A University of Lagos (UNILAG) student named Oluchi Anekwe died on Tuesday night, after being electrocuted to death when a high-voltage wire fell on her.
The incident occurred as she was walking back to her on-campus residence, Pulse reports.
Immediately the incident occurred, she was rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, (LUTH) but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Eyewitnesses state that the pole from which the wire fell had been showing signs of faults for a while, and that the wires attached to often sparked.
Oluchi was a 300-level student of Accounting, who hailed from Enugu State.
R.I.P Oluchi. Our condolences go out to her family, loved ones, and all those affected by this tragedy.
Photo Credit: Nairaland