Career

Shortlist launches Misfits Campaign: 20 signs that you’re stuck in the Wrong Job

Bella Naija (1)

Shortlist launches it’s Misfits campaign this month, where they focus on professionals that are stuck in the wrong job.

Have a look at the list below. If you find yourself agreeing with the majority of these signs … you might want to spend some time thinking about where your career is heading.

www.shorlistnigeria.com

20 signs that you’re stuck in the wrong job

• It’s all about the money! You start counting down to payday from the middle of the month
  • You mistook your MD for a driver and tried to chance him in the lunch queue
  • You’ve had to stay at home with “malaria symptoms” so many times your colleagues bought you a mosquito net for Christmas
  • You live 5 mins from the office but you’re always 2 hours late for work
  • You clock-watch from 12noon, 12.01pm…12.02pm…12.03pm …
  • You avoid all company activities, you’d rather walk on hot coal than spend any more time than you have to in the office
  • Appraisals are officially the worst time of year
  • The stationary, internet access and phone credit are all going towards your side business
  • You’d rather sit in traffic for 30 mins than get in early and spend it in the office
  • You’ve never put yourself forward for a “Special project” Why would you want to do more work than you’re paid for?
  • If your boss gives you work that takes you away from tending to your side business, personal emails or Facebook account – you get really really irritated
  • Your internet browser history is full of sites that are completely job related
  • You spend A LOT of time in meetings feeling lost
  • “When’s lunch time?” “You guys wanna go for lunch?” “Is it lunchtime yet?” – Mealtimes are clearly the highlight of your day
  • You’re ashamed of your job when you shouldn’t be- calling yourself a Nourishment Consultant instead of a waiter
  • You’re always hanging around someone else’s department because their work seems far more interesting than yours does
  • You’re constantly looking for empty meeting rooms in which you can spend the afternoon hiding out.
  • You complain about your job to anyone and everyone that will listen
  • You hate department meetings because they’re boring and you might have to provide an update
  • You consider being in the office past 5.30pm as “working late”

If you can relate to even two of these signs, don’t quit your job right away but at least start looking for one immediately. Join our talent pool and let companies headhunt you, it’s an easy and effortless way to see who’s interested in your skills without having to put yourself out there.

Remember, with your Shortlist online resume you choose the companies that are worth responding to.

Sign up today on www.shortlistnigeria.com

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Advertorial– Sponsored Content

1. bunmi

June 12, 2015 at 9:30 am

Gud mrn bella

2. Bleed Blue

June 12, 2015 at 9:38 am

The list actually has 21 bullet points.

Number 1 and number 9 are the same.

Yes, yes, pedantic me.

3. G connect

June 12, 2015 at 10:09 am

Nice idea behind the creation of this platform, I got my first shortlisting from an Organization in the Telco Industry. Hope I make it past the final stage…Good work Shortlist

4. Bunny Boo

June 12, 2015 at 10:42 am

Their website is too clean mehnnn!!!!!!!

5. flo

June 12, 2015 at 12:39 pm

“Your internet browser history is full of sites that are completely job related
    You consider being in the office past 5.30pm as “working late”
    You complain about your job to anyone and everyone that will listen”
    …………………………..Sad summary of my life right now! Lol.
    But seriously , how would anyone love a job that keeps you in the office from 8am to 5.30pm from mondays to saturdays, and even on all public holidays (asides easter and xmas)?? and then you are entitled to only 5 days of leave in a year.
    …..There is GOD oo!!!

• cherry

June 12, 2015 at 2:37 pm

@ flo I perceive u work in lrc ,cos dats d order of day in dat organisation, only 5 working days as ur annual leave, u work Monday to Saturday ontop 50k salary …….. diaris God o

• flo

June 14, 2015 at 10:49 pm

Naaah! not LRC. so there are other companies like that too? na wa oo

6. Gab

June 12, 2015 at 1:18 pm

I think the concept behind the site is really a good thing for people like me who are too busy with their present job and have no time to hunt for a better job! It would be a miracle for an employer to contact me when i’m not even expecting to offer me my dream job or at least a better one lol. Anyways if they would take out the job hunting stress for 3k? It’s a risk I’m willing to take

7. kehinde

June 20, 2015 at 8:04 pm

I will so appreciate it if it was “signs you are doing the wrong course ” I won’t lie I chose my course cause I thought its what it is but I didn’t enjoy it at all. But now seriously thinking if this course is right for me. God help me on this decision of change