The 25under25 Awards is a platform which is aimed at recognizing and celebrating young entrepreneurs who own micro and small businesses including start-ups that are transforming industries that impact millions of lives every day in Nigeria.
Its 4th edition which was supported by Airtel, Nescafe, AXA Mansard, Y-Naija, Bella Naija, Zinnovation sports, FCMB, and Jumia Travel held on August 31st,2019 at Terra Kulture, Lagos Nigeria. With the theme ‘Tomorrow is Here’, the event was an evening of inspiration as phenomenal individuals graced the event including nominees, alumni of the award, seasoned entrepreneurs and mentors.
The Executive Director SME100Africa Charles Odii explained important the work these small businesses are doing is important to the economic development of Nigeria. “These small business owners have started businesses, employing others by so doing reducing the rate of unemployment in Nigeria and eradicating poverty, we at SME100Africa will continue to support them to excel”.
Actress, singer, and philanthropist Omotola Jalade Ekeinde during her keynote address congratulated the nominees and winners of each category on their impact they have made in the entrepreneurial endeavors and Nigeria at large. She also admonished everyone to stand out and keep doing that which they do best. Other guest present at the awards include Harriet Thompson British Deputy High Commissioner, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Austin Avuru, Seyi Tinubu, Eyinna Nwigwe, Bukunyi Olateru Olagbegi, Sam Agada, Babajide Akeredolu, Mimi Onalaja just to mention a few.
Individuals and businesses in various categories such as Agriculture, Fashion, Foods and drinks, Software and Design, Sports, and many more were awarded. The winners include:
- Etimbuk Imuk- Agriculture
- Joel Ogunsola- Active Citizenship and government engagement
- Ayomide Adebowale- Arts and Culture
- Matilda Ben-Agho- Beauty and Makeup
- Victory Ihongbe- Creative Writing and Content creation
- John Oke- Cyber Security and technology
- Tobi Eyinade- E-commerce
- Glory Maduagwu- Education
- David Adeyemi- Energy and Sustainability
- Success Chinemerem- Environment and Interior décor
- Jumoke Akinboro – Event Planning
- Adedoyin Adelakun- Fashion
- Chidinma Okoli- Finance & Fintech
- Kelechi Ohiri- Food and Drinks
- Adegoke Adetutu Labake- Health and Skincare
- Eti Inyeme Godwin Akpan- Hospitality and Tourism
- Temitayo Johnson Laleye- Manufacturing and logistics
- Nora Awolowo- Media and Communications
- Roz Saeed- Music
- Damilola Oluwayemi- Performing Arts
- Samuel Ogundiran- Photography
- Ejiro Agambi- Professional Services
- Joshua Okoduwa- Social Entrepreneurship
- Damilare Ibitoye and Daniel Omolewa- Software and design
- Ese Oguma- Sports
This is an annual entrepreneurship leadership program aimed at Identifying, recognizing, celebrating and supporting Nigeria’s most innovative entrepreneurs under the age of 25. These are innovators, influencers, trendsetters, inventors, entrepreneurs, etc. who are doing phenomenal things and contributing to social-economic development in Nigeria. For more information and enquires, please call SME100Africa on 08177743650 or email [email protected].