Ibinabo Fiberesima - December 2014 - Bellanaija.com 02

In a revealing interview with Ibinabo Fiberesima by Vanguard Newspaper’s Benjamin Njoku, the world gets a peak into the life of the actress in the past couple of days that she has been in Kirikiri prison.

The writer takes us on a journey from 2009 to 2016.

According to the writer, in 2009 when Ibinabo Fiberesima was released from prison, she stated “I have learnt how not to trust anybody any more. I put my trust now in the Lord. And this is better explained in the new song I recorded. The music captures my story. Emotionally, I have been drained and to some extent humiliated, even in public…I wasn’t happy that I was involved in that accident. I have said it over and over again that I’m deeply sorry that it ever happened. I don’t know how else to atone for the accident. I started begging my victim’s family from the very day the accident happened. My family attended the funeral rites and service of songs and I even attended the 40 days prayer when I was strong enough to move about. I met with the mother and the wife of the deceased. There’s virtually nothing I didn’t do to plead with the family of the deceased to let me off the hook. I’m still pleading with them as I speak with you right now.”

According to the article, several Nollywood practitioners have been to the prison since the new sentencing to show their solidarity with actress Ibinabo Fiberesima. The people who have gone to show their support include Fred Amata, Segun Arinze, Ifeanyi Dike, Raph Nwadike, Zik Zulu Okafor, Yakubu Mohammed and more.

Speaking on Ibinabo’s countenance at the prison, the Vanguard writer states that the “once cheerful Ibinabo expressed faith in God that the days of storms would soon be over. Her look confirmed one thing and that’s there is nothing that rends the heart, that ruins a life so quickly as being shut out of the world. But while she was trying to hide her emotion, other female inmates were busy having fun, as they kept shouting and waving at some of the popular Nollywood faces who were at the prison. Ibinabo’s lawyer was among the early birds at the prison. He disclosed that he would be heading to the Supreme Court, on Monday, to apply for stay of execution of the jail sentence, even as Ibinabo’s son, Sean Liam Coughlan Saturday, urged Nigerians to pray for his mother.”

See excerpts from her interview below.

On the victim’s family: I don’t have a relationship with the family. They banned me from coming to see them. I used to visit the mother, but they warned me to stop coming to their house. So, I can only pray for them and that’s what I did always. If I had their GSM lines, I would have sent them messages. But like I said earlier, I was banned from visiting them. They said I should not dare get close to them.

On her AGN position still being active: The welfare of my members comes before any other thing. We must continue to push on our health insurance scheme for our members. I have my own health challenges too. I went for a test and they found a growth- a lump in my breasts which I had to remove. So, if we don’t do these tests continuously anything can happen. We usually take our lives for granted. You must continue to go for routine medical examinations. That’s what AGN is all about. We are here to ensure that our members are properly taken care of. We can’t get our money in the bank to pay for our health insurance because they froze the account. I opened the account before the case started.

See her full interview feature here.

74 Comments on “I have been drained and to some extent humiliated” Read Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Story on her Journey so far
  • Jagaban March 19, 2016 at 9:33 am

All i see is BS….talking about the song you recorded recently. I can see you’re strong enough for prison( i thought you just had breast surgery). Madam go and do your time???

• Nnenna March 19, 2016 at 10:14 am

Aunty/Uncle if you read the above statement well, the song was recorded in 2009; 6 years ago. Its not recent.

• Ck March 19, 2016 at 10:51 am

Is it just me who read this as though the reporter is saying that’s what she said in 2009? Not that she’s saying that now. The second part was her interview the week before she was arrested, you’ll see that if you read the vanguard article directly

• Kaeto March 19, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Honestly, a man’s life disappeared, she gets 5 years only. Madam that’s the family loss, tell me what they will gain from the 5 years, your son gone and you think by revenging you get him back, instead hell bent on destroying another’s life. It’s sad but the best solution is to make her bread winner of their family too and actually all work together as a team. Even she herself would have been healing as a process.

• Damilola March 19, 2016 at 4:30 pm

This woman is an egoistic, narcissist person. She should take responsibility not still trying to say how she’s begged and almost playing the victim now. I hate when people think begging will automatically translate into their mistake is forgiven and forgotten. I’m not saying she should stop her life but she was living her life lavishly so openly and I’m sure at some point she thought, she’lll not get harsh punishment. Honestly, she shouldn’t even speak out at all let alone talk about a song.
      The truth is, she was drunk and still made a decision to drive which led to someone’s death. People make mistakes but not everyone make one that puts another person’s life in jeopardy.

• Yori March 19, 2016 at 5:44 pm

You say that with such authority – were you drinking with her? How was it determined that she was drunk? You have issues – not her!!

• Reality March 29, 2016 at 7:45 pm

When it is your turn please do take responsibility too. It can happen to the best of us.She did not plan to kill anyone but it happened.it was not premeditated. Mercy and leniency is what she is asking for. If you feel she does not deserve because u are on the otherwise of the fence oh well!! But karma also knocks. What you make happen for others God will surely make happen for u.May those who do not extend mercy never receive mercy..Player haters

• Barrister March 19, 2016 at 6:42 pm

My brother was a victim of a hit and run driver,thank God he survived because my Aunt was passing by and saw a crowd and decided to check….she brought him home before gong to the hospital with my Mum… Years later,this Aunt died in an accident caused by a hit and run driver. I loved IB in th e movie ‘Most Wanted” back in the late 90s. When she was arrested at her friend’s house some days after the accident,the police went there with a Tv camera crew…..she bluntly said that she was in a coma at St. Nicholas Hospital and that was the reason she didn’t report to the police. Prison calender is different so 5yrs is actually 4yrs. If she had gone to jail then,she would have spent like a year and get a state pardon from GEJ but no she doesn’t want to go to jail at all for the crime she committed.

• Segi March 19, 2016 at 9:37 am

Ibinabo! Ibinabo!! Ibinabo!!! You’re still getting this so wrong. If I were you, this interview will not be about me, but a public apology to both the family and your fans. You seem to think Nigerians are stupid, welp, most are not! As for the lump out of your breast, you don’t have to be physically there for them to run a test, the lump has been removed and it takes less than 72hrs to heal from a biopsy! What irks me about this whole drama is the perpetuated belief by you and your fans that your life is more valuable than other criminals or the victim! If you all were canvassing for a lax in punishment for manslaughter, I won’t have bat an eyelid. But to keep playing on emotions just for yourself, after evading justice for a decade? No.

• nene March 19, 2016 at 10:54 am

exactly. i wish she would just accept her fate. at least she’ll be treated better than others and maybe even get a vip treatment in prison.

• Cece March 19, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Read and understand! She has already apologised to the family who are unwilling to forgive her since they banned her from communicating with them. So which public is she apologisng to again? Is it you, the family friend?

Its not easy for anyone to face a prison sentence and she is just expressing a lot of anxiety by writing this, especially being a newly married woman.

Some people here are definitely family members or friends of the family. The truth is that you will never be truly happy if you remain bitter.

And remember, you may feel God has avenged the situation but you must also try to forgive!

• Steve March 20, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Ibinabo is a narcissist.. She is all about herself and comes off as power drunk. I remember once at the AMAA awards in Bayelsa, her goons were pushing people from the entrance of the event cos Ibinabo was walking in and you could see the arrogance with which she carries herself. That night Ibinabo kept walking round the hall of the event so people could notice her. Everyone complained bitterly and was pissed as she seemed hungry for attention.. It was an eye sour and I kept wondering to myself “what kind of woman is this”.

• Fortune Da Function Guy March 19, 2016 at 9:39 am

That’s the irony of life… Pain behind the fame.

• truth March 19, 2016 at 9:52 am

From all this, I think the victim’s family is very mean and hell-bent on teaching her a lesson. My prayer for you IB is for God to comfort you and be with you and give u the grace to come out alive and stronger and better. I’m not a fan but my brother once had this issue and the family settled out of court. It was the scariest moment of my life.

• chiclero March 19, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Do you know what they call “state vs accused”? Or you think the case is between Giwa and Ibinabo?
      Btw, why do we have courts and laws when we would rather do padi-padi and settle out of court.
      The “family was mean to me”; she still thinks it’s all about her, like been nice or mean to you would make any difference in their lives. Friends of the family have said; You,Ibinabo rather treated them like crap and was throwing money at them when th incident happened instead of remorse cos you felt above the law.
      Ibinabo should just shut up and keep herself out of the media. Her case isn’t in the court of public opinion but a court of LAW!

• kadara March 19, 2016 at 1:59 pm

@truth you are a cow, if that family wishes upon you what they’ve been through you will deserve it. When someone kills your own father and runs away while he lay there dying you can feel free to do what you like since he may mean nothing to you!
      How dare she beg the family to let her off the hook. That’s all she care about herself. Thats why she could run away and leave the man to die. I hope the persecution and judge are reading reading these nonsense she and her friends are writing. It shows lack of remorse and now they will be even more determined that she goes to jail.

• concerned March 19, 2016 at 2:03 pm

When someone’s carelessness kills your father and the main provider of your entire family, let’s then see if you won’t be “mean” and “hell-bent on teaching her a lesson.” Ibinabo should keep her entitled self quiet and be thankful she got only 5 years. Mtchheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww!!

• Iris March 19, 2016 at 4:03 pm

If roles were switched and it was your family member that was the victim I would like to assume that you’d have forgiven them too. Please know that what happened to your brother and settling out of court was a rare privilege and not the norm. I cannot believe Nigerians sometimes honestly.

• Temmy March 19, 2016 at 9:57 am

May God help you,he will strengthen you to do your time wella

• Omoh March 19, 2016 at 10:01 am

‘There’s virtually nothing I didn’t do to plead with the family of the deceased to let me off the hook’.

This just confirms what the victim’s sister wrote. She is about getting off the hook. Not necessarily sorry for the consequences of her actions.

• Tunde o March 19, 2016 at 10:29 am

I really don’t get the “I’ve begged the family” part. This was a case between you and the state, and you’re still blaming the family for your predicament. Best thing now is to get a good lawyer and fight the judgement.
      This is how the police ruins cases, by telling peeps to beg the victim instead of taking cases to court, especially rape cases. Good help us.

• Main Squeeze March 19, 2016 at 10:55 am

Omoh, you caught that like I did. She pleaded so that her name wouldnt be dragged in the mud. She is pleading so that she wont spend 5 years in prison. Pleas with selfish motive. I refuse to believe that the late Dr’s family is that heartless unless something has triggered it. As it is, Madam, this case is no longer in their hands, its between the state and you. Face am. Just take your time and mingle with the in-mates so that your stay will be pleasant because when someone informs the in-mates of your mago mago you wont like it in there.

P.S The more you drag this issue, the more people will come to know and disdain you

• Jagaban March 19, 2016 at 11:30 am

Plus see the stupid things she’s spewing from that gutter mouth of hers..:the family humiliat her”, abeg somebory epp me use slap and reset this woman’s brain. Yeye dey smell?

• jay March 19, 2016 at 10:06 am

Poor woman. Go and serve your sentence with ur head held high. Take responsibility for ur actions.. it’s only 5 years. All this pity pasty they’re throwing for u is nauseating and it’s making ur enemies /haters happy. Serve your time and continue with ur lifeja

• Whocares March 19, 2016 at 10:16 am

“When she was released from prison in 2009?” She went to prison for the offence before? I thought initially she only paid bail? Or did they mean to write detention? I’m just lost.

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 19, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Hi @whocares, reports state that she was in kirikiri prison for 3 weeks after the initial 5 year sentencing which was then appealed and court gave her the N100,000. The courts have now reinstated the initial ruling.

• Californiabawlar March 19, 2016 at 10:19 am

Na wah o! I really had nothing against Ibinabo until this whole campaign trying to make her look like the victim. Wow!! You do realize that you’re consistently humiliating the family of the deceased right? From day one, they haven’t been shown any respect by you and now by your media goons! You walk away from the scene, walk away from the courts and now you’re trying to pity-party your way out of jail time. Some simps are even on here blaming and shaming the victims family for unforgiveness already. Is that fair? How hard is it to apologize ? To use this as a teaching moment for people living reckless out there? Your PR peeps are doing you in madam. Unfortunately/fortunately, the judges won’t read this balderdash…

If she’s not yet there by now, it’ll take actual jail time for her and other narcissists like her to realize life is not all about them. Mssschew talkingbout you’ve been humiliated… I bet that man will pick humiliation over loosing his life and family.

• Iris March 19, 2016 at 4:11 pm

As in! The only thing that annoys me more than this stupid interview about ‘humiliation’ are the people defending her. Nobody wants their loved one to go to jail for being the cause of an accident that killed someone. I get it. I wouldn’t either. But how dare you blame the victim’s family for wanting punishment for the crime? What kind of nonsense is this? What pains me most is these are the same people that will rail about Nigeria’s justice system. If it had been a thieving politician that knocked someone down they would have been clamouring for his head even though that was also an accident. In fact I almost wish the family members had written their own open letter since it is emotion that people are thinking with*hiss*

• Abby March 19, 2016 at 10:24 am

Ibinabo, we r praying 4 u….

• Lala March 19, 2016 at 10:30 am

Ibinabo so you still have time to shamelessly promote your song ( which am sure will be wack as hell) while shamelessly making everything about you and not the victims family. You don’t have shame at all!!!! I hate knocking people when they are down but I would be lying if I said I had any pity for this woman infact when I heard about the sentence I was just happy for the family of the victim’s family.
    It won’t bring back their loved one but at least they will have some kind of justice because the previous ruling was soooooo stupid. At the end of the day my heart goes out to the victim’s family and I wish them all the best.

• pl March 19, 2016 at 11:01 am

ibinabo go to jail and let us rest!!!

• Miss_Flygerian March 19, 2016 at 1:13 pm

I just tire. Shey if she had gone to jail since, she wouldn’t have come out and moved on with her life by now? Na wa.

• nene March 19, 2016 at 11:04 am

ibinabo please stop granting interviews because u obviously dont know how to talk. from this interview, it seems u r not even remorseful. still talking about AGN and urself again. this is not about u for god sake! the family of the man took a drastic decision telling u never to come again, and i think they might have been angry because of how hard u fought to stay out of jail and how u tried to run a away from a crime u committed, so u can’t blame them for probably hating u right now. if u had stayed at the scene of the crime, and maybe even tried to get this man to the hospital without running and carrying documents with u to avoid traces of urself and ur relationship with the owner of the car, maybe things would’ve been different. this is medicine after death, because if u were not a movie star u would’ve escaped, but people recognised u. what u did on the day of the accident is a callous and devious act. also you’ve not addressed questions about reports of whether u were drunk or not, of course u know the truth is u were intoxicated. Nigerians should learn to live good life of honesty and piety please!

• Jay March 19, 2016 at 11:10 am

This lady is so arrogant. I am so pissed at her that I can’t even put it in writing. This woman should do her term and hopefully that will humble her. Some people actually feel they are untouchable. Hmmmmmmm

• jwezee March 19, 2016 at 11:11 am

Don’t even know what side to be on.. I feel for both parties as we are all humans…. Prayers up.

• Ebere March 19, 2016 at 11:17 am

Ibionabo, “Orange is the new black”. Do your time as justice demands because all these pleading with the family has not resurrected their child. Accept your fate and do your time.Who knows, you might find some interesting women there that might eventually need your help………..

• Fola Coco March 19, 2016 at 11:18 am

This lady is still trying to get off the hook even after 10yrs and a verdict/sentence of 5yrs..Had you just gone to jail then all this would have been over..Its hard,but just serve the jail time and finally put this behind you. Did u set out to kill anyone that fateful day? No. Did someone die as a result of your DUI? Yes. Was it reckless? Yes. Was it deliberate? No. But a life was cut short,a mother lost her son,a wife lost her husband,children lost their dad,siblings lost their brother.. Should you be shamed for this? No. We all make mistakes,we all have a past that haunts us. Please stay off granting interviews and social media. Spend time with your family and stand tall when it’s time to get locked up,also pray for strength.

• prince March 19, 2016 at 11:50 am

The Lord is your strength.

• fan March 19, 2016 at 12:02 pm

If I were you ibinabo I don’t think is time for long talk,but cry for mercy of God.I’m really feeling for your children.

• smh March 19, 2016 at 12:36 pm

this interview is not a recent. I don’t know it has been dug up and made to look like she is just saying these. this isn’t fair

• afis March 19, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Buh honestly I sorry for this woman

• Ijebujesha March 19, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Whenever I read from this woman or her child about this case, I can’t help but smell evil. I think she is a very evil person. She ended a human life via her irresponsibility and recklessness and is TOTALLY unremorseful about it. Only a fool wouldn’t discern that all these is because she is desperate to escape justice. 5 years is damn too small for this crime and this woman. She thoroughly deserve to be locked away for good.

• Wale March 19, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Selfish B I T C H! No remorse whatsoever. It is all about her. She should rot in Prison.

• Blessed March 19, 2016 at 12:50 pm

All I can say is it is well with both IB and the deceased family!

• poison ivy March 19, 2016 at 12:52 pm

I lost a friend through hit and run.
    The driver crashed, panicked and left him, he had a cut on the leg and if he was taken to the hospital, he would have made it.
    But the driver was selfish and ran off.
    He was stuck and bleed to death, according to eye witness he was still breathing when they found him around 6am. The accident occurred around 10pm, so he was in pain for more than 6 hours.
    He was just 17, people need to understand that whatever action you take can affect other people.
    Ibinabo should take responsibility for her actions, be brave enough and teach you kids a lesson on taking responsibility.

• Joel March 19, 2016 at 1:00 pm

God is in control.
    You never know how strong you are, until it is the last chance you have.
    God will see her through, when the five years is over,i believe this will die away but will never be forgotten.
    It really hurts to all parties involve…..

• mimi March 19, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Na wa o……I never knew people were this mean…..wicked hearts……victim’s family….the man has been gone for 10 yrs now, if they think Ibinabo being in jail for 100 yrs will make them feel better, it won’t……..its just a case of looking for someone to blame or punish when things happen….it was an accident…she did not kill the man, so Plsss people should get over this already……it can happen to anybody…..accidents happen everyday everywhere……you guys need Jesus……coz 5yrs is really not long and she’ll be out……then what??????………forgive already and move on with ur lives……allow the dead to rest……what will be will be.

• kadara March 19, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Mimi Shut up and stop talking about the poor family. You are the evil one attacking the poor family. Ibinabos.case Is with Lagos and not the family so no matter how many of you her friends and family that go from blog to blog trying to emotionally blackmail this family it won’t work. Her action led to his death and that is the end of it not all these stupid stories

• Hills March 19, 2016 at 2:11 pm

It is you that needs Jesus to explain to you that it’s not the victim’s family v Ibinabo: criminal cases are between the state v accused. Shame on you for being so insensitive to the family.

• Adesola Ade-Unuigbe
      Adesola Ade-Unuigbe March 19, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Honestly Mimi I think Nigerians need to realize that this is not even about the dead man, rest his soul. This is about obeying the laws of order. The laws that protect us. No one is saying Ibinabo is evil or planned in her heart to kill a man. No. That is premeditated murder and the sentence would have been different. Please understand that she accidentally killed a man. That is manslaughter and a punishable offense by law. Manslaughter is always a lighter sentence because the law understands that it is an accident. But however must still serve as a punishment and warning to others in the society because we are all responsible for our actions in a society, especially when those actions affect others.

Nigerians need to stop being sentimental. Unfortunately this is not about the family of the late man or Ibinabo’s new marriage. The court of law does not care about that. The law does care however that you have, through your actions that could have been prevented, taken a life.

Isnt it better that Ibinabo gets punished by the court than lynched by a crowd? Or how do you want Nigerians to feel if they see that the court of law they respect cannot uphold a sentence just because of the people involved? More people will take the law into their own hands and trust me we don’t want that. And what message will the court of law be sending to youths?

And why then should we expect our politicians to go to jail or be accountable for their actions if this is how we will treat celebrities?

Oscar Pistorious is a celebrity and still went to jail. Adam Driver is a celebrity and he is going to jail. Jared Fogle is a celebrity and he is in jail.

The court of law does not care about your social standing. It is only in Nigeria that we try to use it as a way out. Then tomorrow we will be shouting that corrupt politicians should go to jail.

Dear Nigerians, please remove sentiments and let the courts do their job.

Sorry for the typos and long essay. I’m just so tired of this “5 years won’t bring the dead back” mentality ?

• Teju TJ March 19, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Mimi, are you stupid or what? It was not an accident. She was driving under the influence which nullifies it from being an accident. She definitely slaughtered the man. That is why she was convicted of manslaughter. The man did not die, he was slaughtered. If you feel her going to jail is pointless- do you also think it is pointless for our politicians to pay for their corruption? Actions have consequences and we need to start learning that. We must be able to take responsibility for our actions.

• Chu March 21, 2016 at 3:22 pm

You obviously did not read what Mimi wrote, you just wanted to be contrary, cos if you read it you would have known that you both want the same thing, just that she presented hers in a more intelligent way… Too much vile talk on the internet.

• Kunle March 19, 2016 at 9:24 pm

This is to Mimi for typing such cruel words.

• babygiwa March 19, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I don’t like how she is trying to make the victim’s family look bad. Hian. Ib is not the victim and she should be ready to serve her jail time. I pity you as I am a human being but the way you have handled this so far says a lot about you, you should come down from your high horse already.
    Iranu. May the victim and all other victims of hit and run rest in peace, amen.

• poison ivy March 19, 2016 at 2:11 pm

@mimi, you have no idea what the deceased family have been through all diz years, so please stop.
    If Ibinabo going to jail is going to give them closure, then by all means she should pay for being reckless and cutting a life short.
    Until you pick the body part of a loved one on the road, please step aside.

• concerned March 19, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Ibinabo, please stop it. Why were you begging the victim’s family to let you off the hook? What is so special about you and how different are you from the many people who are behind bars for 10-15 years for accidentally killing people? Your arrogance, self-centered attitude and daftness astound me. Why don’t you deserve to go to jail? Because you’re a mother? Sit the hell down! There are thousands of innocent mothers behind bars who are far better than you because at least they didn’t do anything. People have received worse sentences than you have for the same thing that you have done. Instead of you to thank God that you got 5 years, you are whining like an entitled brat. If you sin, no matter how much God forgives you, it is only fair that you receive your punishment. God forgave Eve but we still bear the pain of childbirth. God forgave the thief on the cross next to Jesus but he still died. Please, put your big girl panties on and go to jail. You will only be in jail for 5 years so shut up and go to jail. This family has lost someone dear to them and they will never get him back. Your family will get you back after 5 years so suck it up and go.

• shakitibobo March 19, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I think her PR team are very unprofessional. They make her appear like an entitled brat. She’s being set up to fail big time. Should be glad she got 5 years. In some countries it’s 10 years minimum for manslaughter or negligence causing death. Her son had the effontry to interferre in a very uncouth manner. No one from her camp is putting the victim’s family into consideration which baffles me or other victims of dangerous if not drunk driving.

• Truth March 19, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Save it for the birds. You going to jail girl. Get used to it…and who are they fooling, this is a statement from 2009.
    Lastly, those Actors and Actresses who are making noise should be ashamed of themselves. How can you be standing by a murderer. I understand supporting your own but do it wisely for God’s sake…if it was your relative, you won’t be forming solidarity. Scraps

• Gistyinka Blog March 19, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Though God is the only one that can judge and it cool that our judiciary system is working, but am so sorry for her and also speechless.

• shakitibobo March 19, 2016 at 3:01 pm

This a very selfish woman. Do you know what you’ve put the family of the deceased through over the past couple of years? 1st not seeing justice served and how you’ve used your status to escape justice and the fact that you tampered with evidence that linked you to the accident scene even makes your story worse and again you not trying to take responsibility for your actions is another reason why people are after your throat? All through the years you were free, you never even for once advocate or star in a campaign talking to people about the risk of dangerous driving if not drunk, yet you were galivanting around town campaigning for GEJ.

• ‘Deola March 19, 2016 at 4:07 pm

I think we should all drive with utmost care when we are behind the wheel. Yes, mistakes do happen, but it helps if we know before hand that one mistake can take away all we ever lived for. There are no easy answers whether it is closure or justice , whether it is punishment for manslaughter, and whether it is Ibinabo and friends seeking self interest.

I can only pray for all involved. May they all find strength, peace of mind and closure. May God’s wisdom continue to guide us in our everyday affairs.

• Noname March 19, 2016 at 5:04 pm

She’s still an ode right from her UI days. When will see learn that it’s not all about her? She needs to go away quietly in that Kirikiri and beg God for forgiveness.

• kim March 19, 2016 at 6:19 pm

The family in question r just bunch of wicked people. For Christ sake it was a mistake and she pleaded with them. Whatever they do to her will never ever bring the man back. They’ll keep hurting themselves if they don’t let go. Wasn’t she involved in the accident too? Na wa o. Forever bitter souls in this family. #letitgoalready

• Ajoke March 19, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Should it be Ibinabo that lost either her son, husband or a very dear one in the very same, nothing changing, exact manner she caused this accident, and same manner she has been about the whole matter- from running away to being caught, and all that she has done secretly and opening- ….And the case got to this stage, with the same court sentence and all, Would she have allowed the man/woman slaughterer to go, and would she accepted the same manner of words/that she is putting forward now?…….

Carry your cross Ibinabo, pray for grace to face the prison life and turn the prison life into a memorable life experience by going in there to touch lives and as well make positive impact so much so that when you come out, the prison will feel your impact.

• Adun March 19, 2016 at 8:44 pm

People are so cruel. What happened to Ibinabo can happen to anyone. The sister is going around saying she wants to beat Ibinabo’s ass, like that will bring her brother back. People are talking about her taking pictures with GEJ, what does that have to do with anything?

How was it proven she was drunk? By blood test? Motor accident can happen to ANYONE. Who can kill someone and not be remorseful? Even after the five years in jail the family won’t be satisfied. They say they have forgiven but their words and action prove otherwise. If it happens to anyone vilifying her I hope they are as harsh with themselves as they are being now.

• swagg1 March 19, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I am not even going to waste my time reading the rest of this crap. Her mere mention that she requested for the deceased family to let her “off the hook” is a turn off for me. Ms Entitlement, go serve your 5 year jail term. You commit the crime , them put on your big girl pants to serve the time!!COWARD!!

• naz March 20, 2016 at 12:10 am

Everybody is talking as if u re perfect, if some of u re in her shoe, they will do same or do more than her. Even if she stays in jail for to 100 years in jail, Dr. Giwa will nt come to life again so the best thing is for the family to forgive her cos when they do, the Government will also do.

• Cj March 20, 2016 at 3:18 am

Dr Giwa must have died a thousand times if he saw pictures of her gallivanting through Aso rock, no shame with that last government, they mingled and dined with looters, ritualists, murderers..No Shame!!

• Cj March 20, 2016 at 3:28 am

We need a new generation of Nigerians with Intergrity, men and women who stand by the truth. Sadly in Nig the truth doesn’t power your house, provide water, fuel, medicare and good education for your kids, people will rather look the other way, have their pockets lined with money to provide the very basic for their family, that’s the reality of the country we live in. To think she was president of the AGN , life lessons are meant to teach us to make better decisions,had he gone to jail, she would have cut off alcohol by now. In saner worlds, she would have done her time, learn lessons annd retire into oblivion.

• awesome March 22, 2016 at 2:50 pm

she isnt begging for the family to let her off the hook she is begging for forgiveness..ibinabi is a very humble woman. accidents happen it can happen to anybody. try putting urself in her shoe. yes its painful to loss a love one but no amount of jail time would bring the doctor back to life. av been in an accident too were i lost two of my friends in the process. the family of the deceased forgave the driver coz it can happen to anybody.

• Godspower March 28, 2016 at 9:29 am

In says she has apologized but the family keep saying she never did who do we believe

• Godspower March 28, 2016 at 9:31 am

Ib says she has apologized but the family keep saying she never did who do we believe

• Regina Arthur April 7, 2016 at 5:00 pm

I hope you do not like Ibinabo to pay with her life. This is an accident and it can happen to anyone. My prayer goes to the victims family and it is my prayer that God would be their provider. It is also my prayer that God shows abundance mercy to Ibinabo and take her out of prison. Even God had mercy on Hager on the desert.. When you are a pointing a finger at some one, remember that the other four is pointing at you. TO FORGIVE IS DEVINE.