BN TV

Let’s talk Defining your Relationship on a New Episode of Dolapo Sijuwade’s “So you Wanna Get Married”

BN TV

A new episode of “So You Wanna Get Married?” is out and in this episode of table talk about love, marriage, dating and relationships the topic is Defining Your Relationship and guests featured are Chris Okagbue, Adenike Adebayo and Ifan Michael.

Watch

1. Diamond

June 21, 2017 at 1:15 pm

Okay, I didn’t watch because I don’t have much mb. But let me say this: Men don’t like you as a woman asking them to define a relationship. They prefer the relationship to flow and grow with no pressures. I don’t know if it’s general, or an African man thing.
    I listened to relationship talks that encouraged women to ask questions.. like where and when are we headed. I tried it, and I lost that relationship. My girlfriend who didn’t bother asking her man with the question is happily married to her man.
    A guy once told me he will never tell a girl his intention before hand because the girl will start pretending to get the ring.
    I believe there is no formula to get the ring. If you know you are with a good man, just be the good you and you both enjoy your relationship, the ring will come.

• Kim

June 21, 2017 at 2:15 pm

This is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard/read.
      We are adults… if you can not openly communicate with your partner your hopes for your relationship and you both have an honest conversation about it… how will you communicate the bigger things/issues marriage brings. Please I’m for open and honest conversations. By no means am I saying pressure the person into marriage but you should be free to communicate feelings and hopes for the relationship. Don’t sit there wasting your time thinking oh he’ll do the right thing… everyone is different.

• Diamond

June 21, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Hey Kim,
      I’m sure you can air your view without calling another’s dumb. It’s insulting

2. ab

June 21, 2017 at 2:19 pm

@diamond I totally agree with you! For some asking will work, for some it will not! If you have to ask him and remind him shouldn’t that in the first place show that he’s not that into you or not ready to start talking about it ?! I just say muster the courage to walk away because I sincerely believe that a man who is ready and knows what he wants will start that conversation or atleast leave hints to you as a woman to follow through! But when homeboy ain’t even hinting, talking etc for me ? It’s time to wish him all d best in his life and move on! I find that most who have tried every possible way to choke their men with this type of conversations have 1 of 2 things happen 1) either lose the relationship or 2) even if the man buys into it, and go all the way they as a couple somewhat struggle further down the line in the relationship or marriage ! Maybe cause the man too wasn’t all in with his whole heart, mind and body! That’s a rocky foundation right there if you ask me ! Leave men to do the asking, the chasing , the convincing etc . Does that mean you will have a perfect marriage or relationship? Of course not but then he will always remember he had to fight to have you. Having said all of the above I also believe in balance , the fact that you want the man to do the talking don’t mean you should just sit there and not have nothing to offer , you also have to show you a keeper and show strength in character( u know doing the things that a reasonable man who has arrived at the place of wanting to settle down will not ignore but will see as the green light ). Relationships are a 2 way street , it appears as if in Nigeria it is a one way street , the women doing the knocking or getting knocked up pregnant to get their man’s attention! Pls I will never judge a babe who gets pregnant some are in fact planned which is all good as long as your man is 1000% in it. I can’t say this enough women allow men assume their role and men allow the women do them and you make your choice ! Problem these days is we seem to have too many players or guys who don’t know what they want….Just do YOU but with God in the center !

• Diamond

June 21, 2017 at 7:13 pm

These lines are so on point: “Having said all of the above I also believe in balance , the fact that you want the man to do the talking don’t mean you should just sit there and not have nothing to offer , you also have to show you a keeper and show strength in character( u know doing the things that a reasonable man who has arrived at the place of wanting to settle down will not ignore but will see as the green light )”.
      A guy told me after that relationship failed that it is a woman that will encourage a good man propose with her character, attitude and approach. For a man who is ready to settle, every day is an exam for that woman in his life.
      If your man enjoys every bit of you and your presence in his life, I see no reason the relationship won’t succeed. But the key thing to note is: is he genuine? Does he love me.
      All this too many questions will make the man start suspecting you… like why the rush?

3. tade omowunmi

June 21, 2017 at 11:43 pm

Hmmm, no right way when it comes to relationship. I met a guy recently, mature guy I thot. I didnt asked too many questions not to sound desperate but he is my kind of a guy only for him to tell me that we are not compatible spiritually. My question is why cant he do that before going into the relationship. It kinda of scared me to death and he just disappeared into thin air. God help me

4. Arinola

June 22, 2017 at 12:39 pm

I’ve asked two guys in the past and it never worked out in the end. My own is if you have to ask it probably isn’t going anywhere.

5. Ozioma

June 23, 2017 at 11:43 am

The truth is that if you have to ask where the relationship is headed, it’s a red flag that must be watched out for. I strongly believe people should always have clarity of their relationship status. If you ask and you are not given any tangible answer , please move on cos that is a red flag as well.

6. Eziafa Luke

June 23, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Every woman getting into a relationship must summon courage to ask where it is going. if you do not want your time wasted, please ask. If perhaps he leaves, be rest assured that he had no good intentions from the beginning.