Events

BN Living Exclusive: Shade Okoya at 40! Read Exclusive Interview + See Photos of Rasak Okoya, Aliko Dangote, Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi & Other Fabulous Guests

BellaNaija Living

Wife to Billionaire businessman, Rasak Okoya and MD of Eleganza Industrial City, Shade Okoya celebrated her 40th birthday on Sunday, the April 30th at Eleganza Estate.

The fashionista and mother of 4 celebrated her day in grand style with a luxurious party attended by prestigious guests and dignitaries like Aliko Dangote, wife of the Ooni of Ife Olori Wuraola OgunwusiAbike Dabiri, German Consul – Ingo Herbert, Former Ogun state Governor Gbenga DanielDele Momodu, Nkiru Anumudu, Ruth Osime, Mudashiru Obasa, Jennifer Obayuwana, Omowunmi Akinnifesi, Enemaya Lawani and many other fabulous guests.

Beautiful photos by Dimeji & Moyo Photography | @dimejiimages

BellaNaija Living reached out to Shade Okoya and here’s a bit of what she had to say;

BellaNaija Living: Congratulations! With a successful biz, a glorious marriage of 18 years and 4 beautiful children, how do you do it? How does it feel to be fabulous at 40?
Shade Okoya: I thank Allah for my business, successful marriage and children nobody can build any of these three except God makes it for an individual. I understand and know the value of staying married and I thank God my family is loving & understanding. I enjoy what I do and I am happy.

BN Living: Do you have any advice for our young readers on how you’ve been able to pull through even with life’s challenges?
SO: Tolerance, honesty and achieving one’s goal. My worst fear is to fail in all I set out to do.

BN Living: What was the theme for your party and what inspired it?
SO: [email protected] Picture Gallery. Just want guests to know it’s my day.

See video from the party in this post here and see photos below.

Let’s Get Dolled Up!

The Fabulous Celebrant

Her Lovely Children

Spectacular Decor by Subtle Elegance

Magnificent Cake by Bakehouse Bakery

The cake also featured photos of the celebrant to flow with the theme of her party.

Making an Entrance

…with Her Dashing Husband of 18 Years and 4 Lovely Children

Photos with Esteemed Guests & Dignitaries

Time to Cut the Grand Cake by Bakehouse Bakery

Party Time!

The Pepper Dem Gang singer, Olamide also performed!

Second Outfit Change… Still Gorgeous!

Third Outfit Change… Truly Fabulous!

Credits
Photography: Dimeji & Moyo Photography | @dimejiimages
Videography: Modii Stvdios Films
Dress: Jacqui James London | @jacquijames
Shoes: Ralph & Russo | @ralphandrusso & Sophia Webster | @sophiawebster
Makeup: Shomaya | @shomya_lag
Hair: Good Hair | @goodhairltd
Jewellery: Styled and Crafted by Sade Okoya
Decor: Subtle Elegance Events | @subtlelegancevents,
Lighting & Co-ordination: Finesse Events | @finesseevents
Drinks & Cocktails: Bonix | @bonix_drinks
Desserts: Eventi Cocktails | @eventicocktails
Cake: Bakehouse Bakery | @bakehouselagos
Small Chops: Yemi Legend, Laredo | @laredochops, Saheeto | @saheetosmallchops
Food: Xquisite Catering| @xquisitecatering, Malas Catering | @malasmasakcatering
Music: Demola Olota | @demolaolota@demolta70_de, DJ Lammy | @iamdjlammy
Special Appearance: Olamide | @baddosneh/
MC: T A. Tunde Adewale

1. Emy

May 9, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Money miss road everywhere?

• Hmmmm

May 9, 2017 at 3:20 pm

If she is 40 and been married for 18yrs, how old are her kids? Meaning she got married at 22yrs old

• Mango Chips

May 9, 2017 at 6:17 pm

LOL…someone wrote “subtle elegance”.. biko ain’t nothing subtle about any of this! happy birthday to her

2. o

May 9, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Lovely. I love the 2nd and 3rd dresses. The spill over boobs in the 1st dress kept distracting me?? she’s gorgeous at 40.

3. keke driver

May 9, 2017 at 1:58 pm

And I hear people say the love of money is the root of evil…. Okay I hear you

• Anne

May 9, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Yes. The word of God stands sure. People did not say it. The love of money , not money is the root of all evil. This life is deeper than the surface and if your eyes are opened, you will understand that statement better. In explaining details about the underworld, I don’t want people reading my comment to assume that I am referring to the Okoya’s because some people like to misinterpret statements. Here is my point ; the love of money is still indeed the root of all evil
      When you know people who meet in the dark for money. You will understand. The love of money controls. It can drive a man to kill even is mother. Some people are too naive to understand my point. The only reason I raised it is because of the comment questioning the fact that money is the root of all evil.

4. liane

May 9, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Thank you Lord like even at 44 i look like 24
    It is unfortunate that many are not that privileged

• Honestina

May 9, 2017 at 3:51 pm

I’ve to reply cos I mistakenly liked your comment.
      You call looking your real age unfortunate??? Sweety, no one ever died from looking the age or even older. Don’t call this a jealous rant rather it sounds very vain for you to consider looking younger a “privilage and fortunate ” situation. Hope your achievement at 44 isn’t just looking 24.

#Proudly31AndLookingIt.

5. liane

May 9, 2017 at 2:03 pm

always concentrate on your eyes, your neck and your hands – its always a dead give away.

• Bey

May 9, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Have you had any honey today mam.
      I heard it does wonders for your skin.

6. Anon

May 9, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Gaudy as they like it! Happy 40th.

7. Mahka

May 9, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Girl has lived!!!happy 40th.
    BTW, where s boborisky, see customers o. lol

8. nene

May 9, 2017 at 2:52 pm

nice party! that’s all i’ll say

9. Deleke

May 9, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Wait first, its been 18 years she married? Shout Chheeeezzzuuus!!! Yepa, I am officially old. Wasn’t it like yesterday since the days of Diploma and encomium magazine in Unilag???? Chaaaiii

10. Billionaire in grace

May 9, 2017 at 3:05 pm

YOOOO Moeny indeed is good…THE PICTURES ARE SO NICE

• Baymax

May 9, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Haba, why are you lying like this? The pictures are not nice at all. We have seen better quality pictures

11. Honestina

May 9, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Is pouting her way of smiling??? Maybe she doesn’t smile easily

• Mide

May 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Perhaps she doesnt av a nice smile…#justsaying

12. keke driver

May 9, 2017 at 3:51 pm

You’re the bigger joke…. Why can’t pple like you be happy for others ehn? Did she sleep with your husband/wife?? Stay here hating on pple you hear? Agbaya

13. Tolu

May 9, 2017 at 4:04 pm

“Recession no be for people like we ” – Erigga

14. Olu

May 9, 2017 at 4:29 pm

There’s lots of money involved here ….so no one is complaining.

Hypocrite lots.

• Bey

May 9, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Honey are you poor.
      I hear they have a foundation to assist ppl like you.

darnnnn, must ppl be so bitter. why shld we complain ? you clicked on the story because it attracted you. same as the rest of us. you don’t have to click you know. Who is the hypocrite here ?

Beautiful pics, beautiful kids.

15. kay

May 9, 2017 at 5:24 pm

so wait that girl in the white dress the light skinned one is not her daughter? i am confused

16. cleobriggs

May 9, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Next time get Debola Styles to take the photos for better quality and edits. Money shows…. she looks so amazing

17. blackbeatle

May 9, 2017 at 6:13 pm

her kids are cute and grown..see the little girl of yesterday on heels …happy 40th ma’am

18. Me

May 9, 2017 at 6:20 pm

I think it is time Sade Okoya had a jewellery range,

19. Foxy gal

May 9, 2017 at 7:54 pm

“I understand and know the value of staying married” Aunty who asked your opinion on marriage. ? happy birthday sha. Many more years.

• TO Foxy gal

May 9, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Her interviewer asked her: “…a glorious marriage of 18 years and 4 beautiful children, how do you do it? ” — to which she answered: “I understand and know the value of staying married.”

JEALOUSY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO SEE THAT!

20. Lettu

May 9, 2017 at 11:17 pm

Trophy wife on steroids..this woman just came from behind and disrupted the okoya gamily. Biola used to be the apple of het dad’s eye. Now she is a nobody….vanity vanity vanity. Reaping where she didn’t sow

21. Adaobi

May 18, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Nice party of bleached women. First dress hell no!