Events

To Inspire Young Africans! Exclusive Photos of Tara & Fela Durotoye, Tosyn Bucknor, Adaora Achumba & More at the House of Tara 100 Voices Book Launch in Lagos

Tara Fela-Durotoye

Tara Fela-Durotoye

On Tuesday 25th June 2013, renowned Nigerian beauty brand House of Tara launched its buzzed about book House of Tara 100 Voices in an exclusive gathering at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, Lagos.

Guests at the event included Ufuoma Ejenobor, Tosyn Bucknor, Kemi Ogunleye, Adaora AchumbaBola Bolagun of Glam Networks, Ibukun Awosika, Kola Karim, Isoken Ogiemwonyi, Sharon Ezeamaka and Fela Durotoye.

According to a rep, the book was published to inspire other young Africans not just Nigerians, to use the stories of these 100 to challenge others to find a way to inspire people. House of Tara believes in empowering women and with the generous donations and pledges from the myriad of senior executives, diplomats, and dignitaries who attended the event, the company was able to create the 100 Voices Fund which will provide the means for young women and men to start up their own micro enterprises.

At the event, the brand’s creative director Tara Fela-Durotoye was definitely the star of the event in a print orange knee length frock. She styled the dress which features a crow neckline and a side bow detail, with silver-and-orange drop earrings, a silver wrist watch and a pair of colour blocking pumps.

She finished the look with a top knot and light pink lipstick.

Speaking at the event, Tara said “If anything should happen to me, I would feel fulfilled by the lives of people in Nigeria and the world that House of Tara has impacted.”

For more information about the 100 Voices project, log on to www.100voices.houseoftara.com

Check out photos from the event.

Photos

Nneka Jibunoh

Nneka Jibunoh

Ola Orekurin & Adaora Achumba

Ola Orekurin & Adaora Achumba

Aderonke Adebanjo

Aderonke Adebanjo

Temi Akingbe (Head of Marketing, House of Tara 100 Voices)

Temi Akingbe (Head of Marketing, House of Tara 100 Voices)

Bukky George

Bukky George

Enitan Rewane

Enitan Rewane

Nneka Onyewuchi

Nneka Onyewuchi

Bukky Ogunjobi

Bukky Ogunjobi

Ehime

Ehime

Sharon Ezeamaka & Daphne Akatugba

Sharon Ezeamaka & Daphne Akatugba

Enitan & Francis

Enitan Olajuigbe & Francois Sastourne (Consul General of France)

Tara Fela-Durotoye & Taiwo Durotoye

Tara Fela-Durotoye & Taiwo Durotoye

Tara Fela-Durotoye & Olajumoke Adenowo

Tara Fela-Durotoye & Olajumoke Adenowo

BN Exclusive - House of Tara 100 Voices Book Launch - July 2013 - BellaNaija 030

Olajumoke Adenowo & Bolanle Austen-Peters

Olajumoke Adenowo & Bolanle Austen-Peters

House of Tara Make-up artists - Ajoke, Amira, Anita & Enovwo

House of Tara Make-up artists – Ajoke, Amira, Anita & Enovwo

Fela Durotoye, Tara Durotoye, Ibukun Awosika & Francois Sastourne (Consul General of France)

Osayi Oruene, Fela Durotoye, Tara Fela-Durotoye, Ibukun Awosika & Francois Sastourne (Consul General of France)

Nimi Akinkugbe & Bola Adesola

Beazy Olumide, Tara Fela-Durotoye & Sharn Ezeamaka

Beazy Durotoye, Tara Fela-Durotoye & Sharon Ezeamaka

Akpo & Amaka Kentebe with Tara Fela-Durotoye

Akpo & Amaka Kentebe with Tara Fela-Durotoye

Bukky George & Osayi Oruene

Bukky George & Osayi Oruene

BN Exclusive - House of Tara 100 Voices Book Launch - July 2013 - BellaNaija 035House of Tara 100 Voices Book Launch in Lagos - July 2013 - BellaNaija 021

Omar Hafeez, Tara Fela-Durotoye & Ibukun Awosika

Omar Hafeez (CEO, Citibank Nigeria), Tara Fela-Durotoye & Ibukun Awosika

Shola Oworu

Shola Oworu & Idowu Senbanjo

House of Tara 100 Voices Book Launch in Lagos - July 2013 - BellaNaija 022

House of Tara Make-up Artists - Shakira, Abiodun, Ajoke & Ruth

House of Tara Make-up Artists – Shakira, Abiodun, Ajoke & Ruth

Tara Fela-Durotoye with Rume & Grace Onosede & Chukwu Onyeka

Tara Fela-Durotoye with Rume & Grace Onosede & Chukwu Onyeka

House of Tara Board Members - Osayi Oruene, Nimi Akinkugbe, Tara Fela-Durotoye & Ibukun Awosika

House of Tara Board Members – Osayi Oruene, Nimi Akinkugbe, Tara Fela-Durotoye & Ibukun Awosika

Fela Durotoye, Ibukun Awosika, Tara Fela-Durotoye & Simon Delatourne

Fela Durotoye, Ibukun Awosika, Tara Fela-Durotoye & Simon Delatourne

House of Tara Beauty Reps. - Ogochukwu, Tina, Vivian, Vera, Efe, Bolanle, K...iza, Bukky, Abimbola

House of Tara Beauty Reps. – Ogochukwu, Tina, Vivian, Vera, Efe, Bolanle, K…iza, Bukky, Abimbola

House of Tara 100 Voices Book Launch in Lagos - July 2013 - BellaNaija 039

Watch a touching and inspiring documentary on the House of Tara 100 Voices

1. Chika

July 8, 2013 at 11:12 am

Nice event!!!!

2. jinkelele

July 8, 2013 at 11:13 am

kai, hate it when other peoples tears make me cry

3. Tess

July 8, 2013 at 11:16 am

Thank you Tara for being a quiet inspiration to many women. God bless you for being an instrument of blessing to all the young men and women who have been nurtured and empowered by your company. More grease…

• HoneyFromGH

July 8, 2013 at 1:08 pm

well is it me or anybody else notice that tara looks like uche jumbo.?

• Justanopinion

October 2, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Yes she does..kinda 🙂

4. Diva

July 8, 2013 at 11:19 am

Very inspiring

5. Www.myhairmybeautyNIGERIA.com

July 8, 2013 at 11:23 am

This is amazing! As someone in the beauty business, I am inspired by Tara and House of Tara

6. Chick on fire

July 8, 2013 at 11:50 am

Really lovely. Welldone.

7. Titi

July 8, 2013 at 11:55 am

am inspired to do something similar like this to help other women too.

8. chizzweightlossdiary

July 8, 2013 at 12:08 pm

So so touching, Tara God bless you and the work you do.

9. RonkisB

July 8, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Wow, just can’t stop the tears. God bless you Tara, so wish I can also be a part of these success stories.

10. LYNAz Makeover

July 8, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Never been more proud to be associated with this brand than now, God bless this wonderful woman, God bless the House of Tara crew

11. Sweet baby

July 8, 2013 at 12:47 pm

ZAPPHAIRE events and house of tara doing great things

12. Gistyinka Blog

July 8, 2013 at 12:48 pm

great achievement.

13. alice

July 8, 2013 at 12:49 pm

ok i just embarrassed my self with tears…God bless u tara

14. comment awaiting moderation

July 8, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Nice event @ Nneka Ojibinua you don’t go on such hair cut,with such shape of …

15. damepenelope

July 8, 2013 at 1:47 pm

This is true success..making a difference in the lives of others.Thanks Tara.

16. jcsgrl

July 8, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Wow! Exactly the kind of stuff I need to see this morning. I have to leave a legacy for my children and generation in Jesus name.

17. pynk

July 8, 2013 at 1:58 pm

God bless this woman! If for nothing, she has equipped women with their own livelihood.

18. GreenDiamond

July 8, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Giving back is very important..God bless u tara

19. Mami

July 8, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Great event.

20. sco-sco

July 8, 2013 at 2:47 pm

This is sooooooooo sooooooooo wonderful! Tara keep being an inspiration. I wish more people would watch this and comment. Sadly many young people are drawn to the celebrity gossip stories and will comment like that is the only thing we have to do. Be inspired today and let’s make this new week a worthwhile one

21. Godslove22

July 8, 2013 at 3:16 pm

This woman is awesome, she has come a long way to where she is now……..Truly one of Naija’s influences people….. Job well done Mrs. Durotoye

22. Amanda

July 8, 2013 at 3:16 pm

May God bless Tara and her family. She and her husband are inspirational and exemplary!!!

23. Nene Leakes

July 8, 2013 at 3:37 pm

This is touching…..Now I dey vex go start my own business. But on the real this is the kind of person that should appear on Oprah, Times etc.

24. Vics

July 8, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Lol at Fela’s questions…i just love these two. Talk about a couple supporting each other 100 percent you get Fela and Tara Durotoye. These two are a bundle of inspiration. Good stuff!

25. Sylvia

July 8, 2013 at 5:59 pm

So touching, bless you Tara.

26. Chichi

July 8, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Wow this looks like something Mary Kay did for women…awesome!

27. kilipot

July 8, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Gosh. So inspired… I used to be a rep,( when funke was still with HOT and the only branch was the one at okoawo) I dropped off cos i got a good paying job not relating to makeup..although i am retraining at the moment.. I just realised i am still passionate about selling make that I can sell my tara lip glosses and powder, make cool cash and invest my salary in something else.. I love the 2 in 1 gloss( i cant remember the name- it was at that time when they had just 2 types) Gosh, I remember i made so much money in my final year from tara products almost 50% profit. Ì think I should say thankyou in arrears.. I am re-inspired. God bless u Tara. ( i hope reps still have fantastic profit margin) ps. I see beazy. Where is Olumide.

28. Summer days

July 8, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Omg, God bless Tara! This is simply amazing. Made me tear up so much. Everyone deserves a chance, not only privileged folks. Keep up the good work!!

29. Ekene Onu

July 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I had the opportunity to meet and talk with Tara first at a reading for “The Mrs Club” and then again in Lagos in her office. Each time I was struck by how down to earth she was and open, because she had already made a name for herself when I met her. She has a true heart for people and a serious drive for excellence. She continues to inspire me and others and I am raising my glass to her and saying “Well done mama! Go get it…”

30. Seyi

July 9, 2013 at 1:17 am

This is very beautiful and inspiring!

31. Miss Mo

July 9, 2013 at 4:21 am

Always nice and encouraging to see successful people give back and empower others. God bless you in return. We need to follow suit and lend a helping hand especially to the less privileged.

32. TimesAreHard

July 9, 2013 at 7:52 am

NIMI AKINKUGBE! IBUKUN AWOSIKA!! TARA DUROTOYE!!! BIG GIRLS

33. Lowla Dee

July 9, 2013 at 9:49 am

This is how an enterprise should be run. The impact a company has on society feels greater than its monetary benefits most times…

34. Deedee

July 9, 2013 at 10:47 am

Tara u really are an inspiration, keep up the good work,God bless you and your family

35. Msunderstood

July 10, 2013 at 5:36 am

Sounds like Mary Kay business in 57 countries of the world.
    Good job.

36. Ani

July 10, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I love people that inspire positively. We need more of this in our decaying society. Thank you Tara and God bless you.

37. nigeriawillbegreat

July 10, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Wow, Tara you are a queen and a true inspiration. Thank you, for giving back. And, all these women look beautiful. Black is TRULY beautiful.

38. nigeriawillbegreat

July 10, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I’ve watched this three times. Tara, thank you so much for giving these ladies opportunities. For helping them to be independent, and see that there’s another hope. May God continue to bless you more. I love people with golden heart. Now, I’m your number one fan.

39. last czar

July 11, 2013 at 6:00 pm

This is a very inspiring story. Back in Dec 2006 I came home from the States to have my traditional wedding. Everyone told me to book the elite make up artist, however she was booked and then a cousin referred Tara. I was skeptical about getting my make up done on the day of the event without actually doing a trial. And most people were like people here dont offer those services and you would probably have to pay. Anyway I called Tara and she was more than helpful and told me to come to the studio. To cut the long story short, I got the trial done for free and she was secured for the event. In the little time I spent with her, she was very nice and professional. I liked the fact she was welcoming to the idea of doing a run through first, other vendors may have seen it as given away a freeby, however I saw it as great customer service.