Posted on Friday, February 10th, 2012 at 12:49 PM

By BellaNaija.com

On Friday 3rd February 2012, Tunde Kelani of Mainframe Film and Television Productions rolled out his new movie “MAAMi” into cinemas in Nigeria.

Over the last few months, the film has gathered accolades at screenings and festivals, now everyone head over to the cinema in their city to watch! Since the movie opened in cinemas, box office receipts have been strong and with positive word-of-mouth reports, numbers are set to keep reaching new heights.

MAAMi stars Funke Akindele, Wole Ojo and Tamilore Kuboye alongside new talent Ayomide Abatti with special guest appearances by Yinka Davies, Kayode Balogun, Fatai Rolling Dollar and Biodun Kupoluyi.

The Synopsis

Single parent, MAAMi, and her young son are desperately poor. Gifted with a living heart, enterprising spirit and brave soul, she is the centre of her son’s world, until he longs for the father he has never known – a man with a terrible secret.

Set over a two-day period, leading to the 2010 World Cup, MAAMi is an inspiring story of a poor, conscientious single parent’s struggles to raise her only child, Kashimawo who eventually, rises to intrnational stardom in an English football club, Arsenal, and becomes a national hero.

Adapted by Tunde Babalola, from Femi Osofisan’s novel of the same name, this film about love, perseverance and fate unfolds through Kashimawo’s reminiscences of his hardscrabble childhood in the southern Nigerian town, Abeokuta.

MAAMi is presently showing in Silverbird and Genesis Deluxe Cinemas in Nigeria.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 30 Comments on “Tunde Kelani’s “MAAMi” starring Funke Akindele, Wole Ojo & Tamilore Kuboye Now in Cinemas across Nigeria”

Comments
    • dapo February 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Ahhh! Combo of Tunde Kelani and Funke Akindele, that is crazy. Two giants! I gats to watch this. Is it showing at galleria?

• Bolanle February 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM

looks interesting! :D

• AHOW February 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Yayyyyy!!! Tami Kuboye!!! Cant wait to watch…

• October February 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Funke Akindele..love her,she is phenominal. In England,cant watch at the moment but hope it comes out on dvd.

• funmi February 10, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Please can i get to watch it at city mall?

• kerry February 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM

remind me of my luv for my mother… anyone wey try my mama go park well go gbobi.

• Adebisi February 10, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Wow cant wait to see this

• Dewunmi February 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Can you imagine, this movie moved me to tears. Even oyinbo movies never moved me to tears before. Damn! I never knew I was so soft.

• tama February 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM

LOL , i have found a crying mate .i hardly watch movies because all i do is cry all tru. even when watching cartoons .. as in its that bad *coversface*

• CaRaMeL SeXy NoNi February 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM

This is Lovely Movie, twas was fantastically written and competently acted, i loved it to bit……..Take a picture wiv ur MAMA today!

• annie February 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Funke akindele is talent not talented o she is talent itself.People say she’s ugly,when has talent been based on ugliness do u knw how many fat and ugly people is in hollywood,if not for surgery.
      This gal is talent

• boo February 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Another movie that will not make it to DVD…..we away pple have been cut out again

• Amope February 10, 2012 at 5:24 PM

As in!!!!!!!! Bless you! Someone needs to start considering those that are away now. See how long I waited for the Figurine to come out, water come pass garri. Hian!

Pls producers and directors bring out the dvds so we too can enjoy

• Ijeoma February 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM

The Figurine is finally out on DVD! It came out last year. I just bought a copy, just when I thought I too would never see it. But now drink and be merry for if it can happen to me, it can happen to you :-)

• Purpleicious Babe February 11, 2012 at 2:43 AM

looks interesting…

hate the voice over.. why do males have to keep advertising most of the movies??? voice no longer attractive but boring jor(lol, dont know if women will do a better job, or maybe a robot can lol. only kidding)……..

nonetheless, funke akindele any movie she dey, i go watch am.. she is a good (forget that) she is an AWESOME actress…

• gals February 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM

gats to watch em……

• Africhic February 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I watched this movie on saturday based on some recommendations from people here. Needless to say i was disappointed the picture and sound was really poor. The only redeeming qulaity of the movie was Funke Akindele she was fantastic. The others were just blah!

• Abisola Ojo February 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM

@africhic, where did you watch the film?

• olabisi bamgbose February 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM

nice movie,kudos to mainframe

• dolapo taiwo February 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

There would be an autograph session with Tunde Kelani and stars of MAAMi tomorrow Sat Feb 18 at the silverbird galleria Lagos. Visit http://www.facebook.com/tundekelanimainframe for details

• jobs in nigeria March 1, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Mainframe movies are always very exceptional and classy, kudos to tunde kelani and his crew, the man is truly talented..

• Waheed Salami March 5, 2012 at 7:58 PM

This man is truly bless and talented .. i dnt have to miss movie ..

• segun abdullai March 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM

would love 2 av dis on my pc i swear

• jide March 16, 2012 at 5:20 AM

funke akindele deserves an oscar nomination for this role. awesome movie. brought tears tomy eyes. iya ni wura loto

• wemimo March 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM

the movie was interesting,I jst watchd it…funke Akindele,U re indeed a talent.

• webb March 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Lovely movie, exceptional as usual.

• Owolabi July 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Tunde kelani good director,funke good actress.so,d two in one film.she ‘s indeed atalent! the movie brought tears to ma o.nice film jare…

• OKANLAWON July 22, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I nevA knew I ws so weak bt cnt blame mysef, z 4 d luv of my mum.jst watchd d movie ystdy n I wept lik a baby. Miss u so much IYA OKANLAWON. RIP MAAMI