CcHub‘s Pitch Drive, powered by Google for Entrepreneurs, features 14 startups from across Africa who will travel across Europe with hopes of raising €20 million in funding.
The startups will spend five weeks pitching to over 300 investors in London, UK; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Berlin, Germany; Zurich, Switzerland; and Paris, France.
The target is to raise at least €20 million, and to help them will be 6 mentors, including Jason Njoku, founder of iRoko Tv; and Sarah Drinkwater, Head of Campus, Google.
The 14 startups, selected out of 118 entries for Pitch Drive, are:
- Kudobuzz from Ghana, currently helping over 14k businesses increase sales with social verifiable reviews & SEO.
- Ongair from Kenya, a customer relationship management service for businesses to have real time conversations with customers.
- Gebeya, also from Kenya, is an online marketplace for IT talents in Africa to be found & hired.
- PiggyBank from Nigeria, enabling Nigerian debit card holders automatically save frequently.
- Gloo, another from Nigeria, is an online supermarket that handles homemakers shopping hassles saving time & energy.
- PrepClass, Nigeria, is an academic solutions provider offering students tailored learning programs.
- Tradedepot, from Nigeria, is a one-stop platform offering brands an automated route-to-market to retailers.
- LifeBank is from Nigeria and is about saving lives by mobilizing blood & making it available when needed.
- Fashpa, Nigeria, is an online platform that uses on demand manufacturing to deliver fast fashion.
- FIREFLY from Senegal is a digital advertising agency specializing in communication in public transport.
- GoMetro from South Africa is a high-growth business aimed at improving urban commuting using digital tools.
- ClinicMaster from Uganda is a healthcare management software that automates patients’ clinic transactions.
- BitFinance is from Zimbabwe and is a financial service that sells and buys BitCoins in Harare.
- RealFood from Zimbabwe is an online food service that delivers wholesome & locally sourced recipe boxes.
Photo Credit: Twitter – @Cc_Hub