The #Emilinks #MyDoorStory N3,000,000 Giveaway is still on and each day for the past 28 days, 10 lucky people have gotten N10,000 for sharing photos of doors and the importance of the doors.
You can catch up with the previous days of the Giveaway here.
Thank you so much for participating as we love the creative turn your short stories are taking and your creative photos. Please keep sending them in, it might be your turn to win today!
Instead of sharing a photo of the doors in your home, we want to hear about importance of building houses with quality materials and not substandard materials. So get snapping!
Emilinks is a global manufacturer of world-class finishing and furnishing products such as doors, beds, kitchens, dining sets, wardrobes and shelves for homes, offices, hotels, royal palaces, presidential lodge, honeymoon suites and luxury villas. Emilinks uses a variety of innovative techniques blended with exclusive designs to build premium quality products.
With a record of excellence in all areas, Emilinks wants to empower Nigerians over the next 4 days!
MD/CEO of Emilinks Limited, Solomon E. Nwadiogbu, a very patriotic Nigerian is standing his ground to see that fake and substandard products are totally eliminated in Nigeria. He pioneered a campaign to eliminate fake and substandard products by crashing the prices of doors, wardrobes, kitchens and other furniture products in Nigeria.
We may have realized that doors play a huge part in our everyday lives. Ever wondered why there are so many philosophical sayings which include “Doors”, now is your time to reflect on the role doors play in your life and the disadvantage of having bad doors!
How to participate in the N3,000,000 Giveaway
- Take a clear photo of yourself in the front of a building, NOT in front of a door only, but in front of the entire building showing in the background.
- Share a story about the importance of building houses with quality materials and not substandard materials in your home and/or the society.
- We are looking out for creative, interesting, inspiring, intellectual and funny stories!
- Creatively linking in the Emilinks brand will be a plus. The key word is CREATIVE.
- Submit your entry via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or on www.bellanaija.com/tag/emilinks
- For entries on BN, simply leave a comment on the post of the day. e.g Day 8
- Remember to add the hashtags #Emilinks and #MyDoorStory to your post on social media or comment on BN
- Unfortunately, we cannot view social media entries via private accounts and DMs will not be accepted
- 10 winners will be selected daily to win N10,000
- Enter each day!
Abbreviated Terms & Conditions
Participants can enter as many times as possible
Entries reset each day at 10AM West African Time, therefore a new entry is required each day
10 Winners will be Chosen per Day
For social media entries, no Direct Messages permitted, only via Open/Public pages
For entries on BellaNaija, ensure you include an active email address in the email box
Winners will be chosen by an in-house judging panel
Assessment will be based on the photo and/or the story
Participants can only win ONCE during the 30 Day period
There is no entry fee for participation
Participants must be over 18 years old at time of entry
Winners can be based worldwide, however, MUST have a valid Nigerian bank account
Money will be paid via local bank transfer
For due diligence, list of participants names confirmed via bank account will be kept on record
List of winners’ social media handles and BN usernames will be published
Winners are encouraged to share news of their win via social media
Here’s the list of our 10 lucky winners! You will be contacted today
Post on BN:
1) Alexxa – The importance of building houses with quality materials and not substandard materials should be very paramount in the mind of the owner, architect and contractor. This will promote safety and protection of individuals. A house is supposed to be a source of refuge and shelter from unfavourable conditions. The reverse is the case in our society. These days, Many a individuals want to complete a Building project quickly without actually sitting down to contemplate the effect of using substandard materials and the hazard and the shame that comes along with it. This incident happened in my street. A day was set aside for the House warming of a certain man. Announcement had gone far and wide. On this day, many people were in attendance. while celebration was going on, a noise was heard like the rumble of the earth quaking and before we could decipher the noise, the building had given way and was crumbling. This was supposed to be a new house and one that is supposed to last for years to come. Many people were injured and more expenses were incurred that would have been averted if good and quality materials like Emilinks product had been used which have got durability. #Emilinks #mydoorstory #day28
2) Toluwani – Looking at my school building, the thought of collapse secondary and primary schools scares me a lot, Before the renovations kicked in during Gov. Fasholas tenure I literally do pray when entering any dilapidated structures in my school, the cafeteria was nothing to write about despite the wall been consumed with smokes and crack all over the wall, we had to get there before having any meal.
Most times I had to bring my meal from home just to avoid the cafeteria. We dare not go there whenever it’s raining, our cafeteria suddenly becomes a pool. I was never rest assured by a material used for the buildings not in case of universities it sounds so rare seeing a collapse classroom or hostel. During my SSCE our invigilators had to call in the ministry of education just visit the school and see the condition of we student.
The emphasis laid then was all about using good and quality materials for building any structure, ours then was the alternative. #Emilnks #Bellanaija #Day28,#mydoorstory
3) @oluwasade_e – @bellanaija #Emilinks #MyDoorStory As quality materials makes a building so does love makes a family. #Day 28
4) @chukwudijoe5 – Day28 #MyDoorStory #Emilinks Those who built their house with quality materials do not experience building collapse.
5) Bukola M. – It happens a glorious day when I and my boyfriend concluded to find our most inspiring house to build, as we were moving down the street checking for the most wonderful building with the best constructing materials we saw a beautiful white and sky blue duplex that we totally fell in love with,the interior was perfect from Sitting room to the Bedroom was a hit back to back and the exterior material including the designs. I was partially happy because we had no enquiries about the real building materials, also the day was stressful at the same time our walk was about 20km down the street searching for correct house,as we were about leaving a car drove out of the compound,immediately we humbly and joyfully seek for enquiries of the materials used for the building. The reply was “Emilinks is the best”, we look at each other and smiled. We were astonished and confused why on earth will an adult reply like this. At the end of it all the man expatiate himself and we discovered Emilinks produce the best constructing material and indoor furniturese. I quickly give my boo my phone to give me a snapshot with the beautiful building and since then I and my boo promise to keep Emilinks product as our best safe buildinh materials and never go wanting of Emilinks product. I love u Emilinks more grease to your elbow #bellanaija #Emilinks #mydoorstory #Day28
6) Benjamin N. – It made the headline of news, and everybody knew about. It was the building collapse at Ikate, Lekki, Lagos that occurred in March, 2016. I brought this story up, because I was a “live and direct” eye witness. I was in the building, some hours before it fell. Luckily, for me, I had gone on an errand for my boss. I lost him though. As I was coming back from the errand, the event occurred, I couldn’t hold myself back from shouting, both for my life saved, and for the ones lost.
At the end of the day, news had it that it was as a result of bad foundational planning that caused the incident, but families were shattered already.
I learnt a big lesson from that event. He who builds in a rush, digs his own grave early enough
7) Taiwo P. – DAY 28 #Emilinks #MyDoorStory
I remember when we were little kids and
would stay at grandma and grandpa’s
house all night.
We would get scolded when we talked in
bed until once again the room would
Just when we thought we were out of
trouble, one of us would think of some-
thing funny to say. We could hear footsteps
coming down the hall, that meant that grandpa
was on his way.
Now grandma and grandpa could be quite
stern, but never could they be mean.
Mostly it was a lot of love that came
from them, that is what we had seen.
Finally we would settle down for the
night and before we knew it, it was the
next day. We weren’t so anxious to get up
because we had talked the night away.
Grandma would yell, you kids get up,
Get out of bed it’s time for you to eat.
We could already smell the biscuits,
bacon and eggs, we knew we were in for
quite a treat.
We were right because when we saw the
table set with all the goodies galore.
It only made us want to stay a grandma
and grandpa’s house more and more and
This is now history and the house is still standing because quality materials were used
8) @kemmykemi – @bellanaijaonline #Emilinks #MyDoorStory
This is my father’s house, a family’s house which was built 36 years ago. The house was build with standard materials including the painting on it. The paint on my father’s house was never retouched ever since the house was built and as you can see, the paint is not peeling.
My father was once told me that all his friends that were able to build a house together with him some as lost their houses due to the substandard materials that was used. He said he told them to buy quality materials and also investigate the materials bought by the building contractor to know if they are good but they refused and did not yield to his advice.
My father said to me that my child, don’t just build a house for building sake, build a house with quality and standard materials so as to have peace and rest of mind when you are old.
9) lariegurl – Beauty doesn’t only lie in d outside but also d inside. Using good and quality materials protects u from unforseen occurrences. Like d function of a skeleton in d human body, building materials help to hold houses firmly.
My story is a fire accident dat actually happened in my old house last two years. I and my family were watching a weekly programme in the sitting room. Suddenly, I started perceiving smoke and everywhere was becoming cloudy. The smoke was coming from the kitchen towards the courtyard. My brother quickly ran and it was FIRE coming from my neighbour’s courtyard. We all rushed out to look for water to quench it but the fire started spreading to our courtyard. Before the twinkle of an eye, our house was also ablaze Our roof caught fire immediately.. Even the walls started crumbling. We all were confused on what to do. Water couldn’t save us. We started moving things out. At the long run, we were able to get some gadgets out and our credentials. We lost everything else to the fire. Our house was now in crumbles. Today, our lives have changed because experience taught has thought us in a bitter way. To avoid future occurence, my dad bought the best building materials which our old apartment lacked. He bought some from Emilinks and I bet u, we are enjoying ourselves right now because Emilinks got us covered. Emilinks brand save you money, make your home longer-lasting, make your home more valuable, and lessen harmful environmental impacts. Start patronising Emilinks today and become the architect of your own world. #Emilinks #MyDoorStory #Day28 @bellanaijaonline
10) @aiyopro – @bellanaijaonline Currently, our currency is worth 400units of the dollar. Majority of Nigerians can’t afford to pay for imported products anymore. Nigeria is a country with a lot of forests and uncultivated land but because of out lousy attitudes we leave our natural endowment in search of greener pasture abroad. Emilinks is not just a business but a revolution and also a movement to challenge and serve as an eye opener to all Nigerians that we need to be totally dependent on what we have. Emilinks is our own. Emilinks is a leading example on how one can turn raw materials to quality products and sell them at a cheaper rate than imported products. Have you not read heart breaking stories since this competition began? That if you have been following the competition. You can’t risk staying in a building constructed with substandard materials. Don’t risk construction your house with bad and counterfeit materials because of the present state of the economy. Don’t you want to get to the end of the tunnel? Emilinks is here for you, holding you by your hand and giving you quality at a cheap price.
If you were announced as a winner on previous days of the giveaway, please check your Inbox/Message requests/Spam for all the details we need to process your reward.
We have also disqualified one of the winners announce for attempting to contest after winning on a previous day.