News

“I Didn’t Hit Her”! Wana Sambo’s Former Employee Responds to Allegations

BellaNaija.com

GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week 2013 Wana Sambo - BellaNaija - October2013015
On Sunday, Nigerian designer Wana Sambo shared a press release that a former employee Adekunle Adelakun Adedayo, as well as his mother and brother physically assaulted her – read it here.

She claimed he destroyed company property during the attack and reported the case to the police that he was the one attacked
In an interview with The Net NG, Adedayo says reports that he beat her is “false”, her “didn’t hit her” and dissects the situation.

“On the 21st of May, I received a memo that I haven’t been doing my job and have been rude to her (Wana Sambo). I was told it would be my final warning. I tendered in my resignation letter the day after because my appointment letter stated I have to do so 14 days earlier.

On the 23rd, I went to work and she handed me a termination letter but I rejected it because I had tendered my resignation letter. She locked me up and said I couldn’t leave until I handed over all the company property that was with me.

I told her I would have to confirm from my lawyer first. She later let me go out and then I went outside the office to call my mum, she came over to the office to try to resolve the situation with her. Later, she called me to hand over the company’s properties which I did.

She (Wana) gave me a cheque paying me for the days I have worked and asked that I must sign the termination contract but I demanded she must state that I have handed over the company’s property with me.

This got her furious and while she was trying to collect the paper from me, she held my shirt and started saying all sorts of rubbish. My mum tried to stop her but she harrased her too, pushed me against the wall and did a lot of damage by herself.

I reported later and she was called later and detained for couple of hours before her step mother came to bail her.” he said.

1. @edDREAMZ

May 29, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I kind of believe this dude bcos mehn employers can fabricate shit just to defend their business and thats what she is doing indirectly….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. corolla

May 29, 2014 at 5:55 pm

So the business owner destroyed her studio herself..okay na

3. Cheliz

May 29, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Wow! come join the June weight loss challenge chelizrubycube.blogspot.com

4. Make I talk.

May 29, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I’m sorry but I never believed Wana from day 1 and her earlier statement had a lot of loop holes not to mention the ‘selfie’ with a ‘broken thumb’ but she could still carry a tote while taking the pic. I think it’s wrong to tarnish someone’s image because you feel you have clout in the Nigerian system. Shame won’t even let her apologize! Smh

5. pynk

May 29, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Wana sambo is always in a mix up. First it was her claiming someone was wearing her clothes she gave them to sell. Then next her brother involved. Be a designer and design. Dont be known for not handling your conflicts professionally. It is irrelevant whether or not she is right or wrong at this point

6. slice

May 29, 2014 at 9:03 pm

pls how old are you and why did you call your mother when you had a problem at work

7. Joke

May 29, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Lmao! Wana sambo and her drama/stories! The other time they threw her cloths out from a retail store,now employer fight! Babes relax. She’s even forming all professional and shi Lmao!

8. anthony

May 29, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Nigerian parents now adays spoil their children and i must say i am very afraid for this current generation. without even attempting to investigate any situation Nigerian parents are ready to throw any one on the train track for their children. The twitter generation from my experience are very spoilt and ill mannered and i must say from my assessment of this situation wanna was not wrong. If further investigations are done you will see that the young man in question was wrong. I have experienced this first hand and know that Parents never take time to investigate and usually end up putting people trying to help them in trouble

• mariam

July 4, 2014 at 1:15 am

Anthony, she was the one on who ran to instagram first, Judging from the whole matter, if she actually handed a termination letter first am sure the employee who have left with no drama, esp she instigated it.

9. wana ko, sambo ni

May 29, 2014 at 10:00 pm

i believe the guy….

10. mmm

May 29, 2014 at 10:37 pm

lol this wana girl ..from lespace wahala to this one again…

11. Tobs

May 29, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Why did ur mum come to beg if you “resigned”

12. Joke

May 29, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Bella post my previous comment na. Wana sambo is lieing I know that… The babe has character issues! Focus on ur tacky tailoring and leave drama alone!

13. Joke

May 29, 2014 at 11:05 pm

1st drama with lespace, then issues with where she stocked in Abuja,now staff issue….customer ish is there too……babe we jst want you go be a better person,growup. Bella post this o

14. Non professional opinion

May 30, 2014 at 7:13 am

Why would you need to ask your lawyer ( As if he has one) if you should hand over company property from a company you have “resigned” from. My guy, straighten this your story.

P.s Wana, stop washing your dirty linen in public.your ish is getting unprofessional.

• Nii

May 31, 2014 at 7:07 pm

When you resign and u are handed a termination letter the next day does it make sense. Well get him one since you have one. You have no clue what is stated in the terms of employment but you are talking like you are sambo.

15. Expectantly Hopeful

May 30, 2014 at 3:12 pm

I had similar experience except that it didn’t involve assault except for emotional blackmailing. My boss refused to collect my resignation letter until it was less than 2wks as stated in my employment letter, he then said that because of the lateness of the letter which is a breach in agreement, he won’t be paying me my benefits after 6 YEARS of HARD LABOR.

Some employers in Private enterprise are wicked

16. lol

May 30, 2014 at 4:15 pm

All these tailors aka designer sef with lying if her statement is false, naa waa o. I think they are all trying to seek relevance and popularity ni o jare.

17. falkebyaisha

July 1, 2014 at 10:44 pm

as an entrepreneur i know this first hand. you could really be unlucky with nigerian staff. the last time i was letting 4 of my tailors go i had to go with a hefty looking man to avoid wahala. lol.