Posted on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 at 1:14 PM

By Damilare Aiki

Flower Girl Official Poster

If you are a fan of BellaNaija.com‘s Relationship articles, then you must be excited about Michelle Bello‘s romantic flick, Flower Girl.

Hitting the cinemas on Valentine’s day (In case you’ve forgotten its 14th of February), the movie stars Nollywood’s next generation talents including Damilola Adegbite, Chris Attoh, Eku Edewor, Bikiya Graham Douglas and Chuks Chukwujekwu as well as prominent Nollywood actors Patrick Doyle, Teni Aofiyebi and Tosan Edremoda-Ugbeye.

In December, BN brought exclusively to you a teaser for the film, now it’s time to watch the official trailer. The movie is centered around a shy florist Kemi (Damilola Adegbite), who is desperate to tie the knot with her long-time boyfriend Umar (Chris Attoh). Contrary to her expectations, Umar suddenly breaks up with her, leaving her devastated. In a desperate attempt to get him back, Kemi teams up with a most unlikely ally Tunde Kulani (Chuks Chukwujekwu), a famous playboy Nollywood star.

The Flower Girl team tells BN that the movie addresses the issue of young women who are in a hurry to get married thinking only about their prefect wedding day and not the long-term commitment required by both individuals to make it last.

This should definitely be on your must-watch 2013 list! Check it out!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 49 Comments on “Michelle Bello’s Romantic Movie “Flower Girl” starring Damilola Adegbite, Chris Attoh & Eku Edewor to premiere this Valentine’s Day! View the Official Trailer & Poster”

Comments
    • Bleed blue January 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

How about I know everything that will happen in the movie just by viewing the trailer? :(

• intheoverseas January 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM

LOL!! I thought the SAME thing! …but it would be nice to see this “african version” lol

• Toni January 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM

lol. I feel the same way.

• phantom January 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM

@bleed blue- i know, right?! You need not be a genius to know how that’ll pan out. Hopefully, it’ll be more reasonable than the usual romantic comedies/drama we get served around here.

Nice name, by the way….

• Bleed blue January 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM

phantom…are you cyber-toasting me? :) Mucho gracias anyway, loving your name too

• Nollywood REinvented January 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I find that Romantic Comedies usually all turn out the same, most don’t watch to be fascinated but just to watch it.
        nollywoodreinvented.com/2012/12/coming-soon-flower-girl.html

• Irene January 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM

nice movie!!!!!!!

• laolu January 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM

…ok..must watch.!!!!..lol

• Ms. Jayee January 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM

hmmm….not bad!

• bubu January 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM

no no no…..we r not supposed to know d whole movie from d trailer,u guys just spoilt dis thing!hope pple wld still wanna pay 2 c it tho cuz i av 2 commend d fact dat dey brought in fresh faces rather dan d normal genevieve,mercy and tonto dat we r forced 2 watch every single time!!!kudos 2 d whole team tho.

• ma January 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Why is Genevieve on this list? We rarely see her in movies, Plus, I could never get tired of seeing her on the big screen even if she were a regular…

• Msunderstood January 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I agree with ma.

• Mixi January 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Yes, it looks predictable – but guess what? Most RomComs whether Nollywood, Hollywood or Bollywood are! Don’t tell me you watched Pretty Woman and couldn’t work out the ending from the beginning. RomComs are made to delight, not to provoke thought. Also, don’t go watching RomComs expecting some Dark Knight Rises or Usual Suspects twist – ain’t gonna happen.

As for the trailer, it does what it is meant to do. Glad to see Nollywood stepping up it’s game…all this stuff in between is what is gonna take our filmaking craft to the next level. Can’t despise the day of small beginnings!

I’m excited abp

• millen January 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Thank you very much mixi. People get off hacking into things and digging holes when it’s not rocket science to just get the basic, which is, it’s a RomCom. But hey, you know how we Nigerians always go on like we know it all and coming off not really knowing it. So for those who already have seen the entire movie on a 5mins or less trailer, congrats on being grand geniuses. Kindly afford the not so smart ones like myself the joy of watching and ‘figuring’ out a movie meant to simply make me smile and giggle and feel light. But most importantly, allow the efforts of everyone who worked on this movie pay off; like hoping people go to the cinema to watch, buy original copies of the DVD when it comes out so they can make a profit from doing a honest day’s job. Above all, I hope all these movie makers begin to understand the need to give room for young people as opposed to having Omotola play a 16yr old girl regardless of her womanly curves that comes with only age and childbearing.

• e-bukun January 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Gbam!

• nnenne January 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

i’m so gonna watch it. the movie just gave me hope. my boyfriend just broke up with me and i want him back!! hope to get some tips from this movie.#sad#

• mimi January 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM

My advice concentrate on you if he really loved you and wants you back he will come back by himself. Don’t force it keep your head up and your self esteem there are plenty of fish in the sea

• yoyo January 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM

nenne you are one hilarious babe!! LOL… oh btw, this movie will most definitely not give you the hope you’re looking for.. Sorry boo but you’re just gonna have to get over him the old fashioned way :(

• Billionair in Dollars January 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I hope the movie is a success…it looks great and love the new guy who is apparently a super star in d movie.He looks great and handsome.

• babious January 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM

why was her hair looking tattered initially? is that how a florist look normally?smh,nollywood never cease to amaze me.

• dont mention January 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM

love all the names in de movie….abeg make ei comot kwik, cant wait to see it….
      vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• Autoprincess January 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Surprisingly, I like.

• Tiki January 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM

This looks really promising! I’m glad Temilola got out of Tinsel, if this is what comes out of it!

• nich January 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM

who sang the song in the movie……

• Domzy January 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM

It’s by the Ghanaian singer Efya and it’s called ‘Best In Me’

• Bamz January 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I’m TOTALLY looking forward to this. I just love love Damilola Adegbite & Chris Attoh. I saw them in 6hrs to christmas & they were AWESOME together. Dami is such a beautiful actress; I love the humor she brings to the screen; her delivery is so on point. *Btw I think Dami should hook up with Chris; they’d make such beautiful babies*

• i'm obsessed with black magic voice January 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I can never ask a guy to take me back,except if the fault is mine….that my only pride!

• Joan January 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Don’t complain, people. I figured out the ending already, but I STILL want to see the movie. That’s what romantic comedies are all about! :)

• Retrochic January 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

@nnenne can u please wake up, ur boyfriend is gone

• ikunkun January 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM

hehehehe…….odikwa very harsh na!! lmao. na real slumber she dey.
        3 E-gbosas for you jere retrochic

• Choice January 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Can’t wait,it seems educating.

• fashionandstylepolice January 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Look really nice. I cant wait to see it.

• Priscy January 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Who is the new hot guy in the movie..i’m fan already. Fresh faces, nollywood is really stepping up. it’s about time

• nnenne January 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM

@Retrochic, that’s the harsh reality that i’m trying so hard to accept. we are still friends sha. if it’s meant to be, it will but if not a better guy will surely come along. but gosh!! i loved that like mad. he was just confused and indecisive.

• Wow January 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM

OMG! I love it but have to wait a while for we naijas in diaspora to watch it (if it ever comes out on DVD *sigh*). Love the title song as well

• ola January 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM

great..

gistyinka.com

• midas January 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM

err all ye know alls…. romcoms are basically about love winning in the end!!! this is one premier i’d like to be at,how do i get a ticket Bella?

• sasyxcassie January 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM

i love the soundtrack of the movie. As for the movie, well, i wont judgee it till i watch it. I just hope it lives up to the hype . Chris Attoh is a tall glass of water. jes saying…

• Tiki January 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Damilola, sorry. Lol, dunno what I was thinking!

• Cool cat January 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM

EKY is good to take picture and wear clothes, acting…not so much. Production looks good but we need to work on our make up, accident does not give black eye. Tanx

• looters January 22, 2013 at 7:12 PM

so much over acting from damilola my gad

• Sarah January 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I see you Nollywood !!!

• Somi January 22, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I’d like to see this movie. I’m sure it will be sweet and light and entertaining. I’d see it for the cute actor guy alone. Hot new face.

lagosromanceseries.com

• Bukky January 22, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Predictable ending!!

• beeess January 22, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I think Chris Attoh is about to be my new LUST interest… Whoosh! Fine, BEAUTIFUL DARK SKINNED man…Heyyyy!!

• Baby j January 23, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Yap dis is wonderfully beauriful and i cannt even wait to c it. Dammy is realy setting d paste nd steping up to d zenith.

• ME January 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Cant wait to see…………………………………..Chuks is HOT!!!

• AMA January 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM

@Nnenne i totally agree with you, if its meant to be he would come back but meanwhile try to occupy yourself and mind with other important things, and move on don’t sit down and wait for him to come else you would get ur dreams and heart crushed again if he doesnt . I know what its like have been on that track b4. in other news nice movie i love the cast already.

• Iy January 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Sound like “mrs somebody movie with out the comedy part but will look forward to this