BN TV

BN TV: Battabox Speaks to Oresegun Olumide – Creator of Hyper-realistic Paintings that Went Viral

There are so many talented people in Nigeria who make and create things that are seemingly out of this world and Oresegun Olumide did that with his unique water paintings and realistic looking artwork.

Only last month, his paintings were featured on CNN after they transcended from Facebook to other Social media platforms.

He speaks to Battabox presenter Adeola where talks about the subjects of his paintings, the inspiration behind them and how long it took for him to get recognition for his work.

Watch it here!

1. Jumi

May 25, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Great talent,may destiny killers not drown your aspirations.

2. Ifeyinwa Mic

May 25, 2016 at 10:23 pm

I want to purchase one of his paintings. How?

3. TEE

May 25, 2016 at 10:52 pm

THIS PRESENTER IS GETTING BETTER…….HER PRONUNCIATION AND ACCENT ARE BEGINNING TO IMPROVE. THANK GOD.
    UNLIKE WHEN SHE FIRST STARTED…..JEEZZZZ

4. ME

May 26, 2016 at 1:07 am

Seeing his other paintings now I feel a bit more calm. The paintings that went viral always featured naked children and I am sorry but in this day and age, one would wonder why that is an inspiration for many of an artist’s works. But I can see clothed….children in his workshop. Please forgive me as I don’t mean to sound vulgar or anything but as someone sexually abused at age six and finding out many years later that a lot of females experienced sexual abuse as children (even within the family), I am extra careful of what type of art, music or movie I appreciate.

• fifi

May 26, 2016 at 2:00 am

It’s not even the naked kids that bothered me that much but the girls who were minors in nighties in addition to the naked children . One of the paintings even had two girls in their nighties where the one with low cut had her legs wide open while the other one had her nipples showing through the dress and now he turns out he actually knows these girls. I was also sexually abused at age 5 so this is not about having a dirty mind. Pedophilia is a very serious problem in Nigeria that is always brushed under the rug. People really need to be more vigilant.

• ME

May 26, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Yes fifi, I remember that too. In fact, I remember that in that particular painting, the two young girls who in scanty nighties were holding a magazine or newspaper. And the page they were reading had the image of an adult woman’s legs in mini skirt (that was so short, I think the lower part of her panties were showing?) Anyway, the words ‘keep it tight’ were printed across or over this image that the girls were looking at. It is pretty reasonable to conclude that ‘it’ is the female genitals and these girls in skimpy night wear who look nothing older than 12 are looking at this. I really don’t care that anyone thinks I am hating on this artist ( who I don’t know from Adam) but the facts or rather the paintings speak for themselves. I hope Nigerian parents and really parents around the world would appreciate how serious this issue of abuse of minors is. My parents believed themselves to be (and in many ways) were protective but it is usually those trusted ‘uncles’ ‘cousins’ ‘lesson teachers’ and even ‘aunties’ that break the trust placed on them. It’s very painful.

• dami

May 26, 2016 at 2:06 am

Goodluck to you and whatever type of art you appreciate. Will he paint kids that are clothed while in the pool or stream? Clearly those with the naked kids had water surrounding them which depicts that they were swimming. You oversabis need to calm down beg.

5. fifi