Scoop

Tonto Dikeh Apologizes to Mercy Johnson-Okojie for Insulting Her Child | Mercy Wholeheartedly Accepts

BellaNaija.com

In the wee hours of the day Nollywood actress Tonto Dikeh took to her Instagram page and shared a picture of her colleague Mercy Johnson-Okojie and apologized for an ill statement, she had made towards her child a long time ago.

Due to the buzz surrounding Tonto Dikeh and her marriage, after she removed her husband’s surname – Churchill – and “Yummy Wife/Mom” from her Instagram page, she saw this as the perfect opportunity to give Mercy the long overdue apology.

She shared a photo of Mercy, and wrote:

@mercyjohsonokojie Ever since I had my baby I have been reminded constantly about an ill statement I made about one of your kids a very long time ago.I want to use this media to say I am so sorry,I sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart.I had no right to say what I did,I totally disgraced myself with that.
As a mom I do realize a lot of things I take in because of the love of my son and I know you only took my insult because of that same love..
I am sorry MJ,I am sorry to your lil’ girl or boy..
We don’t have to love each other to realize when we are/went wrong
I have/had no excuse for my behaviour and I also apologize to the fans I hurt/Let down with my words that day many years ago ..To Err is human but to forgive is divine!!!
Am not trying to be the better person,You deserve this apology for your Child for the Love I have for God..I found God and everything in my life changed,Let me tell you about him sometime..
God bless you and yours!!! Happy new year…
Take your time with the process of forgiving my ill mannered words to your infant but pls eventually do!!
#2017 Amending All my Wrongs
#2017my year of positivity #Long over due apology #MAMAKING”

Mercy Johnson-Okojie, of course, saw Tonto’s post and in turn replied by sharing Tonto’s picture on her Instagram page, saying she accepts her apology.

Here is what she had to say:

“@tontolet am shaking and in tears as I read your post.I have learnt the more this morning that the holyspirit is true,cus by him you were in my prayers last night and this morning.am in shock.
I always heard of what an Angel you are.Please,I forgave you immediately King came because I knew that u would have understood how it hurt me.
I Love you and I am short of words now but thank you and trust me I wish so much happiness and peace.am already hugging you so tightly. it is well and Purity is Blowing you a kiss too.
My God Will Bless You and Keep you Ahead always. MAMAPURITY”

1. Peace

January 13, 2017 at 9:57 am

Nawao, drama every where. Thank God she realized her mistake and apologized.
    Tonto, may God restore your joy in Jesus Name.

• Echelyn Japhy

January 13, 2017 at 10:55 am

Amen

• Echelyn Japhy

January 13, 2017 at 11:01 am

An understanding heart is very important in someone’s life. Wisdom is the principal thing and; therefore get wisdom: and. with all thy getting get understanding

• fleur

January 14, 2017 at 5:48 am

Tonto, why did you allow that monkey take you for a ride? He did not even give you a white wedding. Who could he possibly leave you for? Well at least you have a child to love.

• Mark

January 14, 2017 at 9:35 am

You are Good just Good for nothing human being. @fleur

2. Authentic Sunshine

January 13, 2017 at 10:04 am

Some tenderness, love and passion between women is sooo needed right now. I love both of you right now and e hugs….sob sob.
    BN you pepo would do right to be a more pragmatic with your featured gist. What is that yansh and yerrow paw paw you have selected. And with how lazy you’ve become, there is no doubt it’ll remain there longer than necessary. Abeg change….

• Jenny

January 13, 2017 at 11:57 am

Authentic Sunshine Why are you like this ????????????

3. just saying

January 13, 2017 at 10:07 am

She shld also apologise to the girl she bought the box/bag from. from burning her stuff and not paying.
    Since did is d season for apologies.

• RIFF RAFF

January 13, 2017 at 10:54 am

Since everybody is apologizing, madam Mercy should also apologize to Odi’s ex wife….no man holy pass. We all knew this man’s marital status when he hooked up with Mercy and at one point, she never wasted an opportunity to rub her marriage/happiness on the ex- woman’s face as if to say “you lost,i won”

Flavour should apologize to Anna for not standing up to her and letting her chop all sorts of insults on his behalf while she was pregnant because she refused to abort his baby so that he could save his other relationship (and get away with his randy peen….)

Like someone mentioned , we could go on and on….

• Sevenade

January 13, 2017 at 11:41 am

Grace, Vero, Uju,etc. I am waiting for your apologies.

• Non ame

January 13, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Appro!

• Non ame

January 13, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Appro International. you and who knew?

4. Nunulicious

January 13, 2017 at 10:09 am

Watch this generate plenty comments while other pertinent issues would be ignored. Later they will say Nigeria no be better country. How can it be better when the young people are ignoring matters arising.
    #BringBackOurCash #Somebodytell USA #returnNaijamoney recession is in the air biko

• Authentic Sunshine

January 13, 2017 at 11:19 am

1000 likes for your comment. Let’s start a campaign about where our priorities lie.
      #PayAttentionTowhat matters
      #ThanksAsYouReturnOurLootedFunds
      #WeHaveOurBanksThanks
      #LetUsReprioritise
      #LeaveACommentAboutIssuesThat AffectOurNationalGrowth.
      #TellSomebodyTodayToDoSomethingBeneficialToNigeria.

• Sevenade

January 13, 2017 at 11:48 am

So true! Very few people comment about the killings in Kaduna, the unlawful imprisonment and secret trial of Nnamdi Kanu, the downgrading of Nigeria’s relations with Taiwan, a open and transparent democracy, because of China, etc. But when it comes to irrrelevant things, people will start writing long grammar to impress.

• adukeologe

January 13, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Nnamdi kanu you say? Same guy who only ever incites violence by his speeches. Why should we ‘animals in the zoo’ now protest his imprisonment? He was afterall soliciting funds for weapons to attack us. Sorry but good riddance.

5. Ck

January 13, 2017 at 10:29 am

Now there’s no doubt this is a whole hearted apology, someone tell pretty mike how it’s done

• Sevenade

January 13, 2017 at 11:57 am

Lolzzzzzzz…. Pretty Mike was threatened with imprisonment and forced to apologize. Tonto did hers wholeheartedly.

6. Blueberry

January 13, 2017 at 10:32 am

Now that is maturity.

7. Ebi

January 13, 2017 at 10:34 am

2017. Positive vibes only

8. Anon

January 13, 2017 at 10:34 am

When the scales clear from the eyes…

Indeed, pride comes before a fall.

• RIFF RAFF

January 13, 2017 at 11:14 am

Better still,
      -When cheating hubbies begin to show their wives pepper,
      – After constantly and indirectly shading to ex-wife on IG by wanting to show her how you are the better one for him; Only for you to realize that the ex-wife is not to blame here (for those who married divorcees) ; Proof of it is how easily the man walked out on you just as he did with the other woman…..and her children.

Love is blind, but marriage can restore one’s sight in a second.

9. Carina J

January 13, 2017 at 10:34 am

To err is human, to forgive is divine.
    Who will apologize first?
    Linda ikeji vs stella dimoko?
    Funke Akindele vs Eniola Badmus vs Toyin Aimahaku
    Basketmouth vs freeze vs Bovi
    Omotola vs Genevieve…something is going on. They dont even folow each other on Instagram.
    Harrysong vs Kcee vs Emoney
    Dbanj vs Don jazzy
    The list plenty!make i stop here.

• tosyno

January 13, 2017 at 11:09 am

When did Eniola Badmus and Funke start fighting and I know funke and Toyin have been beefing since forever

• Ify

January 13, 2017 at 11:11 am

Funke, Eniola and Toyin???? I never hear this gist oh. Please tell me more

• nene

January 13, 2017 at 11:48 am

omotola is the problem, trust me. on uche jombo’s birthday, almost every celebrity, including genevieve, wished her a happy birthday, except omotola.

• Folashade

January 13, 2017 at 12:05 pm

and so what? can’t believe you noticed. Get a life!

• Sq

January 13, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Is it by instagram post? What if omotola called uches phone to wish her a HBD. How many of those that posted on ig sef has uches phone number or even called? I still see uche jumbos comment under omtola’s ig everytime
      Omotola posts , so wassup. World people

10. Joynino

January 13, 2017 at 10:37 am

Tonto thank God for the divine change in you and Mercy let the Holy Spirit be praised for your kind understanding, the Heavens is surely in a great joy over you guys unity, love you both?

11. Sonia Paloma

January 13, 2017 at 10:46 am

I should be saying ‘awww, how sweet’ but instead my reply after reading this was, abeg na una sabi
    lol i woke up on the wrong side of the bed today i guess

12. Tiana Ruches

January 13, 2017 at 10:51 am

This is heart warming. #Positive Vibes

13. Mo'Diva

January 13, 2017 at 11:29 am

Wow! Lovely

14. xo

January 13, 2017 at 11:29 am

aww.. I shed a tear <3

15. MamaD

January 13, 2017 at 11:42 am

Stay there compiling list of celebs having issues don’t go and review your own life and make amends.
    This is a big lesson right here for me and everyone. Grudges, deliberately hurting others etc will never do us any good. May God help us.

16. nene

January 13, 2017 at 11:46 am

tonto dikeh was just a terrible and angry person. i truly hope she’s changed for the better, at least so her child doesn’t get to deal with her craziness.

17. Ekene

January 13, 2017 at 11:47 am

Genevieve’ vs Kate Henshaw takes award as the lead longest beef.

18. Grace

January 13, 2017 at 11:55 am

I dont think she may have issues in her marriage as people may suspect… she did this to gain attention to her page(driving traffic) based on her first paragraph though

“Good morning world Since I have your undivided attention I better make good use of it and not miss the blessing in this lesson!!!”

Just saying though.

Thank God they made up.

19. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

January 13, 2017 at 12:07 pm

@RIFF RAFF, wait till her marriage breaks down then she can apologise to Odi’s wife

I am not going to lie that’s Mercy Johnson’s nice selfie

20. Hey

January 13, 2017 at 12:19 pm

That of Funke akindele vs eniola badmus
    Funke vs toyin
    I hope she’s not adding toyo baby to the list . Is about Funke .Try to have a change of heart too . BTW kudos to Mercy and Tonto ❤❤

21. Lucinda

January 13, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Typical Nigerian woman behaviour. They start reconciling with their friends after they lose their men. Same thing with Lilian and Linda Ejiofor.

• Don

January 13, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Didn’t you say the same thing on SDK?

22. Carina

January 13, 2017 at 12:56 pm

@nene. Do you know if Omotola called her instead? Everything must not be on Instagram!! Madam i too know

@madam D… I dont hold grudges. I do not have anyone to ask for forgiveness except God. Oversabi.

23. BN must post my comment

January 13, 2017 at 1:04 pm

I hope she’ll also apologize to all the wives of her ex sugar daddies

24. Social Media 9

January 13, 2017 at 1:28 pm

You still owe her one more apology ☝️️Tonto!
    I remember when Tonto reigned insults on Mercy Johnson for going back to work soon after having her first child Purity! Tonto you blamed it then on peverty , saying that If Mercy had enough nough money she would stay at home longer and nurse her child and not return to work a few months after child birth ?. Here in the UK and several places across the world , some women go back to work maybe 6 or seven months after child birth for different reasons. In my own case I was so low and needed something to lift my mood up. Some women suffer Post natal depression and work becomes a very good way of pulling yourself back on track emotionally. The journey of getting, & being pregnant is no Joke and every womans journey & experience differs! Even if a woman chooses to back to work part time one day or two days a week for a few hours and puts an 11month child with trusted hands in a creche, Nusery or with grandma! to make ends meet or support her home financially! So what ! If it works for them and thier child.
    My point is we should all be careful what we say , because we may really not understand another persons journey or story! and may not even be able to walk a mile in thier shoes! Lets not be too much in a haste to pass judgement or throw shades.
    I learnt this from my own mistakes too a few years back! God help us all!

25. Mama Bee

January 13, 2017 at 2:19 pm

It’s good they’ve apologized and forgiven themselves.People should stop bashing Tonto cos both Tonto and Mercy are no saints equally.Peep let Tonto breathe Biko.One is loud and first pretend while the other is sly and pretends a lot.The difference.Mercy I hope you have truly forgiven Tonto and won’t forgive an laugh in your room and laugh at her.You are known to be one who is full of herself and cunning in Thomas Estate.Dont fake things to Tonto.Who knows tomorrow?.I’ve said mine

26. sylvia

January 13, 2017 at 11:12 pm

To err is human but to forgive is divine u most not hold grudges .forgive an forget

27. Sam.

January 14, 2017 at 8:24 am

@ Mama Bee, biko do u live with either Tonto or Mercy to know that they r either loud nd pretentious or sly and pretentious. Humans and their judgmental tendencies. How are you yourself,? maybe you are even worse than both of them, because na bad person wey dey recognize his/her fellow bad person. Abeg if u no know wetin to talk, just read d comments and waka pass.

• Mama Bee

January 16, 2017 at 2:24 am

@Sam please live in your ignorance.Dont think some of us have a whole day for comments.Unlike you some of us know what we’re talking about.Cos we know a bit more than you.Tonto is no angel but are you and I angels,.But then look at how the whole internet just turned against Tonto like no one has sinned before.When even both parties as well as you n I have flaws.Go find some beans and sip some ogbonno soup.I don’t know them right?But you know me?SMH

28. Mark

January 14, 2017 at 9:39 am

Eny one hu dosingt like this apologize..is Good for nothing human being..

29. Gad

January 14, 2017 at 10:19 am

This is God reigning in them

30. Anyiezendu

January 14, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Waoooooo. This is the best apology and reply I have seen so far . This is a good omen and I love it . May God bless and be with them always.
    If this was in a movie , it will be a fast saling movie .
    THANKS.

31. LOVE

January 16, 2017 at 1:39 pm

LOOK AT ME SHEDDING TEARS AS I READ THIS APOLOGY LETTER. ALL I WILL SAY IS THIS
    @TONTO IT TAKES A BRAVE, UNDERSTANDING AND SINCERE HEART TO WRITE THIS APOLOGY ON THE NET. U COULD SIMPLY GIVE HER A CALL OR TEXT AND END IT. BUT YOU HAD UR FANS AND HER FANS AT HEART. WE ALL FORGAVE YOU. GOD BLESS AND RESTORE YOUR HOME.#MAMAKING# ONE LOVE
    @MERCY J. YOU ARE SIMPLY FORGIVING. AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR PUTTING HER IN YOUR PRAYERS. YOU ARE A RARE GEM. LOVE YOU ALWAYS.#MAMAPURITY# ONE LOVE.

WE THE FANS ARE HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK. PLS I WILL LOVE TO SEE A PICTURE OF THE TWO OF YOU WITH YOUR KIDS TOGETHER. ON KINGS BDAY BASH.

32. QT MeezJacson

August 13, 2018 at 10:03 pm

to truly forgive and forget is not easy but its possible

@LOVE: LOL at :PLS I WILL LOVE TO SEE A PICTURE OF THE TWO OF YOU WITH YOUR KIDS TOGETHER. ON KINGS BDAY BASH.

it appears the whole thing was for social media

aint no ‘Johnsons at King’s birthday parties

may God help us to truly forgive and forget as for many people that act is not easy