Features

BN Prose: God Bless My Hustle by Chiugo Akaolisa (Part 3)

***Editor’s note: This is the third and concluding part of this story series. {Please click here for Part 1 and Part 2}

I was 30 minutes behind schedule! Dylan, for the first time in a long time, had separation issues at the school gate. He pulled everything from “I don’t think there’s school today, mummy” to “I think my belly hurts”. I carried him to his class but I wouldn’t set him down. His teacher advised me to put him down and leave and he’d get over it soon enough but I did no such thing! He was my world and if he wanted a little more time with mummy then he was going to get just that. “Look at the clock, Dee, when that weeny hand gets to two ill magically appear, I promise. Do you trust mummy?” I had no idea if he understood my explanation but he smiled and nodded. He gave me a kiss on the lips and went to join his friend. His teacher gave me a disapproving look as I turned to leave. I knew what she was thinking but she could shove it for all I cared.  Next stop: the doctor.

The choice to become an Aristo was very easy but the process was tough. When my mentor, showed me this side of life, she gave me two lists. The first was what I had to do to prepare myself for the life and the second was that of rules and regulations. I had to drop over 10kg of baby weight, I had to do several STD tests, shave every bit of hair on my body, and lighten my skin, breast augmentation, expensive wardrobe change… The first list was endless but I got everything done. When Tracy first handed me the lists she said “you are a pretty girl, Priye, but every man is looking for that perfect fantasy and they are willing to pay any amount to live it. I want to turn you into the popular version of every man’s dream. You are going to be paid a lot to be that way” I smiled awkwardly and replied “what will my husband think about all the changes?”  My voice was almost a whisper “if you cared about what he thought, you would not be here” with that, she left me with my new fate. She was absolutely right; James opinions stopped meaning anything when he had a vasectomy. I almost burst out laughing when I read the rules. They were absurd.

1. Your name, address and personal details must never be revealed. A fake name may be used when necessary.
  2. Leave emotions out of friendships because family members of friends are fair game.
  3. You must never go over 58kg. You must always look perfect. Yoga is encouraged.
  4. Monthly medical check is a must and STD prevention methods are highly encouraged.
  5. you must never spend the night with a client
  6. You must always listen with rapt attention and show compassion. Sometimes these men are only looking for someone to talk to.
  7. Be very well read and articulate. You should be able to hold intelligent conversations.
  8. Never see the same client for more than 6 months except for a “phone-a-friend” arrangement
  9. You must never discuss your second life with anyone but your mentor
  10. Learn all sexual positions, toys and clothing; be able to explain them well…

As I read on, my confidence slowly declined but everything had to be done because I had chosen the life and I had to live it.

After a series of medical tests, I left the hospital and drove to my second home. I took a quick shower and changed into very provocative red lingerie. I had my nail polish and lipstick match the color of my piece. I threw a free dress over the lingerie, put on a gold pair of red bottoms, dabbed Christian Dior’s Hypnotic Poison between my perfectly enhanced breasts and I was out the door. I had my bag of tricks in one hand. With the way I looked, Eve would have been proud. No Adam could resist me now.

I took me almost half an hour to get to Chief Pius’s meeting point. I was an hour late but I sent him a picture of my nude body, from the neck down, for him to ponder over before I left the house. I walked into the guest house and opened the door of the room I was directed to.

“Chief Pius…” I said after locking the door “how about that promotion we talked about?” with that I slowly lifted my ill-fitted dress to reveal what I had underneath.

With the way his eyes widened, I knew it was a done deal! God Bless My Hustle

Photo Credit: Dreamstime | Paul Hakimata

Chiugo Veronica Akaolisa is a graduate from the University of Alberta, Canada. She is a God-lover and a recluse. Her every spare time is spent writing and developing her business. She is an entrepreneur and a budding novelist. Her true passion is Poetry and Relationship Tips. She has a minor in Psychology. Twitter: Verachi | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cakaolisa | Instagram: missverachi |

1. JAYNNE

May 5, 2015 at 9:27 am

INTERESTING READ

2. naijaflo.com

May 5, 2015 at 9:42 am

very nice! i applaud.
    visit naijaflo.com

3. LAE

May 5, 2015 at 9:56 am

Wait ooo. this is the concluding part? When story just begin sef

4. iamjasmine

May 5, 2015 at 10:39 am

again.. tasteless, but you will get there. Also in your Bio, what’s the point of “Bsc Graduate”, surely a “Graduate” and the course you studied would make a better read, imho! anyways, keep doing what you do, you can only get better.

• 'Oma

May 5, 2015 at 11:04 am

Nawa o, you must really dislike this girl.Wetin she do you?Did she steal your man or crush?Or were yu hoping to be the first to post a story like this and she beat you to it?I bet you must hate being in the same room with yourself
      Nice one Chiugo, jisike

• iamjasmine

May 5, 2015 at 4:56 pm

No matter how good your article is, you will have all sorts of criticism, you may do well to try not to be sentimental with opinions that don’t sit well with you, even great bestsellers don’t get 100% positive reviews…

But i’ll say this – Do not ever write a piece and try to hit the comments sections with different usernames or get your friends to drop comments for whatever reason smh.

If do not get comments, go back to the drawing board, the truth will come the very day you write a great piece and will get tired at counting how many ..
      but even at that, you will get a fair share of all kinds of comments.
      lastly, What did you study again as a Bsc Graduate? Thanks girlie o!

• Misty

May 5, 2015 at 11:50 am

Enough already!! If you think her posts are so tasteless then stop reading them. Ever heard of constructive criticism?

• honey

May 6, 2015 at 8:07 am

Are you guys dating the same guy?
      From the first part, you have been on her. You must have some deep issues and i suggest you see a psychiatrist cos this is not normal. Please do that fast before this hatred gets you.

5. jefka

May 5, 2015 at 1:11 pm

how can this be the concluding part? so far this is the most interesting episode.
    biko dont comman do this disappearing act.

6. Bless hustle!!!

May 5, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Chiugo, u can’t just stop like this o, hope you turn this into a mini-series….kudos to u.

7. iamjasmine

May 5, 2015 at 4:46 pm

I do not have to know her or hate before I can comment on her article, as a matter of fact I am actually helping her just by adding to comments section of this supposedly great article that has managed to garner only 8 comments so far, this is also the true indicator of a good read or not so good.
    Just to prove I want to help her I attempt to generate some warmth here in the Siberia of comment section.

• Babym

May 5, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Girl go and sit down jare!

8. loveaddict

May 5, 2015 at 7:25 pm

I really hope you consider turning this into a mini-series. It has potential to be a very interesting series. It started very well.

9. cocobutter

May 5, 2015 at 10:05 pm

Iamjasmine why do hateful . I feel sad for you

10. Ife

May 6, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Just Fair…not the best read

11. Anonymous

May 7, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Sheer waste of time reading this prose. There is no climax and anti-climax…lacks the literary elements. Nothing gained…none learnt.