Features

BellaNaijarians, Share Your Fuel Scarcity Experiences so far… & Tips ?

And the Fuel Queues are Back on our Roads - BellaNaijaIn what is now a staple to the December period, Nigerian roads are once again packed with cars ined outside petrol stations in a queue waiting to buy fuel.

Stress.

It began 2 weeks ago, and the government quickly assured Nigerians that the situation was a temporary one.

True to their word, the queues disappeared. Everything was fine. But only briefly.

Once again, the queues are back on our roads. The few petrol stations selling petrol have cars snaking out of their gates.

What’s worse than the scarcity itself is how Nigerians are taking advantage of the situation.

Twitter users have been sharing how petrol stations have been charging entry fees and hoarding fuel just so they can make more profit.

What’s the fuel scarcity situation like in your neighborhood?

Also, do you know any stations selling near you? There’s love in sharing o.

Photo Credit: @HEDankwambo

1. Missappleberry

December 20, 2017 at 8:50 am

Funny enough, I have been lucky in the past few days. I still remember the day I noticed the long queues just before I was aware of the scarcity. My tank was on reserve the night before and I didn’t bother cos I thought I would wake up like every normal day and buy fuel the next morning. Only to see the long queues on my way to work the next morning. I prayed and prayed as my tank was blinking empty. I finally got to mobile on Ahmadu Bello and they hadn’t even opened and I thought this was my last chance to park my car and trek. The fuel attendant was like they were expecting fuel soon. So I parked and just chilled and a few mins later, they started selling. I was second on the queue and when it got to my turn, behold they had no pos and I had just 2k on me. And then, a guy who came in to buy fuel in his keg, told me not to worry. He lent me 3k in addition and that was how I filled my tank. Since then, I think I have just been lucky though in terms of getting fuel. Last one was oando where I almost quarreled with the guy sharing tally/pass to buy fuel. That one is story for another day

Then, most importantly, I want to use this opportunity to rant about north west and heyden fuel station. The mess they are causing on that Vgc entrance can drive someone crazy! You can’t get into your estate and u can’t get out as well. Nigerians buying fuel are those stations as well seem to have lost their sense of reasoning. The traffic there is not for the faint hearted. I don’t understand what 2 fuels stations are doing so close to a residential area. So annoying and I just wish something can be done about it. Spent 2 hrs on that lane on Monday night trying to get into Vgc. Gosh! When are people even travelling for the hols so we can have a saner Lagos? I’m exhausted! ?

2. Charles

December 20, 2017 at 9:41 am

Omo I needed to go to Kubwa to pick up my ID card and the fuel tank was blinking and arming reserved, As a sharp naija boy I held bribe and went to fuel station near my house through the gate that’s meant to be lading out………well let’s cut the long story short,I beat the whole queue, paid the gate man a bribe and swish swish I was in and out and off to Kubwa in not Time!

I feel sad that there’s always a short cut means in naija but I can’t complain this time cuz it helped me sha o!

• TEE

December 20, 2017 at 3:01 pm

See yourself and you have the audacity to come online and spout this nonsence ! this is typical naija behaviour, we complain about corruption but yet we condone and partake and perpetaute it. Nothing will change untill each and everyone do the right thing no matter what.

3. Patty boo

December 20, 2017 at 10:12 am

The only place I know you can get fuel in ph is Igwuruta. The ones in my area look at cars before opening the gate, keke dnt even try yourself.
    We are really our problem in this country. I blame it on poor governance my reason = a talk for another day

4. omomo

December 20, 2017 at 11:04 am

my driver has been gone since morning to queue ..im just waiting at home ….hope he gets some

5. joy

December 20, 2017 at 11:54 am

i seriously hate what this fuel scarcity is doing to everyone, everything is so slow. i spent about 3 hours in the hold up around that vgc area on Monday night…it is really frustrating.

6. nene+

December 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Fuel experience ke? How about calling out the government and president who happens to be the minister for petroleum? You see double standards? Think for a second if it was GEJ ‘s government.

7. Blossombeautyfinesse

December 20, 2017 at 12:38 pm

They blocked the gate and I was trying to plead with them to get in…Then This G Wagon approached the gate ,trying to gain entrance..Next thing I heard;”Oga go park across,come down;make we talk”..the elder man parked as instructed and the approached “The Judge” with his hands folded behind him..Then :Warden- Mr Man when you finish from secondary school? Oga- Na since 1980 and from there i run comot . Warden-Is this your bear bear real abi na work? Oga-the bear bear do tee since e turn white. Warden -“examines the man from head to toe” Oya go carry your moto come inside! .
    All in the name of fuel scarcity; No kind of humiliation man no go see………Meanwhile,I still dey beg my turn ?‍♀️

8. Frank

December 20, 2017 at 6:53 pm

Another day another problem. When will the f—-ng Nigerian govt ease its citizens sufferings. During Xmas & New Year’s Holiday periods that people should show love, get together to be happy and Thank God for seeing the end of year and be hopeful for a better year. The Nigerian govt keeps making its citizens life harder and keeps showing how much it hates its citizens. Workers haven’t been paid, fuel scarity etc. Yet you have f—-ng Governors erecting statues, pastors asking for more tithes. SMH. Nigerians whem will you wake up and do a PURGE!!!!!!

• tunmi

December 25, 2017 at 3:42 pm

It’s moreso fellow Nigerians making things difficult for one another. We never like taking accountability

9. Mitchell

December 20, 2017 at 8:09 pm

I am just grateful I live close to work and I don’t have a car right now. Lol. The irony. The fare hasn’t even increased surprise surprise. More like miracle miracle lol. Thank God.

The sort of impotent rage that fills me about some things in Nigeria cannot be good for my over all health. Mtchew

10. Coly

December 20, 2017 at 11:54 pm

#NotoAPCandPDPcomes2019

11. Blessing.S.

December 21, 2017 at 12:16 am

Am so sorry to say this but why is it that whenever it’s Christmas period there’s always scarcity of petrol. And when it’s Muslim’s festive season there is nothing of such, there’s always petrol everywhere and transport fare does not go up…

• tunmi

December 25, 2017 at 3:43 pm

Don’t you dare. It’s the end of the year. Is there fuel scarcity during Easter? Also was there scarcity last Christmas?

Foolish.

12. Silver

December 21, 2017 at 5:35 am

Naija fuel scarcity always happens around the Christian festivals. Think about it. I think it is intentional, just like they are giving only 2 days for Christmas when the 24th should have been included. Please calculate how many days in totality goes to Islamic holidays and how many goes for Christian holidays. Hmmmm.

13. demash

December 22, 2017 at 9:55 am

Drove on a red tank from work home 3 days back and prayed that my car wouldn’t “quench” in the traffic. The day after I risked it to work and then saw a queue at Oando Marina. As I was about to park, a guy came and said “Oga, direct entry N500” – that’s how I got in and got fuel. If you ain’t streetsmart this season, you gonna give yourself a lot of stress. In Ekiti a week ago, we were buying for N160-N180 per litre.