Features

Isio Knows Better: Winchi Winchi

Isio De-laVega

Isio-Knows-Better-May-2014-Bellanaija1-562x600I sincerely lay no claims to being more knowledgeable than anyone, but I do confess that better than I did yesterday, last year and a decade ago.

Isio Knows Better is an attempt to capture the shocking and highly entertaining conversation within myself. The conversations between my mind (the sharp witty one), my soul (the lover and the spiritual one) and my body (the playful one concerned with the more mundane things of life). She is the eternal referee between the caustic mind and the sensitive soul. This is Isio. So, here’s to making private conversations public.

Enjoy!
***
We decided to skip afternoon classes that day. Wait, wait, wait… it wasn’t like my friend and I were bad students.It was just that, that day we had already had our normal school day (8am-2pm) and we would have evening prep (let’s say another two hours) and then further night reading (another two hours); then, as seniors we would still have “over-night reading” – which was typically from 11pm until such a time that your brain rebelled and refused to cooperate anymore. Therefore, “stabbing” the ninety minute afternoon classes was only logical. After all, we had heard about (but never seen) students who had allegedly over exercised their brains to such an extent that they just had to run mad.

Such madness was definitely not our lot -we agreed – so we decided instead to go gist at the Students’ Second Home – the car park. Besides the teacher was going to be teaching Organic Chemistry, the one subject I detested more than other people’s saliva. My friend agreed, and we both walked to the biggest bench in that car park and gisted about the many mundane things sixteen year olds consider important.

Of course there were several students from the school’s primary school playing in the area. While my friend (Rukayat) and I were gisting I noticed from the corner of my eyes a small group of kids who were bullying a younger boy. He looked frail and about six years old. He kept trying to play with them but they kept pushing him away. Then the biggest girl pushed him away so hard he fell to the floor. Not being able to take it anymore I chastised her sternly and called for her to treat him with respect.

The biggest girl ran to us, her eyes twinkling with the eagerness of an over-sabi child who was about to snitch on a sibling.

She said to us, Ahhh, elder prefects, please don’t be angry. [She curtsied briefly] But this boy [she points accusingly at him] is not a human being! He is a wizard! A big one! At night he changes shape to a lion!”

I hissed at such foolish talk, “Sharrap there! What manner of rubbish are you saying? Lion ko, antelope ni!”

Ahhh, dear senior, I swear that I am not lying to you. Yesterday after classes, this boy changed to a pussy cat!”

She bent to touch her fingers to the earth, then to her lips and then the heavens. This was a cultural symbol of truth telling that had been passed down from our ancestors. It was said that this had all started when he had asked a hostel-mate to kindly accompany him to the toilets in the middle of one night, and halfway there, he magically became a lion to the horror of the hostel-mate who fled screaming down the halls. Many juniors were happily bed wetting since that incident.

Still, I was in doubt. There were no such things as shape-changers! She saw the doubt in our eyes and barked at the accused to come explain that she was telling the truth. He came woodenly and then slowly lifted up his head to fix a liquid gaze at me with such an intensity I almost peed ice pellets. His eyes looked six hundred years old.

He spoke…

“It is not my fault. I did not mean to turn into a lion. It was the witches in my former coven. They vowed to punish me.”

My mind kicked me mentally and frothed her displeasure. It was obvious she did not want to hear or deal with any supernatural matters. AHHHHHHHHHHHH! WITCHES KE?! Haba beast changing witches and wizards?! Mba ooo! Oya make we dey go school!

Rukayat and I exchanged looks. Sistehhh, are you hearing this?

We spent the next few minutes trying to bamboozle the boy with logic. We said things like, It’s-okay-we-are-not-going-to-punish-you, you-don’t-have-to-lie-eh, human-beings-don’t-change-to-lions, what-witch-and-wizard-abeggi! You-this-small-boy-what-do-you-know-about-winchi-winchi? How-old-you-be-sef? Taaaaaaah!

We laughed the high embellished laugher people who are nervous but trying to hide it laugh – you know the kind- where deep down they sense you just might be telling the truth about something they refuse to accept, so they laugh loudly but with darting, nervous eyes to convince you that you are the mad one.

He didn’t budge.

He insisted he didn’t mean to frighten anyone. The witches in his old school had decided to punish him for wanting to leave their coven. At first they had begged him to stay, but when he refused, and his parents had brought him to our school, far away from their territory, they got angry and decided to make him an outcast amongst human beings. He demonstrated how they made a miniature version of him and put him into cup. They would toss him around and laugh. He insisted it was highly spiritual. They wanted his soul.

“HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Sweet Jesus of Nazareth! Soul ke?! This one seems like he is possessed o. What if his coven members and evil spirits were watching? What if they decided they would shakara these two seniors who were querying their former member? These ones he was telling their secrets to? Oghene biko o! Isio! I no dey put hand for winch matter o! Hian! Don’t shout on him too much o. Please be kind.”

Hmmmn. My mind made a valid point.

And so I did the best thing a God fearing Christian would do. I whispered questions to Rukayat, who in turn asked the six year old with the six hundred year old eyes. He answered all of them. He was looking at Rukayat now. I wasn’t about to receive a demonic visitation that night. Rukayat looked like she could take care of herself. What are friends for?

Needless to say the things I heard shocked me greatly. He explained his situation to us in detail. How and where he was indoctrinated into the coven (happened in kindergarten!) Why he wanted to leave, some more deeply spiritual stuff a six-seven year old has no business knowing, how his parents handled the issue, their initial dismissal of his claims, then attempted exorcism. About him being trapped in the body of an animal and feeling helpless – because he had renounced his powers he couldn’t do much to defend himself. About how all of these torture was to make him re-join the coven-

Gring…Gringggggggggg…Gringggggggggggggggggg!

The school bells, they rang.

Afternoon classes were over and it was time to leave. We scurried away, not looking back at the liquid eyed boy.

And then that cold, dark night… the distant cries of the wild cats that roamed the school grounds filled the night. I lay in bed, my bible clutched tightly to my chest after reading several psalms. It was going to be okay. I smiled and drifted into a soft dreamy sleep. It felt good, like I was encased in clouds. It was a good feeling. It was too good a feeling. I felt… woozy.

And then- BAM!

Something yanked my pillow right from under my head.

Two words, one moment.

OH SH*T!

1. Annie

August 12, 2014 at 12:22 pm

LOLs, now i know i might have a hard time sleeping tonight…There re shape changes (Only in Trueblood-TV series) Oh no doubt that there is evil in this world, i remember in Jss1 i was to transfer to a Govt girls Sec. Sch, then my friends s young as we were (11yrs) started telling me how there are bad things happening in boarding school, lockers moving, Mrs koi koi, plenty frightening stories. I went home that day and told my mum that i am not transferring to that school, told her i didnt care how she would arrange it, but ayam not going to a winchi winchi school, finally a Govt Day sec sch was arranged lols…. i hate winchi winchi movies/series…..i cannot fit shout biko nu…..

2. shay shay

August 12, 2014 at 12:27 pm

“And so I did the best thing a God fearing Christian would do. I whispered questions to Rukayat, who in turn asked the six year old with the six hundred year old eyes.”…lmao.. Isio more like a winchi winchi – demon – ojuju fearing christain… Gosh you are something else… my belle dey pain me from laughter abeg

• Fre

August 13, 2014 at 8:21 am

Such Don Jazzy behaviour, lol

3. birdieblue

August 12, 2014 at 12:43 pm

then what happened?!!!! Isio is this a prose or is this true life? answer me!!!

4. www.eniwealth79.blogspot.com

August 12, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Nicely written as usual. I can imagine how not so keenly the boys’ parents must have handled his exorcism, he shouldn’t have been in a boarding school at that age sef.

And then- BAM!

Something yanked my pillow right from under my head.

Two words, one moment.

OH SH*T!
    This part made me jump in my chair. LOL. Abeg no kill person jare. Well done Isio.

5. larz

August 12, 2014 at 12:47 pm

this was a dream right?

6. Uche

August 12, 2014 at 12:53 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice one Isio. u got me cracked up. But truth be told, winchi winchi tinz are true oooh.

7. anonnymous

August 12, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Isio is this for real? did this actually happen? Mo gbe!

8. Marie Antoinette

August 12, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Wow! For real??? I feel like I just read a script from ‘True Blood’ & ‘Vampire Diaries’. Strange things.

Suspense. Isio please do well to conclude this story next week.

9. Demmy

August 12, 2014 at 1:04 pm

This was very entertaining to read. Wow, witch ke? A six year old boy , quite shocking to be honest. I would have been too terrified to even question the boy. xx

10. Eyitayo

August 12, 2014 at 1:04 pm

chai infact i had to check uder my office drawer just to confirm if the boy isn’t there….Isio no comment on this your write-up o I fear winchi pass anything

11. Nat

August 12, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Isioooooooooooooooooo! this is you gist ehn no part two o. You have to conclude this gist fa, you can’t just leave us high and dry like that nau.
    But one question, what on earth was a six year old boy doing in a boarding school? Na wa o

• jennie

August 12, 2014 at 1:24 pm

She did mention dey were primary school kids 4rm d same school n some primary schools do board

• MC

August 12, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I think what she meant was, why would any parent admit such a young child to boarding school

• hdhdhsjhsdjh

August 12, 2014 at 5:01 pm

She probably went to May Flower in Ogun State. They have primary and secondary – boarding and day.

• missme

August 13, 2014 at 1:54 pm

The school had both primary and secondary school and they accept students of age age and above.

12. tbn

August 12, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Hahaha! This was a good read Isio, you try. I was held spell bond from the beginning to the end. As a naija pickin i have heard my share of winch stories from primary school. I even had a cousin whose mother was widowed and he stayed with us for some years. The boy was a self-confessed wizard. I remember that then, whenever my dad or mum beat him, they always woke up with swollen hands the following day and he always claimed it was caused by him and his egbe (mates). He caused so much destruction in our home then too- I can’t forget one day when he broke about 10 glass tumblers at once. Needless to say, my dad returned him back to his mum when he got tired of reforming or changing the boy.

13. TA

August 12, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Isio o! Come and finish your story,ah ah now. Which kain anticlimax be this?
    To be continued…

14. Blue

August 12, 2014 at 1:21 pm

You either dreamt this up, or its just a prose…….besides there are no benches at Student Second Home Car Park……..i know because I’m an ex-may

• Kalabari

August 12, 2014 at 1:43 pm

What set were you? I was a 97 ex-may. There are a few benches abe-igi (under the tree) at the car park where parents used to come on visiting days near Junior school/SSH border. Not many but there were. Gosh, the stories we heard in that school were not for the faint hearted!

• missme

August 13, 2014 at 1:57 pm

What year did you finish? I finished in 08 and as at when I finished the chairs were still there, miss koi koi and egbere (the animal with the mat) were still very much talked about and believed.

15. babygiwa

August 12, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Wow! If I were you I no go even wait make the boy finish his winchi winchi story sef….. I can’t deal abeg

16. LokengoC

August 12, 2014 at 1:25 pm

LOOL….. ISIOOO!!!!….

17. Stylefash25

August 12, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Hmm Isio this your winchi winchi gist scared me o. I didn’t go to boarding school so all these type of gists were from a distance, told by my cousins and friends.
    You and Rukayat were really bold sef to have interviewed changi changi boy.
    Nicely written 😀

stylefash25.blogspot.com

18. .com

August 12, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Buhahhahahaha Isio has keed me with laftta. This is so funny please biko I beg you send the conclusion.

19. Omolara

August 12, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Isio why now! this suspense is too much

20. Blessed

August 12, 2014 at 2:29 pm

my dear, i went to a boarding school too and i heard lots of stories, not different from what we all have said so instead i will talk about the result of being so afraid. i never go to the toilet at night alone, infact i make sure i ease myself to the last of the last drop of anything that needs to come out before going to bed. LO and BEHOLD, this faithful night came and i was almost urinating on the bed. as a junior student on the top bunk, liver no carry me piss for bed. if i be senior, i for no mind piss for body for that night alone( the fear was real mehn) and so i opened my eyes carefully and imagine, no light to join the misery. i remembered all the teaching on faith and i came down from my bed, opened the door and stepped on the corridor to the toilet. hmmm, my blodas and sistas, i have not taken 3 steps when i saw a white figure with out stretched arms and the cloth it was wearing was moving like breeze was blowing( just like in niaja movies). omo, nia dere matter end. i just release ‘yansh’ piss for body, carry myself enter my room, climb bed sleep. the next morning now, i said i should go and bath, GUESS what?! its one kain person that hung her sleeping gown on the corrider ooooo. i dont know why you will hang gown and still spread the hands and not peg the down part of the dress to prevent it from ‘blowing’ mstchewwwwwww. i still laugh at myself though

• beebee

August 12, 2014 at 3:15 pm

abeg no let my ceo catch me with the kain laughter ur comment cause me o. u know i always used to say it that most of dz tings are a pigment of pple’s imagination esp. girls.

• mimz

August 12, 2014 at 5:27 pm

hahahahahhahaahahahahahahhaaaa…..i swear, if i get dismissal letter a, na ur fault. chaaiiii

• Changing Faces

August 12, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Hahahahaha…. that’s hilarious! These stories were a dime a dozen in FGCs

• Mz Socially Awkward...

August 12, 2014 at 5:53 pm

I laughed with proper tears rolling down my face. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

• sugarplums

August 12, 2014 at 7:46 pm

lolllllllll …. i cant stop laughing o.

• Magz

August 13, 2014 at 2:44 pm

LMAO!!!! How could you do this to me? They must not sack me because of laughter o

• Meg

August 27, 2014 at 11:51 am

S**t! I actually jumped at the nightgown story-a dey seconds before I fell down in laughter! Lol! Na wa o!

21. michy

August 12, 2014 at 2:45 pm

He is greater than all, d enemy takes different shapes and sizes. MY GOD has defeated them powerless. ***Dint know this back then sha.

Good work Isio. Keep up, but pls and pls no dey finish like this.

22. Hurperyeahmie

August 12, 2014 at 2:48 pm

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

23. Foofighters

August 12, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I remember peeing on my bunky’s bed in Jss2. The girl was a regular pisser (bed wetter). It was one of those madam Koin koin season and I was too scared to go to the toilet. I just got down from my top bunk, sat on her beside her pretending to look for my slippers under the bed and released my bladder. The poor girl woke up confused as to how her mattress was wet and her pant was dry. Forgive me Lord!

• Blessed

August 12, 2014 at 2:51 pm

lmaoooo. chai!!!! why evilz? you are forgiven oooo… ehhehehheheh

• mz zzy

August 12, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Gosh….my ribs hurt already….loooooooooolz….walai you wicked but that’s boarding life for you

• mimz

August 12, 2014 at 5:29 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaaaa….u wicked sha.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

August 12, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Oh, Father, I thank You that it’s the of day and my mascara can freely streak down my cheeks. Kai, dia iz God, oh!!!!

• Doxa

August 12, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Awww, that wasnt fair o, I can imagine how the girl felt. You shud have used an empty bucket naa.

• nwanyi na aga aga

August 13, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Looooooooooooooooooool! u re forgiven my sister

24. Doxa

August 12, 2014 at 2:53 pm

@Blessed, chei! I am laughing so hard tears are coming out of my eyes. Ndo o.

25. Gorgeous

August 12, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Well me o, i have experienced things in boarding house that i still cannot explain. Bunk shaking. Yes ooo my people. I was not dreaming, neither was i hallucinating. I happened to wake up one night, luckily for me i always sleep with my covers over my head. See no evil, hear no eveil, know no damn evil. Na so, in spontaneous ways bunks in my hall were shaking, including mine. I almost died of fear that night. Dying of fear is very possible o. Which psalm did i not say. haaa!!! me wey no dey go church too much. I said my rosary like 10times that day, before i finally had the peace to sleep. In that same school i and my friends encountered a possessed junior ooooo. Inf fact, such experiences are better left as gist. Till today i even remember her name, and i dont even remember some of my friends names. Heavy trauma. This one na confirmed mami wota. There are human beings and human beings oooo.

• nene

August 12, 2014 at 9:36 pm

we also had like 2 possessed girls in school, both from the same state, but now i think they were also suffering from mental issues. people were scared of these girls, but one day they fought, and had scratches on their face and bodies the next day. nobody knows where the scratches came from as we were not allowed to keep long nails.

26. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

August 12, 2014 at 4:32 pm

People, evil exists.

27. prince

August 12, 2014 at 4:33 pm

isio is a damn good writer and whether this is real or fictional it dosen”t remove from the reality. God be our guide amen!

28. Loulou

August 12, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Hehehehehehehehe, i don laugh comot water for eyes! Isio, in other to avoid what happened in 1625, biko finish this story!!!!

29. oyaga

August 12, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Isio is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaat?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only a few people can write down stories to hold attention, but Isio does it all the friggin time.
    I didn’t attend a boarding school and i know i missed a lot. But i’m grateful abeg, i don’t think i could have been able to deal with all these horrors and maltreatment.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

August 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Nne! (ab, na bros?)… Those horrors and maltreatment solidified my capacity to endure life. And this doesn’t infer that anyone who didn’t go to boarding house won’t have had other experiences which yielded the same result.

However, there was something about making it through those 6 years which made you realize that if you could have survived that trauma, dang it, you can survive most of what life will throw at you (especially your NYSC year!! Lawd, that’s a whole other curveball thrown at your endurance limits…) 🙂

• yetunde

September 2, 2014 at 7:21 pm

U did miss a lot! From the madam koikoi story to d dude or animal with d mat, frigging hilarious stories that keep u shaking at night

30. Jo!

August 12, 2014 at 5:42 pm

loooooooooooooooooooool. These stories in the comments ehn… I love Isio
    BTW, You’re amazing in Gidi up, just plain amazing. Make sure you do more acting o, you hear?

31. winchi winchi

August 12, 2014 at 6:10 pm

I love this girls write up. I was into the story so much… such a stupid end. I scrolled down to the bottom of the screen, nothing, looked for “next page”, nothing, nada, zilch; not even a ” to be continued”. Ol gel, you are wicked. Anyway sha, if you decide to write a book, please know I will be buying. You have proven yourself time and time again. Isio is another reason why I visit bellanaija religiously, her articles, hands down are captivating. Winchi winchi stories… tales for another time

32. jcsgrl

August 12, 2014 at 6:42 pm

HAAAAAAAAA ISIO!!! You have managed to put fear in me o a whole spiriko jim jim like me! Finish the story o…I wouldn’t have questioned the boy abeg. WHAAAT!

33. MSCOOKIE

August 12, 2014 at 7:38 pm

i remember one time in boarding school we has a girl who cut up everyones here (keep in mind hers was very long) this was in federal government college odogbolu. there were rumors that she had 3 nipples jesus christ from then on, urs truly made sure she was not in the bathroom whenever i had a bathe, she would always speak to herself and claimed that she was the queen of the ocean when a set of seniors interrogated her and she was the prettiest. the wierdest part was she cut everyones hair about 60 girls and not one woke up she cut half of their hair, those in braids, ponytail, threads she cut it all and put it in her locker. next moring during batth time everyone started wondering why all the girls in that house all half of their hair, omo see panic everyone was afraid, lol even the roomhead was afraid. only to open that strange girls locker that were al the hair was o orisirisi things i sometimes wonder what kinda psychological problems she had then cuz even know i dont want to believe she was a witch

• fizzy

August 13, 2014 at 1:06 pm

lol I remember this story so well. The girl was truly bizarre. so many possessed kids in boarding school.

34. nameless

August 12, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Isio kinda 9c

35. lah

August 13, 2014 at 2:31 am

lmaooooo i have encountered a witch o,but it was never in boarding school,because I have always been a day student. This one was a maid. One day she just stopped talking everyone was wondering what was wrong with her she was taken to a pastor and then started talking she now confessed that she was a witch that they wanted her to renew her witchcraftness if there is a word like that. And the reason why they held her tongue was because my mother prayed a lot and the house was to hot for her the scariest part was that her room was right beside my room after that incident i was so terrified to pass her room unaccompanied . Scariest moment for me I do not mess with witches!

36. wisest duchess

August 13, 2014 at 6:47 am

Good write up

37. Ruby

August 13, 2014 at 9:38 am

Winchi winchi tales….where do I start from. I schooled in an FGC by the way and it seemed to be the headquarters of ‘winchis.
    Juniors confess to be winchis to prevent seniors from ending and punishing them. One time, a guy in my set took his classmate to ‘bombay highland’ and in a pool of water (accumulated from rain) he conjured the Vice-principal. (Disclaimer: I never saw it) to prove that he is a winch. They swore that they saw in the pool of water the vice-principal seated in his office and reading newspaper. They all fled in several directions at the manifestation and ALL started avoiding the winchi boy including seniors. He was even exempted from labour. Fast forward a few years time and we were now seniors, winchi boy now claimed that he has been completely delivered and has accepted Jesus as his lord and savior. He even joined FCS and was in the choir. Well no one believed him especially the babes he was trying to toast. We ALL still avoided him as a plague. Many years after school, he is still embarrassed and doesn’t come for reunions.
    We also had Madam koikoi, Kaska and Bala (2 Gwari men that come to the female hostel naked looking for virgins to kidnap for ritual.. They always seem to stand behind a seniors window to discuss teh number of virgins they need. The seniors will scream and announce Kaska and Bala is here. mehn! you should check out our prayers on those nights….MFM has got nothing on us). Let’s not forget Bush babies…always wailing and you must not see them except you want to die.
    There was also this one time they said our principal was a winchi too. That the flowerpot by our gate is jazz. That as we resume school and cross the gate, our blood is drained into the flower pot. That is why we are always thin by the time we are going on vacation. The fact that our principal kept getting fatter and the flower pots were always well tended confirmed the hypothesis.
    At a point in my hostel, we had weewee time and we weewee in the gutter in front of the hostel because a trip to the toilet might get you into kaska and bala’s net.
    How I miss those fun days…. Sorry for the epistle

• fizzy

August 13, 2014 at 1:10 pm

blood drained in flower pots and u remain thin all thru in school. LWKMD i cant stop laughing o

• Owelle

August 19, 2014 at 11:56 am

Loooooooooool

38. Dee-USA

August 13, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I went to an Air Force boarding house in Ibadan and I can’t say we experienced really death-inducing witchcraft moments. There were the ubiquitous rumors of bush babies and witches, but most involved people from the neighboring village that surrounded us (we had no walls sectioning off our school. No one actually went to the toilets at night, not for fear of witches, but because the dang things were likely already blocked from poop mounted up like ice cream in a cone. Heck, I became so skilled at the art of No. 2 that I timed it for right after school. I ran track so I utilized this skill in my junior days, dashing back to the dorm to be first to use the clean toilet. Some people used the shot put or digging for gold method to dispose of their excretions, but that was never my style. I digress…

If you read “Delivered from the power of darkness,” in those days, you’d have picked up some alleged traits of what/who witches were. Two of them included being a very ugly girl even when your family members were pretty. The other was that witches slept with their legs up at night. This one particular girl fit the mold to the tee. She wasn’t in my house so I never saw the proof, but many people claimed to have woken up and seen her sleeping with her legs up. She was in my class in JSS 2 so we happened to see her mother and siblings on one visiting day, and were stunned. At the risk of seeming judgmental or whatever, please accept my apologies for my (and my young peers) 10-year-old mind’s idea of pretty. This girl was dark skinned, with tribal marks and a thick yoruba accent. Her younger siblings were light skinned, as was her mother, and quite eloquent. Her mom even spoke with a very polished yankee accent, which to me at the time seemed authentic (Heck if I know if it was real.) So we were quite convinced she had to be a “sisteh of the night.”

Apparently the girls in her dorm witnessed her sleeping with her legs up way too much, and one day beat her into a confession. Nothing ever happened beyond that as her mother removed her from the school after that year. We heard they relocated to the U.S. But others have speculated that it was because she was outed. Personally, I think it was a combination of her being brutalized and being asked to repeat JSS 2.

39. Beez

August 13, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Any sagamu girls here ? U can remember the THE MAHN! right? That issh was scary. and one particular ogun house girl that used to work into the bush at night saying her mates were calling her for meeting.

40. cindy

August 14, 2014 at 7:29 am

Isio thumbs up.Captivating story

41. Fume

August 14, 2014 at 10:19 am

Nice one Isio, this is prose in the making

42. Observer

August 19, 2014 at 10:45 am

FGC Ijanikin Students…anyone remember….mama cashew,scooby doo?

43. Zeal

August 19, 2014 at 11:10 am

LWSMBD OOOOOOOO. LOL Isior u be serious character.hahahahahahahaha

44. Bibi

August 20, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I don laff tire for here. ESP the night gown story

45. Meg

August 27, 2014 at 11:48 am

Lool!!!!!!! I have been laughing so.hard in front of the office of my faculty officer, I doubt she will sign my course forms now-lol!!!!!!
    Babe, the stories in secondary school-“a ga-ekwu ole hara ole?” I went to a girls’ FGC and the stories were wild.
    Shaking bunks, strange noises and voices asking for water, paw marks under windows, sudden and synchronized hair “chopping”, waking up with multiple scratches, phantom scissors chasing people, ghosts at the tap, unexplained hands in the night, palm oil stains and Yam crumbs on beds after prep…is there anyone we didn’t hear? When I was in js1, there was this girl with beautiful light caramel skin and long curly hair…the first time she came to talk to me, I noticed the hush in the room. When she left, they were all looking at me like I had just kissed someone confirmed to be carrying the Ebola virus. Finally, I was informed that the girl is a suspected re-incarnation of “Devorah” a witch who had been found out and swore to come back to take back the school.
    Na wa o. I’m ashamed to say that it took almost three years before I talked to her ever again. Turns out, she was just a quiet, reserved girl.with mami water skin and long hair. I agree, there’s more things in heaven and on earth…I always try to keep an open mind. But sometimes, we cast suspicion on people just because they’re a little different than us.
    But this your winchi winchi boy…serious goosebumps meen.

46. yetunde

September 2, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Loooool draining of blood into the flower pot! Hilarious!