BN TV

BN TV: This Video of a Warri Couple Married for 56 Years is a Must-See!

BN TV

Victoria and Lucky got married 56 years ago in 1960! This video of their love story is so hilarious and cute, in fact it’s a must-watch.

What made him like her?

He said, “the way she dey shake ‘im waist’ (her waist). He openly shares he was attracted to her butt :p

What made her like him?

He was a tailor and was always sharply dressed.

What next?

Then he followed her home and they held hands on the bed. They started dating, she got pregnant, then they got married soon after.

Watch the 5 minute video below by Onye Ubanatu – trust us, it’s worth the data 🙂

1. ibukungeorge

July 21, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Danny Boy!LOL,Too funny,sweet!

2. Zikky

July 21, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Awwwwww….they are so so adorable and cute. They warmed my heart, which is the reason why I will not comment on what she said about staying for the kids or feeling sorry for women who leave marriages with kids. They seem to have the love and playfulness between them. Happy for them.

• lady

July 22, 2016 at 12:43 am

I liked what you said in error, not that I disagree. What I was think she meant was she was not willing to let others raise her kids, so she focused on ensuring Danny boy clearly understood that

3. Paul Adeyemo

July 21, 2016 at 11:22 pm

There was no feminism during their time, why won’t the marriage last long. Thank God for your lives sir and ma.

• Fact

July 22, 2016 at 1:56 am

Rubbish comment Paul. Feminism or not, if you’re a bad or unfair person you can’t have a lasting or happy marriage pure and simple.
      A successful marriage is the union between 2 kind and reasonable people. Your accusatory comment already says a lot about you.

• le coco

July 22, 2016 at 11:09 am

There was no feminism in their day? really? mumu. Go nd learn more about Nigerian history before u come here.. If the likes of funmilayo kuti and Chris anyanwu weren’t feminist, I wonder who were

• ATL's finest

July 23, 2016 at 5:45 am

@ Paul now I truly believe something is wrong with U & in my Waffi ascent that I don’t have “Suntin dey worry U?”. You should be tapping into such blessings not puking out gas from my mouth with your comment.

• ATL's finest

July 23, 2016 at 5:46 am

And the 21 folks that liked Paul’s comment smh. It’s a dammnn shame on y’all.

4. Usuji

July 21, 2016 at 11:34 pm

One thing I noticed about the video is that they make each other laugh, you can’t possibly be mad at someone that cracks you up for a long time. especially the woman,she seems to still genuinely full of laughter when she’s with him, laughter really is the best medicine. hope to have that with my husband when I’m older.

• lacey

July 22, 2016 at 2:14 am

So true!do not marry any person you cannot forgive! Humour is very key! Laughter is medicine for the heart!

5. lady

July 22, 2016 at 12:54 am

Is it that young women feel they have to have perfect marriages? are they themselves perfect? A man cheating, it means disrespect, yes! but am I getting that women will end a marriage if a man goes clubbing? hahaha. Una never ready, marriage is compromise! do you not disagree with your loved ones, yet move pass it? do you always love everything about your workplace? school?

if there is domestic violence, yes parties should go their seperate ways. Inviting a therapist should not be off the table. In Nigeria, a trusted third party with wisdom can act as the third party. People are giving up because they already made the mistake by getting together in the first place. Marriage is sacred, treat it as such.

• Anonymous

July 22, 2016 at 10:07 am

WHAT are you saying? Do you think younger women are fools or what? Dating in itself if they couldn’t tolerate would they have gotten to marriage stage from there? ADULTERY as per one of God’s 10 commandments is what is bad if women cannot tolerate. Please please take your marriage certificate and go.

6. Nunulicious

July 22, 2016 at 1:51 am

Love this!
    More of this happy longlasting marriages biko. Cheers to many more years together.

7. Delta geh

July 22, 2016 at 5:55 am

Aww! My people! We no dey carry last!

8. Ranyinudo

July 22, 2016 at 8:13 am

Nice one! The Waist! Ahh. Papa must have been fine in his hey days. I pray this kind lasting love comes my way IJN, Amen.

9. Realchild

July 22, 2016 at 8:26 am

So cute! Loved it. Spouses should be considerate and tolerant of each other. Love encompasses so many things: responsibility, respect, trust, honesty, selflessness and many more. Once these elements are in place, a marriage can survive the rocks. But in a situation where there is domestic violence, I will never encourage the woman to remain in it, especially when the man is unrepentant and always ready to use his fists at any slightest provocation.

10. princevinco

July 22, 2016 at 9:13 am

I wish that the younger generation will learn from them.

11. Ijem

July 22, 2016 at 9:36 am

Feminism kwaaa !! beautiful and encouraging. God help our generation to understand what marriage truly is…Why marry if you will end up not liking, loving, completing, forgiving each other. Its really sad what is happening in the world today with marriages, it is becoming a charade, party, party, no respect, hate and pain, TV shows.. Marriage is like God !! I believe, it is scared, it is worship and not a joke..

• Anonymous

July 22, 2016 at 10:08 am

what does feminism have to do with this???

12. Jummy

July 22, 2016 at 9:47 am

Palm Groove seemed to be one of the happening places then. Our Lady’s High School was the highlight of my warri stay with FK Elegon as principal. I enjoyed warri so much. From Common Entrance to WAEC, till it was time to say goodbye to the lil city of warri to the bright lights of the big cities of the US of A. Shout out to all my girls. And FGC, Urhobo college and Hussey college boys keeping us busy and in trouble always….Very nostalgic.
    Peace everyone!

13. kilipot

July 22, 2016 at 10:37 am

Loool. It’s so sweet.
    Sometimes it’s just that simple

14. Cynthia

July 22, 2016 at 1:52 pm

She carry belle before marriage. They have been together 56 years! Jesus never strike them o….and they had premarital sex……. see ba not every time virgin and marriage bed undefiled…..sometimes have sex before marriage. My2Kobo.com.ng

15. Joke

July 22, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Cynthia, if one has unprotected sex, and miraculously did not contract HIV from a HIV positive person, that is afantastically lucky escape. It does not mean everyone should take that risk. Yes they did that, but they got lucky. Ask another couple who did the exact same thing and it is a different story. Marriage is not a one size fits all. If you wan use your life experiment consequences, oya off you go. Dont come here looking for justification to live carelessly.
    Your conscience follows you everywhere you go. You cant hide from it..
    These people are only sharing their experiences and how it panned out.

16. Lam Lam

July 23, 2016 at 10:17 am

aww this warmed my heart. Not surprised that some bare nigerian used it to attack feminism. Lol so predictable. Read a book on feminism, it is obviously not what you think it is.

17. luvnaija

July 23, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Key points: Danny boy listens to her and she in turn listens to him, he respects her and above all they play a lot as evident in the video. You make your marriage what you want it to be and it takes two committed individuals not one trying to lord over the other! Love this and wish same with Myking…

18. nmadeevah

July 23, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Too lovely, God will keep strengthening your bond and keep both of you in sound health!

19. Dammy's queen

July 26, 2016 at 10:29 am

wooow, am speechless…all i can do is tap into this. my new found inspiration for love & marriage. if they can stay together in love till old age, then my hubby and i will go beyond this by the Grace of God.