News

FAB WEEKEND

BellaNaija.com

Hey Everyone!!!!
How was your week? I won’t lie, my week was long! Lots and lots of work…Seriously, Thank God its Friday! Its time for some bellanaija weekend luv….Let’s Go!!!

Here are some random clicks….
Click HERE to vote for the Nigerian musical stars nominated for this year’s Channel O African Music Video Awards…Nominees include Dare Art-Alade, Lagbaja, D’Banj, 2Face Idibia, Mode 9, Sauce Kid and DJ Jimmy Jatt……Vote now and support our Nigerian talent…

Some newly discovered buzzworthy Nigerian blogs…
BGT Live
Young wife and mother…This blog takes you through the life and times of BGT…as she experiences life as a young Nigerian wife and mother (she got married at 21)…she and her husband’s story is worth a read! Click HERE and HERE for Part 1 and 2 of the story…Gripping stuff o!

Absolut Island
Paris Hilton…..Lagos Style……This is a blog about a young chick having fun in Lagos…Lots of stories about days and nights out at Saipan, Bacchus, The Palms, La Casa, Churasco’s, Pichalomondo……Infact, all the Lagos hot spots….check it out

Here are some very HOT random hits……
2Face IdibiaFor Instance
Finally! 2Face’s new song……Kind of different, socially conscious song! I actually like it but don’t think it’ll have the same impact as African Queen and Ole…His new album should be out by September…I’m sure it’ll be packed with some surefire hits! Make sure u buy the album when it hits stores!

Amplifyd Feat EldeeNaija Until I Die
Hot, Hot, Hot song! Wow! Amplifyd is really bringing the heat on this one….I’ll say it once again…their music is LIVE….I will definitely buy their album whenever it comes out!

Remedies Feat. PasumaJealousy
Classic song of the week by the Remedies (Eedris, Tony Tetuila & Eddy Montana)….This is an old song but its so funny!!!! Listen out for when the Pasuma guy says ‘Calvin Cleaaan’…lol…only in naija……

*this dullop of weekend luv is dedicated to my dear friend, B….u r a constant source of inspiration and the definition of a great man…Much luv….
Wow, this is a loooonnnngg post…It should be enough to entertain u for the whole weekend! Be good! Have a fab weekend…Ciao……

So what do y’all think about the recommended blogs, the random hits…anything…?

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.com Follow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Bijouxoxo

August 25, 2006 at 6:28 am

Lovely pictures. The bride looks absolutely stunning. They look so happy. She was my senior in school, all of them (her sisters) look so much alike.

2. Bijouxoxo

August 25, 2006 at 6:29 am

Looks like she sang/ recited a poem for her hubby. Nice. The joy is obvious on their faces.

3. nosa101

August 25, 2006 at 8:57 am

i expected to see my blog there but anyway i am feeling the naija paris hilton

4. LondonBuki

August 25, 2006 at 9:49 am

Nice wedding pictures, the couple looks so happy! I saw a picture of my sis there… lol 🙂

I’ll check out those blogs later.

Have a nice weekend 🙂

5. Dimples

August 25, 2006 at 11:31 am

Congratulations to the bride and groom…gosh!!! they looked SO SO lovely..I just thank God cos they looked very religious….there seemed to be some serious fire for fire prayers going down @ the church service…well it’s all good..cos prayer is sha the key.
    Anyhow 2face new song heard it not bad…but totally agree with you..don’t think the new album is going to match up with his Face2 Face album…at least it’s better than “I’m so Proud to be African”..:(
    Now Amplifyd on the other hand are just too MAD!!!!…loving the new tune…Eldee good look out for this guys men ..good work…….Biola and the guys..the sky is definitely your limit…holla at a sister and let’s do something in this dry Jand.

Men don’t mess with jealousy oh that song was a hit when it came out in a Naija…the video is even more hysterical.

To all have a fab weekend…we in England have the long bank holiday carnival weekend to look forward to…enjoy and God Bless

Well done Bella yet again.

6. Paris

August 25, 2006 at 3:31 pm

Thankx for the mention Bella. We bloggers have got to stick together.

From Paris,
    with love.

7. Mona

August 25, 2006 at 4:43 pm

haha nonny was my jnr in qc o…shes pretty

thanks for the info and free jams

8. Don Chi a.k.a. Blog Marley

August 25, 2006 at 4:48 pm

hey BN. What it do? You’ve been tagged. http://game-tag.blogspot.com. Have fun widdit!

9. Belle

August 25, 2006 at 5:14 pm

beautiful bride, beautiful wedding..!
    The expression on her husbands face as she sang… priceless!

10. ToyinE

August 25, 2006 at 5:20 pm

Emmm… thought those piccies were cliassified! Anyways, BN nice blog!!! This actually was my first visit here and im afraid i might get sacked for all the loud laughs and the visible Internet pages for all and sundry to view. Anyways, love it, will bookmark it and will def. be back!

11. Anonymous

August 25, 2006 at 6:17 pm

so far read the absolut blog…yawn..just another chick writing about material stuff..I can always go to vogue/elle/tatler for that!

Love your blog bella

12. Ehi

August 25, 2006 at 6:41 pm

@ Mona she was not our jnr in high school o, she graduated 2 yrs earlier…lol.

13. Anonymous

August 25, 2006 at 7:17 pm

Bella, did you remove the wedding site, I want to see now! i read ur blog earlier in the day at work and Now that I am home I want to relax and view weddings pictures…..but i cant find them

14. Adaure

August 25, 2006 at 9:55 pm

Yeah Bella.. where is the wedding link. I saw it too but could not open it at work. Did the owners threaten to file suit? Lol… abeg do the internal passing along of info by emailing a sister. Meanwhile Ms. Paris’s blog looks like something i’ll like(at anon above ain’t nothing wrong with materialism and liking the finer things as long as it doesn’t control your life, you aint starving yourself and kids or killing people over it)

And the Jealousy song brings back memories yo… been a while since i heard that jam and I am surprised at how the lyrics were just flowing…especially teh Pasuma part…lol…(fasachi tabi ‘Kailveen Clean’…CLASSIC)
    I am shocked at how I actually thought Remedies was the bomb back then because I absolutely cannot stand Tony and Eedris.

15. NaijaBloke

August 25, 2006 at 10:32 pm

Bella ..that was one hell of a story ..I really got smth from the story.

Jealousy was the bomb then o ..

16. Anonymous

August 25, 2006 at 10:55 pm

@ adaure aint nothing wrong with materialism its just tired thats all

17. Anonymous

August 25, 2006 at 11:06 pm

@ dat stupid anon….
    go read ur own blog then….what r u looking for here…go and buy ur stupid magazines…and lets have peace…..who told u we are tired of this blog anyway…..

18. TaureanMinx

August 26, 2006 at 12:25 am

Glad I saw the pics before you took the link down :)…. for a small fee guys i can send it to you lol, just kidding. Now ur making it seem like the wedding was shady, why nowww?

19. Anonymous

August 26, 2006 at 2:26 pm

@ the anon voltron of Absoluts blog…just so its clear, wasnt commenting about Bellas’ blog being tired. What am I looking for? Actually nothing but entertainment and really good blogging. As always Bella always asks what we think about what she puts up and I gave my honest opinion. Sorry if i ruffled feathers. Name calling is so not cool. Feel there are other ways to disagree with a comment. take a page from adaure who disagreed with my comment. I think this is no place for insults, hence this is no place for you.

20. LG

August 27, 2006 at 5:15 am

awwwwwwwwwww too bad was late seeing the pics.. the naija paris.. hmmm. sha… the songs were cool

21. Freshness

August 29, 2006 at 2:14 pm

I actually liked the 2face new song, something different and a positive track for that matter, its not only to sing about “baraje” and “shake body”.

22. Anonymous

September 7, 2006 at 2:51 am

the music file had exired on yousendit try uploading it to my9ja.com/download the files dont expire there. Cheers

23. Mona

October 3, 2006 at 10:54 am

whoopsie, i was mixin her up with the younger one