Features

Adanwa: 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Should Marry Nigerians

Remember the one time when you were young and you stepped out at an African function and your aunty told you, “my dear, you better marry a Nigerian ohh”; or the time you were told: “I hope you know that your husband will be a Nigerian”. You wondered why they were even talking to you because you were only twelve years old.

Now, fast forward, and you are 28, getting ripe. To your aunties, probably overripe, looking for Mr. Right.

Of course, you have have your list of qualifications and requirements in hand: he must be this tall, have a degree, and hopefully not do drugs, never been to jail. Is the question of being Nigerian ever on the list?

People will always tell you love is blind; but is that because you choose not to see or play the cards you have been dealt? My mom says: “he that truly searcheth will find”. So, if you are really looking hard for a Nigerian spouse, won’t you get one?

We have all heard the rumors about the Yoruba demons or the wicked Igbo boys that every girl dates and swears she will never talk to a Nigerian man again, but they always come back. Obviously, everyone has different opinions and no one can stop love when it comes, but are you searching out for your dream Nigerian guy?

I can think of a few good reasons why:

Cultural Barrier
Nigerians have a rich culture, and so many different ethnic groups within a single nation. To find that you marry out of your nationality now, not only are they not from your country, they are also not your ethnicity. Wahala dey go.

Mixed weddings and cultural infusions are really cool in the photos, but Nigerian weddings are pretty complex and the last thing anyone wants to do is start trying to combine two completely different cultures into a perfect celebration on one night. Nevertheless, as previously stated, it can be done.

Preserve the Roots
A recent study by the National Geographic showed that by the year 2050, a majority of Americans will be multi-racial. Some say that this shows great strides ahead for the future of racial relations, but what does it say for the future of culture and ethnic backgrounds? Nigerians marrying Nigerians will have a great movement in preserving our culture for the coming generations. As a people, Nigerians have worked so hard to make their mark in the Western World; should we really allow our culture to evaporate for the sake of racial ambiguity?

Convenience
Needless to say, although a lot of people will disagree, it is easier to marry a Nigerian. Imagine all the nervousness you had in your heart when you had to introduce your significant other to your parents. You could either say, “Mom, this is my boyfriend and he’s from Ikeji” or “Mom, this is my boyfriend Alex and he’s…..(not Nigerian)”. There a lot of less cultural gaps to fill when someone is from the same country as you and a lot less stories to explain as well. Plus, he will understand why you drink Peak milk with your tea and bread or why you go to church on New Year’s Eve.

To sum it up, you will need to agree on religion, finance, and family planning as a couple to truly succeed as a Nigerian couple.
As many will argue, these are the reasons why a lot of Nigerian marriages fail. We will leave those for another discussion.

Love is love no matter how you name it and no matter who says I do. But for one Nigerian marriage enthusiast, the best way to fly is with green and white. Plus, Nigerian wedding photos make such great viral images on Instagram.

Photo Credit: Sdeva | Dreamstime.com

The writer "adanwa" is a 20 year old Medical Student in the US. She enjoys reading, writing, cooking, staying fit, and blogging. Her friends would describe her as a sports fanatic and a southern belle. Needless to say, she is proud of her Nigerian heritage and is an advocate for African culture and society.

1. maymay

January 20, 2017 at 2:22 pm

ridiculous post. mtchewwwww

• jabakazi

January 21, 2017 at 9:06 am

‘Northener’ Alert!

2. Anonymous

January 20, 2017 at 2:24 pm

“Adanwa is 20 and blah blah blah”… Exactly. Stay in school and face your books and leave the writing of think pieces to people who actually know how to write well informed and nuanced write ups. This isnt it.

• Deola

January 20, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Her age has nothing to do with the write up. There are some 50yr olds who will write something like this because that’s what they believe and think life should be. Every ethnic group think about preserving ones culture/blood line and the convenience of it. Whites, Indians, Arabs, etc So why is she bashed for speaking her mind about preserving the Nigerian bloodline.
      It may not be your cup of tea but no need for insult.

• Adanwa

January 20, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Thank you! Many people reacted as if it is not something that a lot of think, but it is! Age has some implication on opinion, but a lot can be learned from experience. I did not make up this view, but it was something that I have noticed as well as many other people too.

• Anne

January 20, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Can people just stop blasting this girl because of her age. She is not just 20, she is also a medical student. Let her be, that’s her observation. Writing an article does not make her unserious about school. We know doctors who are also Pastors, celebrities, media personalities etc .Don’t intimidate her with your age. If you don’t agree with her opinion, then voice yours too and leave her age out of it.

• Adanwa

January 20, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Haha, thanks for the defense. As we all may know, not just anyone can enter medical school, so this is not an attack on my intelligence. Just an opinion, that just happened to be noticed, yet unpopular.

• Jaxxis

January 21, 2017 at 9:21 am

All evidence indicate before {Liberia!} there was {NIGERia!}

I absolutely agree with the author! Needless to Say!

U know what I find absolutely hilarious — A Cameroonian man has a child by a white woman the child is mixed race with evidential ginger hair to represent the compromise!

A nigerian has a baby by a white woman — the child comes out looking like a bloody arab with black hair. On every instance. I will never cease to laugh about this. HOW DUZ A BLAQ MAN BORE…”Our Enemy?”

Nigerians we have figured you out already, u just don’t realise it! but like i said before Liberia there was Nigeria.

• Jaxxis

January 21, 2017 at 9:24 am

All evidence indicate before {Liberia!} there was {NIGERia!}

I absolutely agree with the author! Needless to Say!

A nigerian has a baby by a white woman — the child comes out looking like a bloody Syrian On every instance. I have pondered long and hard about this! HOW DUZ A BLACk MAN BORE…”His Enemy?”

3. Blueberry

January 20, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Na wa o!

4. ab

January 20, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Cant even believe someone sat down and typed this up! Not sure what we have become. There is absolutely no reason why your head should go here! This is why people get into trouble in r/ships and marriage, girllll, let your heart be free! whoever sets your soul on fire should be kept close irrespective of their culture etc! Love has no boundaries, what is yours is yours and it is yours to keep forever if you keep God in it and put your best into it …..this is gibberish but oh well. They will soon call me a hater.

• florence

January 20, 2017 at 3:00 pm

She is 20 years old talking about marriage. Heck, at 26, I was so naive so I pardon this ignorance.

• Engoz

January 20, 2017 at 3:37 pm

You are not a hater. I’m glad everyone is speaking up! She’s still young. It’s best to correct her thinking before she makes useless mistakes that could have been avoided.

• Ruth

August 28, 2019 at 5:31 pm

Exactly. Why do they always advise us to look through the keyhole when we could open the entire door. I’m not saying we should ignore our ethnicity or preserve our culture but before we were assigned cultures, race and gender, we were humans and we were souls

5. Adunnie

January 20, 2017 at 2:51 pm

“and the last thing anyone wants to do is start trying to combine two completely different cultures into a perfect celebration on one night.”………WRONG!
    In my opinion, these your points don’t really hold water. Marrying someone from a different country does not in anyway mean you can’t preserve your culture. That’s up to you as an individual. If you find someone that meets all the qualities you need in a spouse but is not Nigerian I’ll you rather let them go just because you want to fly “green and white?”

• Adunnie

January 20, 2017 at 2:52 pm

*will

• Prince Charming

January 20, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Brilliant article, I learnt a thing or two. Adanwa, you have a good head on your shoulders. Most westerners are liberal, tolerant of deviant behaviours like homosexiality, etc. Most of them are athiests or nominal christians. Church attendance is at an all time low in the western world and their practising christians are what we call “Sunday christians” in Nigeria. Religion doesn’t take a centre-stage in their lives. As a practising, conservative christian, why should I marry someone who doesn’t subscribe to my religious views? Westerners don’t spank their children. We all know how we do it in Nigeria. How do I effectively discipline my child when I’m married to someone whose idea of discipline is a far cry from mine. In other cultures, you can call an elderly person by his/her first name. Every culture in Nigeria frowns at this. I could go on and on………… The lady is making a great deal of sense, but the I-too-knows in this blog won’t see it.

6. florence

January 20, 2017 at 2:57 pm

My mouth is wide open in shock. Am surprised Bellanaija posted this rubbish of an article. How could you sit down to compOse this trash in 2017? A whole article to talk about the convenience of marrying your nationality and you had to bash interracial marriage to buttress your point. So from the get-go, a Nigerian woman should only look at Nigerian men because….
    Is see that you are a 20 year old student in America. You have a long way to go.

• Adanwa

January 20, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Haha, I have a long way to go, but so does society. A lot of people have this view, it’s not only me. I wrote this article to showcase those views.

• A Real Nigerian

January 21, 2017 at 12:11 am

“Haha, I have a long way to go, but so does society.”
      Top kek ?

• Jumi

January 21, 2017 at 7:09 am

You want to be spanking your kids. Imagine what rubbish. Ok spank na. Social services will be at your door. Have you heard of time out or naughty corners. Stop spanking. Its abuse

7. Funmi Ender

January 20, 2017 at 3:03 pm

You are only 20 years dear. You don’t know who you will end up with.

Nationality should not be a criteria in selecting a mate. I know for a fact that marrying a hausa or igbo man as a yoruba will be the same as marrying a foreigner. So should one stick to their tribe for the sake of convenience?

I’m happily married to a Belgian and wouldn’t trade him for the world.

• Adanwa

January 20, 2017 at 6:19 pm

God bless your marriage to the man of your choice! I am not looking down on your relationship and believe that any relationship centered around love is beautiful! However, I am sure you can say that there were some outsiders who may have looked down on your relationship because of these views and I think this should change. That is why I wrote this article. 🙂

• Rahama

January 20, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Adanwa please kindly stop responding. You’re 20 and don’t have the maturity and experience yet to write on such matters. Kindly accept this fact and keep it moving. Your response shows your lack of maturity. If you want to make a case for Nigerians marrying Nigerians there are better ways of getting your point across. Don’t restrict your happiness to one race or ethnic group, allow yourself fish in different waters, you’ll be surprised what you’ll find. Take care dear

8. Observer

January 20, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Seems like every Tom, Dick and Stupid writes for Bella now. What an idiotic piece.

9. Dash

January 20, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Bellanaija, is it everything they send to you that you must post? what kind of article is this one again? Na wa oo

10. zenani

January 20, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Whoever wrote this article gives dumb a whole new name,definition etc.

Is it by force to write?

infact,i give up.

bellanaija you owe us an apology for this vile mess of dog vomit.

• Adanwa

January 20, 2017 at 6:20 pm

No worries, this post does not directly reflect the views of Bella Naija.

• Honestina

January 21, 2017 at 10:29 am

It does my dear. Will Bella allow a post written by a terrorist showing us how to make bombs in our kitchens and behead our babies? If no then it means they have a principle on the type of articles they post. 2017 is not even a month old yet we already have the most senseless and infantile article of the year.
      In stead of defending yourself, you should sit down and reflect on the comments by your elder sisters. This is a very unfortunate piece from a med student. Complete waste of space and time

11. Mo'Diva

January 20, 2017 at 3:28 pm

I can’t believe I took my precious time to read this. What?? Like seriously what???

12. Engoz

January 20, 2017 at 3:28 pm

I really, really wanted to ignore this article, but I just read your bio that you are a 20 year old and you have a brilliant future ahead of you. However, I really do not know why women are the ones always thinking they have to die with their race or culture. You find this same attitude in black women in America. They restrict themselves to black men. How has it paid off for black women in America? Do you think the Nigerian penis is thinking about ‘preserving culture’ or being loyal to Nigerian women? Men do NOT think like that. You’d better wake up before it’s too late and expand your horizons. Culture is tradable when it comes to choosing a life partner. What is not tradable is loyalty, fidelity, humility, love, honesty, PEACE of mind from your man. These qualities are not restricted to your culture, race or nationality. You open up the possibility of dating this type when you do not restrict your life. Please you do not have to marry a Nigerian. Being Nigerian should be last in your checklist of a potential partner after he has passed qualities like extreme loyalty and fidelity. Not first, not second, but last or not even a criterion at all.

13. hello kitty

January 20, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Bella Naija must be experiencing a serious shortage of content writers for them to have approved of and published this rubbish. Madam, please face your book and live relationship/marriage advise to those who have actual experience. Thanks and God bless.

• hello kitty

January 20, 2017 at 4:19 pm

leave i meant to type.

14. Ada_ugo

January 20, 2017 at 3:32 pm

why is everyone attacking this girl? Yes, she is 20, but we all were at some stage, so let’s cut her some slack.

15. www.thelmathinks.com

January 20, 2017 at 3:42 pm

The only reason BN posted this is to put this girl on blast. That has got to be the ONLY reason. Adanwa, you are 20 so I will reserve my comment in order not to hurt your feelings. Just a bit of advise seeing as you like to write, focus on topics that you understand. Please. Your bio says you enjoy blogging, fitness and cooking. I think those are safer topics for you for now.

I wish I can unread what I just read. ???

• Adanwa

January 20, 2017 at 6:22 pm

I’m sorry the article left you feeling so hurt, but don’t worry your comments do not hurt my feelings! I am enjoying reading everyone’s thoughts on the topic.

• A Real Nigerian

January 21, 2017 at 12:09 am

Apt ?

16. NG

January 20, 2017 at 3:56 pm

But seriously, is there any lady that does not experience a TINGE (at least) of concern when considering marrying into a different culture, no matter how ‘exposed’ and tolerant your outlook has become?

• Engoz

January 20, 2017 at 4:25 pm

There is a TINGE of concern marrying any man within my ethnic group or outside my ethnic group. As a Nigerian woman, this TINGE of concern is even more heightened when faced with a Nigerian male. Why? Our current culture privileges the male and gives him the excuse to indulge in recalcitrance. Only a handful of Nigerian men can think independent of this culture. So he will undergo more vigorous assessments to check that his world view and philosophies align with mine.

• Funmi

January 20, 2017 at 4:31 pm

I think it is normal to be concerned. From personal experience, the concern is for the family and external parties than what goes on between the both of you.

I found that when we both let go of what families would want for the ceremonies and focused on ourselves, the wedding planning went much better.

In terms of dating, once I let go of what people would say. It became like any other normal happy relationship.

• Adanwa

January 20, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Thank you my friend, everyone is acting as if this thought never crossed their mind.

17. Adanwa

January 20, 2017 at 6:12 pm

Haha, hello all, glad to see you guys really enjoyed the piece! Just to let you all know it was meant to be controversial/sarcastic, so do not take the article to heart, it was meant to stir the pot! I ensure you that my head is well, and you do not have to worry about the sensibility of the upcoming generation, lol. As a disclaimer, as you all may know, this piece does not reflect the thoughts or view of Bella Naija, etc. In addition, it does not wholly reflect my thoughts on marriage or relationships. I hope to redeem myself in the future with other articles, and keep you guys stirred but not shaken. Marriage/relationships are so much more than cultural views and ethnic backgrounds, but who can’t say that they haven’t had a couple of these things in the back of their mind at a time? Thanks for reading!

• A Real Nigerian

January 21, 2017 at 12:07 am

Hahahahaha. I like you.
      Your article was full of shyyte, but one thing you’ve got going for you is composure and this trollish demeanor in your responses.
      Totally love how you worked all these people into a shoot, sister. ?
      Good on you, girl.

• Jumi

January 21, 2017 at 7:01 am

I really think your article is geared towards planning a wedding and not the marriage itself. I am married to a Nigerian man as a naija woman, my kids dont speak yoruba yet. We hardly go to church cos I cant be bothered, so that nullifies your thinking about preserving culture and religion as a Nigerian couple. Inter racial marriage works depending on the people involved. Who cares what people think?

18. Junie

January 20, 2017 at 6:16 pm

I have sat here and tried to read the article twice as I thought I was just imagining what was written. This is rubbish and can’t believe bellanaija uploaded this. Choose whoever you love and marry. Culture, age etc
    Should not limit you. Love whosever you want.

19. Whocares

January 20, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Well, this piece wasn’t given much thought at all.. convenience.. really? I am wary of interracial relationships, but not for any of the mundane reasons given above. It worries me if it seems as if one part isn’t trying enough to understand their partner’s culture, or their partner begins to dilute themselves, or shrink themselves so they are easier to identify with, or easier for their partner to identify with. If people can get past this and accept themselves in all their r totality with no one going into the relationship feeling culturally superiors, then it should be alright really.

20. Mrs Tee

January 20, 2017 at 6:22 pm

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS ARTICLE AND I AM A BIT DISAPPOINTED AT THE LEVEL OF UNDEREDUCATION THE WRITER OF THIS ARTICLE HAS. I have been in an interracial marriage for 8.5 yrs. I am Yoruba and he is a Caucasian American. We met while I was growing up in America (I was a US citizen through my parents so no I didn’t marry him for papers lol) We are happily married living in Lagos with two kids who have Yoruba first names. How many naija couples have kids with ethnic first names to begin with? Our kids eat mostly naija food. How many naija english speaking kids will even touch swallow or snail? Our small kids understand my language and are learning to speak it. How many full naija kids can speak our languages again? My hubby and I are born again and are very active members in a naija church. And the list goes on. We did our traditional and white wedding in full bloom in Nigeria (with all his family members and friends in attendance). He respects my parents even better than I and respects all our traditions as I do his.
    My point is this; marry whoever you are compatible with first (share similar CORE VALUES),look at color later. Marriageable people (both men and woman) are scarce these days so have an open mind and marry someone you can live happily with.

21. Mavi

January 20, 2017 at 7:21 pm

#Engoz’s post .. nothing more to say. I doff my gele and withdraw.

22. Omo ajorosun

January 20, 2017 at 9:10 pm

I think we all need to cut the writer some slack. This was an article with sarcasm written all over it and I had a good laugh. The reasons listed in her article are very valid. However, they are also applicable to couples of the same race, couples from different tribes /different upbringing

Marriage is difficult. And the more differences you have between a couple, the higher the chances of conflict. Tribe or race just happens to be one of those differences.

I married outside my tribe and I thought I had escaped the drama that came with it but guess what?, I also encountered a different sort of drama with the family I married into. There will always be drama or differences. It’s just of a different type. That’s why I can also state a 1000 reasons why Nigerians should not marry each other.

• A Real Nigerian

January 21, 2017 at 12:08 am

I don’t think you know what sarcasm is.

23. Miracle

January 20, 2017 at 9:41 pm

This article is annoying and the heading almost racist

24. Miracle

January 20, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Interracial marriage should be encouraged and not discouraged like this article. The article is annoying and the heading reeks of racism.

25. Fellow med student

January 20, 2017 at 10:50 pm

I am also a US medical student in her early 20s and of Nigerian culture. I am a Nigerian-American and I have been in the American educational system since I was 8/8 years old. I’ll start off by saying everyone has a right to their opinion and should be able to freely express it. Being a med student also doesn’t mean you can’t do other things like writing an article. Thoughts of marraige is not consuming her mind, but she should rightfully think about it as a 20yr old woman. Culture isn’t the only thing that keeps a home, however it is part of it. Communication an for understanding one another is important, culture and religion influences that. Personally this all depends on how closely in touch someone is with their culture and religion. I can be friends and network with other cultures but I would prefer to marry a Yoruba man. If God wants otherwise then He will make it apparent. I’m not saying live in a bubble and despise other cultures. But everyone has an idea of what sort of family they would like and how they want to build their home. Find someone likeminded, pray for what you want and let God do his miracle. My parents came from the same city, they are still together. I love the infrastructure my family has and would love to replicate it to the best of my ability.

• Marian

January 21, 2017 at 8:32 am

I clapped for you in my mind after i read your comment. Ko ni re e ( it kinda loses it’s meaning in english). I pray at the right time God will bless you with the best man for you.

26. Adunnie

January 20, 2017 at 10:53 pm

Okay everyone is saying she’s talking like this because she’s 20 years old. Please I’m 20 years old and I do not think this type of mentality is okay and such thought has never crossed my mind. I’m quite surprised and appalled that there are people who still think like this, especially from the “younger generation” that have mostly been brought up and exposed to civilization. So please it’s not just about her age…. There are probably 50 year olds that think like this.

• Jumi

January 21, 2017 at 7:04 am

Should she say she is racist? Or myopic? Or just new to civilisation. When i just relocated to Finland. I used to think its easier to stick tovmy roots but after living around the world for 10 yrs and having my kids. I realised, it didnt even matter if you had same culture spouse, its about 2 people having the same values.

27. Biglad

January 20, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Support her 100% interracial and intertribal marriage are no good it should be avoided stick your people and preserve culture and dont mix anything

28. jeb

January 21, 2017 at 4:21 am

@adanwa….you are such an inteligent girl and you have such a bright future……..i am a man and i want to tell you that you made such valid points.. Anyone that lives abroad knows that you are saying the truth,,,,,and i believe those responding to you negatively are women……

Yes most nigerian men may marry out of their race…….but it is for different purposes including legality……….secondly it is a know fact that afirican american women …white americans and european women give blow jobs and intense sex to men………………most nigerian men have not experienced this kind of sexual behaviour before until they travel abraod and encounter this women….

i have friends who are married to women from different cultures…….and despite how happy they are……..they keep saying that they do not think that there children will grow respecting them or loving them the way we africans do to our parents………many of them are also going through crazy stuffs with their children…..

my understanding though is that interacial marriage would be more beneficial to women ….

29. Oju Ologbo

January 21, 2017 at 5:22 am

TH is this?

30. noone

January 21, 2017 at 6:16 am

Adanwa you need to stick to your medical school..no disrespect. Writing is not really your thing neither is marriage counselling and marriage definitely is not on your plan right now as I assume you are just starting college? Just face your books for now but dont restrict yourself to this kind of view when it is time to find a man to build a relationship with cos even marrying from your tribe or nigeria does not mean it will be easier or smooth sailing,it is as complicated as marrying from any other tribe or country.What should matter is the love and compatibility and not the country or tribe.

31. Marian

January 21, 2017 at 6:56 am

The way some people will just open mouth anyhow to downgrade another person is just sad. I enjoyed the article and it reminded me of the numerous times i was told by so many Nigerians not to marry oyinbo or akata.
    Just tell a naija parent in yankee you are dating an akata. Good times mehn!

Wait sef, is it not the same naija that some people won’t even date outside of their tribe?

32. Deni

January 21, 2017 at 6:57 am

@Adanwa and Omo Ajorosun, this writing had NO hint of sarcasm in it. Rather it was a very shallow and narrowminded piece on how marrying a Nigerian is more convenient for wedding plans! @Adanwa, I would like to kindly say that if you want to continue writing in this very unpleasant way, where you “stir up” such irritation and distaste. I suggest you do a rethink and face your studies. Trust me, coming from a senior colleague who’s a specialist you need grit to thrive in med school. We can talk marriage (NOT Weddings) in some years down the line. All the best

33. Jojo

January 21, 2017 at 10:09 am

@ prince charming,clap for your self. Cos in your mind, you have made sense???! According to you, Its only Nigerians that practices true Christianity. And being a religious person makes you a much better person than someone who isnt ? No wonder we are still so backward. Cos sadly we seem to have more people with your kind of mentality.. Emancipate your self from mental slavery man.!!!!

34. Naija Fairy

January 21, 2017 at 1:41 pm

My jaw continued to drop lower and lower until it was saved from falling completely on the floor when I read the author’s age. That explains this depth of ignorance and inexperience laced with unintentional racism.

35. Obi

January 21, 2017 at 4:23 pm

Whoever wrote this is just a racist. If a white person wrote an article about marrying ‘only whites’, we would condemn it. How is it okay for you as a black person to say this? Young lady, anyone can marry whomever they love. Sharing a flag doesn’t guarantee you a successful marriage. Moreover, Nigeria consists of many cultures. You can marry a Nigerian who is not of your ethnicity and it would be the same as marrying someone from another culture. I’m Igbo & if I married a Yoruba or Hausas woman, it would be like marrying a foreigner. I have dated many Nigerian women before marrying my wife. I can tell u that they some of them were like bulls; u have to hold them by the horns. I’m married to a Haitian-American woman, whom is the love of my life…..stress free.

36. ada

January 22, 2017 at 1:11 am

Adanwa you are a racist. That is the only explanation for this article

37. Paul R

December 15, 2017 at 7:10 pm

What a stupid article! I don´t understand the point! If the person who wrote this article is so proud of her Nigerian roots, why does she not come home? And what does it mean to be ” Nigerian??!” It is just an expression made by the British on a table in 1884!

38. Ruth

August 28, 2019 at 7:50 pm

@obi and @Paul k, I totally agree with your post. That was the most annoyingly racist post I’ve seen. And age has absolutely nothing to do with this. I’m 16 and even I know that’s stupid. And @prince charming wow. You think Nigerians are the only dedicated Christians in the entire world. Oh and great parenting advice. With all due respect that’s why when a child is about to make a life changing decision, they ask friends instead of parents with your mindset because all you think about devotion.

39. Ruth

August 28, 2019 at 8:00 pm

@obi and @Paul k, I totally agree with your post. That was the most annoyingly racist post I’ve seen. And age has absolutely nothing to do with this. I’m 16 and even I know that’s stupid. And @prince charming wow. You think Nigerians are the only dedicated Christians in the entire world. Oh and great parenting advice. With all due respect that’s why when a child is about to make a life changing decision, they ask friends instead of parents with your mindset because all you think about is devotion.