Features

8 Reasons Why Short Girls make The Best Girlfriends

What would the world be without shorts girls? What would classic beauty look like…and would true love even exist? Perhaps I’m getting a little carried away with the rhetorical questions, but truth be told…short girls make the world a better place.

Not only are they adorable, it is astounding how so much endowment, wit, intelligence and love fits in a package so exquisitely tiny. And while they have many disadvantages like not being able to reach the top shelf every time they want something from it, and generally being dependent on others for certain thing, they are a treat to date. They make the most perfect and amazing girlfriends. Below are 8 reasons why you should date a short girl:

Short girls are adorable
Short girls, especially when petite, are super adorable. Everything they do is so cute: When she laughs, and she looks like a little cute child laughing; when she is yelling at you with hips on her hand, but all you see is a little teddy bear trying to stay animated and you just want to pick her up and play with her; When she hits your chest becuase she is mad, but it feels like a tickle because her hand is so small and soft; when she takes a few cocktails and starts misbehaving y because her tiny body can’t really take much alcohol and she is high but she is still cute as hell…the list goes on and on. Basically, what she lacks in height, she makes up for in personality and that makes it hard to not just love her.

Short girls are quite feminine
Not to shade tall girls or anything, but short girls tend to be more proportionate physically and are actually more feminine. Studies have shown that Short women’s increased have more estrogen in their bodies which not only makes them look more feminine, it makes them more sensitive, nurturing, and interested in children and family. Basically, they are naturally wife materials.

Short girls will stick with you forever
Ever wondered why most of the most romantic love stories and classics always feature a short woman? When a short girl gets with you, they have a tendency to stick with you forever…and in a good way. They have so much love to give, they do not necessarily need a great reason to love you because they see past your fears and inadequacies…probably because they know that you love them no matter how short they are.

Having sex with short girls is more enjoyable
Yes. It is what it is. Any honest and experienced man who has been with a short girl will let you know that he found it more pleasurable having sex with women who are short. This is mostly because they weigh less, and that creates room for so many possibilities and experimenting when it comes to sex positions. You can toss them in the air, spin them around, and hold them holding you upside-down by the ankles without necessarily hurting your back. You can be much more adventurous with your sex life with a short girlfriend.

Short girls don’t age!
Is she 15, is she 21 or is she 18? You just cannot really say until they tell you. They do not age like every other person does, because their skin doesn’t crumble easily – there is a lesser surface area to cover. They look so much younger than people their age, and they age very gracefully as well… that makes them irresistible. What man does not want a woman who will keep looking young, hot and sexy on his arm?

Hugging, kissing and cuddling is awesome
Believe it or not, hugging, kissing and cuddling is better with a short girl. It feels so much nicer. There is the melting effect when you rest your chin on her head while you hug her and she listens to your heart beat for her. It is the cutest thing.

Also, the way she has to stand up on her toes to kiss you, like in the movies…it is an incredibly egoistic and romantic moment at the same time. With cuddling as well, you can wrap her up in one arm and still have one free to eat your chicken wings or something. With her, it really is a win-win.

You feel incredibly manly around her
She will need you help for a lot of things that her hands can’t reach or her body weight cannot support and that alone will make you feel helpful. You can easily carry her with ease to the bed should she fall asleep on the couch and that should make you feel like prince charming carrying sleeping beauty. And when you are out for dinner and she decided to wear heels, you will not feel threatened by the possibility of her looking taller than you. Basically, there will be very little occasions for to make you feel emasculated rather she will be a boost to your ego as a man.

You won’t have to spend a lot of money on her
Short girls are rarely high maintenance. You will not face the problem of being broke from spending too much on them. They don’t need much food to keep their body going and even at that, they are usually always too conscious of what they eat so they don’t get fat. Getting clothes for them can be as easy as picking something from the children’s section as well. Basically, you save a lot on dates and shopping.

If you are currently dating a short girl, then you already know how special and cute they! And PS: This is not an article to slight tall girls or anything. It is a fun piece to highlight the perks of having a short one on your arms.

Photo Credit: Alberto Jorrin Rodriguez | Dreamstime

Nkem Ndem is an energetic and highly accomplished Media Consultant who loves to help small businesses, especially women-led, grow their online presence using the right digital strategy or transition from traditional organizational boundaries. With years of experience in Copywriting and Editing, Content Branding and Strategy, Social media, and Digital Marketing, she is clearly obsessed with Digital Communications. She is the Head of Content and Lead Consultant at Black Ink Media - an Ideation and Content Agency that excels in providing fresh, creative digital services to content-centric businesses. Find out more about her at www.blackinkm.com or send her an e-mail at [email protected] Also follow her on IG: @nkemndemv, Twitter: @ndemv.

1. LemmeRant

August 22, 2017 at 5:28 pm

Eeyah. You’re promoting your ministry.

It is well.

• Weezy

August 22, 2017 at 8:37 pm

BWAHAHA!

2. Jezebel

August 22, 2017 at 5:37 pm

I wasn’t sure what to make of this until I read the last paragraph and then I realised it was a joke. Lol short girls are low maintenance! Very funny Nkem.

• My mumu pass your mumu

August 23, 2017 at 9:56 am

That it is all a joke is subjective. I once was madly in love with a girl I’d prefer to describe as “petite”. She is everything I need in a woman, wife material and all. But we wouldn’t marry because I am from a different religion and I wouldn’t change mine to hers, which was a pre-condition. Her mother pleaded with me that her husband would have her killed over this if we went ahead. We had considered eloping but I craved her parents’ blessing. So we agreed, tearfully, to end d relationship. I still miss do her. And did I say my wife’ll kill me if she read this…..cos I had, during our ‘full disclosure’ moments, shared this story with her. And now she sees her behind every door. Women! (Stupid me!)

3. Felinda

August 22, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Yes I am. Short (5ft) and petite and been told, I am Hella funny and cute, but my bffs are mostly guys and few girl friends

• Anon

August 22, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Short woman devil with a big ego. Now I get the picture, based on all your comments. Runs off. 🙂

4. katiana

August 22, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Oh Nkem, you didn’t add that short girls have wahala alot. Maybe its just my personal experience sha – the short girls I’ve been opportuned to get close to nearly broke my spirit.

5. onetallgirl

August 22, 2017 at 6:49 pm

This was a very stupid article and it was not funny at all! Nkem, next time write a sensible article instead of this rubbish!

6. James

August 22, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Nkem, it must be a slow day today, or perhaps you are on the short side.

There is nothing wrong with dating a short girl, but I wouldn’t say that short girls have all of the attributes you mentioned because someone’s physical appearance has nothing to do with their personality.

7. ogeAdiro

August 22, 2017 at 7:26 pm

You should do one for short guys.

8. Baby gurl

August 22, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Oh. It’s Nkem again! What an article. I wonder what goes on in that mind of yours. The things you think about. Because your articles are always so weird lol. You are certainly not basic. Loved it tho. Quite funny because I am 5’0 and I ticked 7/8 off the list. I have not judged my sex prowess yet. Virgin Mary things.

9. Enn

August 22, 2017 at 8:57 pm

I gotta say,this is the dumbest article i’ve read in a while & u made it worse trying to pass it off as a joke..

10. bolaji

August 22, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Short folks male or female hang around. No one wants them. So they end up in the ‘nice personality’ category aka eager to please 🙂 End of! How many people describe their dream date as ‘short….’. It always starts with ‘tall…’

• MurdaSheWrote

August 22, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Kai you’re so dumb.

11. Las

August 22, 2017 at 9:04 pm

How was this story short-listed sef? Was there a shortage of writers or a shortfall of articles? BN, answer me o!

12. Jesse

August 22, 2017 at 10:56 pm

OMG! I guess the writer is a short lady, its a serious matter oooo…for me its her own opinion.

13. Disgusted

August 23, 2017 at 9:47 am

I’m so disgusted… this has to be the lamest thing I have read in a while (of course apart from the Aso rock rodent tales).

Nkem na… can we stop doing fat vs slim, short vs tall, light vs dark thing? We need to know it’s not okay to be playful with making any type of woman more superior than the other.

Especially because we all know for a fact that stereotypes suck…and who you are is who you are short or tall.

You know why I am bothered? Cos a guy who isn’t really smart and have dated tall girls all his life will think he needs to break up and try the short girl. And yes, itz his business and fault, but how about we are careful of the seeds we sew in people’s mind?

M sorry, but this write up disgust me.

• Disgusted

August 23, 2017 at 9:53 am

Sow*

14. The green lady

August 23, 2017 at 9:53 am

Lol, being short isn’t a personality more like a vertical disability. Some people accept it and some don’t by writing this type of long essays to gain some height. Short or tall, you can be any of the gibberish written up there.

15. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

August 23, 2017 at 9:54 am

Nkem Ndem, I am really surprised at you

You are shading tall girls

I mean, short girls can be very mean and petty

Wife material? Short girls? Hmmm I laugh in Igbo

Feminine – how many tall girls have you met?

Sexual positions – you make me laugh

Manly – men feel manly only around short girls?

Only short girls can kiss?

Only short girls don’t age?

Only short girls are loyal?

Which tall girl wronged Nkem Ndem?

16. Fisayo Omiyale

August 23, 2017 at 10:07 am

This post makes me feel so good. Moreover, they are true

17. seelveeaa

August 23, 2017 at 10:08 am

If you are so hurt by this article then go write about tallies and don’t forget to add that tallies always act foolish just the way over-fed agric fowls do.

18. Sad!

August 23, 2017 at 10:20 am

Pls stop writing for comments, write to uplift and to educate. This is really bad Nkem, I hope you read this article again. BN nawa o!

19. abby

August 23, 2017 at 10:36 am

I think it was funny, and a nice read..f people would just ease up a bit kai! There’s so much going in the world now but dont let your sense of humor die na..

• Bolaji

August 23, 2017 at 11:00 am

Thank you abby! People do not seem to know how to relax and have a laugh anymore. @MurdaSheWrote, who hurt you?

20. LARA

August 23, 2017 at 11:34 am

petite girls rock,

21. Ipheoma

August 23, 2017 at 12:59 pm

People, let’s chill na. She could do another article for tall girls next week. As a short girl tho, I hated the comparison to children. Like get my dresses from the Kids section??? TF!!

22. chrisyinks

August 23, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Don’t understand the vile and hatred coming from a number of commenters. Can’t Nkem write a playful/humorous article any longer? To say I’m shocked with a number of the comments here would be clearly an understatement!

23. Ogeh..

August 23, 2017 at 2:07 pm

So much hate and bad blood in here…i just found the article funny

24. kik

August 23, 2017 at 8:02 pm

i was always dont like it when nkem is bashed here….but now i trully believe she is delusional,aint there many short and fat girls?…….so maintenance is now based on food…so all a lady neess to maintain herself is a bowl of food? and cos a girl is short she wouldn’t like jimmy choo or deola sagoe….i see …expensive clothes must be made for tall girls only …dimwit

25. Somto

August 27, 2017 at 8:23 pm

This is pure stereotype and we know that the problem with stereotypes is that it gives us only one picture or one side of a story
    Nkem ,fat or slim,short or tall any girl can still have these qualities you’ve talked about.

26. Crown

September 4, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Everything in this article is true. Don’t feel offended if u are a tallie.