‘Style Me Happy’: Travel Light & Look Fab!

One of the downsides of styling is being constantly harangued by family members, for style tips and advice. My elder sister, Mrs. Chioma Frederick- Eze, is always guilty of this! A mother of three adorable rugrats, you would think she would be a little bit less enthusiastic about fashion and its ever changing trends… Not the case, I must say… Still love you sis!

Ok! Her latest demand was to be styled from head to toe for her brief trip with her husband to Kenya during the last Sallah holidays.

Here are some pictures, and yes I styled her, “Grudgingly”.

Working with my sister is a bit of a no brainer to be honest. She is very flexible and ready to experiment. I chose outfits she could easily carry off, as she was going away and needed to be free, confident and happy. First I had to take stock of the weather in Kenya and dress her accordingly.

The outfit above is one of my favorites. It is a patterned vintage dress with different layers of tulle. Gorg! I teamed it with a denim shirt and brown belt for waist definition.

Chioma has a Long/Oval shaped face and this suits almost every hairstyle. I decided on a deep center part with very long hair, chic and striking. A fringe could have worked perfectly as well.

Chioma was travelling light and had to take just one handbag, I decided on this big dark red number. I made this choice after considering the colour and size of the bag as well as the clothes she was travelling with. Dark Red is almost as versatile as black and goes with most colours. In addition, the size automatically makes it a very convenient source of additional storage.

This floral playsuit is fun and flirty, Just right! It is casual, and made of a light fabric. The length is flattering and the loose figure skimming shape will hide any evidence of excesses during the holiday. Don’t forget the Sunnies! Very essential shield from the scorching sun. Always choose the right shape for your face. Be careful not to choose frames that overwhelm your face.

Much as I strongly deny being a trend follower, I suppose once in a while I get affected by what is going on around me. The patterns on the silk top and shorts are totally random, but at the same time come together nicely. It helps that Chioma has the figure to carry it off.

A teeny weeny number for the night time, seeing that the shorts were quite tiny, I balanced it out with a basic demure denim shirt.

For this outfit, I advised her to have her hair pulled back for a more polished look.

Travelling right and light can be a bit of a challenge. However, with a bit of innovative thinking or with the help of a stylist, it can be a breeze.

Here are a few Tips:

• Pack as light as possible. Black is a good colour if you need to dress up or be casual
•  Pack a handbag that goes with all your outfits
•  Choose shoes that can be worn with a wide variety of clothes
•  Keep the hair low maintenance
•  Pick out only staple pieces from your make-up bag

Implement these tips; it’s definitely a nod in the right direction!

38 Comments on ‘Style Me Happy’: Travel Light & Look Fab!
  • Ogo October 8, 2010 at 11:35 am

Nioce!!!!! ur sister is sooo chicky oh!! 3 k ids?? she looks mega sexy!!!
    i also style my elder sister too!! And even tho sumtimes she can be a pain in d butt but i enjoy it too..and she is a mother of 4 rugrats too.. lol, and looks gud as well!!!!

• Adowa October 8, 2010 at 11:36 am

Did you say she is a mother of three?Fantastic. Excellent lady…way to keep your figure!

• molade October 8, 2010 at 12:04 pm

she is absolutely gorgeous! but please those shorts are 2 short!!

• lizzy October 8, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Wow, she’s still got a nice figure after 3 kids. will like to be like her when i grow up.

• Luella October 8, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Omo ibo to dun!
    3 kids eh?
    i need ur family DNA!

• Amour October 8, 2010 at 12:37 pm

3 kids?!!! What does she do? Wowzers!

• niyoo October 8, 2010 at 12:38 pm

lovely. vewy vewy sezzy momma!!!
    good job on the styling :)

• jennifer October 8, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Shes so hawt !!! OUCH

• Naija Didi October 8, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Good job! She doesn’t look like a mother of three with these clothes, she looks hot, confident n sexy.

• Miss ATL October 8, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Very nice job!

• Mrs.RagaBlueberrymuffin October 8, 2010 at 3:09 pm

she has three kids????????????????i am hiding my self in shame :-)

• Mrs.RagaBlueberrymuffin October 8, 2010 at 3:10 pm

i love her weave, what type is this!!pleeeeeeeeeease

• Zara October 8, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Wow!!! For a mother of 3 she looks damn good! And you did good with the styling but please those shorts are just too short and inappropriate for someone her age. I understand trying to be trendy and trying to look and feel young but we must also dress appropriately for our age.

• Jayla October 8, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Please at what age should people stop wearing shorts, 18? 21? 30?

• click October 8, 2010 at 3:50 pm

she looks good! well done

• jeli October 8, 2010 at 5:35 pm

all i can say is sh elooks damn hot!!! not sure about the shorts though

• shade October 8, 2010 at 6:06 pm

She looks bomb!!!

• Myne Whitman October 8, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Great styles and she looks gorg too. Can you style my coming trip too? LOL…

• nomad October 8, 2010 at 6:53 pm

um those shorts are HOT. ABEG let her enjoy her body and wear the hell out of what she wants, she has paid her dues. basic principles is legs or cleavage and not both at the same time. Since the top is quite demure, let those legs free. damn, you people can be so judgmental.

• Beey October 8, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Okay go mums, she looks fabulous and has a pretty smile. Bit of a one-style trip though, could have mixed it up a little with at least one long item, but the point was to pack light and hey – whatever works for her and you…the shorts are hot, people please stop being so naija about a pair of shorts :P

• Dorah October 8, 2010 at 8:36 pm

She looks great for having three kids! She looks super relaxed too. It would have been great to see her in some more sophisticated pieces (a la Kris Kardashian, or even Victoria Beckham, Kerry Washington…) given that she is a mother. But she does look good!

• originalgbegborun October 12, 2010 at 2:39 pm

lol……you think those people are sohpisticated? Kris Kardashian???? I have to disagree totally. This lady looks aweome!! and super sophisticated

• Honey October 8, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Yummy mummy. I have got 2 kids as well. Lost weight from size 22 to size 12. Its feels good to be yummy mummy.

• Lagos Boy October 8, 2010 at 10:44 pm

HOT……

• babyjules October 9, 2010 at 9:58 am

I’m so excited to see a mother of three looking this chic. I’m particularly proud of Ezinne’s styling.
    And with such great body like your sister’s, styling will always be easy and fun.

• Callista October 9, 2010 at 10:00 am

The last pic showed her looking pretty sophisticated/formal…all she would have needed to ramp it up would be a form fittng jacket which i’m sure would have made her waay to hot in thet weather. I think the styling was marvellous! I’m sure her husband was VERY happy to show off his girfriendy-looking wife. HOT

• viv October 9, 2010 at 1:01 pm

chioma you look great as always, and guys easy on the shorts. she has the legs to pull it off and it doesnt look offensive. besides if you must know she was on that trip with her husband and if he doesnt complain why should we. way to go girl!

• vanessa October 9, 2010 at 2:46 pm

jeez bella ur sist is hot and wld give us single sistas a run for our money and even d guys
    big up urself big sist

• Miss A October 9, 2010 at 5:17 pm

3 kids?!?!?!?!?!? Keep on keeping on!!!

• maxyaxy October 9, 2010 at 8:27 pm

the shorts are inappropriate for someone her age????? how old does she look, cos she certainly don’t look old to me. she might just have been one of those ladies who got married at an early age. she went on the trip with her hubby, she has a great figure…nuff said. i love the shorts die….gotta look for a nice pair that i can wear on vacation with my husband too, 25 kids or not….lol…oops

• Omada October 9, 2010 at 11:43 pm

3 kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she looks fabulous!!!! as for the shorts, if her husband is not complaining, why should we? as for those talking about age appropriate , how old does she look?
    because you all read married with 3 kids you’re talking about age. nigerian mentality, if a woman is married she should start looking like an old woman. nonsense.

• Ginika October 11, 2010 at 8:26 am

I am also inspired! When I get married I’ll be hotter than me now.

• Norien London October 13, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Please I will like to know how old she is? may be old enough to be my aunty. She looks good anyway !!!!

• R-C October 17, 2010 at 6:08 am

Abi ooooo!!! How old is she?? i don’t remember the author stating her age in the write up. And yes,she is on vacation with her husband so she is entitled to be her sexiest.So freakin what if she has 3 kids? afterall i don’t think she drops her kids off at school with them shorts. Its a vacation for crying out loud, chill-lax ladies,you might learn a thing or two.
    Keep your man interested,i’m married and over 30 and yes i wear short-shorts and my husband absolutely loves it!

• ekwy January 5, 2011 at 2:21 am

GO Chioma!!! Go Ziiii!!!!!! Ezinne for president.

• Waruguru December 25, 2011 at 9:15 pm