News

11 Year Expired Products, Maggots etc. The SHOCKING Tale of Chocolat Royal Shut Down by NAFDAC

BellaNaija.com

Chocolat Royale NAFDAC 2

Seized Expired Products from Chocolate Royal

Chocolat Royal on Etim Inyang Crescent in VI, Lagos is a well known and loved bakery, ice cream shop and cafe.

Many who frequent the shop/building, that also houses sister companies 96.9 Cool FM and 95.1 WAZOBIA FM, amongst others, and were shocked to find out it was shut down by NAFDAC last week. According to City Reporters, several facts emerged:

Chocolat Royale NAFDAC-Amin-house

Photo from the Raid

• All food products/source material had expired – the oldest since 2004 and the newest in 2013. There were maggots found in some.
  • 90% of the products were not labelled in English, and therefore were not registered by NAFDAC.
  • Illegal cold rooms were found in the building and in the MD – Amin Moussalli‘s house.
  • The contaminated food products were stored in cold rooms on top of sewage (‘suck away’ pit) and in front of toilets.

The foreign chefs also gave chilling insight into the business practices – they knew the products were expired but still went ahead to make them. City Reporters states:

On interrogation, the jittery cooks who identified themselves as John Gbokasa and David from Benin Republic confirmed to NAFDAC officials that the House belongs to Mr Moussali and that the fake, unregistered and expired food products found inside the two cold rooms were for Chocolat Royal.

“I know that the products have expired, some, 2004, 2006, 2009, but I am a cook and I take instruction from my boss,” David said.

“Anytime they need some products to prepare edibles at Chocolat Royal, they come here with van and mine is to give them key to take whatever they want and after they finish taken the items, they will return the key to me,” John added.

They however begged the NAFDAC officials not to arrest them but wait until their boss, Mr Moussalli who absconded and is still at large or the wife who they said was out of the country return. NAFDAC however, turn down their plea and arrested the two who during interrogation at Apapa office of the Agency gave vital information to NAFDAC.

You can read more of the shocking account on City Reporters.

1. Bee

May 26, 2015 at 11:11 am

Lord have mercy!!!

• Uby

May 26, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Oh well! Last year I went there to order a cake for my boyfriend and I didnt eat out of it.

Thank God, he is my ex now.. 😀

• Ada Nnewi

May 26, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Lmao!!!!

• Seriously

May 26, 2015 at 1:41 pm

My stomach is turning while reading it and looking at the pics bcos I have a very sensitive one. And easily have diarrhea whenever I eat dairy. This is very sad and unfortunate. I blame Nigerians for always going head over heels for oyibo or foreigners. I’m sure couple of customers noticed it but kept their mouth shut and complained as usual. And, if one person wants to report, another person will say, don’t worry Jo. I still prefer it to our food bcos they are trying to form exotic. It’s time for Nigerians to take action and not just talk. We run our mouths too much with nothing to offer. Asian restaurants are the same here especially Chinese. It’s terrible in the black areas too. Whites will report them in a blink of an eye. I was at a Vietnamese restaurant, the fork on my table was used wrapped in a napkin. I immediately called their attention to it but the white guy sitting next to me insisted he contacted FDA, it needs to do an inspection bcos he’s noticed couple of things there that he doesn’t find hygienic. Moral of story, speak up, fight for yourself at he end of the day it’s your body you are protecting

• ellar

May 26, 2015 at 1:47 pm

hahahhahaa!!! your so funny

• Anon

May 26, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Seriously; and easily have diarrhea whenever I eat dairy.

You may be lactose intolerant. Do an allergy test.

• joke

May 26, 2015 at 2:52 pm

you’re soo funny!

• Adain

May 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Omalicha Speaks

May 26, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Lwkmd!!!!! Thank God I haven’t been there in ages.
      Ladies, How Many Boyfriends Do You Have?- click my name to read more and share your thoughts.

• DeJiblue

May 26, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Uby, for the love of God.”Thank He IS my Ex now”???God

• Ba

May 27, 2015 at 2:16 am

Wicked likes you gat, from ur fellow female folks.

• Tejflow

May 27, 2015 at 9:02 am

Lmaooo. Evil people everywhere. I hope he’s still stuck in the rest room though!

• zik

May 27, 2015 at 12:32 pm

hahaha Na so my dear…. ur head don save…lol

• Sam

May 28, 2015 at 10:08 am

Just shows how stupid and immature you are. You only identify issues on how it affects you and not the cause and consequence of Chocolate Royal’s actions. Y r Nigerian girls so dumb?

• Sinister

May 28, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Witch….. ??

• DA

May 28, 2015 at 3:46 pm

UBY don kee me with laugh o…yepa

• bb

May 26, 2015 at 5:14 pm

This Lebanese people in Nigeria are scum bags and racist. We must prevent them from owning businesses.

• Tiki

May 27, 2015 at 10:04 am

This is how the xenophobic attacks in SA started. Mind yourself.

• Nenye

May 27, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Build your own business and employ best organizational practices. Employees will choose to work with you and Nigeria will recognize you better. Why attach another race?? Like there are no Nigerians doing business in Lebanon right??

• Osaretin

May 26, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I hadn’t been to chocolat royale in like 10 years, (2005 may- i remember clearly), then i went in early May this year (coincidentally). I didn’t even think of the time frame, or the coincidence till this report came out.
      but two week ago when I went there, I vowed not to go there again. The so-called sponge cake I bought was as dry as the sahara dessert and seemed to have been on the shelf for years. the cheese cake seemed to have been put together hurriedly and chilled for the past 6 months to still make it taste ok. I just thot to myself, there is no way I will spend my money in this God-forsaken shop again.

NAFDAC abeg o, I have also heard similar stories about some of our ‘high end’ eatries ( I wont mention names since stories not confirmed). about how they cook jollof rice etc, in old bathtubs (I didnt believe it, but with this chocolat royal, story, anything seems possible). Shame on the massoufi guy or whatever his fucking name is

• Miss Hazel

May 26, 2015 at 8:16 pm

@Osaretin……..abeg please mention their names and save our brothers and sisters from untimely death. Don’t worry, they can’t find you.

2. chi-e-z

May 26, 2015 at 11:11 am

Is this how the food inspection are done in Nigeria? :/ referring 2 the picture. Hope none of those nasty stuff are true, yuck…

• Pretenseslayer

May 26, 2015 at 1:00 pm

I wonder o, is this how food inspection is done? Please visit all the Goodies and Spar supermarkets too. Most Lebanese and Indian business people are very stingy and wicked. . They won’t throw out expired stuff, be managing . na wa. please Nafdac visit Spar and Goodies too. Tanx

• Ada Nnewi

May 26, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Bought bad chicken from shoprite mid last year since then no more buying of meat or poultry in shoprite, i stick to spar for such purchases, cause they have a high turnover when it comes to meat, goodies is a no no for meat cause of their prices their stock takes a while to leave the shelf so it’s buy at your own risk….

3. Ada Nnewi

May 26, 2015 at 11:15 am

No wonder! I never liked the taste of their food!

• whocares

May 26, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Well, you have eaten the food, digested it, and lived to tell the tale #Godwin. LOOOL. I will take my inappropriate joke elsewhere now. LOOl.

• Wale

May 26, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Spot on, I was going to say that is why their food tasted funny. I think I went there a few times some years back, it was the rave then. Well look at it this way, a lot of foreigners too visited -equal opportunity poisoning.

• Osa

May 26, 2015 at 8:31 pm

MY dear, you must have been living under a rock! Chocolat Royal rave last year?!!! For where?
      Place wey don dey tey tey, even back in my uni days 1999, 2000. yes at that time, they were the rave, but have since gone down- apparently

• Hafsat Balcksoap, Oils and Butter

May 27, 2015 at 2:55 pm

ROTFL!!!

4. Ann

May 26, 2015 at 11:18 am

Oya na, Lagos big babes and big boys who cannot eat at bukas, come and answer present brothers and sisters! And we wonder why young people are dying these days of diseases with names? God will help us ooo, i do not even trust KFC and all…..

• Osa

May 26, 2015 at 8:35 pm

abi o. I ate (the drive thru method) at KFC Ikeja GRA in April. One Friday like that. Na so my weekend spoil. I went to the bathroom like the whole weekend. And I know it was the KFC food becos that was the only thing i had eaten that day. sometime tho, when a manager is not ROUND, THE STAFF who may not be hygiene conscious may use dirty hands, dirty surfaces etc to prepare ur meal.

• Asgrl

May 27, 2015 at 12:54 am

In America, KFC dey run person bele, na for Nigeria you wan go eat am? Ahhhh! e be like say dem dey call your name for ya village!

5. Island Big Gez and Boyz

May 26, 2015 at 11:20 am

All the island big boiz and geiz, note that we are having a free colonoscopy to ascertain the damage of expired products in you.

• Sane

May 27, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Wow!!!! You seem pitifully bitter! I hope you don’t plan on remaining poor both mentally and physically forever…

6. ACE

May 26, 2015 at 11:20 am

Omg! Why now ??? This is so unfair to loyal customers like me who can’t get enough of their goodies. It will never be well with the wicked.

• Bide

May 27, 2015 at 1:06 am

shoro niyen??

7. tybay

May 26, 2015 at 11:21 am

Oh my! What have people been ingesting? That’s why i find it hard to eat out. We should have regular inspections in all restaurant/ fastfood eateries for the sake of those who have to eat out. This is just pathetic! To think of how long this has been going on…

8. Charming

May 26, 2015 at 11:23 am

Lord have Mercy! They must have been using it for those different flavored ice cream>>> oh dear..what a wicked world we are in.

9. Hmmm

May 26, 2015 at 11:23 am

Ever since I bought a brownie years ago that was drawing like into back when they only had the Etim Inyang location. Took it back and the Lebanese woman asked me if I even know what a brownie is let alone what it looks like or when it’s bad?.

I have not set foot in their stores ever again. With other customers in the store. Told me to get out. I kukuma drop her brownie for counter waka commot. Food poisoning is real and I wasn’t ready to gamble and demand something else. That was 2001.

• adelegirl

May 26, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Wow! You must be a very calm person, I want to be like you abeg… I cannot imagine someone speaking to me that way and I would not have seen red and at the very very least, cursed her life out and caused a scene before remembering I’m supposed to be a Jesus baby girl.! This temper of mine…#FixitJesus!

• PurpleiciousBabe

May 26, 2015 at 1:28 pm

You remind me of my friend….
      She would totally be on FIRE.
      I would too though.
      How dare you?? about I dont know what brownie looks like…

• Hmmm

May 27, 2015 at 12:56 am

Lollllll. It is my policy to hang on to my temper till it would be detrimental not to lose it. I figured she would get hers. Funny enough, the other customers watched her yelling at me and went on to buy stuff. At least 3 that I noticed. A former chef of theirs works for my sister and his stories justify my forfeiting the money and brownie. How expensive is it to do it right?! My sister makes the same products as them and she makes a decent profit without cutting corners. She imports a lot of items at great cost and charges a little more to cover it. Simple.

• Tiki

May 27, 2015 at 10:07 am

Lol me and you both. Shuuuu! I don’t know what a brownie is? Na police for come divide that war of words! Nonsense and ingredients!

• Iris

May 26, 2015 at 12:59 pm

My blood just boiled after reading this comment. In my own country! This is what we get for treating foreigners (any non-African ones) like demi-gods and treating our own people like rubbish. Useless human beings who would be second class citizens in their own country can come to Nigeria to ask if you’ve ever seen a brownie before. Her papa!

• YS

May 26, 2015 at 2:36 pm

As in! Her papa for real! Mscheew. Lol

• Teddy Bear

May 26, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Me too! We are the ones that empower them to have the gall! Can you imagine?! Trust me, it is our fault. We patronize them.

• ibitayo

May 27, 2015 at 8:37 am

Exactly… Treating foreigners like demi-gods, i wish they treated us that way and better in their own countries

• Wale

May 26, 2015 at 1:00 pm

You should never allow someone to speak to you like that in your own country…what the fcuk! These Lebanese have gotten out on hands. I hope this new administration curtails their power and hold on nigerian food industry.

• Hmmm

May 27, 2015 at 1:11 am

Meanwilly, worst food poisoning ever was courtesy of Mr. Biggs in Akure. I know, I know. Mr. Biggs in Akure. Had to shotput into a plastic bowl as we drove into Osogbo. Sweating inside Aircon because of yesterday’s chicken pie that had been left out overnight on the display cabinet and then sold!

• Osa

May 26, 2015 at 8:40 pm

My dear, you are calm.
      Today, for Game Lekki, I started to make small wahala at a seemingly small issue. Some idiots started to stare – typical of Nigerians- at something which was obviously not their business. before I could say Jack Robinson in like 2 minutes, they resolved the matter for me.
      When u work hard for ur money, you will not take being ripped off lightly, except u are like madam blogger L..I. or her sister,. (joke o). Becos no matter how tiny money is, it doesnt just fall on ur laps. Money is not free.

10. Why una mess dey smell

May 26, 2015 at 11:23 am

Now I know the reason why una mess dey smell. #expired products. forming big boys and big girls. hahahahahah! na maggot full una belle. hahahahahahahah! not a joke sha. Just trying to crack some fun. Mein, this is so sad. I feel like throwing up.

• nene

May 26, 2015 at 6:47 pm

lmfao u are a joker!

11. Diddy

May 26, 2015 at 11:23 am

My heart goes to the consumers who have little or no knowledge abt this barbaric act,i just hope they can be able to go for check ups,and as for those monsters well they should be given life because no be only wen person kill person physically be murder,is not different from this

12. Hmmm

May 26, 2015 at 11:24 am

*drawing like okro. Darn autocorrect.

13. Calabar Gal

May 26, 2015 at 11:25 am

At least the regulatory bodies can be seen to be executing their functions properly. Chocolat Royale should be used as an example and the full weight of the law should come down hard on the company as a deterrent to others who indulge in sharp practices…….

14. Anon

May 26, 2015 at 11:25 am

Mr AIM! Lebanese blood through and through. A combination of that and the oppressive Nigerian sense from someone in the upper echelons of the society, says it all. He’s always been a cheat. Daddy can you see this?

15. TA

May 26, 2015 at 11:37 am

Oh my days! I don’t know whether to scream or cry at this report. Why are humans so greedy and wicked? Or how else do you explain someone still using expired products to prepare food? So many concerns and questions arise ‘How many more persons in the catering business are doing same thing and getting away with it? Was this a routine inspection/raid? (I ask that because how come some goods claimed to have expired since 2013 were still in storage). Was NAFDAC acting on a tip off?

• deb

May 26, 2015 at 11:54 am

Obviously, they were acting on a tip-off

16. Teenaa

May 26, 2015 at 11:51 am

This is really sad, maggots too?? Aye ma ni ika o!

17. fga

May 26, 2015 at 11:53 am

Nigerians and their love of oyibo packaging. The Lebanese/ Lebanese Nigerians who are just as corrupt as their indigenous Nigerian counterparts and know that their kora packaging gives them an edge and they can afford to serve anything without repercussions. Can they do this in Lebanon or Dubai? Only God knows what meat goes into the food prepared at other famous outlets which I refrain to name. Buyer beware indeed.

• nnenne

May 26, 2015 at 1:15 pm

@fga…..What has Buhari’s coming got to do with the discovery? Please tell us.

• fga

May 26, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Where was NAFDAC since? Aren’t they responsible for periodical inspections of these facilities? 3 days to Buhari’s inauguration everyone from Customs to NAFDAC to NDLEA to EFCC has remembered their jobs. We thank God abeg.

18. Ellak

May 26, 2015 at 11:54 am

oh Lord, how far can these people go for money. he purchases expired goods yet their stuff is expensive. na wah o. I couldn’t get enough of their fruit cake means i was using my money to by self destruction. chei
    oh well, when we dont have an effective quality control units in NAFDAC what do u expect? i’m sure Amin wont try this in Lebanon. This is wake up call

19. mz_daniels

May 26, 2015 at 11:56 am

All I’m thinking about are those of us that go to these places cos we believe their food is more ‘hygienic’ than ‘Iya Basira’. At least Iya Basira’s food isn’t expired, you only deal with the flies that have protein sef..

This is just wrong.

20. Redlich Kwoong

May 26, 2015 at 11:56 am

When we encourage foreigners with tax incentives and credit lines thereby making them demi-gods while indigenous start-ups are denied same how can we grow as a nation?

I can’t begin to imagine what happens behind doors of other popular restaurants, bars and snack bars run by foreigners and to think Nigerians conglomerate those places very frequently because of their brand and think of it as a status symbol.

The relevant authorities need to step up their game and ensure the strictest adherence to hygiene and health within such facilities. in-order to forestall an epidemic.

God bless Nigeria!!!

21. fga

May 26, 2015 at 11:58 am

The owner sef has a Nigerian national honour. Thank God for Buhari’s coming, NAFDAC would not have been serious and people would have continued feeding on maggots since. Jeez!

• TK

May 26, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Get your head out of your ass please.

• fga

May 26, 2015 at 4:36 pm

No. You take your head out of mine please.

• nnenne

May 26, 2015 at 1:19 pm

@fga… Buhari is not here yet and he is already making institutions function.
      He must be the answer to all our troubles.
      Bring the change on !!!!!!!

22. Mee

May 26, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Omg! What a wicked act! If the owner of the business is at large, I suggest all his radio station should be shot down Pending when he comes out from hiding. It should serve as punishment for his greed for money

• ForeignersGrowWingsInNigeria

May 26, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Criminal charges should be brought against this man. Mehn, Buhari needs to come in and bring that bastard back! Umaru Dikko style! except this time he will learn from the mistakes made last time! you know Nigeria does not have that type of international power to force extradition of a Lebanese man. So we have to do it like they wanted to do to Umaru Dikko. That man must rot in a Nigerian Cell! I read that he was getting expired products in bulk virtually for free! and that he was even being paid to take away the expired stuff which would have cost the producers abroad so much money to dispose of ethically. So he was gaining money from both ends! Not only getting the expired ingredients for free but being PAID to take them and then putting them into food products that he later sold to Nigerians at exorbitant prices. Mr Amin Moussalli, e no go better for you. You think you are sharp but God pass you. You think you can escape justice you foul sub-human. WA GBA!!!

• Kuzco

May 27, 2015 at 8:43 am

Well, that would be taking it too far as his radio station had nothing to do with this and he’s probably not the owner sef. Maybe a partner. And it won’t b fair to just put the radio station workers out of job because of an AWOL co-owner. And I’m sure it’s a PLC not a sole proprietorship. He doesn’t get to bare the losses personally. So the suggestion won’t serve the intended purpose, His accounts, on the other hand and his personal effects, as many as can be traced to him can be seized. If a court grants them the permission to do that.

23. prince

May 26, 2015 at 12:01 pm

All these eateries sef with all their big names. I’m sure many of those forming big bois and gurls will be should MOGBE now. I prefer mama put o, finish what you have today and buy another one tomm.

24. Kela

May 26, 2015 at 12:06 pm

And I visited this store for the first time about 2weeks ago. I took a smoothie though. I’m just hoping it’s fresh fruits they used to prepare the smoothie. Hmmm.
    NAFDAC well done.

25. ST.

May 26, 2015 at 12:09 pm

This has nothing to do with “big boys and big girls” not eating at bukka’s. If you can afford to eat at restaurants like this it is not an offense. The real offense is the inhumanity this company has subjected its customers to. The Nigerian government need to stop giving foreigners so much power. This Mr Aim has been treating his Nigerian staff like animals for a very long time. He must be brought to justice. All the innocent children that have been consuming food older than them. He should go and try this crap in his own country.

• Wale

May 26, 2015 at 1:09 pm

You are right, the children, thousands of them, that lagos and Abuja parents have feed chocolate royals cakes and ice creams for years…they ought to be furious – the full weight of the law should be dropped on these bastards.
      Regarding big Boys eating in CR, most Bigs boys I know, and I know a few of the really big ones, eat in buka-like places or restaurants like Yellow chillis etc Nigerian men still prefer local cuisines. Or they eat in their mistresses or wives homes.

26. Dammy

May 26, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Candy’s is next and Goodies!

My first job in my life was at a lebanese company, i didn’t stay there for 3 months, i was rebellious and couldn’t lie for my bosses or do anything stupid…they fired my ass sharply

• Mimi

May 26, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Yes pls…they should also go to cactus…..had some rotten food served to me there and I never went back…..and this sort of inspections should be regular and unannounced plssss

• Wale

May 26, 2015 at 1:11 pm

At these point any Lebanese owned restaurant is suspect.

• OJ

May 26, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Yes!!! More than 2 of my friends had severe food poisoning after eating at Cactus!That place should be investigated

• Ada Nnewi

May 26, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Hopefully churasco’s is different…

• TA

May 26, 2015 at 1:34 pm

@ Ada Nnewi, stop it o. I was at Churasco’s a few days ago. Anyways, let me console myself that I only had their all you can eat meat/chicken option. No ice cream or pastries. Lol

• Ada Nnewi

May 26, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Went there for lunch yesterday sef that’s why i’m worried….

27. tunmi

May 26, 2015 at 12:15 pm

I really hope the owners can be tried in Naija. Seeing as they are out of the country, who knows. Abeg, make una freeze their Naija acounts and seize property. Where are the lawsuits?

• glowy

May 26, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Chaiii and I was at eko hotel for their buffet last week ooo Chineke meee.their icecream tasted somehow I just took one spoon and I left the remaining.GOD help us,they should check eko hotels too.

28. adelegirl

May 26, 2015 at 12:17 pm

This story sends chills down my spine o… 11 year old expired products ke? That is pure evil! How have people not been dropping dead with acute food poisoning after eating at Chocolate Royale must be a miracle!
    Some of my favourite restaurants in this town are Lebanese-owned o… Chi’moooo! Heuw! I am now suspecting all of them… Just when I was thinking of going to get the hummus package at zone 4 for lunch this afternoon.. 🙁

29. @edDREAMZ

May 26, 2015 at 12:19 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    What a wicked thing to do to ur own fellow human being for christ sake….. Jail shouldnt pass those fools by though….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

30. irealitodo

May 26, 2015 at 12:24 pm

okay this is totally sad and heartless. The number of people that might have died of food poisoning.

• whocares

May 26, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Surprisingly, most Nigerians I have met are really lax when it comes to food poisoning. My cousin came to visit us and he was about to eat mouldy rice the other day (it was turning green) I stood next to him, palms clutching my cheeks, my mouth agape in horror. He merely looked at me and scoffed as he told me authoritatively that there is no such thing as food poisoning . Well, I had been told! I calmly carried myself out of the kitchen. Much to my dismay, the next day and the days following that, he was ok.

That said, this is appalling. Do we know how much fine they have to pay? jail time? What sort of punishment will be meted out on them to deter other people?

• anon

May 27, 2015 at 8:33 am

Let noboy tell you there is no such thing as food poisoning. The aftermath is like a near death experience

31. tunmi

May 26, 2015 at 12:25 pm

“But except the overzealous Finance director, Mr Idowu Adebayo and one Mr David who were not all that lucky others including Tatiana have all taken to their heels on realizing that Moussalli’s resident has been broken into and two illegal cold rooms discovered and evacuated.”
    I read the entire report on thecityreporters. The Lebanese guy’s daughter, also the Deputy Group MD, had ran away when the NAFDAC folks left the business location to go the man’s house. Why couldn’t they arrest her there? Why could they arrest the two Benin guys at the house but not her at the office? Will they be checking to make sure she doesn’t leave the country? Naija sef

• Wale

May 26, 2015 at 1:14 pm

I hope Ambode’s govt, confistucates all their assets. Nigeria has changed now…these forigners should be made to realize these. These bastards never re-invests their money in Nigeria. They keep their money abroad- these goes for the Indian businesses as well.

• Wale

May 26, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Typos—typos- real passion

• Truth

May 26, 2015 at 3:07 pm

DF o! Very good for you. Shey, u keep forming voltron for Tatiana, Amin, Shahin and Saada? Please who did they arrest? Who carry shame, u or them? *laughing in swahili* Anuofia.
      That is how they will be deducting staff salary for coming late, even delaying salary everytime. Wasn’t it in January u guys paid December salary? When u complain to DF, he will say u see blah blah blah! and start giving excuse. Nigerian Immigration come and hold them cuz all those Lebanese and Pakistani pple don’t have working permit, NLC, biko come o! They mistreat staff too much. HSE Organisations bia, they are breaking laws left right and center.
      Nonsense people. Every day for the thief, one day for the owner.

32. adelegirl

May 26, 2015 at 12:26 pm

A thorough investigation of this mess will uncover a massive racket. How did these expired products/unapproved products get into Nigeria? How did they pass through Customs at either the sea or airports or even land borders? Also, doesn’t NAFDAC have officers stationed at these ports? There is no way these unapproved products would have gotten into Nigeria and be used by Chocolate Royale without the connivance of corrupt law enforcement officers. ICPC should also investigate for corruption.

• Thatgidigirl

May 26, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Thank you!!!! We may also discover that this guy supplies these things to several other restaurants in Nigeria.

• Wale

May 26, 2015 at 1:25 pm

I wonder what Goodies stores are importing into the country? Why are some inscriptions in Arabic? (I know, which one is my own? I don’t live in naija)but I am tired of these people taking advantage of us-can you imagine the Lebanese manager asking a customer-from the comment above-to get out of her Restuarant for complaining about a product ? Kai,that is when the CR investigation would have started…

33. Naked

May 26, 2015 at 12:26 pm

I can’t just imagine that Nigeria has no regulatory agency to check the activities of restaurants, eateries and confectionery outlets in Nigeria. I think the incoming administration should look into this as a means of safe guarding lives and also create jobs for those who are nutritionist and food safety professionals. In this way, they will be creating jobs, creating revenue and safe guarding lives.

• nnenne

May 26, 2015 at 1:24 pm

@even if have one, our people will render them useless vita bribery.

• nnenne

May 26, 2015 at 1:26 pm

@Naked….even if you have one, our people will render them useless with bribery.

• adelegirl

May 26, 2015 at 3:39 pm

That’s also NAFDAC’s job actually. It however tends to concentrate on the drugs aspect of its mandate often neglecting the food aspect. It is after all, the National Agency for Food AND Drug Administration and Control

34. Nengi

May 26, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Kudos to NAFDAC ; the real story is that they fired a member of staff who got mad and reported them, but kudos to NAFDAC for acting on that. The moral of the story. Treat your staff right and keep your hands clean. They even have a flagship store in Shell.Marina

Sad.

35. OD

May 26, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Everyone wants to belong. Chocolate Royal? I never liked them. Let us try to patronize our own. Naija for life.

36. Iris

May 26, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Knowing Nigeria these people won’t be caught and tried because they are ‘oyibo’. Can the government at least sue them and seize their assets and freeze their accounts? They should also put them on a list so that if they’ve left Nigeria they can never come back.

37. Ay

May 26, 2015 at 1:21 pm

This just proves that the Nigerian Immune system is off the chats. I have been abroad for years and eat a lot of shit, Never been sick. My friends always ask what drugs i am using. Our Food Inspection agencies need to do more, cause this one na rubbish. These foreigners will come to our country to do nonsense and stop calling foreigners expats call them immigrants like they call you in their country.

• Ada Nnewi

May 26, 2015 at 2:50 pm

LMAO!!! I agree sha…We have cast iron stomachs…

• Pitch perfect

May 26, 2015 at 4:36 pm

This is one of the reasons why life expectancy in Nigeria as a whole is much lower than the developed world. An average nigerian will live to his mid 50s and an average Englishman will live to his late 70s. Anything goes in Nigeria, very little standards. Until we demand and execute reasonable drug and food standards in Nigeria, we cannot expect to be a “developed” country.

• kunmi

May 26, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Life expectancy is not graded by how much sickness you have, but on the availability of treatment in case of sickness, accidents and other stuff. So yes developed countries will have higher age than us cause they have good medical care. Our diet is rated above theirs. So they don’t go into restaurants and start checking for expired products to grade life expectancy.

• Manny

May 26, 2015 at 9:34 pm

How is this one of the reasons why life expectancy is low? Au contraire, chocolat royale has gotten away with this for so long because the average Nigerian’s gut is impervious to expired food. Other things contribute to low expectancy – accidents, strokes etc. It’s not that oyinbos don’t get these too but they have a functioning health system that mitigates the impact.

38. nnenne

May 26, 2015 at 1:22 pm

And I know my Naija peeps would rather eat from them than their own.
    Colonial mentality! !!

39. FTO

May 26, 2015 at 1:25 pm

This has got to happen sometime, although this is one job NAFDAC should have been carrying out on a yearly basis. The officials should not even think about bribes because lives are at stake. With cancer and so many illnesses killing people, eateries, restaurants and supermarkets should be inspected thoroughly and fumigation carried out frequently. I hope they don’t stop at Chocolat Royale, all other food outlets should watch out!

40. Wale

May 26, 2015 at 1:28 pm

So right…they used to have health inspectors back in the day…the key is that we need professionals that are committed and will not be corrupted.

41. TA

May 26, 2015 at 1:29 pm

@ deb, yes just saw it was a tip off from the link. Please you guys need to read the whole story from the original link. It is unbelievable.

42. bruno FIERCE

May 26, 2015 at 1:33 pm

jesus christ, I have been promising my self that I will go to chocolat royale for ice cream or something, thank God oh.

from now on, I will stay home on Saturdays and Sundays and cook rice instead of going out to eat expensive orishirishi. biko it is not worth it. I don’t trust all these eateries and ice cream spots.

pls they should investigate cold stone also.

• Pretenseslayer

May 26, 2015 at 1:58 pm

@ bruno Coldstone is an American company,so let’s hope they will play by the rules.

43. aloysius anne

May 26, 2015 at 1:37 pm

NAWAOOOO GENERAL POISONING GOD HAVE MERCY ON US

44. marlee

May 26, 2015 at 1:39 pm

waiter, maggot Ice cream please! Thanks, and keep the change. Lol

45. marlee

May 26, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Nigerian like climbing fences oh, big man and all. how do you guys do it. just wondering!

46. Lilo

May 26, 2015 at 1:54 pm

This here is Real case of “a fool and his money are easily parted” no wonder my father’s driver always said cancer in Nigeria na rich man disease. Hehehe…everytime I visit naija…places like ice cream factory, chocolate royal, frozen yogurt, and those exotic places don’t appeal to me because I know these people cannot afford the infrastructure ( electricity ,mech) to sustain such business. It’s like eating sushi in Lagos, for real? Sushi a country where you can bribe inspectors to coverup salmonella findings? Put it this way,,,if I can’t call eye witness news on your azz, I ain’t eating your ish. Ask Blue Bell Ice Cream in Texas.

• Winnie

May 26, 2015 at 3:29 pm

You hit the nail on the end. We just don’t have the manpower, know-how or infrastructure to monitor and regulate these eateries for now. I know of people who own Nigerian shops in Texas, (a state that detests regulation) and how often they are shut down., due to not having a label with an expiration date on common puff puff. For now we have to rely on the goodwill of these vendors and just hope they are doing the right thing. I know this incoming administration cant do everything but I hope the will lay the foundation for such a structure in the future.

• jide

May 26, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Lagooss Ajebutter have turned to Aje maggot ke. How times have changed

• Kili

May 26, 2015 at 10:37 pm

This is not even an ajebutter vs ajepako fight.
      This is why we will never move forward, I can almost feel your happiness about it.
      So because an ajepako cannot afford such stuff, it’s ok if an ajebutter dies, Right? Shame on you.

• Manny

May 26, 2015 at 9:43 pm

Your father’s driver is wrong. Cancer exists at every tier of our society. The difference is in the diagnosis rates. Some dead poor people don’t even know they died of cancer. They get sick and they manage it with agbo until they die. And if you ask the family the cause of death, they will say “aiye” aka world people or diabetes. Forget it, the poor are as exposed to carcinogens as the rich in Nigeria.

• Hmmm

May 27, 2015 at 1:01 am

Haba! Before you malign those businesses, get your facts straight o. My sister is a competitor but I can say with confidence that Ice Cream Factory and Sweet Kiwi have impeccable standards. Trust me.

47. Niola

May 26, 2015 at 2:16 pm

I hope it is conditional citizenship bestowed upon these Lebanese people so that it can be revoked once they flout our laws. I have a dream that one day NAFDAC will be like the Food Standard Agency. Question:Why is Nigeria such a dumping ground? Answer: Bad Governance

• Olu

May 28, 2015 at 3:52 am

No, It is not just bad governance but the failure of the government officials who cannot imagine the wickedness that can be done against Nigeria when they are compromised. We are the ones that will save the soul of this country people like this. Please let everyone Of us beginning to see Nigeria as an entity deserving of our Love, and care. If only we care for Nigeria and not our pockets alone.

48. Kim

May 26, 2015 at 2:17 pm

I have always wondered how those eateries maintain their stuff in Nigeria with no steady inspections and electricity, may God have mercy. My Sister got food poisoning from eatery few weeks ago when she was in Nigeria. No wonder my hubby never ever allow us to get anything for the kids or ourselves from eatery anytime we are in Nigeria. Kudos to NAFDAC.

49. Annie Mbz

May 26, 2015 at 2:21 pm

[email protected], Choi!! babe u mean o. [email protected] thank God he is my ex now….

50. Vortex

May 26, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Damn. Just sickening.

51. rukky

May 26, 2015 at 2:32 pm

A colleague who used to work there said he was fired by the Lebanese woman because he complained that the water they used in cooking is bad, Thank God they were finally caught

• emeraldish

May 28, 2015 at 9:07 am

JESUS!

52. Mee

May 26, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Finally! I’ve been telling people around me to stop giving our money to these wicked, rude, cheating thieves.

They are so mean to their workers, it’s disheartening. I can’t as a Nigerian, continue to contribute to the wealth of people who treat one of mine like dirt.

Then to talk about the rudeness of the owners to customers… We won’t end today. I can give examples upon examples, yet Nigerians continue to go there.

Please don’t give people like these your money, you are empowering them to oppress you.

53. Thatfinegeh

May 26, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Too bad!. The last time i went to chocolat royal was NEVER….

54. lala

May 26, 2015 at 3:06 pm

I am calling out all the Chinese places also. i have had food poisoning also from three of them.I have no idea how these places pass inspections.I have had listeria and ecoli.True all food and water joints should be under the same scrutiny these foreigners are just doing the exact same thing they see other food industries in Nigeria doing.I will also never forget how i almost lost my life from typhoid from drinking ice cream bought on the street.We need tighter measures in this country.Please lets begin to value life.

• anon

May 27, 2015 at 9:12 am

Listeria and Ecoli! You are lucky mehn. It means God has sumtin in stock for u

55. nwa nna the

May 26, 2015 at 3:09 pm

I’ve said this before and will say it again, Nigerians pay a very high price for mediocre services at best! Here’s a prime example where folks are already being overcharged for products sold by this retailer & yet they sell them expired stuff and will act like they’re doing their customers a favor..
    Whenever I visit and I say that Nigerians receive very little for the high prices they pay, my people look at me like wetin dey worry this one, but it’s the damn truth!

56. Jaiye

May 26, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Ask a Nigerian over to your house to eat home made meals and they label you stingy and “local”. All you hear is “take me to KFC, take me to TFC or take me to Chocolat Royale”. No wonder young Nigerians are dropping dead daily with heart diseases and high blood pressure. Also like Adelegal said, there’s more to this than meets the eye. How did these food get past customs? How come they have been in storage for so long? So NAFDAC hasn’t done a check on them since 2003? How does expired food worth close to a billion naira even leave the shores of their home countries in cargo planes when they should be up for proper disposal? Proper investigations and we will all weep for the numerous pockets that would have been lined with blood dollars! May God help us all

57. yonce

May 26, 2015 at 3:31 pm

Now this could explain what happened to my friends and I 2 years ago. We purchased ice-cream and were chilling and no jokes we all visited that their restroom without finishing what we bought. I felt so bad then because the friend who had to go twice was only visiting the place for the first time…even with all my hype. With this new revelation I am sure they wont forgive me.

58. dee

May 26, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Bottles should be checked.
    The Resturant at the palms double 4 should be checked
    What about other branches of chocolate royal ?

59. Sabrina

May 26, 2015 at 4:06 pm

All dis gist, I will jus write a petition to nafdac and sue them for not doin their job in d years gone by. So what have they been doin? Finding 11year expired products now? Dats just crap!!

60. atlstyle

May 26, 2015 at 4:33 pm

NIGERIANS STOP THESE LEBANESE EVIL PEOPLE FROM DOING BUSINESS IN THE COUNTRY, THEY ARE EVIL AND SMILE AT UR FACE IN EVENTS KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO YOU BEHIND..SAME ARE THEIR SUPERMARKET PRODUCTS,THIS ALSO GOES FOR INDIANS AND CHINESE BUSINESSES

61. rj

May 26, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Y’all be blaming the foreign guy .. as if Iya Basirat will not do the same thing if given the chance. The blame lies mostly on the regulators – NAFDAC, Customs and whoever else is supposed to guarantee the safety of the food that comes into this country that we eat. Plus, how is Amin any different from Kashamu ???

62. IGosurvive!

May 26, 2015 at 4:53 pm

I would say not only these lebanese/chinese/indian or whateva country dia shit is from! #am very very vexing ryt now! our own naija food producing companies make use of expired raw materials ooo. I tire 4 naija ooo, I dnt eat our biscuits again cos sum1 told me about d expired materials used in producing dem, how about our seasoning producing companies? noodles, haaaaa! juice nko? infact its allova, make I no mention names. Nigerians have been served shits for a long time coming. As for ppl [email protected] prefare 2 eat all dis junk in d name of ” I gat da money” I pity u! embrace wholesome cooking. I have more 2 say bt sha, make I rest my case 4 now. let us be careful, major food producing companys carry out dis fraudulent acts, in most cases NAFDAC collect bribe from dem. so [email protected] is nigeria.

63. precy

May 26, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Thank God say I be kpako and I love homemade food., I eat out but rarely. @Hmmm na you be calmness and meekness ooo. Na SON(standard org of Nigeria) and NAFDAC go settle us if na me. As I nor know brownie I go call dem make dem come help me identify am.
    Yes I can go that far. Especially the day when I forget my Ist conscience for house.

64. Musa

May 26, 2015 at 6:19 pm

Please let us expose them. I heard from a reliable source that at cool tv and cool fm owned by the same man, there is an oyinbo only restaurant while the Nigerians eat in a different restaurant. I need someone to expose them. That is racism at the highest order. Why should the restaurants be seperated??? What is the point of the Selma walk 50 years ago. How can there be a whites only restaurant (or lets just say foreign only) in my own country. And the Nigerian cool tv and cool fm staff are tolerating that cotton field lifestyle. The day I heard it I wept for my country. I hope they have been serving expired food too in their whites only restaurant. Anyone that has more information on it please comment on this. We must expose them,

• Manny

May 26, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Was the Selma walk in Nigeria? You should be asking what the point of independence was.

65. nene

May 26, 2015 at 6:45 pm

they need to also check mr biggs and others. if chocolate royal could do this, imagine what other nigerian establishments do. we all know nigerians love to store even expired food, so the lebanese are better than us in that regard.

66. nene

May 26, 2015 at 6:55 pm

eating out in nigeria is a big risk regardless of where you eat. i think the buka’s might be better cuz you see most of the food being prepared and you have a choice to eat or walk away. before i moved to nigeria i took a cooking and baking course and i rarely eat or buy ready made food from outside.

• Free spirit

May 26, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Nneoma, welcome back to Nigeria. Hope you’re settling down to life in Lagos

67. Mata Busi

May 26, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Our so called leaders empower and facilitate their actions. . . .
    There was once a folklore of a Lebanese mogul in Lagos. When Tax enforcement officers arrived at his premises to look over his books and confirm that he had been paying the correct amount in taxes, he barred them entry and instead contacted the “oga at the top” in Abuja via phone directly. The “oga” directed that the phone be handed to the “bloody civil servants”. The “oga” proceeded to chastise and berate the officers and directed that they leave immediately. This is just one of the many anecdotes of our comical approach to governance. The stage has been long set, and this is just “the tip of the iceberg” of the rot that is Nigeria.
    Let us all scream loud with our new found voice. If you see something, say something. Use your phone to record both sound and pictures. Remember Nigeria is our only home.

68. Dee

May 26, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Thankfully, I haven’t eaten here since 2004 or so… Guess things were fresh then lol
    Ok on a serious note, this is terrible. I hope NAFDAC continues to do these health inspections all over nigeria for the sak eof our people.

69. Sisi

May 26, 2015 at 8:03 pm

Bungalows next please!!! That place is like a food poisoning lab. I will not even go into details, even their water can give you diarrhoea. Lord have mercy on us in this VI.

70. Tariq

May 26, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Lebanese crooks as usual!!

71. Effizzy

May 26, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Me i have been saying it o, effizzy is what will kill us in Naija!
    Effizzy sells…….show off big boyz/girlz eating diluted poison since 1900.
    All these rich Oyibo u still see dem leaving normal uneffizzy lifes but whosai…..in Nigeria show off is a social stratification on its own.

Make God heal our mentality!

72. Bola

May 26, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Shoprite changes expiry dates on their produce. Thanks

73. Swizzey

May 26, 2015 at 10:00 pm

if the Nigerian Immigration Service, Nigerian Customs and Nafdac should dedicate the next 6 months of their time into doing some serious work…from top oga to the entry level ,I bet you that you will not find a single overweight/unfit staff in sight in these organizations.

74. Pearl

May 26, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Catctus is number one on my list! Please NAFDAC carry out a spot check. I don’t trust the quality of what they serve there one bit!!!

75. iomoge

May 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm

Wao

76. Mabel

May 26, 2015 at 11:02 pm

How many other places are doing just this and they have not been caught yet? Was a health inspection ever done on the premises? If it were not for the ‘tips’ these ppl would still be in business..frightening. Ministry of Health where ya at?

77. tin

May 26, 2015 at 11:09 pm

NAFDAC should not be praised for this exposure. NAFDAC died the day Prof Dora Akunyili (May her soul rest in peace) left NAFDAC. It’s obvious the mandatory inspection by NAFDAC has been put on hold for this to have happened. All eateries, manufacturing companies – food, pharmaceutical renew their NAFDAC licences annually. They (NAFDAC) are expected to do inspection @ site before renewing their licences and also regular checks. How many food producing companies have quality assurance officers who are expected to check for irregularities like this? Do we even have a quality management regulatory body in Nigeria? By now some regulatory responsibilities ought to have been carved out of NAFDAC for other regulatory bodies to manage. If NAFDAC, IPAN, SON and a regulatory body governing Quality Assurance( which we ought to have separately) are doing their work as expected, these KILLERS would have been exposed before now. NAFDAC and other food and health regulatory bodies should wake up to their responsibilities. Even the mother of all health regulatory bodies- Federal Ministry of health should save Nigerians from these killers. I pray God will continue to expose the likes of Chocolate Royale. Let’s be watchful of what we eat or drink.

78. Lola

May 26, 2015 at 11:21 pm

Chai! I don chop their chicken and shrimps creole tire!! Thank God for iron cast belle…LOL

79. Bunmi Amara

May 27, 2015 at 12:28 am

The way people pass thru that resturant its alarming. like there no other bakery around let them check others too. all them babes how market?????? every time Chocolate royalE. LOL.

80. Ba

May 27, 2015 at 3:00 am

Nafdac should get their ass @work. They should be making routine spontaneous inspection and the upcoming govt of Buhari should empower them massively. Naija shld learn to make their own nonfat ice cream. They are everywhere written by our naija blogger.

81. lacey

May 27, 2015 at 4:59 am

I love me yellow chilli and terra culture! The last time I was at yellow chilli, even saw Rotimi Amaechi there last year! After all the oyibo mede, mede! I nor dey near oyibo restaurant for Nigeria! Buka they will want to finish the food with ajinomoto! No wonder the last vanilla cake I bought for my birthday from Chocola Royale was tasteless! Now God dey help person sha! Wey you come Nja like that you cannot be stressing yourself to cook, u go market to go buy something wey you go cook,mkt woman go insult you if u nor price well especially if u nor price well! Trust Nja pple them go want make u come bring money to feed them esp when staying with friends! This time is to look for guest house that has kitchenette! It is well! God bless Nja!

82. Leroy

May 27, 2015 at 7:42 am

There is no systematic inspection of food outlets in Nigeria & most of the workers arent Nigerians. I watched a movie of how Americans messed up & contaminated foods in restaurants & fast food outlets. I knew we will have worse case scenario in Nigeria. All food outlets must be routinely inspected on basis of hygeine,products in use,standards etc. Have you tried visiting some the toilets in these outlets??? Sometimes you wont even see soap for your handwash. I feared for Nigeria during the ebola crisis!!! I cringe when I leave some of those Toilets. Everyweek food inspectors come to food outlets and sometimes come un-annouced uring the routine preparation. My friend went to a kitchen location of a fastfood outlet in Lagos and I saw a staff standing Garri spread on the floor of the premises????

83. ariom

May 27, 2015 at 8:17 am

If this is not good enough reason to start cooking at home I don’t know what is….

84. valerie

May 27, 2015 at 8:55 am

This is really sad. It’s just plain wickedness. Employees of these restaurants owned by the lebanese and Chinese or other foreigners should please be bold enough to report issues like this. Nigerians are being taken for granted because we don’t have people to enforce laws that are being made. How can a foreigner who can’t even try this in his country be allowed to go on unnoticed for this long. Nafdac should also visit Goodies, Cactus, Jade and the rest of them. This is totally unacceptable.

85. Sal

May 27, 2015 at 9:01 am

I was at Yellow Chilli few days ago and I was served my cocktail drink in a dirty glass with lipstick stains on the rim…..I almost puked.
    The best foods or drinks you can have are the ones served from your kitchen.. So help us God

86. Anonymous

May 27, 2015 at 10:17 am

Same way I went to Shoprite in Ikeja last year and saw an attendant removing expired dates from their sausages and sticking fresh dates. God bless Nigeria!

87. GirlforTruth

May 27, 2015 at 10:59 am

hey guys, it is not about bigs boys or bigs girls, stop making your hate overwhelm you.

88. oy

May 27, 2015 at 11:50 am

haaaaaaaaaaaa, i was still there last week ooo

89. grubs magazine

May 27, 2015 at 12:18 pm

grubsmagazine.com/chocolat-royal-we-are-not-the-only-once-feeding-you-poison/

90. yugoh

May 27, 2015 at 2:10 pm

chai.dis people don finish us o.with all the effizy plus our hard earned money. is it a bad thing to unwind and share ur money wt a bro

91. BLESSING

May 27, 2015 at 2:17 pm

I have not had an opportunity to go there ones, I was always wishing one cute loving guy would come sweep me off my feet and we could have a date there some day…… now its shut down and I can never be there again………….sobssssss

92. The Patriotic Nigerian

May 27, 2015 at 5:06 pm

After reading most of your racist comments, and excuse me the non racist one… But here’s a fact that all black African people and specially Nigerians should understand. It’s not the foreigners nor the oga at the top who damaged Nigeria but yourself and all of you…. You are not meant to have power or get more responasabilities, from the lasma who has minimal power and starts using it to get money instead of doing for as a civil duty to the ogas at the top who does the same thing. And excuse me for saying this but you who is reading you are the same as them unless you are Buhari or from the 1% of ethical nigerians and black african. Yet i doubt because even if you are ethical, then you should be a genius as they are the only few 1% eho don’t have tine to read this (yet i turned oit to be one of this 1%). So please stop blaming everybody but you and yet i don’t blame you as you are God’s creation with inferiority. You are born to be peasants and labourers and good at one thing only in your lifes. I hope you evolve

• Mabel

May 28, 2015 at 5:38 am

WTF! We didn’t send for you, no Black person called you up out of Satan’s butthole where you were resting to come to Nigeria to kill them off with your decades old stale food and poisons. Why are you not balling in your own land, if it was so fabulous? Many of you are bloody criminals in your own country, or child molesters who run to Africa to do your diabolical deeds and escape justice. Where you going to run to next? because we all know how this game is played. I hope the same evil you mete out on Nigerians in your quest for wealth return to you and yours double fold. Escape hell, that is what you should do!! You think the username is going to fool anybody to what you are.

93. LA

May 27, 2015 at 6:06 pm

I was at Pattaya’s a couple of years ago, they brought the food out only for me to see a baby cockroach running out from under the stainless steel thingy they used to cover the plate. I almost died! Rejected the food immediately. And ode like me asked for something else. Can you imagine? Me sef, I get issues for not walking out of the restaurant instantaneously! I think I was hungry.

94. Sane

May 27, 2015 at 10:23 pm

What is with the diversion from the topic at hand to talking about bitter boys and girls….. Mehnnn the level of poverty in naija is definitely highly underrated. Here’s me hugging all the bitter souls out there

95. Lois

May 27, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Jeez! And to think of the fact that I patronized that place almost every Sunday for 2 years before I moved out of Lagos 4 years ago. Even we dey meet Alisson Madueke and that her chubby son wells each Sunday for some deserved decadence. Chai! Every evil thing including lawsuits, damages payments, jail term and so on will punish the owners of Chocolate Royale o. In case any NAFDAC personnel is reading this, that confectionery belonging to some pathetic Chinese in Lokoja needs to be closed down patapata. I have pictorial evidences to show how my husband and I bought expired Youghurt there and having noticed it has expired for more than 4 months, the stupid manager begged us to accept 5k as apology. Chai! They saw my colour that day o no be small. I made them sign an undertaking of culpability in case We came down with any illness and reported them to Kogi SMoH. Of course the idiots civil servants did nothing. NAFDAC a beg go close that place o. Chinese, Lebanese, Indians and co wan kill us for being nice to their businesses. Why now?

96. Sam

May 28, 2015 at 10:18 am

What is the criteria for setting up an eatery in Nigeria? Do we have standards in place? Are there processes in place for checking these eatries? Do they have inspectors that carry out checks? How about NAFDAC having a press conference where it can answer press questions? These are serious allegations! and their website is still up! Can someone tell NAFDAC that their online presence has to be blocked in addition to their physical office premise? Meanwhile i must commend them for their swift and prompt action. They need to block their website asap.

97. Shegzyyyy

May 28, 2015 at 10:50 am

…So 2 years ago, my family and I went to celebrate at ‘yingyang’ , the next day, the youngest developed food poisoning, fainted 3 times and got admitted to Luth for a week. It was such a frightening experience as We almost lost him. My mum kept on saying it was d devil trying to kill our joy. No mum, it was the nigerian at the customs taking bribe, the one at Nafdac not doing his job properly that wanted to take our joy away

98. Hmmmm

May 28, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Hmmm.. I really wonder why it took a ‘tip off’ before the NAFDAC officials went on the ‘raid’! Shouldn’t there be like regular inspections of all these fast foods, eateries and the likes? Biko! NAFDAC please don’t be waiting for ‘tip offs’.. ensure you inspect these places regularly so as to ensure compliance with health standards! Thank you!

99. swits

May 28, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Simply beyond cringeworthy

100. cleo

May 29, 2015 at 9:16 pm

The bane of all this is corruption. Corruption is not with Jona’s cabinet. It is with civil servants who refused to do their jobs. It is customs who allowed those goods in . NAFDAC who refused to to do routine inspection. Alot of Nigerians, have not done their jobs that is white this could happen.
    How is it possible that the Lebanese escaped, if not aided by Nigerians?
    We shout change, change. You are the change that is required.

101. Anne

May 30, 2015 at 10:11 pm

After all said and done, let’s stick to home prepared beans and soaked garri ijebu to go with it. Amongst other available options that we can vouch for.

102. Deb

August 10, 2015 at 3:03 pm

So why on earth is the company reopened? I noticed that the Lekki branch is open again!