Career

Massive Federal Government Graduate and Non-graduate Employment Programme, Apply for the “N-Power Programme” | Registration starts June 11th

BellaNaija.com

1-2

What is N-Power?
N-Power is a job creation and empowerment initiative of the Social Investment Programme of the Federal Government of Nigeria. N-Power is designed to help young Nigerians acquire and develop life-long skills to become solution providers in their communities and to become players in the domestic and global markets.

Why N-Power?
Skills and knowledge are the driving forces of economic growth and social development. Despite the current high level of unemployment, harnessing Nigeria’s young demography through appropriate skill development efforts provides an opportunity to achieve inclusion and productivity within the country.  Large-scale skill development is the main policy thrust of the N-Power Programme.

N-Power addresses the challenge of youth unemployment by providing a structure for large scale and relevant work skills acquisition and development while linking its core and outcomes to fixing inadequate public services and stimulating the larger economy. The modular programmes under N-Power will ensure that each participant will learn and practice most of what is necessary to find or create work. The N-Power Teacher Corps involves a massive deployment of 500,000 trained graduates who will assist to improve the inadequacies in our public services in education, health and civic education.  Some of these graduates will also help in actualizing Nigeria’s economic and strategic aspirations of achieving food security and self-sufficiency.

N-Power is also preparing young Nigerians for a knowledge economy where, equipped with world-class skills and certification, they become innovators and movers in the domestic and global markets. Nigeria will have a pool of software developers, hardware service professionals, animators, graphic artists, building services professionals, artisans and others. N-Power also focuses on providing our non-graduates with relevant technical and business skills that enhance their work outlook and livelihood.

In sum, N-Power is segmented as follows:

• N-Power Teachers Corps– 500,000 graduates
  • N-Power Knowledge – 25,000 non-graduates
  • N-Power Build– 75,000 non-graduates

Who can apply?
The N-Power programme is for all eligible Nigerians looking to work gainfully. However, the initial programmes have been designed for young Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35.

What are you waiting for? Visit www.npower.gov.ng and get N-Powered.

Registration begins June 11, 2016.

Sponsored Content

1. mayor ann

June 8, 2016 at 12:08 pm

hi Bella
    I have tried logging in to the website ,unable to open,please is there any site of one can register.thanks for the infor

• Just my 1 Cents

June 8, 2016 at 7:28 pm

“Registration begins June 11, 2016”

Great initiative! Very similar to apprenticeship programs they have in other parts of the world. Glad to see this actually implemented, and I hope people actually take advantage of this program.

• Mama

June 9, 2016 at 5:16 am

It opened at my end. Try again. Could be your internet speed or maybe it was down when you treid.

2. adekunle

June 8, 2016 at 2:09 pm

Am intrested.

3. Walter Aruwa

June 8, 2016 at 3:56 pm

I love this program I think is the beginning of the change we hv bn expecting.. I presently do p.o.p ceiling design am an expert on this with 7yrs working experience and I wld like to be one of the trainer’s,I wld be glad if this opportunity is bn given to me…

4. Walter Aruwa

June 8, 2016 at 4:08 pm

Am interested

5. April

June 8, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Take time and read, read slowly… You will see registration starts 11th June so the website isn’t ready yet. Relax we are all in this together.

6. Fadipe Hakeem

June 8, 2016 at 10:33 pm

I am intrested

7. Rose Christopher Nwodili

June 8, 2016 at 10:54 pm

I am interested in the job. Thanks for this regime to bail out so many eligible unemployed youths

8. Rose Christopher Nwodili

June 8, 2016 at 11:03 pm

I like this

9. Mama

June 9, 2016 at 5:14 am

This is a great initiative. I just pray Nigerians will allow it work. Please lets not mess this with our own hands the way I saw people do with YOUWIN. For instance, it says only people between 18-35 years are eligible. I hope those who are older will not begin to falsify their age just to get in. This change we all love to chant begins with us. when we play our part then we have a genuine reason to hold the government accountable if they fail.

10. Chinedu chukwuka Moeteke

June 9, 2016 at 8:39 am

Am interested

11. salisu Adam.

June 9, 2016 at 10:18 am

Iam interested

12. vitalis kyagh

June 9, 2016 at 8:18 pm

this is the change, it is now here bravo pmb.I wish I am among the trainees, I’m a teacher by profession, I read bsc.(ed) physics.

13. Olalere Taiwo

June 9, 2016 at 10:28 pm

God will make this program to work and God will not allow them to use partiality in selecting people.

14. okon,E.George

June 10, 2016 at 9:09 am

Do holders of NCE,OND,etc falls under the category of graduate, cause non-graduate could be misleading in this context?

• Giwa

June 10, 2016 at 12:24 pm

A very good question you ask – The program me handlers have to be clear on the post(s) and qualification(s) to be applied for. In advanced society anybody with any A level certificate(s) be it NCE, DIPLOMA,OND,ND,HND,BSC and the like – is a graduate but in this context as you rightly mentioned Non – graduate is completely misleading – Wish you best of luck

• danbaki

June 29, 2016 at 3:26 pm

A graduate is a HND, BSc, BTech, holders, NCE and OND holders are not graduates,

15. macphilips awara

June 10, 2016 at 9:14 am

I like this,can one be empowered through this website

16. onuoha Lilian

June 10, 2016 at 9:51 am

can undergraduate apply for the job?

17. Bright E

June 10, 2016 at 9:54 am

this is a great opportunity, I hope it brings out the best among nigerian’s youth, let’s stick together and make this work, All for one, One for all.

18. oyerogba patrick

June 10, 2016 at 12:35 pm

This is a wonderful initiative by the Fed. Govt in aim to eradicate unemployment no doubt about it. But something is wrong somewhere and it will be good if the Govt reason with it. 500,000 Graduate Corp (NYSC) are to be employed into the Fed Educational system, what come of graduate NCE students, who are were NOT programmed to participate in NYSC but were trained by Fed Govt Professors and Lecturers in aim to be a professional teachers at Federal College of Educations nation wide. I think the Fed Ministry of Education should first consider these set of graduate (NCE Graduate) in this deployment or rather make them participate in the service call (NYSC). As it is now, it seems the programme (National Certificate of Education) is not recognized even by the Fed govt.

19. oyerogba patrick

June 10, 2016 at 12:55 pm

This is a wonderful initiative by the Fed. Govt in aim to eradicate unemployment no doubt about it. But something is wrong somewhere and it will be good if the Govt reason with it. 500,000 Graduate Corp (NYSC) are to be employed into the Fed Educational system, what come of graduate NCE students, who are were NOT programmed to participate in NYSC but were trained by Fed Govt Professors and Lecturers in aim to be a professional teachers at Federal College of Educations nation wide. I think the Fed Ministry of Education should first consider these set of graduates (NCE Graduates) in this deployment or rather make them participate in the service call (NYSC). As it is now, it seems the programme (National Certificate of Education) is not recognized even by the Fed govt and if so, let the programme be scrapped.

20. obayomi

June 10, 2016 at 1:38 pm

this is a great initiative for federal gov and Its a great pleasure for all graduate,NCE,OND, B,ED to eradicate unemployment for youth,I pray I should be among them,in Jesus name. Amen…..GOD BLESSED Nigeria

21. Ephi

June 10, 2016 at 2:41 pm

I just visited the website, quite impressed with the content and the site quality overall. I really just pray its implementation is as good as the starting point. Good luck to all the participants.

22. Ejokwu

June 10, 2016 at 2:48 pm

This is indeed a nice, but how do I apply please?

23. ike stella

June 10, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Pls i need d job.. How can i apply for it pls

24. ike stella

June 10, 2016 at 5:10 pm

I will be glad if i get this job

25. Mafala

June 10, 2016 at 6:26 pm

God bless Nigeria. God bless GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI

26. Ojedeji Taiye

June 10, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Am interested.

27. yahuza bashir beli

June 10, 2016 at 8:08 pm

we are glad about this issue

28. Adewunmi Femi

June 10, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Good program.can someone who has NCE but still awaiting B.ED result also apply for the teaching category?

29. Otor James

June 11, 2016 at 1:21 am

This programme initiated by FG is good. Please let us know if those who have just graduated from the university or equivalent and still waiting for NYSC scheme are eligible for this programme.

30. Tony ani

June 11, 2016 at 6:25 am

How do I apply please?

31. Nwaguru Roy

June 11, 2016 at 7:01 am

Good initiative but the site is not responding for registration

32. Ammy

June 11, 2016 at 9:00 am

Can i apply wit my Phone

33. Iroh maudlyn oluchi

June 11, 2016 at 9:37 am

l am an OND holder of federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri IMO state.from department of Office Tech. and Mgt.

34. Ismail Babagana Mustapha

June 11, 2016 at 11:08 am

wow this is nice I am very interested on it but are they going to consider as a normal federal govt employees, such as salary scale and other package in service commission?

35. jumoke

June 11, 2016 at 3:46 pm

What’s happening? D site isn’t coming up to register, the screen is just black after clicking on “apply now” & showing the logo of N-power only. Has any1 been able 2 get through, pls help

36. Tobi

June 11, 2016 at 7:08 pm

i was unable to register for Npower, anybody with links on how to get applied

37. Edith Mary

June 12, 2016 at 6:47 am

Dis is gud. pls, how can one apply

38. Habeeb

June 12, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Was unable to log in saying maybe d owner of d site has changed smtin and DNS of a thing too. Pls I think d site is down. Procure solution early sir

39. temitope

June 13, 2016 at 12:57 pm

cant find the apply site

40. odukoga

June 13, 2016 at 1:24 pm

some1 sud ep me oooonot open at my side here

41. fake

June 13, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Can anything real come out from federal governemt SAY Bahari @Ihaveanearinfection

42. Bbluv

June 13, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Have been trying to log in nd register but uptil now HV not seen d place,someone should pls help us o

43. Felix

June 16, 2016 at 1:30 pm

We need clarity on eligibility, graduate and non-graduate. I hold national diploma in bu$ine$$ admini$tration. Am i qualify to apply, i$ it a$ graduate or non graduate? Ur feedback pl$!

• danbaki

June 29, 2016 at 3:32 pm

yes, you ar qualified but as non-graduate

44. utong.awajiokanuche eugene

June 16, 2016 at 6:15 pm

how to apply for federal npower.gov.ng

45. Michael

June 21, 2016 at 8:22 am

I have NCE and Bsc Ed. but yet to receive my NYSC cert. Which category am i?

46. danbaki

June 29, 2016 at 3:30 pm

non-graduate, for now.

47. Rachel

July 25, 2016 at 7:19 pm

This is a beautiful initiative by the federal government. a lot of Nigerians see it as a job. It is only a training for 2yrs of which the federal government will make provision for salaries of 23k within those yrs and also offer certificates to participants. I pray Nigerians carry out the selection exercise honestly without favouritism and nepotism. I pray I get selected too

48. SALIHU HASHIMU YA'U

August 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm

I SALIHU HASHIM YA’U I LOVE DIX GOVERNMENT OF BABA BUHARI D creative dix job i love Nigerian i love my Language Proficiency: Hausa may Fulani northern brothers may people d ever leave any person came and this through your features go and find you on or go to school make want i want don’t some people please come and join this N-POWER this???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

49. micheal chilaka