Music

Shot at Ex-Label Mate? Nigerian ‘Superstar’ Ice Prince Zamani Advises Artistes about Record Labels

Ice Prince VIP Launch - June 2013 - BellaNaija (17)

Just a few days after Ice Prince Zamani premiered his new music video, “VIP”, the ‘Aboki’ was moved by a certain article he read online and decided to advise other artistes in the music industry about record labels and music careers.

Here’s what he said:

Share your thoughts!

Photo Credit: BellaNaija

1. hmm

June 24, 2013 at 4:08 pm

he is right actually …even in the west/Asia some record labels are quite tough to work with ..and if you are an artist that is not making money for the label they would drop you as soon as possible…….an example i would use is Dbanj ever since he got signed he hasnt released an album or song under kanyes label…the songs he has been releasing are through his Nigerian label which is smart of him in order to still keep his name reigning…..but an average Nigerian musician would not have the patience to wait that long if it were a Nigerian label…Also majority of Nigerian musicians seems to want to hit it big overnight or think their pay is small/not worth it….Rihanna earns a lot from her tours /records but a chunk of it go back to her team, management, producers and her song writers she is just the face/product of the work done in the label/company..due to endorsements and the structure of their industry the artist are still able to make enough….i think Nigerians need to understand about contracts and what they are getting into before signing the dotted lines… then again we have the issue of greed/envy on the artist side as well as ‘do you know who I am’ , the boss, etc on the record companies side….

• OK

June 25, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Very well said….

2. Annod

June 24, 2013 at 5:28 pm

ICE PRINCE BABA! YOU ARE THE MAN FOR LYFE!! CHOC CITY BABY! Abeg… make una sign me naaa! I can rap!…. for real!

3. liljay

June 24, 2013 at 8:53 pm

i agree with ice prince 100% u can imagine if may D was still with p square he would have gone far now hes just among the c list musicians in nigeria he so patient so he fell

4. FAR

June 24, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Negative energy is not the way!

5. Awaiting Moderation

June 25, 2013 at 12:49 am

Until they screw him over, den he will change story. We siddon dey look.

6. BRYMO

June 25, 2013 at 3:08 am

WOW, I THOUGHT WE WERE BROTHERS!

7. primo da mexican

June 25, 2013 at 6:35 am

@hmm ur comment wuz well said nd it show [email protected] prince,u r my fav choc boi bt I wld prefer u kip ur comment to ur self nd meet da pessin u r refering to nd tok abt it man to man nd if he refuse to listen let him b.cos wat u say may b use againt u in future(GOD 4bid).rememba jeremiah gyang,dbanj-don jazzy,and odas to numerous to mention.so ice baba sum tins shld nt b said in public plz.u remain my favourite M.c of all time.stay bless nd heathy

• OK

June 25, 2013 at 12:42 pm

So he shouldn’t say the truth just bcos it could be “used against him tomorrow?” *confused look

8. Panshak

June 25, 2013 at 11:35 am

Annod do u really know how to rap?? Call me if you are sure 0706797786* (C.Ronaldo)

9. Hurperyermie

June 25, 2013 at 12:06 pm

i support him joor

10. Addy

June 28, 2013 at 4:19 am

Is Brymo the first artiste that would leave a record label, so why all dis hates. I think the likes of Tuface, naeto c etc are guilty of this too. Can ice prince stay in choc city for 8 years, lets wait and see….

11. OWOSENI-KUNLE

July 19, 2013 at 12:48 pm

@ICE;U SED DAT BECOS UV MADE IT.CANT CONCLUD THOUGH UNTIL U HEAR 4RM D ODA SIDE.IT MIT BE BOTH WAYS.SMART WOK NOT ONLY HARDWOK/TALENT PAYS.AL YAL IN CHOC ARE GUD.ICE A GUD RAPPA MAKIN PAPER/MOOLA!BAK 2D MATA;CHOC COME SIGN ME ON,IM A GUD RAPA WIT GUD FLAVOR,SO COME SAVOR 4RM D VALOR.FIND ME ON FB

12. Angelita

November 2, 2013 at 5:20 pm

STORM RECORDS AUDITION 2013

Storm Records Superstars has been away from the Nigeria music industry for a while now,so STORM
    RECORDS is looking upcoming talented artistes to come for an audition and the most talented artiste
    will have a record deal with STORM RECORDS and lots of consolation prizes for the participating
    artistes all interested artistes are to send their details via email to ([email protected]) in
    the following format.
    NAME…….
    STAGE NAME…..
    MUSIC GENRE…..
    ADDRESS……..
    AGE……
    PHONE NUMBER……

All entries should be sent via email to ([email protected]) immediately because limited slots is available.

BEST REGARDS
    STORM RECORDS
    AUDITION TEAM 2013

13. D-script

November 7, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I’ve been a big fan of Choc city. Ice prince is great with
    his flows. I’m upcomming. Rnb, hiphop singer, hav heard plenty abwt
    d industry, yet I’d agree wid Ice prince. Just wish my dream of
    singing along side Ice prince nd brodaz wld oneday comtrue.
    08136733598

14. cean jcs

November 10, 2013 at 9:36 am

mehn his right sha… am a rapper and i flow quite good and unique.. but i only have one track released in the studio yet.. have got so many written down lyrics for some beats.. and also a song writer.. please if your willing to give me a try you can please get to me through 08167577533 or my email [email protected] Thanks

15. kelvin liga

February 20, 2014 at 12:10 am

hello this ur boi kelvin liga i rapp nd flow perfect with yoruba enlish pigin…plz for anyone to sign me im ready to d hero…..here is ma cell fone…08107030962

16. rocksky

February 22, 2014 at 7:32 am

Hi,my name is rocksky am upcoming artiste,i am 22yrs old,am live in osogbo,am hip pop singer,i can sing in anyway,am here to look for record label,if u want to sign me just contact me:+2347064681526, please help me,i want my dream come true,i wil not dispoint you

17. OGBONNA ISRAEL EZE

March 25, 2014 at 10:47 pm

What wil b wil b.
    Am a talented rapper/singer…,nids a record label …promise to offer my best. Am Ezeish
    08068754193

18. Gisman

September 19, 2014 at 4:38 pm

am an artist my fans call me Gispiz i have 8tracks on ground which i have voiced, i need help from any body who feels can help me to make it in life as a star am good in both hip pop nd R&B… hear is my contact 08028176078 or [email protected] thank you as u reply nd i promise 2 follow instruction.as u say.

19. nacxo

November 30, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Ama holandiz specie of rapa..thumbs up if u dig…..Call [email protected] for biznes

20. Audition Audition Audition :Java Records is holding a 2015 music audition which is likely to hold on the 12 of May 2015. Young and talented Female and male rappers/singers are adviced to come. Purchasing of form contact Java Records audition manager : Mr

April 11, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Audition Audition Audition :JAVA RECORDZ is holding a 2015 music audition which is likely to hold on the 12 of May 2015. Young and talented Female and male rappers/singers are as a matter of urgency needed for an immediate audition. Purchasing of forms contact JAVA RECORZ audition manager : Mr Fredrick Nwadike @ [email protected]. Phone:+2348177878096.