Career

UPDATED: BellaNaija is giving out TWO tickets to the Auditions.ng Acting Masterclass! Find out how to win a seat with Ramsey Nouah & Tope Oshin

BellaNaija.com

acting masterclassHello BNers!

We have our winners for the Auditions.ng x BellaNaija competition. See their entries below:

******************************************************************************************

Are you interested in the entertainment industry? Are you passionate about acting? Do you want to understand what it takes to become successful in Nollywood? BellaNaija is giving you an opportunity to make your dreams come true!

Auditions.ng, an online job listing and casting site for aspiring entertainment people is holding an acting masterclass. This masterclass will be conducted in an informal and intimate session, where aspiring acting talents will learn what it takes to launch and build a profitable career in Africa’s biggest film industry, Nollywood.

Date: Saturday, August 5th, 2017
Time: 9.00 am – 4.00 pm

To win this gate pass of N20,000, drop a comment below explaining

• Your biggest challenge in building a career in Nollywood.
  • How attending this masterclass can help you overcome this.

For more about Auditions.ng and to learn more about this acting masterclass, click here.

Good luck!

1. Grace O

July 31, 2017 at 11:22 am

I have stage fright. Going for an audition makes me really nervous. This class will help me overcome this fright. I will learn the principles of acting and how to scale theu an audition successfully. I need this chance. I need to win this ticket. So help me God.

2. Moses Hambolu

July 31, 2017 at 11:26 am

3. Moses Hambolu

July 31, 2017 at 11:29 am

Based on my experience in the Nigerian movie and film industry called Bollywood, chances and opportunities to showcase true and rare talents are extremely slim and few. Therefore, Hollywood needs to be more open to discovering true and rare talents.

• Moses Hambolu

July 31, 2017 at 11:39 am

I meant to say Nollywood

4. Moses Hambolu

July 31, 2017 at 11:37 am

Attending this rare masterclass opportunity will definitely give me the chance to air my personal opinion on how better and open chances can be given to young, talented and gifted actors to shine. In addition, I’ll surely get a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn and heed words of wisdom from the veterans of Hollywood herself.

• Moses Hambolu

July 31, 2017 at 11:39 am

I meant to say Nollywood

5. mr. x

July 31, 2017 at 11:51 am

Dear BN I can’t attend the event, even if I would love to because I am not in Lagos. But here is the deal if you are so bent on giving out something. I think the even should be recorded and uploaded on your YouTube channel. please!!!!

6. Moses Hambolu

July 31, 2017 at 11:53 am

1. Based on my experience as an upcoming actor in my country’s film and movie industry called Nollywood, it has been seen that opportunities to be casted in movie roles has been so tight and intensely slim. In addition, chances and opportunisties should be given to young talents to showcase talents possessed.

2. Attending this rare masterclass opportunity will definitely give me the chance to air my personal opinion on how better and open chances can be given to young, talented and gifted actors to shine. In addition, I’ll surely get a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn and heed words of wisdom from the veterans of Nollywood herself.

7. Tamara

July 31, 2017 at 11:54 am

Your biggest challenge in building a career in Nollywood.

My biggest challenge is how rigoirous auditions are. You get the scripts on arrival. And sometimes after auditioning, the judges don’t give you a feedback on your performance and you never get a thorough feedback on how to improve.

How attending this masterclass can help you overcome this.

It will help me learn the art of auditioning, how to book more jobs and what casting directors expect from actors.

8. Folake

July 31, 2017 at 11:58 am

I would love to be part of the Acting Master Class though my passion is in Production Coordinating. For me to be effective as one ,I should have an excellent grip of the different departments that makes up a good production. I’ll love to be given this opportunity. Tope Oshin is an enigma I admire and love to work with in this industry. Thanks so much.
    [email protected]

9. Kenneth Akinfolurin

July 31, 2017 at 1:55 pm

1. There are so many challenges in building a career in nollywood. One of such Initially as a newbie coming into the industry with no previous background , has to be the challenge of acceptance. You know, people don’t know you; they haven’t seen anything you have done. Every actor will have to confront this challenge of getting people to see beyond the surface and to hire you. It is a struggle. There is no easy principle; you just keep pushing. And when you finally get your first job, getting more jobs is another challenge a newcomer will face. And when you start gaining recognition, getting good pay becomes a challenge. When you start getting paid, you also face the challenge of being typecast: everybody wanting you to do one role for every movie.

2. Attending this masterclass will afford me the opportunity to learn from the best out there. Mentorship is very key even for newbies like me or upcoming and experienced actors. I expect to learn a whole lot about how to start a career in nollywood, the process of marketing yourself, gaining insights into tips for auditions. Most importantly how to sustain a career in nollywood

10. Chisom Ogbu

July 31, 2017 at 2:02 pm

My name is Chisom Ogbu. I am 24 years old and I am an actor.
    One of the biggest challenges that I have in taking my career foward is understanding the position of the industry. Sometimes it seems like it’s depreciating other times it looks otherwise. I have a passion for this. Acting is what I do full time. But in all i need to be aware that in 10years time I will be able to speak to this industry not just in Nigeria but other parts of the world because just like every other industry growth is measure by your level of success and recognition.
    In building a career, one has to consistently seize every opportunity to listen to mentors and people who have been there before you. Attending this masterclass will be the rare opportunity of listening to my mentors and learning how to do it better and also reminder of why i choose this career.
    I will be grateful I am given this great opportunity. Thank you.

11. Enyoyi Eseoghene

July 31, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Question: Your biggest challenge in building a career in Nollywood.
    Ans: The biggest challenge many upcoming actor face in building a career in Nollywood is the lack of opportunities available for new actors and the lack of casting calls. Looking at the industry today and the wave of movies produced, it is evident that many major and supporting roles are occupied by already popular actors in the industry, whereby diminishing the much need opportunity to breakout in the industry. One hears little or no news about available casting calls for movies, it is now based on who knows who.

Question: How attending this masterclass can help you overcome this.
    Ans: Attending this masterclass will allow me learn how to handle and perform at auditions which i am not really used to and develop my acting skill which would also build my self confidence. It is also an opportunity to network with the likes of Ramsey nouah and Tope Oshin and learn some of the ropes that makes them beautiful actors today. Most of all, it brings me one step closer to achieving my dreams of breaking out into the industry.

12. Enyoyi Eseoghene

July 31, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Question: Your biggest challenge in building a career in Nollywood.

13. Enyoyi Eseoghene

July 31, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Question: How attending this masterclass can help you overcome this.

14. Bolaji

July 31, 2017 at 4:10 pm

You had to bring the comedy? People are talking serious business 🙂

15. Joy Gift

July 31, 2017 at 5:03 pm

1. Based on Experience, my Biggest Challenge as a female, has been male producers and directors wanting to go to bed with me, which I have refused to put down my dignity for Frivolities, and believed Go’s time is the best.

2. Apart from having to act, I know that attending this masterclass can make me learn from one of the bests in the industry, talking of the Likes of Tope Oshin and Ramsey Nouah. Thanks.

16. ENYOYI ESEOGHENE

July 31, 2017 at 5:15 pm

•Your biggest challenge in building a career in Nollywood.
    Ans: The biggest challenge for me is the diminishing opportunities and lack of casting calls for upcoming actors in the industry. Looking at the waves of movie productions, both cinematic and series, it is evident that there is a lack in appearances of new actor in prominent leading or supporting roles, which are still constantly occupied by popular actor.

•How attending this masterclass can help you overcome this
    Ans: This master class will help me develop my skill and prepare me overcome my fear of open call auditions which I find hard to do. It is also an opportunity to learn from these leaders in the industry and also a means of networking and learning some key roles to adopt in order to breakout in the industry.

17. Nwezi Kingsley

July 31, 2017 at 5:17 pm

My biggest challenge in building a carrer in Nollywood is finding the right platform to showcase my skills. I have attended several auditions but it all ended in futility. I believe one right platform is the key.

Attending this Master Class will enable me network with like minded and serious people that can develop and bring out the best in me.

I really can act.

18. Mirror

July 31, 2017 at 5:25 pm

I always forget my lines during auditions even when I have rehearsed it and memorized it well
    I will really would love to attend this as I believe I will learn how to overcome this fear.
    pls BN help me kick start my acting career.

19. Nneoma

July 31, 2017 at 5:33 pm

My biggest challenge is trying to understand how fair and meritorious our film industry is and how to be patient with ”her”.
    Here’s what I mean, how do I get to have faith in the fact that newer and equally talented people are given a chance when it seems it’s a man know man business so here’s where the patience to believe selection is purely not based on sentiments.

I think the class may be able to throw some light on the rudiments and right attitude to have in landing actual roles as I’m quite curious to find out .

20. Olubi Dejioloko

July 31, 2017 at 10:16 pm

My biggest challenge in building a career in nollywood is dieing without achieving my goal in life.i have strong passion for acting but have never been given the opportunity to do so. My mum always say that a day can change a life for good .i believe that this masterclass will change my life for good and also bring me out to the limelight .

21. Damilola

July 31, 2017 at 10:24 pm

1. My biggest challenge with building a career in nollywood is knowing where to start from and having a go to place for the right information, having access to help information and resources. I have a flair for acting and i a. Aeare that there is so much to learn. Feom speaking and script interpretation, to getting into character, to understanding lighting, to engaging with the camera and many more.

2. Attending this masterclass will help me in so many ways because i would be learning from giants in the industry who know their onions. They would give guidance on the paths to take and tips to help with auditions, script interpretation, absorbing and becoming the character i would get to play and so much more.

22. martins Tomi

August 1, 2017 at 12:57 am

Waow! This is going to be a life time opportunity for me to be under my role model’ s tutelage. It has bn my life long ambition to be a reputable actress with this golden opporrunity l would be eternally grateful.

23. Brisibe

August 1, 2017 at 9:11 pm

My biggest challenge is as a newbie in dis industry we don’t have opportunities to showcase our talents. Going for audition as a newbie is had bcos dey always end up taking the experiences actors. There is so much to learn and attending dis masterclass will help to understand the industry better.
    Attending this masterclass would give guidance on the paths to take and tip’s dat will help us wit audition. Getting questions answered by nollywood best Ramsey Nouah and Tope Oshin. I will be one step closer to achieving my dreams. Attending dis masterclass will be a dream come true.

24. David Maduforo

August 2, 2017 at 1:56 am

My name is Dave i’m 21 and my biggest Challenge is trying to bring the character i am asked to play most times to life some times I of react trying to make it seem real I’m passionate about acting as I have been acting since my days in secondary school at every opportunity I get this master class would actually change alot I have not had any classes on acting this would be my first and I would love to be a part of the class so I can learn from the best considering the fact that I will be going for the MTV Shuga audition it’s the perfect timing and opportunity for me to learn.

25. Ezeobi chinyere

August 3, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Am interested

26. Emem

August 4, 2017 at 10:00 am

My biggest challenge is the stage fright and me always being nervous. Acting has always been my childhood dream and it is the only thing I’m passionate about. I want to know how I can stop being nervous ,especially when I’m going for auditions.

Attending this Masterclass will help me go a long way as I will learn how to manage my stage fright, my nervousness, and how I can improve my acting skills. This is going to be an opportunity of a life time for me.

27. David Maduforo