The were selected from hundreds of other innovative individuals at three different events in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
Participants pitched ideas and solutions for Technology, Agriculture, Communications, Power, Fashion, and Entertainment displaying talent, skill and critical thinking.
The criteria used for selection were:
Can this idea make money?
Has a revenue model been defined and is it realistic?
What is the value proposition to customers?
Is there a functional product?
Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience?
How resource intensive is the idea?
Is this idea scalable?
The first thirty were picked from the average total of the scores.
Some of the selected Participants/Ideas
Oladimeji Sofowora, Wole Ralph and Laolu Ojeniyi‘s One Medical is a connected health records platform with a patient and doctor database.
Emmanuel Okena’s Tracology, is a patent smart payment app for waste management. It is an application that will track and fine defaulters as bar codes will be scanned to confirm who has paid dues, levies and rates.
Loui Auta of Cedar’s Seeds Foundation‘s idea is to build solar panels in strategic locations by disabled people.
Abubakar Gabar and Ahmed Gobir’s data capturing technology which uses radio frequency to connect.
Ife Oladapo’s Grit Systems that produce generators that would reduce power consumption.
Tolu Adeyanju’s Red Bank idea which will help blood banks manage their records and connect them with donors and hospitals.
Desmond Okoye’s Doctor’s Office NG, a platform that has been designed in such a way that users will have free access to doctors and also book an appointment from the comfort of their homes.
Peter Agada’s C4ISR Infrastructure that has been designed as a surveillance and communication device for our nation’s military.
Angela Adelaja’s Fresh Direct, a platform for Nigerian farmers where they take their products to the larger public and also be trained to use technology to sell their farm produce.
See the full list below:
1. Chika Uwaze – Talent Base
2. Obidipe Oluwaseun – Mocapro
3. Tele Ogundipe – Egusi Soupe
4. Amaka Osita – Fuel Voucher.com.ng
5. Tolu Adeyanju – Red Bank
6. Ifedayo Oladapo – Grit Systems
7. Nkem Okocha – Mama Moni Limited
8. Ebuka Nwora – Etyres
9. Dami Olokesusi – Shuttlers NG
10. Amarachi Nwanamodo – Amagzy Global Ventures
11. Oladimeji Sofowora, Wole Ralph, Laolu Ojeniyi – One Medical
12. Mogbeyiteran Tosan – Blackswan
13. Angela Adelaja – Fresh Direct
14. Ahmed Sodiq – Micro Scale embedded
15. Dimgba Kalu – Projaro
16. Abubakar Garba and Abdul Samad Gorbin
17. Emmanuel Okena – Tracology
18. Lois Auta – Cedar’s seed
19. Kamaludeen Sabiu – Seamless systems
20. Peter Agada – Tiller Cyrus
21. Desmond Okoye – Doctor’s Office NG
22. Uzuq Tim – Tembe.com.ng
23. Alifa Nicholas – Ajaoku.com
24. Roland Reagan and Edmond Adoku – Meditech
25. Akinola Solomon – Africa on the rise tech community
26. Alison Ukonu – Recycle points
27. Uche Ariolu – Foodstantly
28. Benson Godwin – Tuteria
29. Mina Ogbanga – Ascent GP
30. Odior Yole – GO CV
The finalists will be attached to different Tech Hubs for more training and development, before finally pitching their ideas before the president at Aso Rock. The date for the event has not yet been announced.
Photo Credit: Twitter – Aso Villa Demo Day