Events

On the Scene at D’banj’s Cocktail Party for Bono | Seyi Shay, M.I, Waje & More Attend

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

IMG-20150831-WA0015

We’ve brought you the first photos (click here if you missed it) and now it’s time for the official photos from D’banj’s cocktail party for Bono.

The U2 band leader and ONE.org co-founder was in Lagos for a couple of days.

D’Banj hosted the legendary rock star and the ONE.org team at the Osborne Foreshore Boat Club in Ikoyi on Thursday evening.

Stars and celebrities were all in attendance at this event as there were musical performances from Waje, Seyi Shay, Victoria Kimani, Diamond Platnumz and the host of the night was raving hype man Jimmie.

See photos below.

image1 (3) image2 (4) image1 (6) image1 (5) IMG-20150831-WA0009 image1 (2) image3 (1) image3 (2) image5 (2) image4 (4) image8 (1) image10 (1) image2 (3) image7 IMG-20150831-WA0008 image5 image4 IMG-20150831-WA0001 image5 (1) image3 (4) IMG-20150831-WA0014 image1

Adesola is a BellaNaija editor and Voltron. Yes, things are that serious for her when it comes to BellaNaija.com. She's a lover of gist, novels, music and food. She's constantly trying not to take life for granted. She spends most of her time either keeping up with the world on the Internet or sharing some acquired knowledge about digital media. To communicate with her directly, you can hit her up on: Instagram - @adesola.au Twitter - @ThisConnectd

1. O

September 2, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Ambassador D’Banj.

2. Anon

September 2, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Bono! Pretty heavy!!

3. Derin

September 2, 2015 at 7:14 pm

What kind of low quality pics are these? Pls fire your photographer

4. aikay

September 2, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Is it just me ? this bono thing looks boring and these celebs are working their butt off to mk it fun. Honestly I am not feeling the vibe at all, I guess it has to do with the organisers, dunno,,,,,,,,.

5. Waje's Fan

September 2, 2015 at 8:42 pm

WAJE. Greetings to you!

I love your voice and some of your songs but please I think your style of dressing makes you look older. I saw you at the Afropolitan Vibes Concert a few weeks back and I thought you looked like an Auntie. I will also say that your make up was too loud for that event which was a more relaxed atmosphere, especially the excess foundation and black lipstick you used.

I am not saying you should dress to expose your body but please the kimonos and kaftan looking styles you wear make you look old especially for your size. They also give the impression that you cant be bothered to find some elegant outfits or you just feel a bit tired. You could wear some fitted outfits you know and longer and more natural looking hair. Sorry that hair colour doesn’t suit you.

You are still in your mid 30s but your style makes you look 40.

This is my opinion and its the plain truth from a fan and a friend who cares. I believe friends tell the truth.

• Tosin

September 3, 2015 at 8:55 am

she’s talented, she can dress however she likes, as in, no need to be doing fakeness competition with her musical juniors AS LONG AS she’s ready to put in the work to be up there artistically.

akwai levels. #bless

6. papaadex

September 2, 2015 at 9:19 pm

@ Derin , bad bella dey worry you . Use your time for something creative ,rather than being master of critics . Good work koko master [ CEO koko Gari] .

7. Amh

September 2, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Dbanj. Biggest AFrican star.

8. Oyin

September 3, 2015 at 12:54 am

Bruno is the definition of “white saviour”
    I want to save Africa but keep mute when African refugee fleeing their country because USA and Britain decided to bomb their country are dying in bulk at sea.
    *i still don’t understand why Nigerians are part of these refugees*

9. The Bull

September 3, 2015 at 1:15 am

Eja Nla!! The big fish!

10. Tosin

September 3, 2015 at 8:49 am

when Jesus’ in the family – happy ‘appy o!