Features

Isio Knows Better: Give Me Back My Stuff

Isio-Knows-Better-May-2014-Bellanaija1-562x600I sincerely lay no claims to being more knowledgeable than anyone, but I do confess that I know better than I did yesterday, last year and a decade ago.

Isio Knows Better is an attempt to capture the shocking and highly entertaining conversation within myself. The conversations between my mind (the sharp witty one), my soul (the lover and the spiritual one) and my body (the playful one concerned with the more mundane things of life). She is the eternal referee between the caustic mind and the sensitive soul. This is Isio. So, here’s to making private conversations public.

Enjoy!
***

We played many games- my siblings and I, we played many games growing up. Some of our favorites were mock swords-play; wherein we would turn our mop sticks into swords and try not to beat the hell out of each other. Sometimes we would play the island-game, which was quite simple really. We would imagine that the floor of our living room was a shark-infested ocean, and that the furniture was land. You stayed ‘alive’ as long as you successfully leapt (Olympic long-jump style) from one piece of furniture to another without slipping or having your feet touch the terrazzo floor.

Damn, I loved that game.

Sometimes we played civil games; like cards, ayò, and monopoly. They usually happened before 4pm when NTA would decide it was time to broadcast something like Voltron and Danger Mouse just for the kids. And as it happened on that day, we shunned the TV and continued to play the island game until we heard the shouts of an angry man at our gate outside.

A very angry man; judging from his yells and the force with which he kept banging at our gate. He had come with the wrath of a thousand hurricanes and seventy-seven storms. He kept yelling and banging.

“CLARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Come out here! I say come out NOW! Clara! I will BREAK THIS GATE O! I WILL BULLDOZE THIS GATE! COME OUT NOWWWWWWW!”

Did I mention we had an iron-gate?

Okay, we had an iron gate; those ones forged in the olden-days. So STRONG and unyielding it was, that it seemed like it had seen several generations and was still poised to stand gere-gere till the human race went extinct.

Our older cousins quickly came in and huddled us out of the parlor into a safe place, but before we left I gazed up to my cousin and said meekly yet mischievously,

“Ahan, Aunty Clara… why are you taking us away now? There is a man outside shouting your name…” I punctuated this with a glistening wide smile and I could literally feel her throat run dry.

“Don’t worry I won’t tell mommy, but I want to see!”

She refused of course, while my second cousin went outside to negotiate with the terrorist.

Long story short, his name was Musa, and he was in love with my beautiful light-skinned cousin (Clara). As a token of his love, he used to send her some chewing gum gifts, and my beloved cousin too was chewing this gum very well until they had some issues and she broke up with him and told him to move on. In retaliation, Mad man Musa (I mean angry, not coo-coo mad) decided to retaliate by making a fool of himself in our neighborhood. He demanded that Clara should either vomit all the chewing gum gifts he gave her or give him the total sum of the money he had spent on her during the duration of their chewing gum relationship. Of course the total was something like 54 Naira,72 kobo- but then this was back in the day when a bottle of coke was 75 kobo and our iron-gate was still unyielding.

If the gods could speak, they would tell us that what Musa really wanted was to gaze upon the eyes of his beloved Clara and have her lay his hot-head on her breasties while he used style-style to squeeze them for the last time (one for the road sturvz).But since Clara would neither see him nor let him squeeze her bossoms ever again, he quantified the total value of their relationship and demanded payment.

He left with 32 Naira.

Don’t you think it is just sad when people do things like this? And it is not just in relationships, but in friendships as well. You give someone something, and then you quarrel with them and then you want it back. A girl quarrels with her “best friend” and all of a sudden sends a scathing list of the things she lent her eons ago and comes with her “bodyguards” (aka new friends) to come collect them. Some of which includes the shoes that were borrowed when they were both in JSS2.

But, I am not without understanding, as I am aware that some people are just wired that way. If it doesn’t work out with you, they want their stuff back. Many I have seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears.

A girl riding a fancy car given to her by her ‘boo’- he breaks up with her and has the mechanic call her that the car was due for servicing. She drove to the auto-shop with her Mercedes-Benz and left with her Leggedez-Benz.

A guy telling me how his colleague had annoyed him, so he collected the padlock he had lent him for his locker as the colleague didn’t have any and he had two at the time. He was actually proud of himself. I felt ashamed for him.

I had had a misunderstanding with a friend once (a small, easily solvable misunderstanding) and then the next thing I know she sends me a stinker text message to collect the HOME VIDEO VCD she had lent my boyfriend (at the time) some five months earlier. An exchange that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ME, which happened without my endorsement or condemnation o! Walahi my hand no dey de matter as I no kukuma dey too watch film sef. Shuo, Oghene biko o!

Me I laughed very very well. Then I told both of them very sternly not to involve me in their bush-meat home-video-possession drama. Me, I should go and collect film for you? Wait there, no shift o, make I no for miss you… I dey come. Please wait welli-welli.

She never asked me for it again.

Some men in relationships defend getting their “stuff back” once that relationship hits the rocks, or if they had been spending on her and she refuses to let them do more than squeeze the bossoms for 30 seconds. While some women obstinately refuse to give up any thing that was given to them and even defend NOT giving them back their stuff, because according to them- they cannot take back nor quantify the mileage his mandingo had put on their baby-cat-o-meter.

Well, me I no know o.

Personally I am wary of receiving gifts from strange men because of Stories that Touch, and I tend to not part with anything I will ever want back. It is either I buy you yours, or if you borrow something from me, consider yourself gifted, because I will never want it back.

So, please help us understand, if you are a “collector” why you want your stuff back? How do you justify it? Are you not ashamed?

And if you are a “holder”-especially female- please help us understand why you will not just RETURN stuff and save yourself the embarrassment. Are you not ashamed? Abi is it all part of the tax called the Tohtoh Maintenance Allowance?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Isio Wanogho is a top-model, TV Personality and entrepreneur. She is conversant in five languages and has 12 years of experience in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Isio, popularly known by her brand name Isio De-laVega, captivates audiences with her signature wide smile and relatable, quirky personality which endears her to many. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @isiodelavega

1. slice

July 1, 2014 at 5:21 pm

read the article. funny. liked it.

2. BellaNaija.com

July 1, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Thanks to everyone who wants to leave feedback on our new site. We may not publish the comments in this post as we do not want to distract from the content. However, we are LISTENING & LEARNING!

You can email us via bella(@)bellanaija.com as well. Thank you

3. Que

July 1, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I personally do not ask for or return gifts after a rship ends…..I dont accept gifts frm random sources either… if I consider u a stranger or acquaintance trying to please me, I suggest a meal, that one u cant request back na…. I also believe its dumb as hell for women to equate not returning a gift solely cos he cant have slept with them for free…..if u slept with a dumb ass, n realise later, that was ur choice….think n do better next time. I believe love inspires giving, so naturally I will be mugu sometimes, but its my choice to give whatever, even if it might be exhorbitant, if I think I will like you to have it, then so be it…..asking for it back is just very immature….cos d truth is that returned gifts cannot wipe clean any anger or shame the demise of that rship may have come with…. It can pain, but I will get over it!

That said, if it was not a gift, aka loan…..please return it oooo! Dont be a thief in d name of love! Like he gives u his credit/debit card to pay for something….the something, is d gift, the card is meant to be returned or its use discontinued, if no permission is granted or the rship ends…..respect yourself biko.

4. Tantra

July 1, 2014 at 5:59 pm

If I must ask for anything to be returned to me, that would be my virginity. Kai, i miss being a virgin.For material things, you can keep it. The same applies to me too if it is a gift. If you buy me a car gift and it is my name, I wont return it. If it is in your name, I will return it if you want it back.

5. blaq

July 1, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Very funy and interesting article, wel I hav bn a lucky girl cx I borrow, buy, smtyms dash and dnt ask back, so out of my act of giving, most guys I hav bn friends with gave me so many expensive things and neva asked for a return. Thank God for their maturity cx if I were to to return them in monetary value…….Haba, I don’t fink I can.

6. foo fighters

July 1, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I had this friend back then in Unilag who kept a register of every item her boyfriend bought for her..I’m talking receipts, dinner dates, val gifts you name it.
    Once they had a quarrel and she retorts : “look you have only spent a total of N19,500 on me. Send me your account number let me repay you” dude was calm.

• The alex

July 1, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Lmao at dude was calm.

• Babytohcute

July 1, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Hahahaha! Sabi gal. Hahaha

• Noksis

July 2, 2014 at 10:24 am

Wallahi, your friend get time. Experience taught her i guess.

• Annie

July 2, 2014 at 1:18 pm

choi, badt babe…

• hadassah

July 2, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Lmao!

• Ayaba

July 2, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Damn!!! Chick had a premonition or what? hahahhahah

7. The Alex

July 1, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I always look forward to your write-ups. Interesting as always.

8. natty

July 1, 2014 at 6:53 pm

i had a quarrel once with someone and the babe said, I should vomit the food I ate at her place 2 weeks earlier. Fear catch me !! How I wan vomit the food na.
    After I broke up with my ex, he started whining about all the money he spent on train tickets and hotel bills, started calling me names et al. I jejely said he should calculate every thing, let me bless his account. useless thing!

9. Gorgeous

July 1, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Well, it depends on if it was a gift in the first place. The lady that got the mercedes surely was not expecting to keep it. In fact any self respecting human being will return such an item. Because you know it was given to you to help you ease stress and it was not transferred to you. As in bought in your name. The legal title still remains with the boyfriend. Such things, you dont break up and expect to keep it. As for regular chewing gum gifts, shuo. Till Jesus comes, not giving anything back. If he likes he can embarrass himself. This is why i dont borrow, i collect and we understand that i am not paying back, otherwise i dont want. I also keep far from people that count favors. They are annoying.

10. Omolola

July 1, 2014 at 7:04 pm

If its a gift, then it is totally yours. But if I loan you something, kindly respect yourself and return, but if you decide not to, I would stop asking.

11. Debee!

July 1, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Hehe, if he wants the gifts back, I shall return sharply

12. N.M

July 1, 2014 at 7:29 pm

I have given back gifts to an ex lover. I try as much as possible not to collect gifts from a guy I dont like, I do not even form the alliance so as to avoid stories that touch.

13. Thatgidigirl

July 1, 2014 at 8:13 pm

BN this new site is like when your friend travels to yankee to school and comes back with a foreign accent, the gist somehow wouldn’t flow for a while…i.e U guys are my yankee friend and i’m still trying to get used to this new format : ( ……i like the like buttons tho : )

• BellaNaija.com

July 1, 2014 at 8:23 pm

LOL Thanks for your feedback. We have lots of great functionality on the way. We look forward to you being a part of our journey as we evolve.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

July 2, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Sister, you’ve put a finger on exactly what I was trying to liken the new blog experience to but couldn’t quite articulate.

BN, una do well. Iz all very professional and snazzy looking, more grease. I needed a full day of observation from the sidelines (as, no doubt, the cavemen did when confronted by the novelty of fire) to really understand how to adjust to your new format but shall now take my ease as I previously did 🙂

Isio… *cough cough* I don collect my property from man before, oh. No judge me harshly. And I should say that I attempted to collect but the bros no gree… however, this was a useless ex-boyfriend that asked me for £5 of transport money that he spent on me (£5 oh, when your babe from Scotland enter plane, pay money inside Oyster card, carry present come dey find you for London… but who send me message, abi?) and I saw bright red when the shameless human being showed me the value of his affections towards me. To give you some further perspective, bros used to ask me to go halves on dates and the same rule applied even on the one solitary time he ever took me for a Valentine Day’s dinner. Never got anything back but at least I tried to recover my losses… 😀

Valuable lesson No. 1 learnt – DO NOT be pressured to accept anyone thrown your way just because well-meaning friends are trying to hook you up. They have good intentions but no be dem go carry the wahala which can sometimes arrive with such a “suitor”.

Valuable lesson No. 2 learnt – No manage man, oh. Especially a particular echelon of London boys – no use management enter relationship with those fellows.

• Ibukun

July 2, 2014 at 5:53 pm

LoooooL! Bless you! can you believe someone was arguing with me that the “halving-bill” thing is not true, I was like people do these things!!! tah! i’m irritated afresh, hian!

• Chichi

July 2, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Apt!

14. Thatgidigirl

July 1, 2014 at 8:15 pm

and oh! any guy that wants his stuff back should bring the contract we signed, oloshi!

15. Fashionista

July 1, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Lol, people that do that are so high school. A gift is a gift now? Except I loaned it to you, in which case, yep! I shall be asking for it back.

Btw BN, absolutely loving the new layout. And the “love” buttons, y’all were definitely listening to your readers, kudos!

16. stella

July 1, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Nice layout and i like to say your page is always fast no long thing like loading and comments always approved fast. Isio nice super story write up and love your hair in the picture up .what is it called if you don’t mind i dont have a twitter account to ask you there.

17. AG

July 1, 2014 at 11:07 pm

I like this new site it opens fast on my fone. Thumbs up 2u guys.

18. AG

July 1, 2014 at 11:14 pm

He gives me a gift and wants it back mtchewww I wld destroy it and give it back 2him. Bt if he borrowed me dat means there is an agreement dat d item would be returned so I wld return immediately. Bt no one has tried that wit me anyway.

19. ides of march

July 2, 2014 at 3:02 am

The user interface on the new platform kinda sucks. It’s very taxing and makes it very hard to follow through reading the articles, I give up! *sigh*

• Let's get it right

July 2, 2014 at 7:01 am

Tasking*

• rogue

July 2, 2014 at 1:08 pm

lol @ let’s get it right…please see definition of taxing below…lololol

taxing (ˈtæksɪŋ)
      adj
      1. demanding, onerous, and wearing

• rogue

July 2, 2014 at 1:11 pm

If you are going to correct another commenter, please take the time to google or check your dictionary first. It really does not look well on you if you try to correct the written English of someone else and end up making errors yourself.#just saying

20. Cee

July 2, 2014 at 7:33 am

Wheeeeew..BN,please I don’t like the new layout.It is difficult.Took me hours to locate this post.I notice its fast to open though and I love the “like” button.

21. gu

July 2, 2014 at 8:00 am

Loool, nice topic. I remember back in our skul days, my bf’s bro in Yankee bought me an mp3 player then. Lol and I quarreled wit my bf and he came to demand it back saying that after all, it was his brother dat got it for me. Well, I told him to tell hs bro to call me and ask me to give it back. Lool. I pushed him out of my house.. he later came back to apologize. Gats take him back na cos he was a spending bf…Lol. school days tho. *covers face *

22. gu

July 2, 2014 at 8:03 am

These days sha, i no dey collect. once I kno i can afford it i will get it for myself if I soooooooooooooo need it to avoid being tempted… Lol.. what annoys me abt d whole tin is dat some babes get insulted for what they can afford. Mtcheeeew. but d guys sef no dey try. Lmaol

23. Gentle someborry

July 2, 2014 at 8:09 am

@Bella Naija,

Kudos for trying something new. The “love this” icon on comments is a welcome development but please revert the page to the former. This format isnt different from every other blog around but the former makes BN unique. The former is more of a real website and its cute.

The wine/red wallpaper/layout i use to see by the side is also soothing but this plain white is a no-no. The font for the sub-tabs (e.g Home, News, Features, Events….) ain’t as fanciful as the former as well.

Regards!

• eesha

July 2, 2014 at 1:08 pm

I had the same thing on my mind, i especially love the red background. The old site made BN’s website unique, except for the like button, i still haven’t warmed up to this new change. BN pleeeeeeeeaaaaase bring back the red background.

24. Gentle someborry

July 2, 2014 at 8:41 am

Gifts, Gifts and Gifts!

Gifts should be given out of freewill without coercion, expectation of anything in return or attachment to any thing. Giving shouldn’t be one way (male~female in most cases, it should be reciprocal -male~female, female~male)

However, you and I know that love spurs individuals to giving. I appreciate you and i got this for you; you are always on my mind and i saw something nice and got for you; even though i don’t have enough, you are special to me and i can go out of my way to do anything for you (that kind of mentality)

Sex in a relationship is consensual. The guy slept with the girl and the girl slept with the guy (they slept with themselves). Any lady who says i gave him sex or i offered myself to him – is deprived of knowledge. Therefore you can’t say all the gifts and money is commensurate with the sex you had with him. If it were to be that, there is no difference between the lady and a prostitute, who sleeps around in exchange for something.

Furthermore, it hurts a lot to be heartbroken, taken for a ride or jilted. You and i know, that there are ladies out there who are very sure within them that they cant date/have something serious with this guy/man and continue to take all they can from him. There are many just using those men to kill time. I would say remember “there is God o”! No sinner will go unpunished ( whether on your head or your sons)

The solution therefore is two fold. One, to the men/ladies, give freely without any strings attached. If you are giving because of the feelings/love or future expectations of you being together, you are on your own o if anything happens later. Two, ladies don’t collect anything from anyone you know has intentions. If a guy is just being good, you know it. If he has interest in you, you know it. If you don’t see yourself dating him, tell him the truth and stay away to avoid stories.

Finally, both personalities will be stained when issues like this come up. Even though people may blame the man, there will always be gossips and side talk about the character of the lady. They can use that against you when a suitor goes inquiring about you.

25. four ones

July 2, 2014 at 8:44 am

not gonna get on a high horse and pretend like i am not a holder. i have eight sisters and the denouement of every fight is collection. So, i am not exactly awed by actions of this sort.

26. sum1special

July 2, 2014 at 8:46 am

I wont even return anything back. let that be my compensation for wasting time with yo ass.

27. TomatoJos

July 2, 2014 at 9:47 am

Been there o. was dating one guy in my 3rd year. Travelled to lag to celebrate my birthday with him and he bought me a phone…hmmmm…the guy was caring o. wld reject my calls and call me back when I tried calling him, send me airtime and money without me asking, etc, etc. Fastfoward a few months later, I went to phc for my I.T and couldn’t Visit him and talk with him like I used to cos of my Job, the guy then convinced me to come to Owerri to see him, unfortunately I went with the new BB I had then, alongside the phone he got me, the dude locked me in the house o, and collected the phone he bough me o. I was even lucky he didn’t collect the new BB I had on me. he just removed my sim card and gave to me. omo I carry my bag pick race before d n#gga would change his mind and collect other things. Since then I dey fear all these over caring guys because when they feel their love is scorned…they start plotting on how to make you feel as bed as they feel.lol

28. olufunmijay

July 2, 2014 at 10:32 am

collecting things back is one matter….another matter is deleting that person’s email,bbm contact,facebook contact,messenger,phone number and pictures..had a disgusting ex that used to do that all the time…and when we made up..he’d add me back…as in makawhy??
    at a point i just stopped adding him…no time…thankful for that break up

29. Annie

July 2, 2014 at 1:25 pm

If you give me a present, forgerrit, it is mine for keeps, if i buy u a present it is urs for keeps. In relationships i give and give lols, but if u ain’t giving in return and i start feeling like a mumu, presents will show at ur door step from me no more…….If its a loan, pls try and return it, do not make me ask oo, will definitely ask….

30. Daisy

July 2, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I used to read this lady’s series every week. Won’t do so this week or ever again. She re-posted a silly meme on IG mocking Ghanaian accent. If any group of people will mock an accent, it should’nt be Nigerians. Who doesn’t know about your accent? ‘Dokktooor’, Paarshew (pursue)……? The nerves. There are somethings that u can’t just trade your good reputation and brand for. You’ve lost me as a fan.

• miss jean

July 3, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Ok

• Kili

July 3, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Ok. Pls run along

• memebaby

July 6, 2014 at 9:45 pm

byee miss ghenien..bye byee..

31. hadassah

July 2, 2014 at 2:31 pm

My friend’s ex asked her for the engagement ring after they broke up. She asked him to return 5 years of her life and time wasted in the relationship. and the dude never called back for the ring. Personally, I would never return any gift acquired in the course of a relationship because I am equally a giver… if the guy likes he should call police, I won’t return the gift o! lol

• MC

July 8, 2014 at 2:27 pm

But why would your friend want to keep the engagement ring for????
      how odd

32. Ayaba

July 2, 2014 at 2:33 pm

hahahahahhahah This is too funny!! Isio will not kill somebori on this BN.
    As for me i have never asked for my stuff to be returned and no one has ever asked me to return their stuff. But i knw of pple who during their relationship were given presents. when the relationship ends, they call up their Exs to meet, during that meeting, they come along with the stuffs and smash them in their face followed by insults and then walk away. Talk about immaturity. SMH

33. Ibukun

July 2, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Okay BN, please bring back the red background. Everything else is cool, just add the red background back to it. e ku ise takun takun.

34. Hawt Stuff

July 2, 2014 at 6:50 pm

I thank God that never a day has come where I will have to return back a gift a guy has bought me. It makes me wonder if we start quantifying what we each have spent on the relationship, can you return back my time , effort & commitment. Anyway I am always careful, I prefer collecting cash gifts & gift certificates and make sure that at least you get to enjoy part of the gift with me because if you wan collect am, shey I go begin dey do BODMAS ontop the parts wey u don enjoy inside gift………….lol

35. DrWho

July 3, 2014 at 2:36 am

Isio Anastasia Wanogho!!!!!Shebi na draw and model u dey do, so you craze like dis?!!! You go me cracking with some of your stories mehn, did you always have this sense of humor sha…okay riddle for you…remember MFM teenage ministries tinz, you gave me a handmade birthday AND christmas card a looong time ago(gurl, you had love for me back then lol)…who am I? The clues don do!

36. mojiji

July 3, 2014 at 11:21 am

me once i give i don forget am o….but ended an engagement and kept gving d guy back his ring and he no gree collect…so i sold it and got meself a freedom gift i wanted….how i for do

37. miss jean

July 3, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Well me I don’t ask, and if you ask me I won’t even give it back.
    For what now? When I’m not a learner. He should forget it.

38. bee

July 4, 2014 at 9:12 am

lols @that Ghanian sister/brother’s comment.emo binu o

39. dior

July 4, 2014 at 3:38 pm

…………….”they cannot take back nor quantify the mileage his mandingo had put on their baby-cat-o-meter”……………………too funny

40. DjDMA

July 5, 2014 at 9:51 am

This is so true! I remember just like yesterday so many moons back when I meet my girlfriend who is now my wife. Courtship and boyfriend-girlfriend relationship back then was going out to the cinema hanging out in some dingy joint eating meat pie and drinking coke!
    Fast forward 2014 (20 years later) Relationships today is about gifts money and what you have to give some will expect you to buy cars build house for their parents and pay school fees with no guarantee of marriage and when the highest bidder or bigger spender comes calling the story take a new turn (you are not good enough for me) hmmm am so grateful I grew up and got married when life was good!
    I feel sorry for this generation (Is there anything like real love any more?)

41. ROBINAHOOD

July 5, 2014 at 7:15 pm

and thats why i dont collect gifts ooo! i dont want these guys to think its free for all. esp nowadays that guys expect some kind of kim kardashian sex! no be me oo! i am not going to let u wash my body before my husband gets a chance to see it! bye bye

42. romy

July 6, 2014 at 4:55 am

I LOVE YOU ISIO!!!!!!. plenty homo lol. You always make my Tuesdays. Laughter for days.

43. Hairmillionaire

July 9, 2014 at 1:24 am

Wow??? Mz SA £5??? I’m in shock, that is ridiculous!

44. sandra_biobele

July 13, 2014 at 12:33 pm

thats how one guy paid my cab fare once ooo and then started calling to say how after he had spent money on me i refused to come see him, chineke!!! me too i said please how much is this money that i wont hear word and then the dude goes ‘o thats what you are saying abi, pay me back all the money i have spent on you since i met you, i tot it was a just so i said calculate and dude said 16,250. i was gobsmacked, i told him to go meet the girl that sells recharge card at my junction and collect his money and the shameless mofo did!!! kai. nowadays to collect one naira from man is like a bone in my throat.

45. sucie

July 14, 2014 at 8:25 am

This got me thinking way back when I get into a fight with my sister n end up destroying all she has ever given me including cloths, shoes, bags… everytin bcos I know she will definitely want them back…

46. Ivy

July 22, 2014 at 11:30 am

No one has ever done that to me & vice versa. Need to digress, was to go on a “date” with an acquaintance during the world cup, he says he wants to watch the match & i agree. So i tell him of this nice place near my office cuz i need to eat & he says cool, then asks for the cost of the food. Fear & surprise caught me…..as in really? Told him i planned to pay for my meal, he agreed that he will come then i put off my phone. Idiot!!