BN TV

“She was there for me when I had nothing” – Peter Okoye on his Car Gift to Wife Lola | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

"She was there for me when I had nothing" - Peter Okoye on his Car Gift to Wife Lola | WATCH

This video by Wotzup ONTV captures the behind the scenes, as well as the moment Lola Omotayo-Okoye saw her Range Rover gift from her husband, singer Peter Okoye a.k.a Mr P. Click here if you missed the story.

“Anything I own, she owns. She was there for me when I had nothing,” Peter Okoye said, adding that they’ve known each other for 15 years.

Speaking on the gift, Lola said: ”Well, I’m really… I’m super excited. I can’t really even… I’m really shy, so don’t take my shyness for not being surprised. I’m surprised and really, really excited. I can’t believe it.”

On her husband’s motivation for the gift, Lola said: “All my hard work na, all these years. I deserve it (laughs).”

Watch video below:

1. Ela

June 24, 2018 at 6:36 am

May your love last… Really. Love you both as individuals and a couple.

Haters… Suicide is trending. Just saying!

• Cocoa

June 24, 2018 at 2:21 pm

“Sucide is trending”

Such a VILE thing to say. I’m ashamed on your behalf. Smh!

• Ela

June 26, 2018 at 1:27 pm

Not been on this page, so just reading your comment.

I think you have a problem… I sort of sense this is not the first time you would take a word and make a conversation twisted… In Nigerian parlance, to rephrase what I wrote, ‘people dey jump for bridge. If you hate dem so much, you fit go do am. Or hug transformer sef…’ When you want to come to this comment and make a conversation about ‘suicide’ or something similar, it’s wack… very very wack.

I make no apologies for what I wrote. Won’t waste my time indulging you. Pity!

• Anon

June 24, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Ela – perhaps you should rinse your brains with your last line.

• Ela

June 26, 2018 at 1:26 pm

You sound weird… This was a real comment or you hopping on the train of a previous commenter?!! Smh…

• Fleur

June 25, 2018 at 12:25 am

Why are they on tV? No be range rover small small pikin dem dey buy for their wives for Lagos anyhow anyhow? I dont think the advertisement was necessary unless this is a publicity stunt.

• Fizzy

June 25, 2018 at 4:58 am

Yahoo yahoo boys you mean? You be thief. Olojukokoro kinda thief.

2. THE MUMMY

June 24, 2018 at 6:57 am

Peter you are a good husband! Men should learn from this, too many men buying Baba -Dudu locally made sweet for their wives at home and buying ‘quality street chocolates’ for their side chicks outside (side fowls you shouldn’t have in the first place). Peter and lola just do a one minute video telling the ‘angry people’ make dem no vex ! This gift has angered some Nigerians well well !

3. John

June 24, 2018 at 8:02 am

Attention seeker
    ..why dont you go ahead and invite cnn, bbc aljazerra ,foxnews while you are it.

You wan do your own assurance to trend.
    The joke is on you

• Jade

June 24, 2018 at 5:56 pm

John the joke is on you. You are obviously angry a woman is being shown appreciation based on your hatred for women. And of course naijas will like your comments bcos majority are bad Belle people. They don’t like to see others happy.

Congrats to Peter and Lola. I’m not into public things but hey if you want to appreciate your woman in front of the whole world, do it.

• PD Young Billionaire

June 24, 2018 at 11:24 pm

How are they attention seekers?We enjjoy eeeeetttt!!God bless you more Peter and Lola.I love your love.

4. Samuel Edet

June 24, 2018 at 12:16 pm

Nice couple

5. Letty

June 24, 2018 at 2:56 pm

Give your wife a gift in private…why seek validation from outsiders? Money miss road..it takes away from the validity of the gift

6. Letty

June 24, 2018 at 3:00 pm

She is very well fed

• Fizzy

June 25, 2018 at 5:02 am

Well fed meaning? Look at this local fowl o. Are you body shaming now? You be dense unfortunate specimen excuse of a living thing.

• Debbie Ade

June 26, 2018 at 3:21 pm

Ahan!!! Mr or Ms Fizzy! All this on top well fed comment!!!!! Show some class. it’s not everytime you see a comment that you jump over a bridge!!!!

7. Team Petty

June 24, 2018 at 4:39 pm

LMAO Peter is doing some serious “pepper them gang” type shade throwing
    It’s obvious he’s giving the middle finger to you know who as it was rumored that they’re not crazy about Lola.
    Whatever rocks their boat ojare. Lola enjoy your car my dear!

8. Linda

June 24, 2018 at 9:02 pm

Dear Bush man Peter with deep inferiority complex you like to show off too much. Grow the fck up.

Many world billionaires and millionaires gift their wife’s things and don’t put on social media.

This Nigerian sickness is becoming an epidermic. Act disgusting.

Have a lil privacy.

9. Pelumi

June 24, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Gesture of a man who cheats and not been caught yet

• Fizzy

June 25, 2018 at 5:05 am

Uhm. Women suffering in marriage thinking all women suffer.

10. OA

June 24, 2018 at 9:19 pm

If that’s what makes them tick, good for them. I was looking at the car that brought her home from work sef (looked like a Land Cruiser) and was like shuo, what else can surprise me if I’m already cruising a Land Cruiser?!

Never been one to put myself out there. Not that my husband is even like that, but I had warned him against public proposal, buying car and announcing it, throwing surprise parties, etc. I can’t stand stuff like that. In some cases, it’s good oh, but for me, an absolute no no!

11. OA

June 24, 2018 at 9:20 pm

@BN, make sure you post my comment oh!

12. Ela

June 26, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Not been on this page, so just reading your comment.

I make no apologies for what I wrote. Won’t waste my time indulging you. Pity!