthia August 22, 2012 at 3:15 pm

RIP Cynthia. From all d friend t d deceased has said, d deceased seems like a smart girl so I’m really confused about how she got involved wit strangers online and even went ahead t meet dem in a foreign state.
    People, pls learn from yet anoda tragic story. Y’all need t be real careful how you interact wit total strangers on the social networking sites. I’m not blaming d deceased for watever might have happened, all I’m saying is that we need to be aware of the peverse world we live in.
    May eternal rest be granted unto her. May perpetual light shine upon her soul. Amen.

• cathy August 22, 2012 at 3:35 pm

it’s so sad but then people should learn not to trust easily. trust should be earned. May the LORD grant her soul eternal rest. Be warned

• Wunmi August 22, 2012 at 3:38 pm

The end of the world is near, be PREPARED!!!!, Don’t be caught off guard…make your ways straight for the coming of Christ!!!!

• celinerita August 22, 2012 at 3:40 pm

c baby RIP. God has started fighting for u if not i dnt c wht will make the idiots to on ur phone. is God in action and he is not going to rest untill deir go into d pit of hell where deir belong.God will avenge for ur date.once again RIP with tearsssssssssssssss in my eyes.

• MERCY August 22, 2012 at 3:41 pm

MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE WITH THE LORD.I MOURN WITH HER PARENTS,BROTHERS,AISHATU AND OTHERS.PLS LETS BE CAREFUL WITH ALL THESE FACEBOOK DEMONS.

• Sam August 22, 2012 at 4:09 pm

God will give the parent the fortitude to bear the loss, and all those concern should repent and follow the teaching of Christ he is the truth, the way and life.

• Layo August 22, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Copied: Yes your neighbour can kill you, yes your very close friend or even spouse can kill you, you can step off the street and get hit by a bus. One flaw in your statements are, THOSE THINGS ARE NOT IN YOUR CONTROL. When you naively trust someone on a social site. THAT IS IN YOUR CONTROL. It was your choice, to bring that person into your life. That is where the error is, please this thing is black and white, don’t grey it up. Let us not remove culpability so that others out there can learn. I AGREE

• Dhmmmmmm August 22, 2012 at 4:45 pm

hmmmmm

• Ekeh lawrence August 22, 2012 at 8:24 pm

GOD in heaven u know all human inhumanity to man may u forgive cynthia her sins and give her a perfect amen.friends and family of cynthia should take heart d world we live is a wicked one.may cynthia find rest in d lord.am law i also feel d pain.

• Chima August 22, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Its so unfortunate… She had a good and large heart. Those guys took advantage of it. May God not allow such people to cross our paths. It’s well with Nigeria. People will always have something to say. May God grant her family, best friend, friends and well-wishers the fortitude to bear this loss of a JEWEL. Ella dearie, it’s well.

• Adonu sunday August 22, 2012 at 9:55 pm

oh my God, what a wickedness of man. only God will judge them ok. for the family God will grant them the fortitude to bear the irrepairable lost, i earnestly sysmpathise with them.

• Pat August 22, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Cynthia, RIP. I never judged you. This could happen to anyone even those guys out there talking bravely. Anybody could be kidnapped, if u like run to the moon. This world was not for you, I pray you find peace in the bossom of the Lord.Your death has exposed the works of these evil people and your death has saved a lot of lives these evil people would have dstroyed in the next 10yrs if not caught. I guess you’ve accomplished your purpose on earth. Adieu! May God give your family the fortitude to bear this great loss.

• josephine August 23, 2012 at 1:31 am

• MayO August 23, 2012 at 5:38 am

For real, no one deserves to die like this. May her beautiful soul rest in perfect peace. My prayers are with her family and friends that the Lord gives them the grace and strength to bear this loss.

• Abiodun August 23, 2012 at 6:50 am

Sad story.May her soul rest in perfect peace.

• Taiwo August 23, 2012 at 8:32 am

“we judge people by our own low and shabby standards” true talk!

• Ikenna udeze August 23, 2012 at 8:43 am

She was a good friend of mine at the nsuk. May her soul rest in peace. We all love you

• me August 23, 2012 at 10:16 am

@bellanaija I thnk ure actually judgn those hateful pple too…no one shuld judge but its nagerians common sence wen such things happen, perhaps.u might hav also judged in dat way wen u hrd such a story bout sme1 else…she isn’t d first. Or secnd. Nd we shuldnt forget dat social netwrk was created for reconnecting with presnt nd lost frnds so we shuldnt blame social netwrk for these either.we’ve all learnt nt jst frm this but frm other social netwrk stories we’ve hrd of…may her soul rest in peace…ma condelence to her frnds nd fam

• bunmi August 23, 2012 at 12:57 pm

dis is sad,but yet mst ladies wil stil not learn 4rm dis nd 4rm d items rcvrd 4rm dos guys,u’l no dat wasnt der 1st tym so dey shld jst b kild in rtrn

• franky elle August 23, 2012 at 5:33 pm

so sad…. rip my dear.

• jollybabe August 23, 2012 at 8:26 pm

You are sooo on point ,my sister.

• mirabel micheal August 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm

may her gentle soul rest in peace….mum may God console you take heart mum….

• diamond August 24, 2012 at 6:05 am

Its a pity bt ℓ̊ wld nt b surprised bcos in nigeria we identify wit d suspect more dan d victim. ℓ̊ blif whoever kill shall b killed nd we also av no resting place until dey confess their evil dees. May cythia soul rest in perfect peace A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ ur killer wil neva go unpunished

• modupe August 24, 2012 at 6:10 am

RIP cynthia

• Belaciano August 24, 2012 at 10:47 am

Friends could all this stories be true?
    the so called Cynthia is not on Facebook (i remembered wen a friend committed suicide and it was on cool fm the profile of the girl was searched and found on facebook
    the so called culprits of this were arrested and their pics were not show, so friends lets watch out how we disseminate information. i am not saying it cant happen pls dont get me wrong but if crime must stop u cant giv us the pix of the girl and d culprits are on hidden agenda. point i’m makin is dat we shld kw wu d culprits are or evidence that dey’ve bin arrested and awaitin justice. thank u

• Festus Amedu August 24, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Adieu Miss Cytha, RIP. Justice must take place to serve as deterrent to wicked people in Nigeria.

• Boltux August 25, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Cynthia, is just a victim of circumstance. Like rightly stated by her “real friend” many met on the social network and developed a prosperous relationship. for those who choose to criticize her, I would say; “He that is still alive should not make fun of the mad”. Let all be prayerful as only those guided by the “Ultimate guide” can successfully pull through.
    To Cynthia’s parents; the good Lord would comfort them. They should not blame their daughter or feel though they have failed in their responsibility. The will of the Supreme being would always come to pass. They should keep the good loving memory of their daughter and love her even in death.
    To Aisha; You are one in a million and a good example of a TRUE FRIEND. Only almighty Lord would console and reward you.
    RIP Cynthy

• Ajoke August 26, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I can bet with everything that I hold sacred, half of the pole saying rubbish about the dead their lives are full of filth. May God grant her family the fortitude to bear this terrible loss. It is well.

• isaac August 26, 2012 at 4:17 pm

its painful and this girls just ran into a wrong hand

• agankwu August 27, 2012 at 12:39 pm

This shudn’t deter u frm building a biz, relational, educational, etc. contact on any social media of any kind, only be more careful by disclosing romance 2 family members, guidiance & friends b4 any serious thing starts, possibly make it as open as possible. RIP cynthia

• cledges August 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm

the social media is what you make of it, if u choose to use as as a business tool, great for you. I can attest to the d fact that most of my buying and selling transactions have been done via face book or bb chat. The problem is that we do not know how to handle the craze of social media, most people see it as simply an entertainment tool to the point of posting naked pics of themselves. Its so painful and sad that Cynthia fell a victim of these callous and wicked boys, and their punishment should be the gallows, they are very wicked.
    Again a major problem i have with people, when a girl is beautiful and pretty she is tagged a “runs’ girl, let us not throw stones, because only God knows what we do in the dark some “holier than thou’ people are fast to accuse her of being a victim of greed, but I say, remove the log in your eyes before you attempt to remove the speack in another mans eyes. Only God will be the Judge.

Cynthia, your story has evoked so much pain in my heart, May you find peace in God’s bossom. Amen

• Etchi Besem Oben August 27, 2012 at 10:31 pm

A crime happens and people post comments blaming the victim, as if to rob and kill is a normal way of livelihood so people should be careful? are such people mentally okay? They want to wait till it is their own child or sibling to ask the real questions : what have we failed to do as a people that our kids/siblings grow believing that robbing and killing is equivalent to hardwork for salary? Cynthia sorry that hotel’s CCTV did not see them rough handling you to come save you. May your memory haunt the idiots until they plead with the almighty for conversion. RIP African Queen

• NANCY August 28, 2012 at 12:25 pm

THIS WORLD WORLD IS WICKED SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GIRL LADDIES I HOPE YOU WILL LEARN FROM THIS MAY ARE GENTLE SOUL RIP

• Tunde September 26, 2012 at 2:13 am

Yes i will lean ..And i wanna ask u that which place is that the twoo man