Congrats to all our BN 25 Days winners so far!
We still have many exciting ‘days’ to come.
Remember that the Vlisco and VEDA contests are running throughout the promo period so keep your entries coming!
Today is all about WeWe Clothing. WeWe is one of our absolute fave ready to wear labels because of their ethical and fairtrade policies. Plus their pieces are simple and pretty!
Wewe, pronounced (weh-weh) means “little ones” in Yoruba, the language and culture of one of the three main tribes in Nigeria, West Africa. Wewe Clothing was born of our deep love for kids and the inspiration they provide. Wewe also aims to fill a void; over the years, we have rarely found fun, ethnic boho pieces for our own children. We hope Wewe will be a great guide for our children, aka “the wewe’s” of the world, to learn about all the different, exciting cultures this world has to offer.
A great deal of our fabrics, trims, and other materials are imported directly from Nigeria. Wewe’s founder and chief designer, Folake Kuye Huntoon, who has been a designer and stylist to celebrities, editorial/fashion magazines, and commercials for years, is a Nigerian based in Beverly Hills, California.
BN did an insightful interview and feature with WeWe last year, check it out HERE in case you missed it.
WeWe Clothing Questions
- Name 3 international celebrities have been spotted rockin’ WeWe?
- Fill in the blanks: WeWe makes clothing for women, ___ and ________.
- Several WeWe pieces have Nigerian names. Suggest an African name for a new WeWe piece. Tell us the meaning of the name and what item of clothing should be given the name (e.g skirt, top, tunic etc…)
Steps to Enter
- Visit the WeWe Clothing official website – Click HERE
- Visit the WeWe Clothing Blog – Click HERE
- Join WeWe Clothing on Facebook – Click to Join – FB Friends will be given preference in the event of a tie-breaker
- Answer the easy questions
- Send entries to email@example.com
- Subject Line: WeWe Clothing
- Entries should be received before 11:59AM (Eastern US Time) – Today 9th of December
Good Luck! We can’t wait to read your submissions!
Terms & Conditions for WeWe Clothing Contest
- Entries are open to all BN readers but prizes can only be retrieved in the USA or Lagos, Nigeria.
- Contest is only valid where contest terms do not contravene local laws
- Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winner will be chosen at random from pool of correct entries
- Only winners will be contacted
- To promote transparency and fairness, winners names will be published on BellaNaija.com
- One prize per person throughout duration of promotion
- We will work towards ensuring that you receive your prize expediently.
Drumroll! The winner is….
See her answers below:
1. Halle Berry, Marcia Cross, and Salma Hayek
2. Women, Men, and Children
3. Nma – ( An Igbo Nigerian name meaning “beauty”, the name should be given to a girly skirt)