Scoop

“I felt deeply insulted” – Eva Alordiah reacts to an IG User’s Comment calling her Lord of the Rings

BellaNaija.com

Social media users have no filter these days.

Rapper Eva Alordiah went on her Instagram page to react to a comment left by an Instagram user on her page where the person said about Eva’s fiancé, Caeser, “This guy has no Shame, since 2015 he proposed and no wedding, Is she Lord of the Rings?”

Eva posted a video response and captioned:

How can you, with all humanness in you say “This guy has no Shame, since 2015 he proposed and no wedding, Is she Lord of the Rings?” I read that comment from @princessnwaroh and felt deeply insulted. That was a weak attempt at comedy if she was trying to be funny.
It is my ring.
If a wedding happens, it would be my wedding.

How is this supposed to end?

Oh and just an offside, he proposed in 2016 and I still cannot believe he did!

Watch what she had to say below.

How can you, with all humanness in you say “This guy has no Shame, since 2015 he proposed and no wedding, Is she Lord of the Rings?” I read that comment from @princessnwaroh and felt deeply insulted. That was a weak attempt at comedy if she was trying to be funny. It is my ring. If a wedding happens, it would be my wedding. Have you wondered if the girl in question is ready for Marriage? So because I am engaged I must marry? It is my engagement, it is only a promise of loyalty between two people. If I decide I am going to hold the Record for longest engagement ever, I’d hold it. How does that have anything to do with shame for any man? For my man? Last night, I learned how the words people use with us can influence us to several different types of actions. That hateful comment of hers made me type back to her “Shut Your face before you make yourself look ugly online. Ain’t cute for a cute girl like you.” Am I proud of myself when I see that comment next to my name? No, not really. Tit for tat never makes the love go round. But at the time of my writing that, I just really wanted to shut her face. *sigh* We have spent many years degrading and berating our Women for not marrying early, then the woman gets engaged and you chew the man for not marrying her sharp sharp. How is this supposed to end? I was a girl just yesterday. I am learning to become a woman. And I have the most supportive human being in King Caesar holding my hand as I learn these ropes. Now that’s outta the way, I just wanna say, “I want to have kids, I wish I had one at 19. I want to have a family as beautiful and full of Live as the one my Parents have created for us. I want to marry my best friend when I do finally accept the time. Until then, I WILL PROTECT MY POWER TO CHOOSE FOR MYSELF WHEN I AM READY TO GET MARRIED. And if I don’t get married, that’s still me exercising my right to choose. Oh and just an offside, he proposed in 2016 and I still cannot believe he did!

A video posted by Eva (@ievaalordiah) on

1. Mr. Egghead

January 13, 2017 at 5:41 am

“So because I am engaged I must marry?”
    By definition, yes. , , unless you are Jennifer Hudson

• Ottawa Queen

January 13, 2017 at 7:59 am

No, you’re wrong sir! Being engaged to someone doesn’t entitle you by all means to get married to the person. In fact, that’s the time you reflect and deeply consider if you really want to spend your entire lifetime with that person after weighing several reasons and how to tolerate such an individual in future. An engagement is a commitment, yes! But not binding. It’s better and wise to have a broken engagement than to later have a case of divorce or marital crisis.

• nene

January 13, 2017 at 11:56 am

men are impulsive. so if a man is carrying on an engagement for long, he might not be sure about marriage. the only valid reason for a long engagement should be because the girl also wants a long engagement, or they’re not financially settled. anything out of the two means here’s a comma in the engagement.

• LostInSpace

January 13, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Should one be engaged before being committed in a relationship? Just saying

• wale

January 13, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Her picture looks too filtered. People use this picture altering tools to the point that they look really weird. Easy, plz.

2. Sevenade

January 13, 2017 at 7:10 am

@Eva, I can understand why you are angry, but I want to believe, the essence of engagament is to get married. Why should a man propose to a girl if he’s not ready to settle down. I have seen a case where a man engaged a girl for three years, and at the end of it all, refused to marry her. Some men can’t just be trusted these days.

3. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

January 13, 2017 at 7:34 am

(1) coming from a fellow woman, AM SHOCKED!!! why are black women heartless??

(2) IT IS HER FINGER FEELING THE PAIN OF THE WEIGHT OF THE RING NOT YOURS!!!

(3) ENGAGEMENT IS NOT A CERTIFICATE TO BE MARRIED

A BROKEN ENGAGEMENT IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE!!! STOP THE SHAMING!!!!

4. Sylvia

January 13, 2017 at 7:45 am

I don’t know why people refuse to mind their business in this part of the world. Who told you someone engaged must be married within a year or so? How are you people sure that isn’t what the couple agreed on? Last I checked, there isn’t a rule for engagement anywhere. Personally I prefer shorter dating and longer engagement. It’s just that Nigerians have very twisted ideology on marriage, if not, I don’t know how a simple engagement means tying someone down. It’s not like you’d need a divorse if things don’t go as planned.

5. RIFF RAFF

January 13, 2017 at 7:51 am

She’s deeply hurt….

I hope her man reads that post….and either he MANS up or he lets this beautiful lady find happiness elsewhere. I mean u can’t have monopoly over this girl’s best years without CONCRETE commitment because u selfishly do not want other guys around; Guys who may even be more than ready to go all the way….

Tunde Demuren wanted to try this with Toolz, but he got called out and was given ultimatum sharp-sharp!

My question is: Why is that when a guy wants to purchase a car or a house , he doesn’t waste any time to do what it takes because he wants to get those papers that prove he is the official owner. But when it comes to the woman he claims to “love”, all of a sudden, dude “doesn’t want to be pressured”. Why? Money? what about those who started small, did they die?we all start from somewhere, don’t we?

You don’t want pressure? Then let her go!!!!
    AND YES, IT’S THE MAN I’M CALLING OUT

• Bimbo

January 13, 2017 at 8:41 am

But how is any of it your business though ?

• RIFF RAFF

January 13, 2017 at 9:35 am

Whatever is posted for public consumption becomes everybody’s business.

Somebody badly wanted my attention; You got it. If u want more of my attention, post a twerking video of yourself….i’d gladly give it all to u.
      Happy New Year….stop forming and be my friend, nawww, lol.

• Who spat in your lacasera?

January 13, 2017 at 11:01 pm

You need to breathe hun

6. Vanessa

January 13, 2017 at 8:20 am

I don’t see anyone calling Fka Twigs “lord of the rings”, and she’s been engaged since 2015. The highest you’d see is media speculating when the wedding will hold or what type of wedding it will be. Eva should ignore trolls. Many of them just want to see her wedding ceremonies featured on BN weddings, they’d still be first to post comments like, “marriage is not for everyone”, “these celebrities think marriage is a joke”, if it doesn’t work out between them.

7. chinagorom

January 13, 2017 at 8:22 am

Woow! I really like the way Eva talked, she chose her words well without having to insult the girl like other celebrities do. But as for me, being engaged doesn’t mean you have to marry that year or immediately.

8. Tosy

January 13, 2017 at 8:28 am

Y’all want her to rush into Marriage. What if she is not ready? What if she rushes in and it ends like Tiwa or Ini Edo or Lilian Esoro???? Have you stupid fans not learnt some.lessons from these celebrity marriages? She is taking her time and its NONE OF YOUR FU–ING BUSINESS!!! Na wa 4 una o! #Spits

9. keke driver

January 13, 2017 at 8:38 am

Why can’t people mind their business for christ sake, if She decides to be engaged for the rest of Her life, shuo what’s your own…Na wa o

10. Marriage palava

January 13, 2017 at 9:01 am

@ the instagram user and some of the comments above,

The mind of every girl is so messed up that all they think about is marriage. That is why she can leave that kind of comment. What matters to them most in life is for the guy to marry them…..It is my choice to do or not. If i dont, how is it your problem?

Engaging a girl for long is also not anyones business @ you all above. The girl is not tied down—if she likes, she can drop the ring and move on if the guy isnt ready. Many of you at a 22-25yrs will be playing around and won’t even commit to any guy, but when time is no longer on your side, you will be coming up with this bullshit of a man shouldnt engage a lady for long.

Abeg shift jare—is marriage your purpose on earth? Do you know there is no husband and wife in heaven? If na legal konji dey do you, go and get laid my friend. If it is kids, go to a sperm bank….all these cries on men’s head is enough

When the guy now marries her and he isnt capable of taking care of the family, it would be another war. Let the men do at their own time. If you are not comfortable with it, move to another person—your destiny is not tied to him. phew

11. cath.

January 13, 2017 at 9:39 am

There is no way people will mind their business in this matter. What was all that public engagement for? if they knew they were not ready, they would have continued their boyfriend/girlfriend quietly in their corner

• nene

January 13, 2017 at 11:58 am

gbam

12. Ose

January 13, 2017 at 10:28 am

All these people saying people should mind their business should just stop it pleassse.
    Even though its not my business,they made is people’s business when her bf decided to propose to her in front of the whole Nigerians,home and abroad. So if people give their opinions let them be. Stop publicising if u don’t want people to talk even though I don’t support the insults. But people must talk.

13. Ololade

January 13, 2017 at 10:37 am

Engagement doesn’t mean marriage..The reason we are here is people think the greatest achievement in life is to marry…Naaa..Married people have more issues to deal with than unmarried people…Life has enough challenges already don’t add Marriage to it when you are not ready

14. Lucinda

January 13, 2017 at 12:39 pm

I won’t make any engagement public until a date is set. Why did she make it public if she wants us to mind our business? This is why I don’t fancy surprise public proposals. For you to ask me to marry you, it means you have taken your time to study me well and you are at least 80% sure about commitment with me. I am not a desperado, if you’re not ready yet, keep your ring.

• Who spat in your lacasera?

January 13, 2017 at 11:02 pm

He proposed to her publicly. she didn’t make it public. And you can still mind your business if your busy body wants to

15. Olawande

January 13, 2017 at 10:10 pm

As u can see if u read well she said she’s the one who’s not ready yet why blame the poor guy you people shld learn not to poke nose in other people’s matter mind your businesses biko.

16. skyhigh

January 13, 2017 at 11:28 pm

lets stop being politically correct ladies as not to seem desperate mbok …truly if my man engages me i expect to be married pretty soon after that ..what is the question the man ask again ? isn’t it will you Marry me?? so why ask it if you need to go and think after that?? ..are you kidding me?? ..if you people like to waste time not me ..think very well before proposal..mbok