Scoop

Caitlyn Jenner says “The Hardest Part about being a Woman is Figuring out What to Wear”

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Caitlyn Jenner

66-year-old Caitlyn Jenner is still having some difficulties adjusting to her new life as a woman.

She shared with Buzzfeed some of the hard parts of being a woman and for her, the hardest part is figuring out what to wear.

Here are excerpts from her interview.

On the hardest part of being a woman: The hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear. It’s always that way; I never thought it would come to this. I had really no sense of style. Everyone around me in my family had the sense of style — I learned as much as I possibly could. But, it’s more than that. I’m kind of at this point in my life where I’m trying to figure this womanhood thing out. It is more than hair, makeup, clothes, all that kind of stuff. There’s an element here, that I’m still kind of searching for. And I think that’ll take a while. Because I think as far as gender, we’re all on a journey. We’re all learning and growing about ourselves. And I feel the same way.

On the moment she felt most proud to be a woman in 2015: Over the last six months it’s really been a progression. I have found that women have so much unleashed power that they don’t really utilize because they don’t have confidence in themselves about who they are, and what they can do. I have always actually been with and attracted to very strong women, and I think I’ve learned a lot from them. The power of the woman has just not even been unleashed around the world.

Check out the full interview here.

1. Ano

November 16, 2015 at 9:50 am

I’m sure “she” has still not cut off “her” *stuff*. I have a feeling she will “transition” again to a man along the line… she sounds unsure of the whole thing.,

• Amebo

November 16, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Read the heading and came straight to the comments ☕️?

2. truth

November 16, 2015 at 9:56 am

perfect stupid nonsensical insensitive bull. can you imagine, while we real women- dna proven, have horrible cramps each month, have job and education descrimination based on gender, and so on, this fool thinks after living as a man for his whole life, that playing extreme dressup makes him equal to natural born women, he must have another thing doing him. mtcheww !!!

• Athena Brown

November 17, 2015 at 12:04 am

There are 50 peer reviewed studies, all of which show virtually no job discrimination for women. 4thwavers.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/the-wage-gap-myth-explained/ – though you may have a point on the whole cramps thing.

• Teddi

November 17, 2015 at 2:07 am

There’s no medical reason women have to have periods each month. Hormonal birth control can safely and effectively end them.

• saynotohormones

November 18, 2015 at 4:44 am

so you don’t know hormonal birth control has its own wahala abi?

• Véronique Bellamy

December 10, 2018 at 2:51 am

Trans women are “natural born women”.

3. Surely

November 16, 2015 at 9:59 am

BN joining the rumor mongers to misconstrue this woman’s words.

4. Veeda

November 16, 2015 at 10:03 am

Rubbish!!!!

5. Ruby

November 16, 2015 at 10:08 am

Man you mean??

6. Beeeee

November 16, 2015 at 10:15 am

You are lucky that the hardest part about being a “woman” is figuring out what to wear. Real women deal with more serious issues. Shout out to all the Lagos mums that i see every day….from the hawkers on the streets walking in the hot sun with babies on their backs, to the mums dropping their kids at school and getting themselves to work before 8AM from Monday to Friday, from those who are struggling to even conceive to those who lose their lives giving birth.. I don’t want to abuse this wo(man) so…let me get back to work

7. Truth.

November 16, 2015 at 10:16 am

“I’m kind of at this point in my life where I’m trying to figure this womanhood thing out. It is more than hair, makeup, clothes, all that kind of stuff. There’s an element here, that I’m still kind of searching for.”
    And which you will NEVER find for the simple everlastingly unchangeable fact that you are a MAN and will forever remain a MAN.

• Véronique Bellamy

December 10, 2018 at 2:53 am

Even though she’s not a man, she’s a woman.

8. Natu

November 16, 2015 at 10:26 am

Really girl? Women deal with sexism, patriarchy and misogyny. Don’t belittle my struggle as a woman.

9. tannie

November 16, 2015 at 10:39 am

Sorry Bruce, you won’t find it cuz you are a MAN, only women (REAL WOMEN NOT TRANS) knows what it feels like to be a woman.

10. Natu

November 16, 2015 at 11:08 am

Really girl? Women deal with sexism, patriarchy and mysogyny. Don’t belittle my struggle as a woman.

11. Iris

November 16, 2015 at 11:17 am

Lol sounds like a true Kardashian. The hardest part is figuring out what to wear? Really, Woman of the Year? These are rich white women problems.

12. heeba

November 16, 2015 at 11:20 am

The hardest part of being a woman is to sacrifice your innermost desires and pleasures for your children’s well being!!! Madame Bruce!

13. zara

November 16, 2015 at 11:22 am

Bruhhhh…

14. Las

November 16, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Seriously? The Hardest Part about being a Woman is Figuring out What to Wear??!!

What about gender discrimination? What about the glass ceiling? What about ‘Where is your husband-ism?’.

What about not being able to drive in certain parts of the world? *sigh* the struggle continues to be real.

• Ameera

November 19, 2015 at 7:08 am

Or giving birth. Or the inability to give birth. Or looking over your shoulder when walking at night (or any time of day really) for fear of being attacked. Or the perception that every time you have a feeling it’s because you’re menstruating. Or menstruating at all. The list goes on and on, really.

15. aishat

November 16, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Bruce, Ba ki da ankali walahi

16. Titilope

November 16, 2015 at 12:15 pm

We have to deal with menstrual cramps.. Labour pains and the rest…. and this is the best he could come up with. Clueless agbaya…. alaseju….

17. amh

November 16, 2015 at 12:23 pm

oshico.

18. Tee

November 16, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Stupid she/man, try having ur period every month, cramping and bleeding for as long as 5days, or being in labour for as long as 72hrs, feeling the worst pain in ur life as if all ur insides are about coming out. When you now have this beautiful creature, you will be breast feeding and still go back to work, going into the toilet just to pump ur breast every few hours,just so the aching reduces. You get home, mummy and wife duties continue………then you start again the next day.
    When you deal with all this and more, pls come back and tell us the hardest part is for you. Mshewwww

19. oluchi

November 16, 2015 at 12:45 pm

isi gbawa gi! thunder no n’eligwe magbuo gi!!

lemme get back to work.

20. nameoh

November 16, 2015 at 2:15 pm

really, Bruce? really? you are not a woman! you’ve never menstruated a day in your life, never had cramps, never experienced pregnancy and all that comes with it, never had to birth a child! please take several seats!!!!!!!!!!

21. aunty

November 16, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Please Brucelyn, talk to me when you get your period!

22. jhennique

November 16, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Osi to da ile pako

23. dips

November 16, 2015 at 6:59 pm

Ode!! Has He (the fake she) menstruated before?? Choosing what to wear is really hard.

24. [email protected]

November 16, 2015 at 8:30 pm

D funny thing is Bruce always struck me as a man’s man..athlete and all..no feminine tendencies! The devil can really mess with someone’s mind sha

25. Vicki

November 17, 2015 at 6:51 am

The hardest part about being a woman is being everything to your family, nurturer, doctor, chauffeur, chef, bank, maid, advisor, confidant, role model, bread winner and affection center 24 hours a day, everyday. If you think the trivial job of deciding what to wear is the hardest thing then I really question why you became a woman. How do you not understand women if you have felt one trapped inside you for how many years? How can you be this clueless to the struggles we face, did you not struggle yourself trying to find your identity, did you not pay attention to the world around you?
    I really don’t understand. When I read a transgender story about someone struggling with a hidden identity, at no time do I ever feel like they fit the body they were born into. It’s like they are trapped. They are secretly living as the other gender. I have yet to feel that about you. I hope you truly find happiness in your decision but I sincerely hope you think long and hard about what you say publicly again

26. Gbemz

November 17, 2015 at 9:33 am

Try ‘ looking’ for your period for 2 months. Eventually “seeing it” then bleeding for 6 days non stop. Cramps, tying to stylishly check if you are not “stained “. During which you have to run after kids, wash,cook,clean. Silly messed up man

27. Nonso

November 17, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Nwokem, biko park well make we hear word

28. zuli

November 17, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Its always amusing to me when I hear a gay man/woman, transgender try to convince me that they were born as titled. Of Course!!!! You will say that in order to engage in your perversion. The human race has been shown to be capable of extreme pervasion. Humans have been sexually excited by dead bodies, animal etc. Are we to celebrate these fetishes also. I am yet to meet a gay man/transgender man with an innate need to embody the real essence of a being a woman,. It just always appears to be an identifiable preference from a place of fetish, superficiality and glamour surrounding the women folk. Its is extremely disheartening and pitiful when you encounter a man that decides to emulate woman talk, hand gestures and the caricature of the woman mannerism. These individual appear to have an inappropriate need to inform the mass of their sexual preference and a compelling argument to continue to indulge in these sick, crass behaviours. These sick indulgement is not consistent with the scientific Anatomy of the body, or religious view. Studies have shown the detrimental effects of constant probing of the anal area.

29. Allison

November 18, 2015 at 4:52 am

You know what I detest? I detest when some uses their platform to write an article about a phrase taken out of context from another interview. Did you watch the Buzzfeed interview? If so, why did you leave out the rest of what she said? Does it not fit your agenda? Here it is.:

“But it’s more than that. I’m kind of at this point where I’m trying to figure this womanhood thing out. It is more than hair, makeup, clothes, all that kind of stuff. There’s an element here that l’m still kind of searching for. And I think that’ll take a while, because I think that, as far as gender, we’re all on a journey. We’re all learning and growing about ourselves, and I feel the same way.”

I’m no apologist for Jenner, but when we let people tell half truths about anyone, we are allowing it to happen to ALL of us.

30. maria

November 18, 2015 at 5:40 am

Not only will he never know the struggles of being a woman, he will never know the innate beauty, the grace, the love and the beautiful essence of womanhood. Whatever he decides to wear, he will never know the gift of womanhood.