Femi Kuti Common (3)

Femi Kuti and his band, Positive force were the headlining acts at the recently concluded Central Park SummerStage concert in New York on Sunday, 23rd June, 2013. The show also featured performances from rising acts Sinkane and King Britt

One of the major highlights of the concert was a surprise guest appearance from American Rap star Common who jumped on stage and performed a freestyle during Femi’s cover of Fela’s “Water No Get Enemy.”

Check on it!

Femi Kuti

Femi Kuti Common (2)Femi Kuti Common (1)Femi Kuti Common (4)

Photo Credit: Instagram – okayafrica

10 Comments on Afrobeats in Central Park! Femi Kuti Performs with American Rap Star Common in New York, USA
  • i no send June 25, 2013 at 3:30 pm

nice

• pynk June 25, 2013 at 4:03 pm

he has always performed bryant park in the summer time.

• VictorDvince June 25, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Ma gosh! This common looks like the common baldheaded arabic beggar.

• kudi June 25, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Check out kudicity.tumblr.com
    love afrobeat

• Bimpe June 25, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Best of all, it was free :)

• Idak June 25, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Omo baba!!
    correct talent. Well done.

• Immigrant June 25, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Uncle Femi, I always enjoy seeing you and your band perform. Though, I wasn’t at the said NY show, I’m however sure that your audience had the time of their lives. Now, if I must provide some feedback, I think your dances need to hit the gym sharp sharp. No doubt that they are good dancers, with rich repertoire of dance moves; I must however say that here in the west, people could careless how good they are as dancers if they don’t look good. Please don’t get me wrong, they are all beautiful women, but its not a good look if their big belle dey giggle all over the place when dem dey dance. By the way, I’m compelled to write this after my beautiful hispanic lady friend mentioned this at your show in TX

• MN June 25, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Lonnie Rashid Jr. The LOVE of my life! Nobody makes a bald head and a full beard more attractive than him! i love you always Common!

• Winny June 25, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Nigerians don’t know how to brand themselves those Femi dancers in their eyes they think all they need is to be good dancers but they forget that in entertainment business you have to be easy on the eyes as well, be a total package. You see pot bellied unshaved Comedians, Musicians OAPS and our Actors and Actresses, well that’s a looooooooong story for another day.

• FAR June 25, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Femi and his a father seem to be more celebrated the world over than Nigeria……

iamfar.com