Features

Ariyike Writes: Doing ‘Abnormal’ Things For Money

Ariyike Akinbobola - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01004We live in a world where abnormal occurences have gradually started making their way into our normal small world. Things that used to be abominations are things we now hear about on a regular basis.

A few days ago, I read a real life story about a 19 year old boy in Edo state who was caught having sex with a dog. He confessed that he had had sex with different dogs five times. Yesterday, I read about another 19 year old boy who raped a chicken until it died. That same boy had previously had sex with a goat in the past. Then, I saw a picture of a creature on Don Jazzy’s Instagram page that looked as if it was half chicken, half fish. Let’s also not forget the Ebola virus that can be contacted through interaction with certain animals/birds.

All these happenings took me back to some real life stories I had heard in the past. I will share two of them with you. The first one being one that my family friend shared with me. She used to be the personal assistant (P.A) to a top Lagos society woman. The woman’s private office was located inside her home. She had a skinny black cat that was always clinging on to her. My family friend, (a university graduate) used to do a lot for her madam. She even used to clean her room, even though Madam had a housekeeper but she wasn’t allowed into her room. Her P.A was the only person allowed into Madam’s room. One day, P.A walks into Madam’s room, Madam didn’t even realise that P.A was inside because Madam was in cloud 9. Guess what was going on? Madam’s cat was giving her a lick. Her cat was giving her head as in oral sex. Her P.A quietly walked out, carried her things and never went back to work.

The second story was one that a cab man shared with my neighbour and I. He had taken one of his female passengers to a mansion in Lekki. The owner of the house, a rich chief had come to open the gate by himself. He had no security man. Cab man was so humbled that such a rich man could come and open the gate by himself. Cab man drove in, passenger disembarked from vehicle, chief and passenger hugged and they both went inside mansion. After about 30 minutes, passenger started screaming “help help”. Cab man said he didn’t even think about going to help because he was afraid for his own life and wanted to drive out. He got
to the gate only to realise gate had been locked with a huge padlock.

Cab man unleashes his cutlass, creeps quietly to where initial noise was coming from, peeps through almost tinted window of chief’s house to find chief holding a snake and slowly inserting snake in and out of passenger’s vagina. Cab man quietly pukes on the spot and returns to vehicle.

After about 15 minutes, passenger arrives excitedly with a huge bag of cash. Chief opens gate for cab man and snake shagger. They say their goodbyes. Snake shagger begins to call her female friends to tell them chief gave her one million Naira (1, 000, 000 naira) for coming to see him that she didn’t even sleep with him. She didn’t mention that she was made to sleep with a snake. Cab man said he couldn’t believe his ears. He kept shaking his head and wondering how gullible her friends must be. Cab man finally arrives passenger’s home about 10 minutes away from chief’s mansion, all within Lekki. Cab man had initially charged two thousand Naira (2000 naira). As passenger alighted from taxi, she took out one hundred thousand naira (100, 000 naira) from her bag of cash and gave it to him. Cab man said he was too scared to collect the money with his hands because he felt it was blood money so he told her to drop money on the front seat. He never disclosed if or how he ever spent the money. I asked him how old the passenger was and he said she cannot be more than 24 years old. Now this girl may have a young boyfriend who she will pass snake semen to. That one is story for another day.

Do these people even know the spiritual and legal implications of their actions? Having sex with an animal is sinful, dirty, disgraceful, degrading and unlawful. You can actually get arrested for it. It is an offence against morality. *Permit me to wear my lawyer hat* This act is classified under unnatural offences in Section 214 sub section 2 which states that any person who has carnal knowledge of an animal is guilty of a felony and he is liable for imprisonment for 14 years if he is found guilty.

My message is mainly for the young girls out there. Greed is really killing a lot of young females in our society. We can all see that the world is full of material things. However, contentment is one virtue that many are lacking. Don’t look at anyone and think they are richer or better than you. Focus on your craft and work towards developing yourself. You may not have all you want now but with God, hard work and dedication, you will get there. Stop comparing yourselves with your friends. You don’t know what your friend is doing for money. Committing the act of bestiality should never be a way of making money. Learn to face your front and stop looking at what others have.

BellaNaija readers, I want people to learn from this. Please share real life stories you’ve heard about the scariest things people have done for money.

Ariyike Akinbobola, popularly referred to as Lady Ariyike, is a foreign trained lawyer and senior immigration analyst. She is an award winning TV host, author, MC, content creator, and humanitarian. She also coaches immigrant families relocating abroad on expectations and how to navigate their new reality.

Ariyike is the founder of Ariland Entertainment where she showcases the African culture, fashion, lifestyle and Immigrant experiences through storytelling and film. She previously worked as a talk show host and TV producer for over 7 years abroad and gained experience in TV presenting, production, editing, writing TV treatments and scripts for TV and acting.  Ariyike has a certificate in Child Protection: Children’s Rights in Theory and Practice from Harvard X. A Diploma in TV Presenting from the prestigious London Academy of Media, Film and TV.

She was recognized as one of the 100 most inspiring women in Nigeria in 2019. She has won several awards such as WAW Award, London. UNICEF/UNFPA Frown Award - Female Genital Mutilation Abandonment Advocate of the year, La Mode Humanitarian of the year, Mademoiselle Role Model Award, The Women’s Federation for World Peace - Ambassador for Peace Award amongst others.

Ariyike, through her Ariyike Arise Initiative, has helped to fund the education of Children in disadvantaged communities. Through their schools outreach, they counsel, coach and enlighten children and teenagers about the importance of Peace, Education, Empowerment and Community Development.

She is a guest columnist on Bellanaija.com and she volunteers as a Content Creator Partner for the United Nations Refugee Agency in Canada (UNHCR). Ariyike is married with Children. Her book, The Cost of Our Lives, is available on Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/COST-OUR-LIVES-Pandemic/dp/B093R5TKCJ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=ariyike+the+cost+of+our+lives&qid=1632077452&sr=8-1

1. Queen of Everything

August 28, 2014 at 10:09 am

obara Jesus!!

2. Pius Christiana O

August 28, 2014 at 10:11 am

Oh my God….really scary oh big sis. My mom always told me stories like this which she hears daily from her friends and colleagues because she is a teacher. Young ladies need to be careful in order to avoid being used as instruments for demonic things.
    We might not wear the expensive jewelry and use expensive bags but once you are doing things genuinely with God and hard work, things will work out fine.

3. lila

August 28, 2014 at 10:13 am

Ariyike..your stories are actually not shocking.in the very occultic society we live in there are so many “unnatural” acts people will stoop to in order to attain wealth.the race for power and money have driven man further and further back into the clutches of the “dark arts”.this is what we get from honouring successful people without investigating the origins of their wealth.

4. yOMI bLACK

August 28, 2014 at 10:16 am

Lord have mercy

5. RS

August 28, 2014 at 10:18 am

Na wa o…..

6. Uju

August 28, 2014 at 10:26 am

OMG! *speechless* I’m clearly living in a bubble!

7. AA

August 28, 2014 at 10:26 am

Lovely article!!!!…..Very needed in the world we live in today… Pple re just too competitive, and the funny thing is, no investment with all d so called money, if its nt weave, its clothes or meaningless stuffs to show off..
    That ‘s why I keep my circle so small, I dnt like unhealthy competion..the lesser, the circle, the lesser , the drama…nd trying 2 meet up with meaningless standards!……It’s even better if you your company alone.
    I ‘ve seen ladies that can overdress, use the latest thing in town, but when you go to their houses, it’s horrible, no basic household appliances, or its so obvious the house needs renovation or some repairs,..( Though, i dnt lik pple looking untidy, or nt well dressed, i just lik it when pple strike a balance in all areas of their lives!) .For some pple, as far as dey look good and noticable outside , that;’s all that matters!!!.. .priority !!!.
    Lovely article once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. bruno

August 28, 2014 at 10:26 am

I can’t believe I wasted my minutes reading this article,The person that wrote this article is a dumb -, all this myths and legends stories, madam coycoy stories.

• abby

September 2, 2014 at 11:54 pm

U Neva say any tin reasonable,y? Do u stay in mars or something? If u not aware dat tin happen in dis our world….or maybe u one of doze that do bizarre stuff

9. AA

August 28, 2014 at 10:27 am

oops!!..its better if u love ur company alone!!!..that’s what i meant!

10. bruno

August 28, 2014 at 10:40 am

After reading this, I feel like the writer wanted to include men having sex with other men for money, but lost the courage to do so. LOL SMH the writer is a lawyer that believes in god, this kind of person will allow their religion to cloud their judgement, I am highly disappointed in this article BEllanaija, this is so crude.

• Ololajulo

August 28, 2014 at 1:35 pm

@Bruno, you obviously suffer from the paranoia gays stereotypically suffer from. It is not always about you gays, besides what happened to freedom of expression and the right to individual opinions..

• Ololajulo

August 28, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Try as you might, you can’t make us all accept or approve of your acts .. Let it go…

• Loulou

August 28, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Really you need to stop this your delusional comments, we don’t give a damn if you sleep with men or women,go and get a life

• Layo

August 28, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I blame bellanaija for still finding a place in their heart to approve all this your anti-God comments. ..when does it end. … I take it you don’t see anything wrong with the immoral acts aforementioned. . I pray God heals your soul.

11. deb

August 28, 2014 at 10:40 am

Hmmmm. I just wonder what the vet doctor would feel like if he knew what the cat was doing to its owner&that the cat is not an ordinary cat.
    Fast forward to that snake girl, she is courageous, how can she step out of that situation&still be making phone calls, unfortunately 1M will not cure the sorrow that incident will give her.
    REAL LIFE STORY: I know of a girl she is from a rich family,even upon service, her father bought her an avalon. She is all shades of preety. As fair as Caroline danjuma, busty as cossy, ass as big as toolz(im serious) with a delicate face but from her youthful days she has been enjoying life with men, She went to serve in a govt parastatal in abuja&all of a sudden she fell ill. She had cancer of the anus, uterus, ovaries&in the vagina. It was pathetic, she was ill for a year, called a pastor for confession two days before her death that it was herself &her friend that got involved into something that her friend died after 7 days. Her case was ireedemable as pastors were saying her body parts have been used. So please these things are REAL!!!!

• Gorgeous

August 28, 2014 at 11:30 am

Errr… Young girl probably had good old cancer probably caused by HPV virus. The thing is when Nigerian’s swing from guy to guy, some guys are HPV carriers and keep spreading the disease around to women. If you did not get vaccinated for it, you will catch it and it does cause very dangerous cancers. A lot of these old men are full of all sorts of diseases that can cause death. In the quest for easy money, girls die like chickens. Let’s not even go into the concoctions and beastiality that some of these old men do which brings in new and undiscovered diseases all in a bod to get rich. Young girls please respect yourself and be very very careful. The money you collect today and think you are rich, may not be enough to take care of you when you fall ill.

12. steve

August 28, 2014 at 10:42 am

Sounds like a script from nollywood. The problem with these kind of stories, is that they are usually fictional sometimes. I am wondering when others start sharing their stories, the kinda horrible things we would read about. Please spare us the gurry stories and pass your advice on. The author even finds it hard to link the stories of the boy in Edo and the one that slept with chicken to sleeping with animals for money sake or for pleasure or stupid curiosity.

13. bruno

August 28, 2014 at 10:46 am

Very pretentious article,u should have just written an article telling us how bad, immoral and criminal gay sex is cause we know that’s what’s really on ur mind mrs ariyike.

14. Eyitayo

August 28, 2014 at 10:51 am

omg! snake in and out of a vagina? what the society will cause ehn one can only ask for God’s have mercy…just cos ur friend is using flashy things u too will want to use without finding out what the source…it is well

15. www.thelmathinks.blogspot.com

August 28, 2014 at 10:56 am

If I begin to talk about ‘abnormal’ things some people I know have done for money I’m not sure when I’ll finish.
    Yet just one incident I’ll speak about because the person was a very close friend; the ‘usual’ jazz some chics do to get their magas to ‘over-pay’. She showed me the cuts on her tongue and on both palms. She said they drew blood from her mouth and her hands. Yeah the money came but I felt quite sorry for her. Is it really worth it? Just in case you’re wondering; HELL NO!
    In my first year also, another friend after hearing me complain about being broke came to offer a way out; apparently she was going to PH the next day and said I could come with her. She said ‘Anal’ was going for 200k but if I played my cards right I could get 250. And depending on the number of ‘customers’ I had, I could return to school in a few days with over 1M. Thankfully I’ve never loved money that much.

• jcsgrl

August 28, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Please tell ooo abi should I run off to your blog to get the rest of the gist? Mehn I’ve been living in a bubble. Things are happening o!

16. chica

August 28, 2014 at 10:59 am

My jaw jst dropped for the snake story….God help Us and give Us. The spirit to b content.

17. bruno

August 28, 2014 at 10:59 am

Bella naija you decided not to post my comments. LOL. Pathetic

• ade

August 28, 2014 at 12:24 pm

bruno is burnt. lmaooooooo

18. new bride

August 28, 2014 at 11:04 am

Not sure why you message is mainly for young girls, the boys sleeping with goats, dogs and chickens nko? Shouldn’t they also be warned?
    What about the young guys sleeping with older rich men for money? Please don’t make it seem like young girls are the only ones being lured by the trappings of the so called good life.

All young people need to heed this warning. There’s more to life than money! Work hard, try you best to live a righteous life and what’s yours will come to you in due time.

• Bella

August 28, 2014 at 11:59 am

Young, old, and human, we all need to be aware of what is happening around us and not fall prey to the world of the devil and its darkness. This money situation has no age or gender, but it is the poverty and am sure greed that drives hopeless people to these various corners of the dark earth. God forbid I should ever defile my body in this matter all for earthly riches! How many of these so called people would rush to do same for Jesus!

19. Spicey

August 28, 2014 at 11:06 am

This is absurd meehhn!!! A snake and a cat giving a head?? ori iya mi o!! I thank God for the way I was brought up and kudos to my mum whom in her strict ways imbibed in me the act of being contented with whatever I have.

20. Deedee

August 28, 2014 at 11:10 am

Wonders shall never cease.Dear God Almighty , please protect us from evil men and women, this world is indeed a scary place…..

21. lilian

August 28, 2014 at 11:25 am

Godliness with contentment is great gain.

22. Grown Woman

August 28, 2014 at 11:36 am

Chei the kind of things people do for money, surely God has a lot on his plate.This world is turning people to money worshippers i know this chick who gets screwed every now n then for money.All she does is buy shoes, handbags and clothes im like if thats the kind of lifestyle one has decided to have, at least invest in better things.

23. chick

August 28, 2014 at 11:49 am

I heard of a lady dat once changed to a cat after d manfriend saw her jazz.she had to be taken to minna for d native doctor to work his magic on her.I saw this lady wit my two eyes n my mum n aunts started telling us of her.I heard the story when I was younger but never believed but wen I saw d lady wit my two eyes n how she was a hot runz babe back in d days I was shocked.

24. Glowing

August 28, 2014 at 11:51 am

Unimaginable Ariyike! Shivers down spine kind of stories. Godliness with Contentment is Indeed Great Gain. 🙁

25. Akila

August 28, 2014 at 11:53 am

Tales by moonlight things!

26. ade

August 28, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Can anyone remember glamour girls part 2 ,the Nigeria movie of back then that featured people like Gloria Anozie and some other veterans, shes married to Nobert Young now. They had the scene with the prostitute that was forced to allow a snake go into her vajayjay and come out….. There is the story of four ib* men who wanted to be rich and went to see a native doctor and he said he will turn them into birds and they will go suck on people’s blood and when they returned he will change them back and they will prosper at anything they laid hands on. 2 backed out and 2 went. the 2 that went succeeded and were successful and became rich. the other 2 went back to try unfortunately while they were still in bird form, the native doctor died in a car accident and no one could change them back. Their friends looked for another native doctor but all rejected the guys in bird form. They died a few weeks later. I kept thinking when they face God, he will ask them I made you humans and you died as what????

• nene

August 28, 2014 at 8:05 pm

is this story true or a hollywood movie?

• nene

August 28, 2014 at 8:05 pm

is this story true or a nollywood movie?

27. Tru

August 28, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Dear Arikiye, the truth is the evil that’s been happening has always been around. We simply get to see and hear more now mainly because of social media and faster dissemination of news. You’ll be surprised at what males and females do behind closed doors, and I don’t mean just in Nigeria or even Africa.

28. TANTRA

August 28, 2014 at 12:07 pm

This snake story is not very convincing to me.
    Flops:
    !) Taxi man had cutlass in his car? Did this happen in 1930?
    2) He saw the snake episode and still stayed put. He didn’t jump off the fence? He didn’t use cutlass to break the padlock.
    3) He charged 2000 to a random passenger
    4) Why would he wait for a passenger that probably didn’t tell him to wait. Drop off and go. When she is done, she calls another cab.
    5) He didn’t want to touch the money and so he told her to drop it on the seat. Wont he still touch it? Abi na crane go carry am.
    Anyway, things dey happen sha. The stories when shared by third parties are usually overrated.

• mama nony

August 28, 2014 at 12:41 pm

some stories are better told than experienced, believe me

29. babygiwa

August 28, 2014 at 12:34 pm

This is absurd! God forbid, i’m in my final year in Unilag and believe me these stories are true. You should see what girls and guys do for money. A friend once called me and all she said was ’70k, Enugu, 3 days, will you go’? I was shocked, after telling her never to call me for such runs again, I jejely deleted her from bbm. My mom instilled contentment in me and with God, hardwork and dedication I will get to my place of destiny. Oshi rada rada

• Joan85

August 28, 2014 at 3:52 pm

“70k, Enugu, three days…” that got me ROTFLMBO!!! 🙂

• nene

August 28, 2014 at 8:06 pm

lmao

• MamaHen

August 28, 2014 at 11:25 pm

A friend showed me an SMS on her phone which read, ” 2 for 150″, I asked her what it meant and she said 2 babes on 1 guy,150 k each. Guess what? SMS sender and receiver are married lesbians.

30. Eric

August 28, 2014 at 12:36 pm

The evil in Nigeria na opposition for God to answer Nigeria prayer, c the country as he wohwoh and everything upside down, no real progress only progress on paper……….God have mercy

31. Chica

August 28, 2014 at 1:26 pm

My effin goodness, your stories are always so bloody sanctimonious. You start off with guys sleeping with animals and moved on to girls. You simply forgot about the boys abi? And apart from the last case mentioned (the snake case), which of the other “actors” in your stories participated in bestiality for the purpose of money? Bestiality is a fetish that a number of people get into. Yes, it is sick & disgusting and can be termed animal rape, but not everything as to have some occultic ring to it.

Most Nigerians (using the commenters on this story) are so flipping gullible. Religion will just cloud your brains. Always ready to believe what someone’s friend said, yet the writer herself cannot claim to have actually been a witness to any of the cases, especially the last 2, as the first 2 were reported in the news.

Why I am actually upset is because of the attack on females. What is it with females always trying to denigrate other females? If a woman wants to have sex for money, let her be. It is her body. You need to realise that not every one is of your faith and your standards should apply only to YOU (& your kids, if you will, as the would grow up and do whatever they like). And why do you not warn young men? Aren’t those the people who you have actual facts on (re the first 2 stories) committing the act of bestiality?

I am so disappointed in the quality of stories bellanaija deems fit to publish. Even more saddening because I have written for you and the reason why I choose to write on BN was because I though it’s readers were of a higher, more intellectual calibre. Pathetic

• So Sad

August 28, 2014 at 7:56 pm

So Bruno you have now changed your name to Chica..
      Get a life would you??

• nene

August 28, 2014 at 8:07 pm

what is it? are you one who does abnormal things for money? nne cool down

• abby

September 3, 2014 at 12:15 am

Take a chill pill,miss…am a young girl and I think dis piece is educative….a lot of us don’t have mamas dat would caution us….bdw,u can’t speak on every area,if u feel dere should be an article for the male folks,den y don’t u write one urself?? Huh??

32. Foo fighters

August 28, 2014 at 1:37 pm

All of you that are saying it’s all fables and tales haven’t seen anything yet. Let a proper Unilag runs girl sit you down and jist you. Your ears will ring!

33. sum1special

August 28, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Blood of Jesus.

34. Ade

August 28, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Contentment is earth’s natural wealth. When you love what you have, you have everything you need. #Cheers

35. ladylicious

August 28, 2014 at 2:10 pm

The truth is as overrated or unreal as some of these stories might seem, there are probably more unspeakable things going on in the world. Because there’s a lot of black magic still rampant in this part of the world, we are quick to attribute to material gain. What of the people who do it for excitement or a ‘sense of adventure’? In their warped minds, the basic sex doesn’t do it anymore so they look for other things to spice it up. I have heard of stories of cats & dogs (the little cuddly types) being actually trained to be licking companions. In fact rumor has it that’s why it’s become so popular amongst old rich women & celebrities in the western world. Or people who kidnap little kids for the sex market? Basically I believe We all have a social responsibility to instill certain moral values in our kids/wards. That’s one way we can maintain some sort of decorum in this ever changing world hence some of us would be considered relics as there are things I personally cannot accept as normal!

36. Berry Dakara

August 28, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Nah, I don’t believe these stories.

• Tbaby

August 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Nah, no one is asking u to.

37. NYCLegalDiva

August 28, 2014 at 3:10 pm

I could not finish reading the post. So disgusting!

38. Thatgidigirl

August 28, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Hmmm! Ariyike!!! That’s how you came with the guy that was giving his maid a head in lekki. Are you sure you won’t start your series of paranormal and abnormal activities in Lagos? It will be a hit o, think about it….just saying. I believe there’s good and evil, but these….

39. Betty

August 28, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I was denying when someone told me that a rich man here in Kampala has a nice house filled with everything he want. He even had a dog. It seems that he always get these sex-street girls and take them at his home. Those girls promised never to go back again with that man because reaching there, he first give drinks (beer or wine) then he call out his dog while he is with the girl in the bedroom.. He tells the girl to lie on the floor and the dog start to make sex with the girl. I heard that story and refused to agree but things are there people… But God Jehovah promised to remove all the wicked ones here on earth… Shame upon those people who are behaving like that. We pray.

40. Fume

August 28, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Wow! wonders shall never cease

41. nene

August 28, 2014 at 8:00 pm

ifeneme. i first knew about the snake thing from the nigerian movie “glamour girls”, an di thought it was just a movie. the cat story is truly disgusting.

42. wisest duchess

August 29, 2014 at 10:34 am

Hmmm…my ears have heard things…

43. Mystique

August 29, 2014 at 11:46 am

@Bruno, kindly replace ‘god’ with ‘God’….He is ALMIGHTY. I pray you never encounter any situation in your life that will make you call on His name cos like the bible says ‘Because you hate knowledge and did not choose the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when the thing comes that shall cause you terror and panic; Then will you call upon me but I will not answer; you will seek me early and diligently but they will not find me’……….. be careful Bruno.

On the article, i find it a little uncomfortable that the young lady will give a cab driver 100k out of 1million……..and the driver still agreed to take her back home after seeing what she was doing… That said, we live in very dangerous times. The only way out is to embrace Jesus. No other way.

44. Jeremy,s mum

August 30, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Section 214(2) of what law exactly? Do snakes have semen? Thanks for sensitizing Ariyike….

45. ketia

September 16, 2014 at 1:15 am

you know what else is sinful, dirty, disgraceful, and degrading? Homosexuality. A few years ago people spoke about homosexuality the way this article is speaking about beastiality. If time goes on and God does not destroy this disgusting world our kids will be watching beastsexual pride parade. I promise.