News

Muslim Migrants Traveling from Libya to Italy on Boat Throw Nigerian & Ghanaian Christian Passengers Overboard

BellaNaija.com

Migrants

Italian police on Thursday reported that Muslims who were among migrants trying to get from Libya to Italy in a boat this week threw 12 fellow passengers overboard, killing them, because they were Christians.

CNN reports that the 12 passengers killed were Nigerian and Ghanaian. Italian authorities have arrested 15 people in connection with the incident.

The original group of 105 people reportedly left Libya on Tuesday in a rubber boat. At some point during the trip across the Mediterranean Sea, the assailants who are said to be Muslims from Ivory Coast, Mali and Senegal – threw the 12 Christians overboard.

According to reports, “thousands of people each year make the dangerous sea journey from North Africa to Europe’s Mediterranean coast, often aboard vessels poorly equipped for the trip. Many of them attempt the voyage to flee war and poverty in Africa and the Middle East.”

Photo Credit: BBC

1. ola

April 17, 2015 at 2:31 pm

where you on the ship with them for you to know what exactly happened…abi is it the same people that did the act came out to expose themselves?

• WAYupIFeelblessed

April 18, 2015 at 1:45 am

The remaining Christians formed a human chain so they weren’t pushed off. When they arrived, they told the authorities. Reading is fundamental.

2. DoraBelle

April 17, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Muslims again. Why must these guys always be associated with evil? They have such a wicked mind.

• ola

April 17, 2015 at 3:00 pm

foreign media…..exactly what they want you all to believe

• Iris

April 17, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Well the media said this is what people on the boat told them. The people who threw them overboard said they only pray to Allah on that boat. Apparently at some point others on the boat had to form a human chain to prevent these individuals from throwing others off the boat.

• evilpeople

April 17, 2015 at 4:40 pm

That what and who they are. Media or not, they have evil mind.

• Hadii

April 17, 2015 at 7:05 pm

I’m a Muslim and my mind is not evil. Don’t paint more than a billion people with the same brush. Thanks.

• Hadii

April 17, 2015 at 7:08 pm

I, my family and a lot of my friends are Muslims. Our minds are not wicked. Judge people individually regardless of their religion. Just because these people called themselves Muslims doesn’t mean that being Muslim is what made them bad. Their egos made them bad.

• Kola Norman Williams

April 18, 2015 at 11:34 am

You are deluded Hadii. It has nothing to do with their egos. They said they only pray to Allah on the boat so it is intolerance. Why are so many of you Muslims living in denial? Islam is in crisis and there is fighting everywhere because of Islam and you are here telling me that nothing is wrong. What utter nonsense.

• Authentic Sunshine

April 19, 2015 at 11:08 am

Don’t think she knows what “Ego” means.

3. Author Unknown

April 17, 2015 at 2:47 pm

From xenophobic attacks in SA, to refuge seeking Africans killing each other based on “imported religions” differences. Africans. Your discriminatory behaviour knows no bounds.

4. ogo

April 17, 2015 at 2:53 pm

I wonder what this so called religion is preaching.Ali Baba wetin we go do?

5. bruno

April 17, 2015 at 3:12 pm

wickedness at its peak. both of you are fighting for a better life but because of religion, u decided to kills that person.
    the most annoying part is, the country u are migrating to (italy) its dominated by Christians.

islam the religion of peace, indeed.

muslims on bellanaija what do u have to say for your selves.

oya give us a flimsy excuse, just like the excuse you gave us when osama bombed the towers . nonsense.

” Other people on the voyage told police that they
    themselves were spared “because they strongly
    opposed the drowning attempt and formed a
    human chain,”

the news sounds authentic. they’ve already arrest some people.

some of the people who were thrown in the sea were nigerians. rip

• bruno

April 17, 2015 at 4:14 pm

I meant “kill”

• bruno

April 17, 2015 at 5:18 pm

I meant “arrested”

see I don’t give a shit,autocorrect is a b!tch.it doesn’t matter the amount of gbaguans, as far as u can comprehend what im saying, thats all.

• halima

April 17, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Dear dorabelle, I appreciate everyone is entitled to an opinion but there are over 2 billion muslims and no, inspite of your sweeping generalisation not all of them are wicked. We don’t blame Hitler on Christians and he killed 6milliions Jews, and Because off that Call Christians wicked and evil

• leslie

April 17, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Dear halima, Adolf Hitler was not a Christian

• Pamela

April 19, 2015 at 7:03 am

Halima, Halima. Go and re-learn your history. Adolf Hitler was no where near being a Christian. You guys should stop giving excuses. Your religion has become a pain in the ass. Your non-chalance only goes to show that you are all in it. You muslims need a transformation of your minds. Simply put, you all need Jesus.

• What a shame

April 18, 2015 at 10:00 pm

It’s a shame that you would say this. Evil people will use anything to perpetuate hatred. Go back in time, many crusaders have also killed tons of people and even burnt heretics alive. It is not a Christian or muslim thing. It’s only ignorant people that stereotype.

How can u generalize millions by the action of some? Don’t u have Muslims friends and colleagues? Don’t u visit Dubai? Don’t u come out alive? Bruno and Kola you seem very unintelligent and unexposed.

It’s not even a discussion worth having. Those of us who are forward thinking should unite against evil regardless of race religion or tribe. Some people are addicted to fingerpointing and blame gaming because they just need someone to hate.

6. akwaiboms ajebutter

April 17, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Islam&voilence…..seem to interwoven

7. linda

April 17, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Hian!!! Hatred in d highest order!!!! hydroxenophobic on sea…..

8. bbbsmiles.blogspot.com

April 17, 2015 at 3:35 pm

hmmnnnnn na wa o, I shiver at the happenings in the world.

pls Visit bbbsmiles.blogspot.com

9. African Salon Dubai

April 17, 2015 at 3:49 pm

And after that they will be raising their butt towards some stone to pray to which god? And what do they tell this god of theirs? Time to change it from religion of piss to one of LOVE coz clearly this peace propaganda ain’t working!!

10. Omoté

April 17, 2015 at 3:52 pm

All diz pple had better leave planet earth n move to a new planet, always intolerant. Bloody extremists!

11. her

April 17, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Why are Muslims always associated with violence??? Why are they always intolerant of other people’s religion?
    Until their teachings get reviewed and I see the change in their followers, Islam being regarded as a religion of peace will remain an IRONY!!!

• Hadii

April 17, 2015 at 7:11 pm

A lot of Muslims are peaceful people including me but you won’t see that in the media because it’s not entertaining news.

• nira

April 17, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Hadii, I am a muslim too…and reading all the ignorant comments on here, I can only smile and shake my head….you don’t need to reply them. You and I know the God we serve, we know Islam is the religion of PEACE!!! No matter how many people come here and say all sorts, we know who we are. When christians commit atrocities, they blame it on mental illness, depression and all sorts, but when muslims and Islam is involved, the whole world hears about it. But that doesn’t move me. Why??? Because I know myself and I know my Allah..the most beneficient and most merciful,Master of the day of judgement!!!!!

• joyy

April 18, 2015 at 11:28 am

Now Hadii you are free to defend your religion. But blaming it on media is a total waste of time.
      How many times have you heard a Christian killed a person because he is a Muslim?
      Now how many times have you heard that about Muslims? Countless times right?!
      Why are you people very aggressive? People insult Christianity everyday and even the Pastors…
      Try that in a Muslim community and see if you will live the next day. Now what’s the difference? Muslims are quick to violence and very intolerant!!!!!!
      Keep your biased sentiments aside and accept the CRYSTAL FACT! You all should review your teachings and see where that bloodthirsty spirit comes from!

• Sprite

April 18, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Instead of expending your energy trying to defend the ‘goodness’ of Muslims, why not call out the ones who are killing in the name of your God? If you think that they are using Islam as a shield to commit atrocities, then y’all should form a single voice and cry out in the media that you so often blame, for them to stop. Show your own disapproval towards their actions in a way that is believable, and then we might be made to consider that the religion isn’t necessary evil.

12. Vivianmor

April 17, 2015 at 5:11 pm

All dis murderers dnt even deserve to live. They act like bloody animals. 1st u marry ur gals off at 10 11 yrs old, den u stone females to death for not croverin dia head and now u kill everyone that doesnt share ur stupid backwards believe. They all need brain transplant. I wonder which kind of God dictates all dis rubbish that dey do in the name of religion.

April 18, 2015 at 4:55 am

I don’t act like a bloody animal, I am 26 and noone has married me off. Before I started using the headscarf 3 years ago, noone stoned me to death and no i haven’t killed anyone that does believe in my religion. Infact I don’t preach, I let my actions work for me. If this story is true, they are misguided Muslims, we all have them in our neighbourhood,
      “For some, the more “religious” they are, the more intolerant they become. They seem to focus on how wrong everyone is & how right they are.” Mufti Menk.

The last prophet of Islam peace be upon him preached tolerance, a number of people have included their customs in their own religious belief, I only pray they are guided alright.

If our men allowed to marry the people of the books – Christians and Jews – why then will we kill??

Tolerance is one of the most important attribute of any human being.

• Moi

April 18, 2015 at 7:42 pm

99%. Of fighting all over the world are by violent, intolerant, ignorant Muslims.. That religion needs to be banished bcos it doesn’t teach anything good.. bunch of blood drinking bigots!

• Amira

April 21, 2015 at 10:26 pm

But your women aren’t allowed to marry men of the books. We pay the Almighty shows us the way and path to light. If any teaching/religion stands in the way of world Peace and advancement of humanity, then such religion should check itself and consciously sieve the good from evil. Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, etc should face love for humanity, rise above its former misdeeds and present day evil; embrace the diversity the human race represent.

13. garland orhue

April 17, 2015 at 5:16 pm

As a survival, there is this strange, wired, perception that prayers on board might upset the gods beyond the surface of the deep.sea ! Now we all know Nigerians, Ghanaian alike are very loud Christians. imagine what could be running through the minds of an already aggrieved and stressed Muslims who blame Christians for their present flight from home; listening to Christians singing and praying to God to deliver them like he did Moses and the people of Israel across the red sea. The result is not going to be good.

• nana

April 17, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Did you really just say that? Regardless of what the Christians were doing, there was no reason whatsoever to throw them overboard. No reason! Why can’t these people go and seek refuge in a land where their God is worshipped? What are their so-called Muslim brothers doing for them?

• Tkum

April 17, 2015 at 6:36 pm

bullshit! that is no justification to that stupid attitude of theirs… what happened to dialogue?…so, this means i should one day get off my bed armed to go kill those motherfucking moslems who disturb my sleep @ 5am?…

• ShineShineShine

April 18, 2015 at 9:43 pm

• o

April 17, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Wait!!!! Are you really trying to justify this??? Goodness what is this world turning to???

14. meeee

April 17, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Honestly ehn I wish Muslims can just all disappear! Just vanish from this earth!

• Amir

April 17, 2015 at 9:46 pm

That’s a wrong wish my dear! Only if you know the real concept about Islam and not the media and some criminals portray.

• cindy

April 18, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Er, I have Muslims around me. And yes, some of them need to disappear.

• aaaargh

April 18, 2015 at 11:34 am

They should disappear! I agree! Terrorism has their origin from Islam! The world has not known peace with them. They should just disappear! Gosh!
      I’m soo peeved!

15. Joe

April 17, 2015 at 5:55 pm

All of them leaving from Libya to Italy in search for a better life and you turn out to kill your fellow human being just because of their religion???Muslims are just so evil with their awkward religion..Muslims really have no respect for human life no passion nor feelings? why should such people even exist?

16. Ben

April 17, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Dont be decieved.. What they did is unislamic. Islam is a religion of peace. They are criminals pretending to be muslims !!

17. Jojo

April 17, 2015 at 7:57 pm

They need to be locked up in the country they left. Rubbish material

18. Tygorf

April 17, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Seriously, Islam is one religion I really don’t understand. Yeah, everyone is entitled to believe in whatever suits them but blaming or Judging others for not following suit is quite annoying. I have a lot of muslim friends who are sweet and all but when it comes to their religion they can be quite aggressive.. Christianity is portrayed wrongly and insulted everyday by the media especially in movies but what do we do, NOTHING. My brother, you release a movie insulting Islam, the world is damned. Let’s just try to be accomodating afterall it’s not like without Islam, we won’t make heaven. Even christianity accommodates others “give unto ceasar what is ceasar’s”. And please, this is my opinion so you can keep your insults to yourself.

19. Olayemi

April 17, 2015 at 9:08 pm

In that case, the amount of “un-Islamic” Muslims is too much. Who can press delete button on these guys?

20. duze

April 17, 2015 at 9:08 pm

So what religion were the people who formed the human chain please? I really need to know!! Were they atheists?! Bhuddists?! What?? The media promotes hatred and division. We need to open our eyes and see beyond what they want us to. Think my people. Africa needs to rise above what the rest of the world has painted us to be. Africa the home of civilization, what have we become??!

21. Tygorf

April 17, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Everyone is entitled to believe in whatever suits them but blaming or Judging others for not following suit is quite annoying. I have a lot of muslim friends who are sweet and all but when it comes to their religion they can be quite aggressive.. Christianity is portrayed wrongly and insulted everyday by the media especially in movies but what do we do, NOTHING. My brother, you release a movie insulting Islam, the world is damned. Let’s just try to be accomodating afterall it’s not like without Islam, we won’t make heaven. Even christianity accommodates others “give unto ceasar what is ceasar’s”. And please, this is my opinion so you can keep your insults to yourself.

22. o

April 17, 2015 at 9:52 pm

I am Christian and have a few Muslim friends and I must say they are really peaceful, fair, moral, kind ppl. And if you must know, for every extremist and fanatical and wicked Muslim out there, there are also Christians like that too….The heart of MAN is desperately wicked, who can know it???

• Kola Norman Williams

April 18, 2015 at 11:39 am

My friend please keep quiet. How many people do you see saying they want to bomb people for Jesus? How many do you see killing people because someone drew a cartoon about Jesus? I don’t agree with mocking prophets but Islam is a major problem worldwide. 90% of all global conflicts are associated with Islam at the moment. So anyone telling me that there is no problem within Islam is simply deluded. There is something in the religion that breeds intolerance at all levels. Just listen to the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia. He got up and said all churches in the Middle East should be destroyed. Why? Because he doesn’t want to see Christianity anywhere. And you tell me this is a religion of peace? Nonsense.

• o

April 18, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Mr Norman Williams, why are you saying I should keep quiet??? If your opinion differs from mine, that doesn’t mean you should shut me up. Good example of a christian you are!!! Whether you bomb someone because your prophet told you to, or you slit a throat because the man slept with your wife, at the end of the day, they are both wrong! There are lots of crimes committed by Christians that we don’t see on blogs. At the end of the day, a wicked person is wicked, be it christian or muslim.

23. papermoon

April 17, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Such wickedness and meaness in the name of God!!!!!! MERCY……

24. xylie

April 17, 2015 at 10:23 pm

The day a muslim tells me that the quoran condemns killings of any kind totally I will believe. Muslims engage in the worst propaganda and yes I have friends who are muslim and nice but yab mohd n see d other side. My bible totally condemns killing. And if U say d media paints u bad y do u allow urselves to be painted boko haram al shabab alqaeda pls giv e d name of one buddhist hindu christian terrorist group. Pls keep ur propaganda to urselves

25. jirla

April 17, 2015 at 10:49 pm

Yes there are peaceful Muslims I come from a mixed religious family and we have managed to live in peace. The only problem is when people begin to kill in the name of their religion then it paints the religion as bad. What is bad is bad….no matter who does it, I think more peaceful Muslims should boldly call out the bad ones and stop blaming only western media. the fact that we cant escape is that people are killing others in the name of Islam. That is what needs to stop.

26. kultum

April 18, 2015 at 12:13 am

Islam is a religion of peace tell that to the birds……..if it’s really a religion of peace why is there so much blood thirst amongst you? Even the dumbest should read in between the lines. I lived in northern Nigeria for close to 25 years so nobody can tell me rubbish, I know these people very well. Yes not all Muslims terrorise cos some are moderate. But Islam teaches hate towards others religion and that’s the fact.

• Hadii

April 18, 2015 at 10:59 am

Bring the verses of the Quran to support your fact. That’s your “opinion” and not a fact. Thanks

27. eyong

April 18, 2015 at 1:23 am

See these idiots who can’t read past the dotted line. So, all you saw was that they are muslims and muslims do bad things, eh? Mumus. Chrisitans have led wars, raped, killed, and stolen for over 2000 years, or did you forget that? And yes, I’m a christian. You’re judging a whole religious group based on actions of a few, if they were to do that to us chrisitans, then we’d all also be dead na. Infact, I’m vexing for the ignorance on Bellanaija today.

• cindy

April 18, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Plus shut up! Your argument is so invalid. Yes, Christians do shot but do they ever rape or whatnot because of Jesus. They do that because they are wicked. When Muslims do their shit, it’s not only because they are wicked, it’s also because they believe Mohammed asked them to do shit! And that is where the problem is. There is something definitely wrong with the teachings of the religion.

• damey

April 18, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Oh no Eyong! You just have to shut up! Spew no more nonsense. I don’t care if you are a Jew.
      You are talking about what happened 2000 years ago, when we are here talking about what happens on a daily basis.
      Go and draw a satirical picture of a christian clergyman and tell me if you won’t snore peacefully. Try that with a Muslim cleric and tell me if your family will stay alive.
      The world religious conflict has a majority stemming from what religion? Terrorism has extremists from what religion? Now what answer did you insert there?!
      Now you see why you just have to shut up. Your effort at being objective is vain because you sound clueless.

• Geeeeee

April 18, 2015 at 7:50 pm

With this your spelling of christains, you are truely a christain..BOMBOCLAT.

28. becca

April 18, 2015 at 7:47 am

why do Muslims have 2 be so extreme. I’m not a Muslim n I don’t know what islam teaches but bad news follows them everywhere. How many times have u heard that Christians killed pple becos they are Muslims. Thousands of Christians are being killed yearly in d name of religion. So I really don’t believe they are peaceful pple, cos nothing about them is

• Hadii

April 18, 2015 at 10:57 am

Christians are killing Muslims in the central Africa Republic. Does that make all Christians bad? Hmm. The media want people to hate Muslims. There are over a billion Muslims in the world and there are good and bad Muslims. You won’t see it in the news that a lot of Muslims help homeless people because they want you to believe we are all bad.

29. mulikat

April 18, 2015 at 8:57 am

Muslim move to 100% Christian country for better life,but kill christian in the same boats,pls western Govt,stop giveing my Muslims brother save heaven in ur country,they are time boom.am a muslim in my family i have christian and traditional belivers,i cant kill them or hate them,is in my DNA.but this kind of muslim from norther naija,somalians,senegal, mali, north african country ,not to say arabs country run for them,they are all time boom later.stop them from getting to much in ur country,they are intolerant people,u are pure christain but give muslims better life,later they call u unbeliver,i dont belive we are one muslims. cos they one i know,we dont kill eachother, we even inter marry with christian,that why am happy to be yoruba muslims,not norther naija that kill others beliver,if u see yoruba do this nones, he or her was born and brain wash by those so call good muslim,simple because they dont like others belivers. RIP the Naija and Gahana Christian that die in the sea ,by my wicked so call muslims.

30. White Fairy

April 18, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Its sad to see that people that can read, write and are mentally stable can spit such hateful words about another person’s faith. Im a muslim and I will not lie that I’m hurt. Please get your facts right before you come and start saying things that are not right. We the Muslims can sit down and start listing all the disgusting things that christians have done in this world but we don’t have that time. Yes we are too busy trying to live our lives like the Good Muslims that we are and serve our Almighty Allah. By the Way in Islam if you kill someone you should be killed also. If It was an accident you’re supposed to fast fro 60 days straight and ask Allah and the person’s family for forgiveness. By the way thousands of Muslims are killed every year also by Christians but you don’t see us running around spitting such hateful words about Christians because our Religion has taught us to forgive and accept any bad thing that happens to us just as we accept the good ones. Im not going to sit here and insult Christians and their faith because my religion doesn’t allow it and because I have a lot of Christian friends and some are like family to me but I’m going to list out a few of the “evil things” (as some of you illiterates have pointed out)
    here are “10 worst examples of Christian Terrorism” this article was published in 2013

1. Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012. The virulent, neocon-fueled Islamophobia that has plagued post-9/11 America has not only posed a threat to Muslims, it has had deadly consequences for people of other faiths, including Sikhs. Sikhs are not Muslims; the traditional Sikh attire, including their turbans, is different from traditional Sunni, Shiite or Sufi attire. But to a racist, a bearded Sikh looks like a Muslim. Only four days after 9/11, Balbir Singh Sodhi, a Sikh immigrant from India who owned a gas station in Mesa, Arizona, was murdered by Frank Silva Roque, a racist who obviously mistook him for a Muslim.

But Sodhi’s murder was not the last example of anti-Sikh violence in post-9/11 America. On Aug. 5, 2012, white supremacist Wade Michael Page used a semiautomatic weapon to murder six people during an attack on a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Page’s connection to the white supremacist movement was well-documented: he had been a member of the neo-Nazi rock bands End Empathy and Definite Hate. Attorney General Eric Holder described the attack as “an act of terrorism, an act of hatred.” It was good to see the nation’s top cop acknowledge that terrorist acts can, in fact, involve white males murdering people of color.

2. The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009. Imagine that a physician had been the victim of an attempted assassination by an Islamic jihadist in 1993, and received numerous death threats from al-Qaeda after that, before being murdered by an al-Qaeda member. Neocons, Fox News and the Christian Right would have had a field day. A physician was the victim of a terrorist killing that day, but neither the terrorist nor the people who inflamed the terrorist were Muslims. Dr. George Tiller, who was shot and killed by anti-abortion terrorist Scott Roeder on May 31, 2009, was a victim of Christian Right terrorism, not al-Qaeda.

Tiller had a long history of being targeted for violence by Christian Right terrorists. In 1986, his clinic was firebombed. Then, in 1993, Tiller was shot five times by female Christian Right terrorist Shelly Shannon (now serving time in a federal prison) but survived that attack. Given that Tiller had been the victim of an attempted murder and received countless death threats after that, Fox News would have done well to avoid fanning the flames of unrest. Instead, Bill O’Reilly repeatedly referred to him as “Tiller the baby killer.” When Roeder murdered Tiller, O’Reilly condemned the attack but did so in a way that was lukewarm at best.

Keith Olbermann called O’Reilly out and denounced him as a “facilitator for domestic terrorism” and a “blindly irresponsible man.” And Crazy for Godauthor Frank Schaffer, who was formerly a figure on the Christian Right but has since become critical of that movement, asserted that the Christian Right’s extreme anti-abortion rhetoric “helped create the climate that made this murder likely to happen.” Neocon Ann Coulter, meanwhile, viewed Tiller’s murder as a source of comic relief, telling O’Reilly, “I don’t really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester.” The Republican/neocon double standard when it comes to terrorism is obvious. At Fox News and AM neocon talk radio, Islamic terrorism is a source of nonstop fear-mongering, while Christian Right terrorism gets a pass.

3. Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008. On July 27, 2008, Christian Right sympathizer Jim David Adkisson walked into the Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee during a children’s play and began shooting people at random. Two were killed, while seven others were injured but survived. Adkisson said he was motivated by a hatred of liberals, Democrats and gays, and he considered neocon Bernard Goldberg’s book, 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America, his political manifesto. Adkisson (who pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder and is now serving life in prison without parole) was vehemently anti-abortion, but apparently committing an act of terrorism during a children’s play was good ol’ Republican family values. While Adkisson’s act of terrorism was reported on Fox News, it didn’t get the round-the-clock coverage an act of Islamic terrorism would have garnered.

4. The murder of Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994. To hear the Christian Right tell it, there is no such thing as Christian terrorism. Tell that to the victims of the Army of God, a loose network of radical Christianists with a long history of terrorist attacks on abortion providers. One Christian Right terrorist with ties to the Army of God was Paul Jennings Hill, who was executed by lethal injection on Sept. 3, 2003 for the murders of abortion doctor John Britton and his bodyguard James Barrett. Hill shot both of them in cold blood and expressed no remorse whatsoever; he insisted he was doing’s God’s work and has been exalted as a martyr by the Army of God.

5. The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996. Paul Jennings Hill is hardly the only Christian terrorist who has been praised by the Army of God; that organization has also praised Eric Rudolph, who is serving life without parole for a long list of terrorist attacks committed in the name of Christianity. Rudolph is best known for carrying out the Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta during the 1996 Summer Olympics—a blast that killed spectator Alice Hawthorne and wounded 111 others. Hawthorne wasn’t the only person Rudolph murdered: his bombing of an abortion clinic in Birmingham, Alabama in 1998 caused the death of Robert Sanderson (a Birmingham police officer and part-time security guard) and caused nurse Emily Lyons to lose an eye.

Rudolph’s other acts of Christian terrorism include bombing the Otherwise Lounge (a lesbian bar in Atlanta) in 1997 and an abortion clinic in an Atlanta suburb in 1997. Rudolph was no lone wolf: he was part of a terrorist movement that encouraged his violence. And the Army of God continues to exalt Rudolph as a brave Christian who is doing God’s work.

6. The murder of Barnett Slepian byJames Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998. Like Paul Jennings Hill, Eric Rudolph and Scott Roeder, James Charles Kopp is a radical Christian terrorist who has been exalted as a hero by the Army of God. On Oct. 23, 1998 Kopp fired a single shot into the Amherst, NY home of Barnett Slepian (a doctor who performed abortions), mortally wounding him. Slepian died an hour later. Kopp later claimed he only meant to wound Slepian, not kill him. But Judge Michael D’Amico of Erin County, NY said that the killing was clearly premeditated and sentenced Kopp to 25 years to life. Kopp is a suspect in other anti-abortion terrorist attacks, including the non-fatal shootings of three doctors in Canada, though it appears unlikely that Kopp will be extradited to Canada to face any charges.

7. Planned Parenthood bombing, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1994. Seldom has the term “Christian terrorist” been used in connection with John C. Salvi on AM talk radio or at Fox News, but it’s a term that easily applies to him. In 1994, the radical anti-abortionist and Army of God member attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic in Brookline, Massachusetts, shooting and killing receptionists Shannon Lowney and Lee Ann Nichols and wounding several others. Salvi was found dead in his prison cell in 1996, and his death was ruled a suicide. The Army of God has exalted Salvi as a Christian martyr and described Lowney and Nichols not as victims of domestic terrorism, but as infidels who got what they deserved. The Rev. Donald Spitz, a Christianist and Army of God supporter who is so extreme that even the radical anti-abortion group Operation Rescue disassociated itself from him, has praised Salvi as well.

8. Suicide attack on IRS building in Austin, Texas, Feb. 18, 2010. When Joseph Stack flew a plane into the Echelon office complex (where an IRS office was located), Fox News’ coverage of the incident was calm and matter-of-fact. Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa seemed to find the attack amusing and joked that it could have been avoided if the federal government had followed his advice and abolished the IRS. Nonetheless, there were two fatalities: Stack and IRS employee Vernon Hunter. Stack left behind a rambling suicide note outlining his reasons for the attack, which included a disdain for the IRS as well as total disgust with health insurance companies and bank bailouts. Some of the most insightful coverage of the incident came from Noam Chomsky, who said that while Stack had some legitimate grievances—millions of Americans shared his outrage over bank bailouts and the practices of health insurance companies—the way he expressed them was absolutely wrong.

9. The murder of Alan Berg, June 18, 1984. One of the most absurd claims some Republicans have made about white supremacists is that they are liberals and progressives. That claim is especially ludicrous in light of the terrorist killing of liberal Denver-based talk show host Alan Berg, a critic of white supremacists who was killed with an automatic weapon on June 18, 1984. The killing was linked to members of the Order, a white supremacist group that had marked Berg for death. Order members David Lane (a former Ku Klux Klan member who had also been active in the Aryan Nations) and Bruce Pierce were both convicted in federal court on charges of racketeering, conspiracy and violating Berg’s civil rights and given what amounted to life sentences.

Robert Matthews, who founded the Order, got that name from a fictional group in white supremacist William Luther Pierce’s anti-Semitic 1978 novel, The Turner Diaries—a book Timothy McVeigh was quite fond of. The novel’s fictional account of the destruction of a government building has been described as the inspiration for the Oklahoma City bombing of 1995.

10. Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, April 19, 1995.Neocons and Republicans grow angry and uncomfortable whenever Timothy McVeigh is cited as an example of a non-Islamic terrorist. Pointing out that a non-Muslim white male carried out an attack as vicious and deadly as the Oklahoma City bombing doesn’t fit into their narrative that only Muslims and people of color are capable of carrying out terrorist attacks. Neocons will claim that bringing up McVeigh’s name during a discussion of terrorism is a “red herring” that distracts us from fighting radical Islamists, but that downplays the cruel, destructive nature of the attack.

Prior to the al-Qaeda attacks of 9/11, the Oklahoma City bombing McVeigh orchestrated was the most deadly terrorist attack in U.S. history: 168 people were killed and more than 600 were injured. When McVeigh drove a truck filled with explosives into the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, his goal was to kill as many people as possible. Clearly, McVeigh was not motivated by radical Islam; rather, he was motivated by an extreme hatred for the U.S. government and saw the attack as revenge for the Ruby Ridge incident of 1992 and the Waco Siege in 1993. He had white supremacist leanings as well (when he was in the U.S. Army, McVeigh was reprimanded for wearing a “white power” T-shirt he had bought at a KKK demonstration). McVeigh was executed on June 11, 2001. He should have served life without parole instead, as a living reminder of the type of viciousness the extreme right is capable of.

Please Next time Think and do your homework before you insult a person’s Faith. It would have been okay if you said the people that pushed the other people out of the boat because they didn’t share the same beliefs or the same faith did an evil thing. Im totally with you on that but to insult our faith,Our God, and what we stand for? That i will not take. Please Be very careful as to what you say or what you post. May God Forgive you All. Stay Blessed!

• Geeeeee

April 18, 2015 at 7:51 pm

And who do u expect to read all these??..,?…

• Moi

April 18, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Weldone for the long epistle.. You see these are one off cases that you have stated.. But every single day you turn on the news there must be news of killings, bombings, senseless massacres somewhere in th world by so called devout Muslims. Every Damn day! You should focus your energy on educating Muslims to disregard the verses in your Koran encouragin dem to kill infidels.. Or do u want me to bring the quotations here… Abeg take several seats your point don’t hold water Islam is a religion of violence and should disappear from the face of the earth!

• What a shame

April 18, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Don’t waste your time some people just like to fuel hatred. At the end of the day God sees all and knows all and that’s what counts. You don’t need the approval of these people and you don’t need to get defensive over your personal beliefs. God sees everyone’s soul and that’s all that counts.

• Authentic Sunshine

April 19, 2015 at 11:28 am

You are having a laff ……right??????

31. tiffany

April 18, 2015 at 2:27 pm

All these muslims making noise here please can you all kindly for once shut the hell up. What’s wrong with your heads? Are you trying to deny the fact that muslims are the most violent and intolerent religion? Anywhere there is any form of religious crisis oor violence, it is always the muslims. Why? That should tell u ranters that something is terribly wrong with your doctrine.So the media hate you so much that of all the thousands of all religions in the world, they decided to single you out alone. Stop flattering yourselves. For what gain if I may ask. Do you think we are so dumb that we don’t know that there are good and bad muslims? The problem is that the few bad among you are causing a lot of injuries to the world and to mankind. Instead of coming here to tell us how the media hates you and how ignorant you think we are, why not condemn these acts by your brothers. I will always say it, there is something really wrong with that particular religion. These miams, intolerance and conscious insane brutality transcends above just some people being bad. It has its roots from whatever they are taught in their place of worship.

• For the blame gamers.....relax

April 19, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Tiffany……relax and stop show casing your bad manners here with your rudeness. Are YOU Gods secretary??.?….at the end of the day every faith accepts that God judges EACH individuals actions and no one would be held responsible for another mans actions on judgement day. This is not a competition or a football game. If the supreme God himself who sees and knows all judges EACH man for HIS own actions then what is your own???? Who are you I the scheme of things??……please relax and stop being so rude. No one with a conscience of ANY religion is happy to hear of such horror or be associated with such notoriety……don’t come here with your self righteous rant. Work on your own salvation.

• Passing by

April 19, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Tiffany not that your opinion makes much of a difference to me but for the record there HAS and still IS condemnation of these heinous actions by the muslim community. Google is your friend. Stop being a sentimental bigot….

32. my comment

April 18, 2015 at 2:43 pm

33. ife

April 18, 2015 at 3:45 pm

I am a christian and a born again one at that. For me this has nothing to do about religion. this just shows the world that Africans are the problem of Africa! Really these people just used the guise of religion to throw others overboard. it is simpl man’s hate for fellow man.

34. White Fairy

April 18, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Its so funny how more than half of you are here blabing trash but can’t even remember the last time you went to church or read the bible unless you’re going for a wedding or having serious problems in your lives but you know the way to Bellanaija to come and shamelessly talk trash about another person’s religion? Please have several seats. How can you understand another person’s religion when you don’t understand yours? Some of you will even go and sleep through the whole service and not hear a word The Pastor has said but you will still come and talk trash. Na wa oh Double standards (hypocrites) . Please quote a verse from the Bible where it says you should go round spitting hateful words about another person’s Faith? God is watching you! And For those that want to delete Muslims, The world is not yours and You are not God! now move along and deal with your imperfect selves, your personal problems and ask for forgiveness after sinning! And I know all of this because I have been to a catholic school so I have seen very Pious people that will do anything to defend their faith and equally respect other people’s faith!

• Pamela

April 19, 2015 at 7:29 am

You sound so hateful. You have to understand that people are angry and a re just lashing out the best way they know how. Do you expect them to hug you because your muslim brothers are killing people? Even you must look around and see the damage that your muslim brothers have done. There are better things to do than pick on your religion. Why dont you go and preach this peaceful religion of yours to your ‘mis-lead’ brothers and stop coming here to preach to the choir? Get your priorities straight boo boo kitty!

• u khaffirs

April 25, 2015 at 7:16 am

The Quran.

The Quran:

Quran (2:191-193) – “And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing…

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)” The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word “persecution” by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution – “idtihad” – and oppression – a variation of “z-l-m” – do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from “fitna” which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until “religion is for Allah” – ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

Quran (2:244) – “Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things.”

Quran (2:216) – “Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.” Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:56) – “As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.”

Quran (3:151) – “Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority”. This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be ‘joining companions to Allah’).

Quran (4:74) – “Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.” The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle, as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. Here is the theological basis for today’s suicide bombers.

Quran (4:76) – “Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…”

Quran (4:89) – “They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks.”

Quran (4:95) – “Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-” This passage criticizes “peaceful” Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah’s eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that “Jihad” doesn’t mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man’s protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).

Quran (4:104) – “And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain…” Is pursuing an injured and retreating enemy really an act of self-defense?

Quran (5:33) – “The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement”

Quran (8:12) – “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them” No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Quran (8:15) – “O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey’s end.”

Quran (8:39) – “And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah” Some translations interpret “fitna” as “persecution”, but the traditional understanding of this word is not supported by the historical context (See notes for 2:293, also). The Meccans were simply refusing Muhammad access to their city during Haj. Other Muslims were allowed to travel there – just not as an armed group, since Muhammad had declared war on Mecca prior to his eviction. The Meccans were also acting in defense of their religion, since it was Muhammad’s intention to destroy their idols and establish Islam by force (which he later did). Hence the critical part of this verse is to fight until “religion is only for Allah”, meaning that the true justification of violence was the unbelief of the opposition. According to the Sira (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 324) Muhammad further explains that “Allah must have no rivals.”

Quran (8:57) – “If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember.”

Quran (8:59-60) – “And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah’s Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy.”

Quran (8:65) – “O Prophet, exhort the believers to fight…”

Quran (9:5) – “So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them.” According to this verse, the best way of staying safe from Muslim violence is to convert to Islam (prayer (salat) and the poor tax (zakat) are among the religion’s Five Pillars). This popular claim that the Quran only inspires violence within the context of self-defense is seriously challenged by this passage as well, since the Muslims to whom it was written were obviously not under attack. Had they been, then there would have been no waiting period (earlier verses make it a duty for Muslims to fight in self-defense, even during the sacred months). The historical context is Mecca after the idolaters were subjugated by Muhammad and posed no threat. Once the Muslims had the power, they violently evicted those unbelievers who would not convert.

Quran (9:14) – “Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace…”

Quran (9:20) – “Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah’s way are of much greater worth in Allah’s sight. These are they who are triumphant.” The Arabic word interpreted as “striving” in this verse is the same root as “Jihad”. The context is obviously holy war.

Quran (9:29) – “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” “People of the Book” refers to Christians and Jews. According to this verse, they are to be violently subjugated, with the sole justification being their religious status. This was one of the final “revelations” from Allah and it set in motion the tenacious military expansion, in which Muhammad’s companions managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in the next 100 years. Islam is intended to dominate all other people and faiths.

Quran (9:30) – “And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!”

Quran (9:38-39) – “O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place.” This is a warning to those who refuse to fight, that they will be punished with Hell.

Quran (9:41) – “Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best for you if ye but knew.” See also the verse that follows (9:42) – “If there had been immediate gain (in sight), and the journey easy, they would (all) without doubt have followed thee, but the distance was long, (and weighed) on them” This contradicts the myth that Muslims are to fight only in self-defense, since the wording implies that battle will be waged a long distance from home (in another country and on Christian soil, in this case, according to the historians).

Quran (9:73) – “O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.” Dehumanizing those who reject Islam, by reminding Muslims that unbelievers are merely firewood for Hell, makes it easier to justify slaughter. It also explains why today’s devout Muslims have little regard for those outside the faith.

Quran (9:88) – “But the Messenger, and those who believe with him, strive and fight with their wealth and their persons: for them are (all) good things: and it is they who will prosper.”

Quran (9:111) – “Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Quran: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.”

Quran (9:123) – “O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness.”

Quran (17:16) – “And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction.” Note that the crime is moral transgression, and the punishment is “utter destruction.” (Before ordering the 9/11 attacks, Osama bin Laden first issued Americans an invitation to Islam).

Quran (18:65-81) – This parable lays the theological groundwork for honor killings, in which a family member is murdered because they brought shame to the family, either through apostasy or perceived moral indiscretion. The story (which is not found in any Jewish or Christian source) tells of Moses encountering a man with “special knowledge” who does things which don’t seem to make sense on the surface, but are then justified according to later explanation. One such action is to murder a youth for no apparent reason (74). However, the wise man later explains that it was feared that the boy would “grieve” his parents by “disobedience and ingratitude.” He was killed so that Allah could provide them a ‘better’ son. (Note: This is one reason why honor killing is sanctioned by Sharia. Reliance of the Traveler (Umdat al-Saliq) says that punishment for murder is not applicable when a parent or grandparent kills their offspring (o.1.1-2).)

Quran (21:44) – “We gave the good things of this life to these men and their fathers until the period grew long for them; See they not that We gradually reduce the land (in their control) from its outlying borders? Is it then they who will win?”

Quran (25:52) – “Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness…” “Strive against” is Jihad – obviously not in the personal context. It’s also significant to point out that this is a Meccan verse.

Quran (33:60-62) – “If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter.” This passage sanctions the slaughter (rendered “merciless” and “horrible murder” in other translations) against three groups: Hypocrites (Muslims who refuse to “fight in the way of Allah” (3:167) and hence don’t act as Muslims should), those with “diseased hearts” (which include Jews and Christians 5:51-52), and “alarmists” or “agitators who include those who merely speak out against Islam, according to Muhammad’s biographers. It is worth noting that the victims are to be sought out by Muslims, which is what today’s terrorists do. If this passage is meant merely to apply to the city of Medina, then it is unclear why it is included in Allah’s eternal word to Muslim generations.

Quran (47:3-4) – “Those who reject Allah follow vanities, while those who believe follow the truth from their lord. Thus does Allah set forth form men their lessons by similitude. Therefore when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners,” Those who reject Allah are to be subdued in battle. The verse goes on to say the only reason Allah doesn’t do the dirty work himself is in order to to test the faithfulness of Muslims. Those who kill pass the test. “But if it had been Allah’s Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.”

Quran (47:35) – “Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost (Shakir: “have the upper hand”) for Allah is with you,”

Quran (48:17) – “There is no blame for the blind, nor is there blame for the lame, nor is there blame for the sick (that they go not forth to war). And whoso obeyeth Allah and His messenger, He will make him enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow; and whoso turneth back, him will He punish with a painful doom.” Contemporary apologists sometimes claim that Jihad means ‘spiritual struggle.’ Is so, then why are the blind, lame and sick exempted? This verse also says that those who do not fight will suffer torment in hell.

Quran (48:29) – “Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves” Islam is not about treating everyone equally. There are two very distinct standards that are applied based on religious status. Also the word used for ‘hard’ or ‘ruthless’ in this verse shares the same root as the word translated as ‘painful’ or severe’ in verse 16.

Quran (61:4) – “Surely Allah loves those who fight in His way” Religion of Peace, indeed! The verse explicitly refers to “battle array” meaning that it is speaking of physical conflict. This is followed by (61:9): “He it is who has sent His Messenger (Mohammed) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam) to make it victorious over all religions even though the infidels may resist.” (See next verse, below). Infidels who resist Islamic rule are to be fought.

Quran (61:10-12) – “O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a commerce that will save you from a painful torment. That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad ), and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwelling in Gardens of ‘Adn – Eternity [‘Adn (Edn) Paradise], that is indeed the great success.” This verse refers to physical battle in order to make Islam victorious over other religions (see above). It uses the Arabic word, Jihad.

Quran (66:9) – “O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey’s end.” The root word of “Jihad” is used again here. The context is clearly holy war, and the scope of violence is broadened to include “hypocrites” – those who call themselves Muslims but do not act as such

35. Desmon

April 18, 2015 at 8:14 pm

I ve said it befor, i’m saying it again and I will keep saying it. These stuff called Islam is nothing but continental criminal bandit, which intention is more babaric than we all believe we know. First of all, lets consider a couple of things here. In Pakistan what is the source of their trouble, like wise Egypt, entire middle easth, north Africa, West Africa, south and central Africa? Its only but one answer, the ”International Society of Lucifer And Mediocrities” (I.S.L.A.M). These mediocres have practically upturn the balance of the world. And the worst and most painful part of it been that these vampires are so mean, and some of their hidden agents are always in a haste to defend them each time they committ any of their customized atrocities. May I use this medium to call on the well meaning people all over the world, to rise and stand together against this blood thirsty demonic group called islam. As we ve all come to understand and know, Islam is not a religion, instead, its a world terrorist group. He who claim it does not concern him today should not be too sure about that, because if it does not affect you in person today, your friends and loved ones are at risk of falling their victim tomorrow. I call on British prime minister Mr Cameron and his Isreal counterpart, Mr Benjamin, France and U.S presidents to rise up to this challenge, especially United State of America to wake up and evaporate these demons, else, U.S should be expecting another OSAMA BIN LADEN in no distance time. Africans too must form alliance, unite against Islam, and God willing, it shall be eradicated and the world shall enjoy peace once again, because nomatter how long it takes, good, will always prevail over evil.

36. ShineShineShine

April 18, 2015 at 9:40 pm

@TKum……….lol. Gurl, U ar wired! I cannot find the right words to beat your response.

37. common sense is not so common

April 19, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Many people here are serious bigots….and your expression of hatred will never change things or make anything better. At the end of the day we are all being fed news that we did not witness…….to be logical the main question should be that Islam has exited for hundreds of years so if indeed Islam is violent how come these occurrences are just happening now? Why hasn’t terrorism existed in the 40 s 50s 60s etc……obviously there is more to these things than meets the eye beyond religion…..
    God sees all anyway….

38. bogart

April 24, 2015 at 12:19 pm

If throwing some people overboard would save the boat from sinking and drowning all, I would not blame the Muslims for throwing the Christians, for if the Christians were the majority they would throw the Muslims. But the boat was not sinking, and Christians would never have thrown the Muslims overboard because they believe in ”Thou shalt not kill’ . The Muslims believe ‘Do not kill your Muslim brother’ i.e. you may kill non Muslims.

39. u khaffirs

April 25, 2015 at 7:11 am

The Quran.

The Quran:

Quran (4:76) – “Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…”

Quran (8:65) – “O Prophet, exhort the believers to fight…”

40. Chinedu

May 5, 2015 at 7:08 pm

This Religion sha oo – wahala too much. Any where they are na so run run – helter skelter . This is so – shameful. , but why run to Italy – A christian Country, why not Middle East so as to practice the religion perfectly there.

41. maame k

August 6, 2015 at 3:47 pm

wow.wow,wow,all Muslims pleaseeeeeeeeeee keep quite,just accept it ISLAM IS VIOLENT DASOOORRRRRR,AHHHHBAAA!a typical example is the three northern regions in Ghana,i am a Ghanaian too but you will see how the people from the north are are not really welcomed anywhere,reason is they are too violent and never seem to understand nothing!they hate to be called”pepeni”(in akan) meaning people from the north,these are the very people who will make war because of guinea fowl leading to the death of soo many people,just recently in a town called bimbilla in the north twelve people died because of cow meat,just about last week violence broke in one of the secondary schools also in the north the reason being that they were not allowed to wear slippers to the examination hall,one student lost his life in the violent attack where the students burnt one of the police vans,,,seriously people are really really tired of them(Muslims)just see what ISIS,BOKO HA RAM,ALSHABAB and their followers are doing to innocent people ,after their nonsense killings they will shout “Allah Akbar”(hope i spelt it right) lol,,i wonder which allah they are calling and chanting its name……i remember our house was a bit close to one mosque and on a Friday whiles their imam was preaching ,instead of him concentrating on his quran he was rather saying JESUS CHRIST CAN NEVER BE GOD,JESUS CHRIST HAD NO PARENTS,HOW CAN MARY HAVE A BABY WITHOUT A HUSBAND?#shallow-minds#who is the HOLY SPIRIT?i said to myself may he know the only truth and the only way to the FATHER IS JESUS CHRIST!