Career

Job Posting: Assistant Editor for a Major Style Publication

BellaNaija.com

fashion-illustration-nutrition-bitesFor all you fashionistas, a very exciting job opportunity with a fab mag. Apply!!
_____________________________________________________________
Job Title: Assistant Editor

Job description:
High flying Lagos-based fashion publication seeks to recruit a full-time Assistant Editor. The selected candidate will report to the Editor, and will assist with all aspects of managing the publication – from concept development and photo-shoots, to layout and production. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years’ editorial experience, preferably with a fashion/lifestyle publication, and must also have a detailed knowledge of the Nigerian and global fashion industry. Furthermore, applicants must possess a keen eye for detail, and must balance creative spark with superior organizational abilities.

Qualifications:
At least a first degree (preferably in the area of Communications or Journalism, but all fields will be considered)

Remuneration:
Very attractive, commensurate to experience

Start date:
Candidate must be available to interview in Lagos, and willing to start immediately.

Contact:
Interested candidates should e-mail curriculum vitae with covering letter to: [email protected]

(Please note that only short-listed candidates will receive a response).

1. tina

April 17, 2009 at 2:40 am

Oh no! currently i am not in Lagos but i would love this job, my lil sis keeps telling me that i would be great for this type of field….

2. egg

April 20, 2009 at 4:07 pm

so go ahead and reply then, olodo!!!

3. anon

April 20, 2009 at 8:37 pm

LOL, cos your sister says so does not mean thats the case… YOU should know if you’re good for it or not.

Sorry, you failed at the first hurdle – DO NOT APPLY

4. tina

May 1, 2009 at 5:52 am

i was commenting out loud about the field of editing and writing,u dont know me personally, i did not say anything about applying so keep the anonymous advice and curse words on check both anon and egg

5. BARB

June 9, 2009 at 4:22 pm

I WISH I LIVED IN NIGERIA–BECAUSE I WILL LOVE TO HAVE THIS JOB FASHION IS WHAT I DO. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO APPLY

6. Bombchell - in Atlanta

August 28, 2009 at 9:03 am

sounds cool, I just want to retouch photos, and i guess one can photoshop globally. but cool gig

7. Paulnededar

June 3, 2010 at 3:03 am

Hello I just lost my job. I have applied to most of the job sites more times than I’d care to recall and sent off hundreds of resumes. However, i have not been able to find a single good response to my applications. If anyone knows about any particular place that provides career advice, please reply me with the location details. I will be thankful to you for your early response.

8. frosty