The #Emilinks #MyDoorStory N3,000,000 Giveaway is still on and each day for the past 24 days, 10 lucky people have gotten N10,000 for sharing photos of doors and the importance of the doors. More winners will be picked before the end of the month!
You can catch up with the previous days of the Giveaway here.
Thank you so much for participating as we love the creative turn your short stories are taking and your creative photos. Please keep sending them in, it might be your turn to win today!
It’s a new week and we are switching things up! So instead of sharing a photo of the doors in your home, we want to hear about importance of building houses with quality materials and not substandard materials and your good wardrobes. So get snapping!
Emilinks is a global manufacturer of world-class finishing and furnishing products such as doors, beds, kitchens, dining sets, wardrobes and shelves for homes, offices, hotels, royal palaces, presidential lodge, honeymoon suites and luxury villas. Emilinks uses a variety of innovative techniques blended with exclusive designs to build premium quality products.
With a record of excellence in all areas, Emilinks wants to empower Nigerians over the next 5 days!
MD/CEO of Emilinks Limited, Solomon E. Nwadiogbu, a very patriotic Nigerian is standing his ground to see that fake and substandard products are totally eliminated in Nigeria. He pioneered a campaign to eliminate fake and substandard products by crashing the prices of doors, wardrobes, kitchens and other furniture products in Nigeria.
We may have realized that doors play a huge part in our everyday lives. Ever wondered why there are so many philosophical sayings which include “Doors”, now is your time to reflect on the role doors play in your life and the disadvantage of having bad doors!
How to participate in the N3,000,000 Giveaway
- Take a clear photo of yourself in the front of a building, NOT in front of a door only, but in front of the entire building showing in the background.
- Share a story about the importance of building houses with quality materials and not substandard materials in your home and/or the society.
- We are looking out for creative, interesting, inspiring, intellectual and funny stories!
- Creatively linking in the Emilinks brand will be a plus. The key word is CREATIVE.
- Submit your entry via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or on www.bellanaija.com/tag/emilinks
- For entries on BN, simply leave a comment on the post of the day. e.g Day 8
- Remember to add the hashtags #Emilinks and #MyDoorStory to your post on social media or comment on BN
- Unfortunately, we cannot view social media entries via private accounts and DMs will not be accepted
- 10 winners will be selected daily to win N10,000
- Enter each day!
Abbreviated Terms & Conditions
Participants can enter as many times as possible
Entries reset each day at 10AM West African Time, therefore a new entry is required each day
10 Winners will be Chosen per Day
For social media entries, no Direct Messages permitted, only via Open/Public pages
For entries on BellaNaija, ensure you include an active email address in the email box
Winners will be chosen by an in-house judging panel
Assessment will be based on the photo and/or the story
Participants can only win ONCE during the 30 Day period
There is no entry fee for participation
Participants must be over 18 years old at time of entry
Winners can be based worldwide, however, MUST have a valid Nigerian bank account
Money will be paid via local bank transfer
For due diligence, list of participants names confirmed via bank account will be kept on record
List of winners’ social media handles and BN usernames will be published
Winners are encouraged to share news of their win via social media
Here’s the list of our 10 lucky winners! You will be contacted today
Post on BN:
1) Murphy – My Story illustrates d cliche ” what is what doing at all is what doing well”. The story is about a bachelor Mr.John who was hustling in d U.K and wanted to come back to Nigeria to settle down.He decided to send money to his aunt to build a 2-storey building duplex for him.
Unfortunately, his aunt was ignorant of d importance of using good building materials. Mr.John’s aunt was always feeling paranoid whenever d contractor asks for money for d building materials. She would not give d contractor d exact amount thinking d contractor was trying to extort her and her nephew. The contractor had to settle for substandard building materials which was cheaper.
Few years after Mr.John moved in, the disaster happened.Lightning destroyed d building because there was no earthing rod in a 2-storey building! Fortunately,Mr John was well to do and so he built another house and these time he made sure every material was of good quality including the ever competent #Emilinks furnitures.
2) Gabriel C.K – Day 24 During my 6 months industrial training, I worked in a pharmaceutical industry named kedi Healthcare. It happened to be a wonderful industries where lots of drugs and vaccines are produced. One faithful night, there was a heavy drop, it really rained heavily;this rain came with a strong wind. That very night where i was sleeping in my own quarter which is provided by the company, the wind blow off my roof. I was having a very good sleep that night with a sweet dream, all off a suddenly it was as if someone poured me water, because my sleep was so sweet i tried to neglect the water but surprisingly the water was pouring on me constantly before i could wake from my sleep i was drenched with rain to my Greatest surprise i looked up i was seeing lightning up the sky. Hmmmm i quickly rushed to the other quarter where the other Workers where staying to see if i could stay with them but when I got there but i could see was people standing helpless under the rain cos all there roofs has all gone off. After the terrible night we went to the company to lay our complains to our great surprise our company is also suffering the same fate, roofs all gone off. Hmmm all drugs and vaccines worth millions all soaked with water,Leaving our director in Tears and saying if actually his contractor used building materials from Emilinks no matter how strong the wind was his company and his quarters would have still been standing firm. #Emilinks #MyDoorStory
3) @chikenwo24 – @EmilinksNG @bellanaija #Emilinks D24 A house built with substandard materials puts You & Ur family in great danger
5) Tolu A. – My dad benefited greatly by using Emilinks products. He is a contractor Engineer who loves his work like my beautiful mother and every children at home. Two years ago my dad was given a project in a new site to build a nice duplex. Fortunately I was opportune to witness the ongoing construction work,but I notice he’s always stress-out to get the best building materials, until a day when we both sit in his library room, I gave him an idea to browse the best material online and we saw a lot of manufacturer but we concluded in buying Emilinks product. Very early in the morning we went to nearby post to buy security doors,roofing, wardrobe, bed stand,kitchen doors, gate etc.. We almost used Emilinks product for the building at the end we achieve the best structure, the same year my dad was awarded the best contractor of the year.Check the picture out #emilinks #bellanaija #mydoorstory
6) Sarah D. – There is nothing like having a beautiful, standard and comfortable house where you and your friend can just chill out. Having an uncomfortable and substandardly built house can be embarrasing, imagine being in a house and the rain falling starts entering your house (that is so embarrassing! ). You do not have to be a billionaire to build a well structured and furnitured house all you need is #EMILINKS touch on your house. It is very important to have not just a house but some where you are proud to call home. Make the right choice and save yourself from death or embarrassement, choose #emilinks today. #Mydoorstory #Emilinks #day24
7) Rita A. – 13 hrs ·
D last time I visited my grandma was last year October which happens to b on her birthday, so I decided to pay her a visit nd probably spend some quality time with her at Mushin since I just got back from school.. A day after my arrival, I decided to walk around the neighborhood nd then I noticed a very lovely building yet to b completed, I was surprised when I saw the building because most of the buildings around the neighborhood were built with clay nd that is the main reason why I hardly visit my grandma because I’m afraid the building could collapse any moment…after I saw d building, I went straight to the direction of the building not hiding my excitement then I asked one of the contractors about the building nd he told me that d former building on that spot was built with clay nd it collapsed due to the heavy rainfall and 2 people were seriously injured, I was shocked after hearing such news nd I queried the man if this present building won’t collapse like the previous one nd he told me that it’s nt the first time they are using Emilinks products, that with Emilinks products no fear of wind or rain destruction as the materials are of high quality nd not substandard… Then I was pleased after hearing that, so I went back home to tell my grandma about Emilinks…. Thanks to Emilinks, renovation is going on in the neighborhood. #Emilinks #MyDoorStory Day24
8) @itzdeolah – @bellanaijaonline I could recall when we still lived in our old house. My mum had actually warned my dad about the house telling him he got it cheap simply because the materials used are substandard. My Dad said nothing will happen and that its just for a while till our home is completed.
We lived in this house without any issues until one night when heavy rain started pouring down. I was home alone doing assignments, Dad travelled Mum went out. Suddenly I heard this loud crash, it was so loud I knew it wasn’t thunder. I peeped out to check and behold, half of the other tenants building was gone. I was shocked and my heart started racing because of the worst that could have happened to people still inside the building. I rushed outside and I could hear screams of ‘help! help!’ Coming from the collapsed building. I entered and found people badly injured and stucked. I was about running back to get more help when they begged me not to but just try my best because their pain was unbearable. I listened and started clearing and pulling obstructions in front and off people.
Something caught my eye suddenly, it was a body but wasn’t breathing. I screamed and others noticed and helped him out. He had lost a lot of blood so we rushed him to the hospital.
My mum returned the next day, after hearing and seeing what happened, she called my immediately. He arrived the next day. After calming us down again, he promised us two weeks and we were out. After we packed, we later heard the owner of the building and the contractors were arrested for endangering lives with a weak building built with substandard materials. Luckily, the other guy who was unconscious didn’t die, so no death was recorded.
I learned a lesson that day(which is a day i’ll never forget) that substandard materials used in building are dangerous. We should all avoid using them or patronizing these buildings especially because it is cheap. Remember money can’t buy life, be wise #Emilinks #Day24 #MyDoorStory
9) @beuiance_buchi – I opened the gate and walked in. ‘Wow’ was all I wanted to say but words can’t come out of my mouth, I have to arrange myself. For crying out loud, this building is five times older than I am. The walls; not even a crack on it, the paintings hmm hmmm still intact. You can tell this building was made from standard materials. I asked myself ‘why do we build a house?’ We build a house so we can be protected., protected from all weather conditions, also from the outside world. So why build a house with substandard materials which can’t guarantee your safety? Like you’re still living in BCE. Building your house with substandard materials can cost you your life, and also make burglars job a piece of cake for them. We’ve all heard about roofs being blown away.. trust me you won’t like such experience. #emilinks got you covered with strong furnishings materials. You should spend your money on quality building materials and enjoy the benefits from it, rather than feel the pain when you don’t. #mydoorstory #emilinks
10) @ofure_oladejo – @bellanaijaonline It sounded like a thunder storm that unfaithful morning. And I could feel my bed vibrating. “Is it about to rain?” I asked myself, because we were still in the heart of the dry season. While I was still wondering what was going on, I started hearing people crying and shouting around the neighborhood. With just a wrapper hung around my chest, I ran out of the house as fast as I could with different thought running through my mind. As soon as I got outside, behold, Uncle Akhule’s house that he just finished building and was planning to move in a week later had turn into a heap of rubble.
Uncle Akhule who had just retired from civil service, funded the construction of the building with his gratuity. What a catastrophe!
Like one would expect, He had a shock as soon as he got the information and till date he is still trying to recover from the cerebrovascular accident. His not living life but merely existing and waiting for the day he will breathe his last.
All this was happened because of using substandard materials in constructing a building. Thank God he did not move in with his wife and his children before the building collapsed. I would have been telling a different story.
Life is to be enjoyed and not to be endured. Do you really want to enjoy life? Please award your building project to a contractor that has Emilinks on his lip. With Emilinks, you will certainly enjoy life, because quality is Emilinks’s watchword.
If you were announced as a winner on previous days of the giveaway, please check your Inbox/Message requests/Spam for all the details we need to process your reward.