Features

Lota Ofodile: 5 Things Bobrisky & Donald Trump Have in Common

Lota

I know, I know. I can’t believe it either, but here we are.

I actually searched long and hard, but there’s just no cute or witty prelude to this one so I’ll just get right into it. And I just want to point out that I cannot believe I am actually writing an article about Trump and Bobrisky, but I didn’t really have a choice. I figured if I didn’t, someone else would have, which brings me to my first point:

So many haters yet so many followers, and still so relevant
I honestly don’t know how they do it. It’s actually very possible that we secretly like them, maybe even envy them, which is why we care so much about their lives (but bad belle is much more likely. LOL) Point is, no matter how much we claim to hate these people, we can’t seem to unfollow them, keep them off our lips, or ignore them into irrelevance. Then again, the things they say and do are just so ridiculous they keep you wondering what they’ll do next, and there’s no denying what a comic relief they both are.
I literally watch Bobrisky’s snaps just to feel good about myself or whenever I need a good laugh, and anytime I want to feel less crappy about how terrible things are in Nigeria, I just remember that despite all the BS Trump has said and done, America still let him run AND WIN a Democratic Presidential campaign.

Their skin and hair — questionable
I don’t think anyone knows exactly what’s up with Trump’s skin, which by the way, I like to refer to as The Cheetos Syndrome. His hair, well, too many jokes have been cracked about that already, so I’m out. As for our dear Bobrisky, I can’t even lie, his hairstyles are actually nice; they’re just difficult to process, because my brain is used to associating such things with female faces and bodies. Shout out to his hair (and make-up) stylist sha. As for his skin, it’s like one of my friends likes to say, “Bobrisky will soon disappear into that his cream.” You gotta respek the hustle tho’

They both recently acquired new, really big houses
Not much to say here except, Trump – White House, courtesy of some wonderful Americans and the Electoral College; and Bobrisky – Huge Mansion in Lekki, courtesy of almighty BAE, whom we’ll hopefully get to find out about someday… *fingers crossed*

They’re both social media sensations
In fact, social media is the only way we get our gist about them. In Trump’s case, it’s how we get info about how he plans to run America. Of course, for Trump, it’s Twitter (@realDonaldTrump), and for Bobrisky, it’s Snapchat (@bobriskyy). It’s amazing how active they are on these platforms and their following is insane!

We can learn one or two things from them
Surprised? I think not. Ok, maybe a little, but we can’t deny that these two characters have quite the strong personality and they’ve beat some mighty great odds to attain the level of “success” and fame they’re both currently enjoying.

One important lesson we can take away from Trump’s ascent to the White House is that you can achieve WHATEVER it is you set out to achieve (as long as you have the cash and enough people backing you, doesn’t matter if they’re sane or nutjobs). In the same vain, Bobrisky has taught us that all you need to be happy in this Hot Pot of Beans we call life are:
• someone that loves you for you are (or who you’re becoming depending on the kind of cream you use)
• a great P.A. (personal assistant)
• some bored, jobless, or bad belle followers, and
• assertive confidence, the kind that makes people reevaluate their principles and life choices

I hope you had as much fun reading this as I did writing it 🙂

Lota Ofodile is a writer and blogger who enjoys having great conversations, listening to, and challenging different opinions. Her family and friends mean the world to her, and she believes that love is the greatest gift of all. She is a self-acclaimed Nollywood connoisseur, and a lover of God, food, and everything pink! She is passionate about healthcare and entertainment media, and is in pursuit of a career that merges both fields.

1. Kaka onibajo

January 30, 2017 at 7:59 pm

You have time!! Lol but nice comparison . I really enjoyed it , it truly gave me a good laugh!!

2. LOL

January 30, 2017 at 8:03 pm

I equate this to ‘scrapping the barrel’ aka writing an article for the mere sake of it.

3. Weezy

January 30, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Your judgement is questionable. That is all I will say

4. A Real Nigerian

January 30, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Yet another pathetic, low-effort, poor-quality article that is severely lacking in both humour and content.
    This is not only scrapping the bottom of the barrel like someone said up there, but it has actually achieved the unthinkable feat of going way below the bottom of said barrel.
    This laughable attempt at a light-hearted shade manages to be even more ridiculous than the two people it desperately tries to attack. It is like a bad joke and we are left shaking our heads, looking at the author in complete shock and wondering how someone could ever come up with something so bad.

“I hope you had as much fun reading this as I did
    writing it”

Oh God No. Fun?? This is about as fun as cancer.
    This is an absolutely atrocious and utterly unfunny pile of gibberish that can only appeal to people with exceptionally poor taste.
    This article is bad and you should feel bad.

• Tinuke

January 30, 2017 at 8:58 pm

im glad i was intelligent enough to read this for what it is. light hearted. not hateful. quite tastefully done actually.
      i had as much fun reading as you did writing.
      im surprised this person is soo hot and bothered about it.
      i dont think it was written to garner this much emotion. i think the writer was going for at most a laugh, or a chuckle even a mental lol .

Real Nigerian. – Olodo ni e. take a CHILL PILL

• Nala

January 31, 2017 at 12:17 am

@Real Nigerian,
      I had more fun reading your review than I did reading the original article???. You said exactly what I was thinking. I guess there’s no more love/relationship/feminism posts to write anymore. She had to divert to Trump and Bobrisky. Thank you for the laugh jare

• Sisi

January 31, 2017 at 12:56 am

Lmaooooo wow! Did someone piss in your soup or crap in your swallow? Did MMM scam you? Hian! It’s not that deep abeg!

5. Onyole

January 30, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Really stupid

6. M

January 30, 2017 at 8:59 pm

You made sense my dear. The wise can see your point even if it is made to come across as stupid. Leave haughty hate filled people who feel to oworthy to take lessons from people’s experiences. I love these 2 only because they are hated.

7. funmilola

January 30, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Trump and bobrisky shouldn’t be compared at all even though I don’t admire either of them…..they can be social media sensations, I don’t care.

8. Stephen

January 30, 2017 at 10:37 pm

Excitingly creative with a touch of Helen Paul

9. Suga

January 31, 2017 at 12:07 am

What a write up.. Total waste of time. AS LOW AS A PIECE OF CRAP. This is actually the first time I got very pissed with bellanija. It’s that bad for me.lota or whatever you call yourself you better come out so that other people will evaluate you also and write about your skin color, your hair pattern and probably your body odour, cos I’m sure you can’t take this type of “jokes” about you. Very stupid and silly girl. As for bellanija that allowed this shit to be published, I have no words for you people. One day it would be uche pedros turn on another blog and I will remind you guys of this article. Because what you give is what you get. Yes call me Bobrisky or Trump and I will answer. Even if you do not like any of them… Making a public joke about people and indirectly spreading hatred of them because you have a platform is totally wrong and it should be condemned by all. Don’t forget that these two are human beings with emotions and feeling like yourselves. Bunch of wicked people in disguise, na today we begin to read jokes. Rubbish!!

10. Jess

January 31, 2017 at 12:35 am

You should try something new. This article is distasteful and not necessary. It only makes sane people question your state of mind