On Wednesday 11th July 2012, non-profit leadership and mentoring foundation The Bridge Leadership Foundation (TBLF) will hold the 2nd edition of its career and founder’s day event at the coveted cultural center, Calabar, Cross River.
The event themed “Talent, Leadership & Entrepreneurship” seeks to inspire and empower young individuals in choosing the right career paths and making informed decisions. It is also aimed at providing a platform for all graduates who are seeking to enter the job market at the start of their careers or aspiring to-be entrepreneurs who’ll like to learn from accomplished entrepreneurs and professionals that have made major achievements in different sectors of the society.
The very first edition in July 2011 themed “Leading the Change” saw Fela Durotoye (CEO, Visible Impact), Peter Bankole (Director Enterprise Development Centre, Pan-African University), Thelma Ekiyor (ED, TY Danjuma Foundation) and award winning producer/musician Cobhams Asuquo speak to all attendees on the choosing the right career paths and proving that the seminar gets better with every edition, the TBLF team has brought another stellar list of top entrepreneurs;
- Idris Bello (Program Director, Wennovation Hub, Nigeria & President Oxford University African Society, UK)
- Grace Nanyonga (Founder, Grana Fish Supplies Ltd, Uganda)
- Tobias & Titus Igwe (Founders, Speedmeals Mobile Kitchen, Nigeria)
- Esther Agbarakwe (Environmental Sustainability Advocate, Population Action International, USA)
- Nnaemeka Ikegwonu (Executive Director, The Smallholders Foundation, Nigeria)
- Steve Harris (CEO, EdgeEcution, Nigeria)
- Emmanuel Etim (Directorate of Science and Human Resources, Science and Technology, Africa Union Commission, Ethiopia)
- Ayodeji Adewunmi (Co-Founder, Jobberman.com)
The welcome address of the day will be delivered by Ini Onuk (The Ag. Director of TBLF/Lead Consultant of ThistlePraxis Consulting). TBLF’s programme officer Esther Eshiet said “We are excited about all the young people we are bringing for the Career Day event, we are gathering some of the best and brightest young minds in Africa to share their personal and professional experiences with their peers. We are adopting a peer-to-peer approach because we know when young people communicate with each other, they listen more, assimilate more and become more ignited to challenge the status quo. Hence, we intend to assist young people connect the dots between Talent, Leadership and Entrepreneurship through this year’s event”.
The event is strictly by invitation and registration costs N 1,000. To register, be sure to get in touch with them for all the details. The first 100 participants to register will get free gift items.
Date: Wednesday 11th July 2012
Time: Registration begins at 7 AM
Venue: Cultural Centre, Calabar, Cross River State
Contact: For more info and general enquiries, call Esther on 08105738992 | Antigha on 08055089694 | e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | Log on to their website www.TheBridgeLeadership.org