BN TV

“I’ve done a lot of big things I’ve never done anything like this” – WATCH Donald Trump on ’60 Minutes’

President-elect Donald Trump sat down with CBS  60 MinutesLesley Stahl on Sunday to discuss what he plans to accomplish when he takes office in January.

Trump seemed to walk back his promises to prosecute Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, adding that he wouldn’t take the customary $400,000-a-year salary for serving in the nation’s highest office.

He added that he will repeal and replace Obama’s Obamacare Healthcare policy.

Here are some of the highlights of the interview, which was conducted on Friday November 11  in his penthouse home in the Trump Tower.

On his 90-minute talk with Obama at the White House on November 10:

Trump said he talked with Obama about the Middle East, North Korea, and health care. “I found him to be terrific, I found him to be very smart, very nice, great sense of humor.”

Trump said his sober mood at the photo op following their meeting reflected what he described as his own sober personality. But also, “it was respect for the office, it was respect for the president”—a president, it must be said, whose legitimacy Trump attempted to undermine for years by suggesting Obama was not born in the US, even after the president had produced his birth certificate from Hawaii.

“Again, I never met him before, but we had a very good chemistry going,” Trump said, reporting that there was, from his standpoint, “zero” awkwardness between the two men. “It might not be that I agree with him, but I really found the conversation unbelievably interesting.”

On whether his victory was a repudiation of Obama’s presidency:

“No. I think it’s a moment in time where politicians… have let people down. They’ve let them down on the job front. They’ve even let them down on the war front. I think it was just a repudiation of what’s been taking place over a longer period of time than that” of Obama’s presidency.

On the conduct he plans to exhibit as president:

“I’ll conduct myself in a very good manner, but it depends on what the situation is. Sometimes you have to be rougher,” Trump said. “Sometimes you need a certain rhetoric to get people motivated.”

On his plans to deport millions of immigrants:

Confirming his intention to build a wall along the US-Mexico border, Trump said his planned deportations will focus first on immigrants “that are criminal and have criminal records—gang members, drug dealers.” Then the administration will focus on other undocumented immigrants, “who are terrific people,” he said, “but we’re going to make a determination.” But no determination will be made until after the border is secure, he said.

On “draining the swamp” with a transition team largely made up of lobbyists:

“Everybody’s a lobbyist down there,” Trump said. “That’s the problem with the system. We’re gonna clean it up. They know the system right now but we’re gonna phase that out, you have to phase it out.”

On the prospect for abortion rights in the US:

On the supporters committing hate crimes since the election:

“I am so saddened to hear that, and I say stop it. And if it helps, I’ll say it right to the cameras: Stop it.”

Two days after the interview was taped, Trump named Stephen Bannon, head of the hate-peddling Breitbart News, as his chief strategist and senior counselor. He’ll be on equal footing with Reince Preibus, whom Trump appointed as White House chief of staff.

On the power of social media:

“It’s a modern form of communication. Between Facebook and Twitter and, I guess, Instagram, I have 28 million people. I’m not saying I love it but it does get the word out. When you give me a bad story or you give me an inaccurate story… I have a method of fighting back.”

Trump, who’s been tweeting a bit since his win Tuesday night, said he’ll continue using it in a “very restrained” manner, “if I use it at all.” But he said it’s “nothing you should be ashamed of; it’s where it’s at.”

The Trump campaign spent $56 million on Facebook, which was almost as much as the $68 million it spent on television. The president-elect says he thinks social media helped him win against opponents with larger campaign war chests. Said Trump, “I think social media has more power than the money they spent, and I think I proved that.”

On whether he’ll pursue prosecution of Hillary Clinton:

In October, at a debate with Clinton, Trump told his rival, “If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to have a special prosecutor to look into your situation.”

“I’m gonna think about it,” Trump said. “I feel that I want to focus on jobs, I want to focus on health care, I want to focus on the border and immigration. We want to have a great immigration bill… and get the country straightened away. She did some bad things. I don’t want to hurt them. They’re good people, I don’t want to hurt them. And I will give you a very, very good and definitive answer the next time we do 60 Minutes together.”

On whether he’ll press for the removal of FBI director James Comey:

“I would certainly like to talk to him,” Trump said. “I would like to talk to him before I answer a question like that.”

On whether he’ll ever release his tax returns:

“At the appropriate time I will release them. But at the (current) time, I’m under routine audit, and nobody cares.”

On whether he’ll take a salary as US president:

“I’ve never commented on this but the answer is no,” Trump said, allowing that he would take a symbolic $1 per year if he was forced to take something.

On whether he’ll preserve Obamacare’s protections for Americans with preconditions:

“It happens to be one of the strongest assets, also with the (provisions for) children living with their parents for an extended period. Adds cost, but it’s very much something we’re going to try to keep,” Trump said. He explained that his plans for repealing and replacing Obamacare would be enacted simultaneously, so “it’ll be just fine. We’re not going to have a two-year period where there’s just nothing… and it’ll be great health care for much less money.”

On whether he believes in marriage equality for same-sex Americans:

On whether he still believes the US electoral process is rigged and that the electoral college is problematic:

Trump indicated he still believes this. Said the president-elect, “I’m not going to change my mind just because I won.”

Credit: Heather Landy/Quartz

1. bruno

November 14, 2016 at 8:14 am

“on whether he believes in marriage
    equality for same-sex Americans:”

” “It’s irrelevant because it was already
    settled, it’s law, it was already settled at
    the Supreme Court. It’s done… And I’m
    fine with that,” Trump said.”

DONALD TRUMP HATES GAY PEOPLE. DONALD TRUMP WANTS TO HANG GAY PEOPLE, GOD MADE DONALD TRUMP TO WIN SO HE CAN RESTORE MORALITY BACK TO AMERICA

I was just looking at u people and laughing. u people don’t know anything. its like u haven’t learnt anything from this election. the media wants people to believe donald trump hates gay people which is a big lie.

this man said he would protect the lgbt community if he was elected.

the media will never spread such news cause they want u ignorant people to believe trump hates gay people. the founder of pay pal is a billionaire and an out and proud homosexual. he is friends with trump he donated to donald trump’s campaign and also spoke at trump’s rally. donald trump may even appoint him. the person we should be worried about is his vice president. that guy is a nightmare. but there’s nothing to worry about. he is the vice president and vice presidents are usually irrelevant example joe Biden,osibanjo. he is the bride’s maid so he doesnt have the final say, donald trump is the president, he is the bride he has the final say.

the person who actually hates gay people is hillary Clinton. she collects money from countries tgat behead gay people. she was standing behind her husband when he signed DOMA and DADA. she said it plain and simple that marriage is between a man and a woman. go to youtube and watch the video.

donald trump is not a republican,just like bernie sanders he is anti establishment that’s why he won.

• bruno

November 14, 2016 at 8:35 am

auto correct- I meant DADT (Don’t ask dont tell)

• red

November 14, 2016 at 12:58 pm

@ bruno, he might not dislike the LBGT community but the people in his cabinet do or in the case of his VP ( who is going to do alot of his work), allowed laws to be passed that let you discriminate against LGBT people is his state as Governor.

@ Trump, if you believe your second sentence then you have not know Trump for long or have not watched many of his Videos including the ones his team past and present but out.

Trump says false information is the truth, because it agrees with his narrative, but when you present him with fact he responds “how am I suppose to know the info was false”.

• lovetrumpshate

November 14, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble. But this particular VP will be the most hard working VP ever to be elected. And that is due to the fact that his master has no clue about public policy whatsoever. He would be lecturing him and try to clean the mess from his incited hate campaign. He is also planning the conversion therapy for the gay community. So watch out for that!

• Weezy

November 14, 2016 at 7:40 pm

You cannot pick and choose in the leadership team. if you voted for Trump you also voted for Pence.

You do realize that if Trump is impeached, Pence becomes president? Pence was a staunch, active opponent to expanding LGBT rights starting from 2000 (after Clinton was president) and still is. That is why people were (and still are) incredibly upset about Trump winning. He is a front for conservative republicans to usher in their true president, which is Mike Pence.

But keep telling yourself you didn’t support the wrong candidate.

• Calm Down.

November 15, 2016 at 4:30 am

“”its like u haven’t learnt anything from this election. the media wants people to believe donald trump hates gay people which is a big lie. this man said he would protect the lgbt community if he was elected. he also waved the lgbt flag at his campaign rally.go to youtube and watch the video. on the flag it read “lgbt’s for trump” the media will never spread such news cause they want u ignorant people to believe.””

@bruno, “”its like u haven’t learnt anything””, you keep posting arguments and comments with information slanted the way you want; you leave out bits and pieces that will destroy your argument or weaken it and you always get called out by commenters who supply ALL the information and correct your faulty, skewed, comments and your deliberate deception. You are the one who “”will never spread such news cause they want u ignorant people to believe.”” only what you want them to believe.

Donald Trump is a known liar. Donald Trump is a known user i.e. he’ll use whoever and whatever to get what he wants. He’s no different from Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in that. Why you should choose to believe Hillary hates lgbtq really but just used them for votes, yet choose to believe that Donald’s past statements and actions which show he hates lgbtq are not the truth in his case is just further evidence of the flawed, emotional and unintelligent, irrational thinking you always exhibit.

And by the way, when you quoted the excerpts from the interview, you should have included the very next paragraph to the quote you chose which was the interviewer’s important note and comment on that statement by Trump, it is necessary information which “”the media”” unlike you IS spreading.

“”On the prospect for abortion rights in the US:

Trump confirmed that he is pro-life and will nominate federal judges who are pro-life. If Roe v. Wade is overturned, it wouldn’t mean abortion would be outlawed nationally, but that the issue would be turned back to the states. And if women in states that outlaw abortion decide to pursue the procedure? “They’ll have to go to another state,” said Trump.””

Your quoted excerpt:

“”On whether he believes in marriage equality for same-sex Americans:

“It’s irrelevant because it was already settled, it’s law, it was already settled at the Supreme Court. It’s done… And I’m fine with that,” Trump said.””

The immediate next sentence which you deliberately left out:

“”It might be worth noting that Roe v. Wade, affirming women’s rights to an abortion, also was settled at the Supreme Court, some 43 years ago.””

No one can believe anything Trump SAYS; only what he DOES. He is someone whom a seeing is believing attitude is required with. So, there is no need for all the unnecessary emotion, and heated arguments.

• Hildebrand.

November 15, 2016 at 5:16 am

When your god, Chinamanda, was busy telling the white editor-in-chief of whatever publication in the BBC interview posted on BN, that just because Donald Trump for once did not behave like spoilt child having a tantrum, it does not negate all his past history and well-known and documented character and behaviour up to that moment and that neither could it negate or override all his previous, systemic, pattern of racism, as the white editor was trying to whitewash and claim that the Donald seen and known pre-election victory was not the real Donald but conjured up to win votes and we should not believe that one (even though that Donald had existed for all the many years of Donald Trump’s life long before he ever entered politics, how much more running for president), you all rushed to agree and proclaim her genius, how right she was, how unintelligent the editor-in-chief to think anyone would be so foolish as to believe him and not see Trump for who he really is and has always been.

Yet, because it is men of God, pastors, servants of God, you absolutely cannot wait and hurry to contradict yourselves and the position you took when it was your god who was speaking, and have done the very thing you had rejected from the white editor-in-chief and had agreed with your idol could not, should not and would not be done.

Donald Trump’s true thoughts (and actions) concerning blacks, all non-whites, women, and lgbtq are very well known. Yet, because (so, so, very, very and completely foolishly) you believe servants of God are easy targets, you trip over yourselves in your rush to contradict yourselves and disobey your god and take his one statement on lgbtq (to which even the news station has shown the contradiction based on what he earlier said about abortion and the Supreme Court) and believe it and jump on it against all his previous history all his life, in your indecent haste to mock and insult the Almighty God.

I read the comments so many of you who claim to be Christians write, who go to church, etc and I truly pity you. “”Ye know not what spirit ye are of.”” If JESUS CHRIST were to return now or you continue like this until death or His return, on the Day of Judgment, you will hear Him say to you: “”Depart from Me, I know you not, you workers of iniquity.”‘ You are NOT Christians. “”For by their fruits ye shall know them.”” These are not the fruits of the HOLY SPIRIT of God that you demonstrate and exhibit in your insults, mockery, ignorance, arrogance, pride, hate, contempt, total and outright disrespect, disdain and, it needs repeating, ignorance. If you were truly Christian, if you were truly indwelt and controlled and led by and completely surrendered to the Spirit of God, you would know and believe and abide by what God says and commands about His anointed, how He deals with them, the way and manner in which you should disagree and air/voice your disagreement, questions, concerns, differing opinions, etc. And, really, in this, you don’t even have to be Christians, just well-brought up Africans but what a culturally and spiritually lost generation you are.

May God have mercy on us all and may we all, before it becomes too late, humbly receive His mercy and retrace our steps all the way back to Him never to leave or stray away again, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

2. Trump!

November 14, 2016 at 8:21 am

This man is so honest and outspoken.
    His opinion has been the same throughout. He is not as bad as the media tried selling to us.

3. Lotus flower

November 14, 2016 at 8:24 am

Oh no! See what he said about same sex marriage. All those Nigerian pastors writing about how Trump will restore morality in the U.S by denouncing homosexuality and fighting gays will soon start twisting their sentences. God ordained Trump, right?

4. yaa

November 14, 2016 at 9:34 am

Where are my pro-christian trump supporters
    have we not been telling you people that Trump is a sham
    Instead of doing your research you just stay being naive
    be there being gullible

5. Celeste

November 14, 2016 at 9:36 am

Lols.. I don’t even know what’s their business with what God does with US. What about our country? We should concern ourselves with our own too many problems. That’s how TB Joshua was predicting what God didn’t show him. What about predicting when the exchange rate in Nigeria will be favorable?

6. Fast cars

November 14, 2016 at 10:14 am

People will just be screaming God is using Trump to restore morality to US.
    LGBT is already fully ingrained in their culture. U can’t drive it out. Besides Trump is not even against abortion per se. He is just against late abortion from 6 months.

• Joshua.

November 15, 2016 at 6:22 am

@fast cars, “”LGBT is already fully ingrained in their culture. U can’t drive it out.”” Just wondering, are you atheist? or what religion are you as it clear you are not of the Christian faith.

“Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.” ” Matthew 19: 26

Genesis 18:14
      “Is anything too difficult for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, at this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

1 Samuel 14:6
      Then Jonathan said to the young man who was carrying his armor, “Come and let us cross over to the garrison of these uncircumcised; perhaps the LORD will work for us, for the LORD is not restrained to save by many or by few.”

Job 42:2
      “I know that You can do all things, And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.”

Jeremiah 32:17
      ‘Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You,”

Jeremiah 32:27
      “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?”

Zechariah 8:6
      “Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘If it is too difficult in the sight of the remnant of this people in those days, will it also be too difficult in My sight?’ declares the LORD of hosts.”

Mark 10:27
      Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”

Luke 1:37
      For nothing will be impossible with God.”

7. IjebuKhaleesi

November 14, 2016 at 11:06 am

I just came here to say God bless you Celeste wherever you are ! We need the Oracle’s touch on them exchange rates!.