News

Hotel Cleaner Caught on Camera Looking through Guest’s Belongings – VIDEO

maid

Are you one of those guests that leaves your luggage unlocked and your personal belongings in full view when you leave your hotel room? Well, after watching this video, you just might want top make sure to lock away your personal items when you’re not around.

A guest, Vince Stravix who recently stayed at a hotel, left his laptop camera to record while he was away from the room.

When Stravix returned to the hotel and played the footage recorded by his laptop, he was shocked at what he saw. The  house keeper who was cleaning the room looked through his personal belongings. The video shows her opening his luggage, trying to log on to his laptop and tablet, and looking at a package he received, Daily Mail reports.

Stravix posted the video on Youtube on November 8th, and it already has over 1 million views.

Check it out:

1. Bella

November 11, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Na wa o. Abeg name and shame the hotel o. what kind of shameless behaviour is this, zero respect for personal privacy.

2. ak

November 11, 2014 at 2:22 pm

LOL.

GBEBORUN!

I’m sure she was just bored though…

Lots of these househelps and cleaners would do the same thing.

Even US… WE LOOK THROUGH OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS BELONGINGS WHEN THEY’RE NOT AROUND… lol (Cellphone picture/ Text messages. I know you all do..)

The important thing is that SHE DID NOT STEAL…

• Just an opinion

November 11, 2014 at 4:07 pm

ak…speak for yourself. If you have issues of lack of boundaries and lack of respect for privacy you own it and leave others. I’m proud to declare that I don’t snoop around other people’s stuff . Why did they cover her face? she’ would probably steal if she had found something. Curiosity kills the cat.

• ak

November 12, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Speak for your own self too

“She would probably steal if she found something”- Maybe you didn’t notice the ipad, or laptop or her going through his suitcase,

Please stop with all your self righteousness.

Let us know when you have a boyfriend / girlfriend / child, and you STILL HAVE NEVER GONE THROUGH THEIR STUFF.

MSSCHEEWWW

• Tyshon't'shon-shon-Quavion Avery

November 12, 2014 at 8:21 pm

you are sad and pathetic, you bring shame to those who love you, which are few in numbers. your friends make fun of you, and your family makes excuses for you. you are a sad, sad, sad excuse for a human being. there are medical laws in several states and holland that could help you. no wait, they could help us.

3. Ann

November 11, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Choi…ndi oshi….

4. ndy

November 11, 2014 at 2:26 pm

na wa o… i hope their camera wont be rolling when husband and wife are together sha.

• madam ndy

November 11, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Please don’t be one of Nigeria’s problem. Do read through notes before commenting. Camera was placed there by the guests himself!

5. Asgrl

November 11, 2014 at 2:29 pm

This was so unnecessary. It seems to be she was just curious. Yes it was an invasion of his privacy, but if she wanted to steal his shit she could have. F****g drama queen.

• alviscali

November 12, 2014 at 9:12 am

wtf u talking about…since when has it EVER been ok to go through another person’s stuff without their consent……u are part of society’s problem if u think this is ok

6. Amyyy

November 11, 2014 at 2:44 pm

This is serious and she might not actually be looking for anything, just being inquisitive for nothing. I could go round and about my friends’ things when am in their house and i dont do it to take anything but just to know whats new&bla and yeah they do same to me (i know it’s not same with this video bcos this girl is suppose to be strictly professional, stay away from clients’ belongings and clean and get out) And am very guilty of leaving my stuffs ajar when in a hotel. I still praise and admire them when i come back and see my things well arranged not knowing this sorta ransack would have taken place.

7. baboushka

November 11, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I don’t care if I am staying at a motel, B&B or a five star hotel my luggage stays locked when I am out and I keep it in such a way that I can tell if it has been tampered with. One more thing guys do not leave your very personal grooming items like toothbrushes on the bathroom counters keep them under lock and key in your suitcase when going out before one nasty cleaner go come use am to scrub toilet and yes it happens…

• debz

November 11, 2014 at 3:15 pm

I sure do keep my toiletries under lock and key! The thought of using toilet brush …..arrgghh!!!!!!

8. ATL's finest

November 11, 2014 at 3:18 pm

This is exactly the reason why I don’t let anyone clean my hotel room except me. “Don’t disturb” sign is for a reason. I’m not a messy person but they tend to place things in the wrong spot & shit like this is total RUDE to do without permission let alone to a stranger.

9. nikky

November 11, 2014 at 3:48 pm

na naija this one happen? I was even expecting to see her dancing as she went about looking inquisitively at stuffs. woulda been a lot more interesting.

10. Omo1

November 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Stupid girl.. Why are they trying to cover her identity. Let her be put to shame and let the likes of her learn from this

11. elleven45

November 11, 2014 at 4:19 pm

She cleaned the toilet and then touched your pillows and sheets with the same gloves. That’s more disturbing than her trying to get into the laptop.

• Beeyin

November 11, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Why steal comment from other Youtubers?? hehehehe

• FinchleysFinest

November 12, 2014 at 11:54 am

Never steal comments from Youtube… Its a bad habit. hian…. People no longer think for themselves . hahahahah

12. Nikky

November 11, 2014 at 4:45 pm

on behalf of the guest and just watching this and remembering all my recent hotel stay, i feel violated. Yes, she may not have intended to take anything, yes, she may have been just curious but it doesnt excuse her behavior. This is pure invasion of privacy and for someone like me who values my privacy, it could make me never use any of the things she touched. its wrong. and trying to justify her actions as curiosity, its curiosity that killed the cat as they say. curiosity could have turned into trying out and then taking if she had found something valuable and easy to take without being noticed.

i hope she was reported and fired on the spot. I always tell my staff, you are a reflection of the organization you work for and if i see the name of this hotel, it will always be etched in my memory that they harbor “mini curiosity prone tempted to steal house keepers”. bad business already. if i see her face and she comes for a job, i will not accept cos she already misrepresented herself. one act of curiosity. one act of stupidity–and everything changes for you

Its also not a good representation of house keepers cos unlike her, there are tons of wonderful and professional house keepers with integrity.

Did it irk anyone that she was black? Another stereotypical bad behavior linked to a black person. she has just spoilt show on so many levels

13. ant

November 11, 2014 at 5:23 pm

for those saying it is just curiosity and excusing the behaviour because she didn’t ‘steal’ anything, common! This is a very basic concept in the hotel business. Staff has absolutely no business going through guest’s belongings. it does not matter what type of hotel or motel it may be. This looks like a higher end establishment and some things are expected. The behaviour is not excusable in any way, no matter how this is analysed. The hotel name should be put on full blast and she should definitely lose this job.

14. akuajunwa

November 11, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Why is camera in de room for christ sake. That what I called invasion of privacy

• madam akuajunwa

November 11, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Can you NOT read??

• akuajunwa

November 12, 2014 at 7:19 am

I can not read o.what I nice way to correct one and u also sounds too personal

• akuajunwa

November 12, 2014 at 7:23 am

Take it easy ok.nobi every body see road go school.De see school make I dey see money lolz

• ify

November 12, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I think its the camera from the laptop.. Not one installed by the hotel. It’s pretty obvious.

15. Duchess

November 11, 2014 at 9:05 pm

To those saying she didn’t steal anything… Did it occur to you that maybe she was looking for “information” rather than actual items… She could have been looking for bank account info, credit card info, etc. Think: why was she so intent on getting on the laptop and tablet?!?! In the US, your social security number is priceless! One’s life is literally over if your social gets in the hands of frauds. They will buy houses, take out loans… Essentially Live their life in your name and you will be held responsible for ALL their bills.. And here is the kicker — there is nothing you can do to stop them. Even the government can’t help because you only get one social for life!!!!! ! So what the housekeeper is doing is grounds for legal action because who knows if this is how she goes stealing people’s information.

16. me

November 11, 2014 at 9:13 pm

they wrote on screen that she was accessing a laptop but they did not show up the laptop, dont believe the hype they are only trying to discredit her because she is black why don’t they do that to the real people who steal as chamber maids they know themselves…. do not be fooled by the video. I think they are using the video as a ploy to get black maids out of work this xmas

• Bee

November 11, 2014 at 10:13 pm

You sure can NOT read!

“A guest, Vince Stravix who recently stayed at a hotel, left his laptop camera to record while he was away from the room.”

He used his laptop for the recordings so how else, do you expect to see the laptop mbok!

• Jy

November 11, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Na wa for you sha

• Munachiiii

November 11, 2014 at 10:38 pm

LOL, This is funny. The laptop she was trying to access is what it is being recorded from. READ. It says the patron left his laptop camera to record. Na simple, no be complex oo.

• Duchess

November 11, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Bwahahahahahaa! Please tell me you are kidding?????? Why must folks like you tie everything back to race?!? Chineke, it must be a talent to draw racial connections, as a justification, where there are none. Please answer this — how could they have shown the laptop when it was the laptop recording the video?!??!?!

• Viv

November 12, 2014 at 12:06 am

Can’t you read?? The guest’s laptop was what was used to record the episode so when he was really close to the webcam was when she was tryna access the laptop. Read properly before commenting. You’re welcome

• Fashionista

November 12, 2014 at 12:20 am

But me, what is wrong with you na? They did not “show up” the laptop because the laptop IS the recording device, hence why her face was zoomed in when she was looking at it. Everything IS NOT a conspiracy theory against blacks abeg, Kai!

• Queen

November 12, 2014 at 2:59 am

And the iPad? Luggage she opened?
      I can see housemaids have found a way to get on here.
      The fact that you do this to your madam and Oga doesn’t mean you should come here and try to dismiss it as something everyone should turn a blind eye on.

• ify

November 12, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Because she is black?..smh..everything just has to be about race..

• Tyshon't'shon-shon-Quavion Avery

November 12, 2014 at 8:00 pm

It isn’t often when we come across an idiot such as yourself so we should take notice. You are neither a gentleman nor a scholar. Thank god for people like you, society will always need losers to pickup our trash and change bed pans. A simpleton could be your boss. Your IQ must be around 50. Sadly you likely vote, wait maybe not. It is more likely that you are a felon. You are a sad excuse for a human being and you bring shame to everyone around you. You are too dumb to change. Oh well, we cant all be winners. Keep losing just like this woman and keep saying dumb stuff. It entertains us.

17. Somebody

November 11, 2014 at 9:44 pm

@duchesss, err that is just not true! You can get a replacement social security number if yours gets lost or is stolen. It states it right there somewhere on the websites. And something CAN be done and IS done about identity theft if you report it.

18. Viv

November 12, 2014 at 12:06 am

When she was***

19. Ogo

November 12, 2014 at 9:38 am

I will never forget the situation i Had in Kempinski Hotel Dubai, My friend and I came back to the Hotel late in the evening from our daily activites, i go in to take a shower, lifted up my body shop sponge, only to see it full of HAIRRRRR!!!! As in, black lebanese-like kinda hair, gosh i wanted to die.. it was disgusting.. apparently someone had taken a shower using my sponge and didnt clean it out… i still will never forget that experience, i called house keeping, tried to make a wahala but then again my friend i was with begged me not to as the person might loose his job, i was like, and shld damn well loose it, i sha decided to drop the case as we were leaving the next day but i must confess i felt soooo violated ehn…… felt like i was raped but a disgusting freak…… God help us and our excessive Hotel living….XOXO

20. Ogo

November 12, 2014 at 10:03 am

I will never forget the situation i Had in Kempinski Hotel Dubai, My friend and I came back to the Hotel late in the evening from our daily activities, i go in to take a shower, lifted up my body shop sponge, only to see it full of HAIRRRRR!!!! As in, black lebanese-like kinda hair, gosh i wanted to die.. it was disgusting.. apparently someone had taken a shower using my sponge and didnt clean it out… i still will never forget that experience, i called house keeping, tried to make a wahala but then again my friend i was with begged me not to as the person might loose his job, i was like, and shld damn well loose it, i sha decided to drop the case as we were leaving the next day but i must confess i felt soooo violated ehn…… felt like i was raped but a disgusting freak…… God help us and our excessive Hotel living….XOXO

21. papa_adex

November 12, 2014 at 10:09 am

@Vince Stravix , you are very wrong to upload such video. The hotel should sue you to law court for deformation of character. She never committed a crime. Probably she is cleaning your laptop and tablet .On the other hand , she might be checking your paper package to know if is a wasted material that she may pack away from the room. Moreover she is a cleaner. She never committed a crime.

22. akuajunwa

November 12, 2014 at 10:32 am

Don’t my people with bad mind. De poor cleaner was busy doing her job she didn’t steal
    eny garbage from de mother fucker.

• Tyshon't'shon-shon-Quavion Avery

November 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm

You are doomed to living a life on welfare, WIC, Snap, and other government programs. Where does the chip on your shoulder come from? Do you not get enough free stuff? Aw, you never had a dad, and neither do your kids do they. You say “I take care of my kids’ but they would starve if it was left up to you to feed, shelter, and clothe your lil children. You are a failure and you know it.. Thank god for people like you, society will always need losers to ask if we want fries with that. But you would still get it wrong, wouldn’t you. Oh well, we cant all be winners. Keep losing just like this woman and keep saying dumb stuff. It entertains us.

23. adex

November 12, 2014 at 11:27 am

i dont subscribe to all your comments, how sure are you that she was checking you laptop and tablet and not that shes only helping you to clean the dust? also d luggage how sure are you that shes not only helping to arrange it properly? also why did you kept your camera on in the first place?definately you also have something off your sleeve. becareful what you upload on youtube

• Tyshon't'shon-shon-Quavion Avery

November 12, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Did you mother drop you on your head as a child? This is how OJ got off for murder. Has anyone in your family ever been successful at anything other than standing in line for a hand out? Sad that people end up as dumb as you. If the person was white would you say the same thing? No, of course not, cause you are ignorant and racist.

24. LILO

November 12, 2014 at 2:51 pm

All of you saying this maid was just curious….are a bunch of pathetic lot making excuses for a thief. Has if occurred to you that she has probably done this in every guest room and chooses not to steal unless she finds what’s can be stolen? Cash, makeup, jewelry etc? This is an invasion of guests’ privacy and she should be fired.

• ak

November 12, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Don’t take it too personal.

Of course she should be fired (She is a professional and she was snooping through someone else’s stuff)
      but she should not be labelled a thief because she DID NOT STEAL

Plain and simple.

Go and sleep,
      ok?

25. Opsy

November 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Why didn’t she change the sheets after snooping? Lol