Are you thrilled by new technology? Do you love Google products? Do you want to bring new opportunities to your school and peers? Do your friends say you’re a natural leader? If so, the Google Student Ambassador Program may be perfect for you!
Through the Student Ambassador Program, you become a liaison between Google and your University. Ambassadors plan and host several events during the school year, introduce students to new Google products and features and act as a campus contact for Google teams.
Google Student Ambassadors may:
- Work closely with local Google teams
- Host and organize events to bring awareness to Google’s products and brand
- Spread the word about competitions, training opportunities, scholarships and other events
- Attend Google events as a Google representative
- Help Google to better understand their campus’ culture
- Build relationships on campus with faculty and student groups
- Test products and features
- Promote product use and new product launches to students
- Be a source of knowledge for your university about Google products
What are the qualifications?
This opportunity is open to university students at level 2 or above and postgraduate students. Google Student Ambassadors must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university in Europe, Middle East or Africa
- Pursuing a BA/BS or MS degree
- Passionate about technology
- Able to plan events and manage a budget
- Actively involved in student life on campus
What is the time commitment?
- One academic school year
- Approximately ten hours per month
- Four or more events per year
As a Google Student Ambassador, you will:
- Receive regular updates about exciting new Google products / features, programs and announcements
- Enhance your professional development, leadership, technical and communication skills
- Be eligible to participate in special Google events, product training and be considered for local internships
- Exchange best practices with Ambassadors from other schools and disciplines
- Add the Google Student Ambassador Program experience to your resume
- Get your own Google SWAG
Sounds great, how do I apply?
To apply, you should:
1. Write 2 Essays as specified in the application form.
2. Submit your application online at http://goo.gl/B2SjX by Thursday, 1st March 2012 (for students in Sub-Saharan Africa). Shortlisted students will be contacted by the end of March 2012.
In Sub-Saharan Africa, eligible countries are Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Senegal, South Africa, Uganda, Angola, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Cote d’Ivoire.