It is predicted by The World Travel & Tourism Council the travel & tourism industry will account for 1 in 10 jobs on the planet by 2025, at the same time generate nearly 7 million jobs per year for the next ten years. Sounds like a secure industry to work in. The current economic situation holds a lot of uncertainty for Nigeria’s workforce. Banks are laying scores off employees at every opportunity, Lawyers are underpaid, Doctors are constantly on strike and the engineers? Well, the jobs are farther away each day.
For young Nigerians starting out on their university journey or those considering a change in career, the Hospitality industry presents a plethora of exciting opportunities. Hospitality careers go beyond hotel jobs and span across luxury event management, culinary arts, travel, tourism, and hospitality management.
To this end that the Swiss Education Group is organizing its first African workshop. The Hospitality Workshop Africa 2016 aims to explore opportunities available in the industry, with a selection of seasoned professionals sharing their experiences and insights.
Meet the panelists:
- Benoit Samson: Chief Brand and Marketing Officer, Swiss Education group. Benoit has extensive experience in both hotel management and international hospitality education
- Sally Mbanefo: Director General, Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC)
- Funmi Victor-Okigbo: MD/CEO No Surprises Events. An Event-Architect leading a company renowned for excellence and professional execution.
- Obinna Ekezie: MD/CEO Wakanow. The first online travel portal with expertise in tourism in Africa and around the world.
- Nkem Odewunmi: CEO Food Fashion Fusion. A Lawyer turned Gourmet-cook/ Entreprenuer with sound knowledge of food and its synthesis.
- Belinda Nwosu: Lead Researcher, The W Hospitality Group
- Career opportunities in the hospitality industry and how to venture in.
- Business knowledge and opportunities in the hospitality and tourism.
- The possible challenges and how to overcome them.
- The Swiss Education Group training.
Registration: Visit http://seghospitalityworkshop.com to save your spot
Date: Saturday, June 18th, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (WAT)
Venue: Eko Hotel and Suits, Adetokunbo Ademola way, Victoria Island, Lagos state